http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 11:59:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Defender's Quest - RPG meets Tower Defense  (Read 403 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2012, 10:02:23 PM »

I hadn't heard of this game until it appeared on GoG this morning, but it looks great.  It's a tower defense game, but you use RPG units as your "towers" and the units can be leveled up and equipped as in RPGs.  The game has gotten some great reviews.  You can get it on Steam or GoG for $9.99.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 10:22:51 PM »

Love the idea... will need some commentary from people here before I'd buy. Not a graphics whore, but...
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 02:50:53 AM »

You know, I think I actually own that already.  And I thought we had a thread about it as well.  In face we did, but it didn't get much discussion then either.

I think I must have gotten it based on the RPS recommendations.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 01:03:29 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on October 31, 2012, 02:50:53 AM

You know, I think I actually own that already.  And I thought we had a thread about it as well.  In face we did, but it didn't get much discussion then either.

Well is it in face good?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 04:39:21 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on October 31, 2012, 01:03:29 PM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on October 31, 2012, 02:50:53 AM

Well is it in face good?

Yes, I seem to remember it being fun.  Tongue  You can still try it out on the web version or downloadable demo and see for yourself (both the same thing as far as I know, just one is standalone).

Sandwiches do fix everything.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »

I got totally sucked into this yesterday as I was watching the Lakers get pummelled by Dallas.

The graphics are definitely old school horrible but the game is new school fun.  It's exactly what they advertised, a TD game where the units take on a bit more personality.  There's definitely a fun flow to the "story" and the characters, and it's nice that you get to rename them all and do some limited customization of their skills.

Each map is pretty much traditional TD fare, and can be played and replayed on any of 4 difficulty levels, so if you are having trouble in one and just want to advance the storyline, you can play it at a lower difficulty.  Or you can go back and "grind" previous levels for more xp to level up.  Each difficulty completion gives a different (and better) reward, but the difficulty seems to ramp up very quickly.

"Scraps" are used for currency to buy items for your units, or to recruit more units.

Aside from the graphics, everything else is top notch and addictive if you enjoy TD games.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: