http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 09:26:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you buying this week? (11/04)  (Read 418 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: November 04, 2013, 06:47:31 AM »

It's late, and I'm not looking forward to two new console launches later this month. Oh well.

PS3:
Ben 10 Omniverse 2
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collection
The Guided Fate Paradox

PSV:

360:
Ben 10 Omniverse 2
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collection

WiiU:
Ben 10 Omniverse 2

3DS:
Ben 10 Omniverse 2
Moshi Monsters: Katsuma Unleashed
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
Power Rangers Megaforce

PC:
State of Decay

Whohoo! Yes! Another Power Rangers game!

What are you buying this week?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 06:50:47 AM »

Why do you have State of Decay on the list this week? Does it leave "Early Acces" that it has been available on for some weeks or something?

A word of warning then, in case anyone wants to purchase a finished product - its not ready.

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 06:55:40 AM »

Nothing. Next-gen around the corner, and still playing (and really enjoying) the latest Phoenix Wright game.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 07:26:25 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 04, 2013, 06:50:47 AM

Why do you have State of Decay on the list this week? Does it leave "Early Acces" that it has been available on for some weeks or something?

A word of warning then, in case anyone wants to purchase a finished product - its not ready.

It's supposed to be seeing the "final" version released this week, so I think you're jumping the gun on the warning a bit since I'd expect another patch for the release.  They have also had 2 patches since the last time you played it for your total 0.1 hour recorded on Steam. 

I haven't had any troubles running it, but I have also mostly been playing with an attached 360 controller.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 07:31:59 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 04, 2013, 07:26:25 AM

It's supposed to be seeing the "final" version released this week, so I think you're jumping the gun on the warning a bit since I'd expect another patch for the release.  They have also had 2 patches since the last time you played it for your total 0.1 hour recorded on Steam. 

I haven't had any troubles running it, but I have also mostly been playing with an attached 360 controller.

HAHA, are you stalking me? Funny that it says so - I've played it a few hours this friday? I guess we'll see but yes, I'm talking about controllers not being quite there. Graphics had some issues as well where I had to use the NVIDIA control panel to set it to use my Nvidia card, instead of the onboard one on my laptop, so it wasn't quite there yet.

The game itself is brilliant, dont get me wrong! Best console game I've played for years!

A new one
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 12:16:49 PM »

nada...  I will not double dip for the COD or BF even with the upgrade options.  Just not going to happen

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 12:55:54 PM »

I'll be getting The Guided Fate Paradox for PS3.  Unless Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD somehow makes it out this year, this will probably be my last day-one purchase for 2013.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 12:59:51 PM »

Ghosts!

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 01:38:38 PM »

Nothing this week and then the end of next week hits: Kablamo!

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 01:58:49 PM »

Wasn't planning on anything, but then I noticed that I can get any new game at Gamestop for $10 when trading in a couple other games that I was done with anyways (Diablo 3 and Dragon's Crown).  I wasn't interested in AC4 at $60, but might be for $10.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 02:39:30 PM »

Nothing, waiting on CoD for PS4. But I will be DLing Dragon's Dogma thx to PS+.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 03:06:34 PM »

Nothing.  Next week, though, will see some games bought.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 04:42:30 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 04, 2013, 07:31:59 AM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 04, 2013, 07:26:25 AM

HAHA, are you stalking me? Funny that it says so - I've played it a few hours this friday? I guess we'll see but yes, I'm talking about controllers not being quite there. Graphics had some issues as well where I had to use the NVIDIA control panel to set it to use my Nvidia card, instead of the onboard one on my laptop, so it wasn't quite there yet.

The game itself is brilliant, dont get me wrong! Best console game I've played for years!

Hehe, yeah, after seeing your post I wanted to see if you had played since their most recent patches so I checked your Steam Community page, since they supposedly improved mouse/keyboard stuff quite a bit in the last one.  smile

Sandwiches do fix everything.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 04:48:15 PM »

Unrelated question:   Why do people trade in games when they could sell them on ebay and make 40+ dollars back in a lot of cases (if sold in time).   

I realize that the eBay fees are a lot more than they used to be, but most of the time Gamestop is literally raking you over the coals on these trades.    Then they turn around and sell them for 50+ dollars used.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 05:02:12 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 04, 2013, 04:48:15 PM

Unrelated question:   Why do people trade in games when they could sell them on ebay and make 40+ dollars back in a lot of cases (if sold in time).   

I realize that the eBay fees are a lot more than they used to be, but most of the time Gamestop is literally raking you over the coals on these trades.    Then they turn around and sell them for 50+ dollars used.

Way more hassle free, almost to the point where it can be an impulse thing.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 06:47:49 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 04, 2013, 05:02:12 PM

Way more hassle free, almost to the point where it can be an impulse thing.

Pretty much this.  I realize I could probably make $20-30 more selling them on E-bay, but the hassle of doing so really isn't worth that to me.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 07:29:49 PM »

Debating on State of Decay. May wait on a price drop since already have it on 360.

And hopefully Pinball Arcade will make it out this week so can start playing that on PC.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 04:26:49 AM »

Think I might grab Guacamalee.  $7.49 is about the right price for it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 02:03:17 PM »

Not a damned thing.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 05:23:54 AM »

when done right you can get back nearly as much and it is easier. I prefer best buy for trades tend to get more. I got 45 for Madden 25 for instance.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: