http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 10:27:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you buying this week? (12/24)  (Read 1066 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: December 24, 2007, 01:43:56 PM »

Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even... Hmmm... I can't figure out how to make this all rhyme. Oh well. Tongue

What's coming out this week you may ask? I'll make it simple:

NOTHING.

So...what are you buying this week? biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 02:10:23 PM »

Yeah.  Lots of nothing.  smile

Pikachu, I Blame you!
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 02:29:45 PM »

Not buying anything. But hoping to get Assasins's Creed (PS3) and the full Rock Band setup (360) in my stocking tomorrow morning.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 02:31:58 PM »

Nothing, but Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (PSP) was an early Xmas present I left shrinkwrapped to open tomorrow. smile

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 02:46:51 PM »

I'd like to find Rock Band 360 in my stocking tomorrow morning but I don't think my socks are big enough  icon_frown

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 03:36:53 PM »

considering the glut of cheap used Blu Ray discs that the local used place has for sale right now I'm thinking about taking the PS3 plunge and grabbing a bunch.  I priced a bunch of them yesterday and noticed I can grab all 3 Pirates movies for about 30 bucks.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 04:06:23 PM »

I'll buy more nothing than all of you combined!!!!  mad

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 05:06:48 PM »

The only thing I could possibly buy is 1 of this weeks VC releases. Here they are:

BLADES OF STEEL (NESŪ, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone-Mild Violence, 500 Wii Points): With stick in hand and confidence brimming, you are looking to bring home the cup, win the MVP award, get on the covers of major sports magazines and date a beautiful model (not necessarily in that order). But soon you will learn that, in this league, nothing is ever given to you, and before you can reach your goals, you'll have to put the puck in the net and score some. You'll need both the artful skills of a finesse player and the bone-crushing brutality of an enforcer. Defend your own goal against unrelenting power plays, or put the pressure on your opponent's goalie and try a slap shot of your own. Don't forget to defend yourself when anger flares because the gloves come off and fists start flying. So strap on blades of steel and prepare to either make a name for yourself or be put on ice.

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (Super NESŪ, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Revisit Donkey Kong Island and join the Kong family for their latest adventure. The Kremlings have a mysterious new leader named KAOS and are up to their usual mischief, even capturing Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. Now it's up to Dixie Kong and the newest Kong, a giant infant named Kiddy, to rescue the two missing apes. They'll travel across previously unseen parts of the island in their search, and even take to the skies in a rocket at one point. Lucky for them, Dixie and Kiddy's powers complement each other (including Kiddy's talent for rolling like a barrel), so they form a powerful team capable of major Kremling damage. They're not completely on their own, either, since returning favorites like Funky Kong and Enguarde the swordfish provide help along the way. And in a series known for its abundance of secrets and high replay value, this entry doesn't disappoint, with enough hours of game play to satisfy Donkey Kong himself. Anyone else have a sudden urge for some bananas?

Rolling Thunder 2 (Genesis, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone-Violence, 800 Wii Points): In this follow-up to the original clas-sic, you are once again a member of Interpol's Rolling Thunder task force, and it's up to you to stop the return of the evil Geldra organization. Now known as Neo-Geldra and led by a newcomer named Gimdo, the bad guys are bent on destroying several valuable outer-space satellites. In this one- or two-player game, you can play as Leila or Albatross-both characters from the original-as you venture through several different levels, trying to put a stop to the nefarious efforts of Gimdo and the rest of Neo-Geldra. Use your bullets wisely and make Rolling Thunder proud.

I'd buy Donkey Kong 3 but I still haven't finished the 2nd yet.  icon_confused  Blades of Steel looks like it could be a fun, arcadeish game of hockey. Just in case you're interested there's a video review of it at vc-reviews of a game in which the Leafs are getting their butts kicked; hmm...maybe it isn't so arcade.  icon_twisted  Here's the link: http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/617/blades-of-steel.php
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 05:08:23 PM »

I don't think much except for some tv box sets.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 05:11:15 PM »

Blades of Steel is a classic!

I might bite on that.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 05:16:10 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on December 24, 2007, 05:11:15 PM

Blades of Steel is a classic!

I might bite on that.

I'm almost certain I'll buy it, if anything it will give my kids an occasional break from the realism of NHL 08.  icon_wink
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 05:20:08 PM »

XBLA title this week is something I'm certainly not going to buy for 800 points (or any number of points, really):

SpongeBob SquarePants does something hee-larious, I'm sure.

An admission:  I have never once watched this show.  It's what, Nickelodeon?  I also don't watch the Cartoon Network.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 05:23:47 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on December 24, 2007, 05:20:08 PM

XBLA title this week is something I'm certainly not going to buy for 800 points (or any number of points, really):

SpongeBob SquarePants does something hee-larious, I'm sure.

An admission:  I have never once watched this show.  It's what, Nickelodeon?  I also don't watch the Cartoon Network.

I am definately getting Sensible Soccer from last week though.  If Blades of Steel included online play it would be a no brainer.

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 05:56:03 PM »

Blades of Steel was fricking awesome.

I know that Guitar Hero 3 is under the tree for me this year. I hope to get Mass Effect from Santa too.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 06:11:47 PM »

Blades of Steel - cool!  Definite maybe!

TheMissingLink on PSN
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 06:29:18 PM »

The show rocks.  The games...not so much.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 08:45:21 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on December 24, 2007, 06:29:18 PM

The show rocks.  The games...not so much.

Agreed, the shows are much better than the games. Although there were a few Sponge Bob games on the GBA and 1 on  the GC that my kids really liked.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2007, 05:37:55 AM »

Was thinking about picking up Blue Dragon this week since it's on sale for $31.99 but I just got it for Christmas so no need!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 01:47:39 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 24, 2007, 03:36:53 PM

considering the glut of cheap used Blu Ray discs that the local used place has for sale right now I'm thinking about taking the PS3 plunge and grabbing a bunch.  I priced a bunch of them yesterday and noticed I can grab all 3 Pirates movies for about 30 bucks.

scratch that, I got one as a gift.  I did buy used copies of Uncharted, PotC 3 BR and Order of the Phoenix BR.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: