http://gamingtrend.com
November 25, 2014, 11:32:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you buying this week? (11/19)  (Read 1065 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: November 19, 2012, 07:09:22 AM »

Whoo, new console launch!

PS3:
Clan of Champions
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse
Hitman: Absolution
Iron Sky: Invasion
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Rise of the Guardians
The Walking Dead: Episode 5 - No Time Left
Zen Pinball 2: Marvel Pinball - Civil War

PSP:
Elminage Original

PSV:
Jet Set Radio
Persona 4 Golden
Sine Mora

360:
Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse
Pinball FX 2: Marvel Pinball - Civil War
Rise of the Guardians
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Wii:
Rise of the Guardians

Wii U (launched 11/18):
Assassin's Creed III
Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition
Ben 10: Omniverse
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Chasing Aurora
Darksiders II
Game Party Champions
Just Dance 4
Little Inferno
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
Nano Assault Neo
NBA 2K13
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Nintendo Land
Puddle
Rabbids Land
Scribblenauts Unlimited
SiNG Party
Skylanders Giants
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
Transformers Prime: The Game
Trine 2: Director's Cut
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
Wipeout 3
ZombiU

DS:
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!
Rise of the Guardians
Spirit Hunters Inc: Shadow/Light

3DS:
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!
Crashmo
Rise of the Guardians

PC:
Assassin's Creed III
PlanetSide 2
Real Heroes: Firefighter
Reef Shot
Scribblenauts Unlimited

What are you buying (or in the Wii U's case, what did you buy) this week?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 07:40:25 AM »

I'd really like to get Scribblenauts Unlimited for the PC, but I can't find any info about purchasing options online for Europe. Hell, I can't even watch the trailer on Steam as it tells me I'm in an incorrect region.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:16:27 AM »

PC- TWD: Ep 5

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 11:39:42 AM »

nothing,but Family Guy goes on the list

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 12:49:53 PM »

Possibly Persona 4 Golden.  I have a love/hate relationship with the Persona games, but I never did get around to playing P4 on PS2.  Would give me an excuse to dig out the Vita as well.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 01:12:10 PM »

No Wii U games yet until I actually get the damned thing.

I was excited for Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two but both IGN and Gamespot say it's underwhelming at best.

Looks like I will be getting
Jet Set Radio (Vita)
Pinball FX 2: Marvel Pinball - Civil War

And Crashmo

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 01:29:42 PM »

Sonic transformed was out 16th here and it is just superb, really recommend it.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 01:52:35 PM »

Technically I bought the Wii U and ZombiU last week, same with Hitman Absolution and Walking Dead Episode 5 for the PC months ago biggrin

New Super Mario Bros U - Wii U
Scribblenauts Unlimited - Wii U
Assassin's Creed 3 - Wii U or PC

Persona 4 Golden will be a rental.  I may think about grabbing a $200 PS3 this weekend because someone wants to play Disgaea 4 and I'm not too thrilled with the stand alone blu ray player I bought.  of course if I see a deal on the 3DS XL I may grab that instead, or maybe both of them.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 02:00:17 PM »

WiiU:
Assassin's Creed III
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Darksiders II
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land

PS3/Vita:
Playstation All Stars

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 02:27:02 PM »

Hitman, for the PC, since I got it for free with my new video card.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 03:30:22 PM »

Nada

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 03:55:55 PM »

All preorders that I didn’t realize would arrive on the same day…

3DS
Disney Epic Mickey: The Power of Illusion

PC
Hitman: Absolutions

WiiU
WiiU Deluxe Console with Nintendo Land
New Super Mario U
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 04:06:32 PM »

Yeah, 200 bucks for a PS3 seems pretty nice, expecially considering I just spent more than that for a stand-alone blu-ray player (and the reason I spent as much as I did was to get DVD up-scaling performance that wouldn't suck compared to a PS3, it was tired of the PS3 sounding like a jet taking off when the fan kicked on in the middle of playback).

Quote from: CeeKay on November 19, 2012, 01:52:35 PM

Technically I bought the Wii U and ZombiU last week, same with Hitman Absolution and Walking Dead Episode 5 for the PC months ago biggrin

New Super Mario Bros U - Wii U
Scribblenauts Unlimited - Wii U
Assassin's Creed 3 - Wii U or PC

Persona 4 Golden will be a rental.  I may think about grabbing a $200 PS3 this weekend because someone wants to play Disgaea 4 and I'm not too thrilled with the stand alone blu ray player I bought.  of course if I see a deal on the 3DS XL I may grab that instead, or maybe both of them.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 04:12:02 PM »

I spent a lot of money yesterday.  Picked up the following for Wii U:

New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Nintendo Land
Scribblenauts Unlimited
ZombiU

Also got Epic Mickey for 3DS.

Will probably pick up Persna 4 Golden for Vita and at some point but Playstation All-Stars to get versions for both PS3 and Vita.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 04:15:31 PM »

I want to see the exciting and riveting conclusion to The Walking Dead series, and I'll be killing time with 47 when I'm off the rest of this week.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 04:19:41 PM by spigot » Logged

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 06:35:10 PM »

Might pick up the Marvel Civil War table for Zen Pinball, but, I'm pretty tapped for the holidays. Also moving in a month.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 07:03:39 PM »

Dangit. Was just getting in to Borderlands 2 and now gotta go back and finish ep 4 for Walking Dead.

Will probably pick up the Zen Pinball table but honestly I'm getting sick of all the Marvel themed tables. Hopefully they start going back to creating some tables from other licenses or some more original IPs.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 07:17:10 PM »

I knew something was missing Borderlands 2 DLC releases tomorrow  Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 02:23:56 PM »

Looks like Lego Lord of the Rings is good after all (the lack of Metacritic reviews was just weird), so I'll be picking that up today.

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 04:35:01 AM »

Question..
Under PC you have: Real Heroes: Firefighter
Wasn't this released like a year or two ago? is it a new version? I can't find any info on this and actually liked the arcade game...
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 07:06:41 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on November 20, 2012, 02:23:56 PM

Looks like Lego Lord of the Rings is good after all (the lack of Metacritic reviews was just weird), so I'll be picking that up today.

Played some of it last night. There's a lot of confusion of what to do right at the start. You're thrown on a battle field, which is confusing enough with a bunch of stuff moving on the screen, and its unclear of what or where to go. We were running around killing things and trying to progress when we finally figured out you need to kill guys with banners. Then the next part you have to switch to one of the 3 playable characters on the screen to move forward. Problem is at this point you have no clue of who that other guy is and it took awhile to figure out which one we needed. Then you fight a boss which took awhile to figure out how to damage him. But performing the same action only got rid of 2 of his health hearts but not his last one. So we spent a lot of time trying to figure out what we were missing and trying a bunch of other things without success. Finally we went back and tried the other thing several more times and were surprised when it finally "took" and we could move on. Basically the beginning area, which is small, took us like 30 minutes to get through when it should have taken us no more than 10.

The next area didn't get much better for my impressions. Its in Hobbiton but instead of showing that in full screen view it splits the screen down the center regardless of how close to one another you are. Wish they didn't do that.

Then on the next area as you're making your way to the Prancing Pony when all of a sudden a cut sequence plays for no reason. Gandalf  is arriving at Isengaurd to meet Saruman. When we're given control again the screen is split once again. But I'm playing Gandalf at Isenguard on the left half of the screen and my wife is playing the hobbits back on the road to the Prancing Pony on the right side of the screen back. It was WTF moment. Made more so when my wife started nagging me to look at how fucking big the fishing pole she pulled out of the ground was when I was getting the shit kicked out of me by Saruman - to be fair that was a pretty good moment.

So, so far not great impressions but will stick with it since typically the Lego games are a lot of fun co-op.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 07:23:13 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on November 21, 2012, 07:06:41 PM

Played some of it last night. There's a lot of confusion of what to do right at the start. You're thrown on a battle field, which is confusing enough with a bunch of stuff moving on the screen, and its unclear of what or where to go. We were running around killing things and trying to progress when we finally figured out you need to kill guys with banners. Then the next part you have to switch to one of the 3 playable characters on the screen to move forward. Problem is at this point you have no clue of who that other guy is and it took awhile to figure out which one we needed. Then you fight a boss which took awhile to figure out how to damage him. But performing the same action only got rid of 2 of his health hearts but not his last one. So we spent a lot of time trying to figure out what we were missing and trying a bunch of other things without success. Finally we went back and tried the other thing several more times and were surprised when it finally "took" and we could move on. Basically the beginning area, which is small, took us like 30 minutes to get through when it should have taken us no more than 10.

The next area didn't get much better for my impressions. Its in Hobbiton but instead of showing that in full screen view it splits the screen down the center regardless of how close to one another you are. Wish they didn't do that.

Then on the next area as you're making your way to the Prancing Pony when all of a sudden a cut sequence plays for no reason. Gandalf  is arriving at Isengaurd to meet Saruman. When we're given control again the screen is split once again. But I'm playing Gandalf at Isenguard on the left half of the screen and my wife is playing the hobbits back on the road to the Prancing Pony on the right side of the screen back. It was WTF moment. Made more so when my wife started nagging me to look at how fucking big the fishing pole she pulled out of the ground was when I was getting the shit kicked out of me by Saruman - to be fair that was a pretty good moment.

So, so far not great impressions but will stick with it since typically the Lego games are a lot of fun co-op.

I had none of these problems, though I haven't played co-op, so I can't speak about that aspect.  It does seem you can change the way the split-screen functions in the options menu.  IIRC, it's something like "Dynamic Split Screen" but I couldn't tell you what it does.

There are indicators at the top of the screen to show you what you need to accomplish at the beginning.  It seemed pretty clear to me, and I was finished fairly quickly with that segment (I do like to explore, though, so things take a little longer).

We've been discussing it here.  The reviews have been excellent, though it took a while for them to come out.  I'm sorry it didn't seem to click for you, but I've been extremely impressed.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 07:29:28 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on November 21, 2012, 07:06:41 PM

I'm playing it solo, but didn't come away with a great first impression either (I'm about at the same spot as you). 

I ended up grabbing Persona 4 Golden last night, and KotOR II this morning.  Forgot about the Steam sale...I'm sure that will add a few things this week.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 04:26:05 PM »

Don't forget Crashmo is out today!

Spoiler for Nintendo Weekly Download:
Nintendo eShop
Crashmo – Embrace the laws of gravity with a whole new kind of action-puzzle play in this exciting sequel to the critically acclaimed Pushmo game. New gravity mechanics and gadgets like floating blocks, doors and move switches await players ready for a challenge. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link – Link returns to Hyrule on a quest to find the Triforce of Courage and awaken Zelda from an endless sleep. Learn magic spells, talk to people in towns to get clues, collect items to increase your power and explore seven palaces where the underlings of the evil Ganon await you. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Spirit Hunters Inc: Light – Using Augmented Reality, scan anywhere in the real world to hunt, battle and capture as many of the unique spirits as possible. With 96 spirits, 16 spirit families and 90+ abilities (each aligned to one of the six elements) there are plenty of opportunities to customize your experience as you increase your levels and ranks within Spirit Hunters Inc. Spirit Hunters Inc: Light has six spirits which can only be obtained in this version. (For Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DSi™)

Spirit Hunters Inc: Shadow – Using Augmented Reality, scan anywhere in the real world to hunt, battle and capture as many of the unique spirits as possible. With 96 spirits, 16 spirit families and 90+ abilities (each aligned to one of the six elements) there are plenty of opportunities to customize your experience as you increase your levels and ranks within Spirit Hunters Inc. Spirit Hunters Inc: Shadow has six spirits which can only be obtained in this version. (For Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DSi)

Also new this week:
Meat or Die: Gisele (Nintendo Video)
3D MahJongg (Nintendo eShop)
NINJA MASTER’S (Virtual Console for Wii)

Also, these games have recently been released for the Wii U eshop:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Recently released in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U™:
• Amazon Instant Video
• Assassin’s Creed® III
• Chasing Aurora
• Darksiders II
• Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
• EA Sports FIFA Soccer 2013
• ESPN Sports Connection
• Game Party™ Champions
• Hulu Plus
• Just Dance 4
• Little Inferno
• Madden NFL 2013
• Mighty Switch Force!™ Hyper Drive Edition
• NBA® 2K13
• Nano Assault NEO
• Netflix
• New Super Mario Bros.™ U
• NINJA GAIDEN™ 3: Razor’s Edge
• Nintendo Land™
• Rabbids® Land
• Scribblenauts™ Unlimited
• SiNG PARTY™
• Sonic All Star Racing Transformed
• TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT™ 2 Wii U EDITION
• Trine 2™: Director’s Cut
• WARRIORS OROCHI® 3 Hyper
• Your Shape® Fitness Evolved 2013
• ZombiU™

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »

Apparently I bought a PS3 with the sales...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: