http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 08:48:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you buying this week? (10/19)  (Read 1935 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: October 19, 2009, 05:29:53 AM »

How many releases could there be in the middle of October? Let's take a look:

PS2:
Astro Boy: The Video Game
Backyard Football 2010
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
FIFA Soccer 10
Marvel Super Hero Squad
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
The Secret Saturdays: Beasts of the 5th Sun
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010

PS3:
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
Borderlands
FIFA Soccer 10
Madagascar Kartz
SingStar Motown
Way of the Samurai 3
Trine (PSN)

PSP:
Gran Turismo PSP Hardware Bundle
FIFA Soccer 10
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Marvel Super Hero Squad
Mytran Wars

360:
Backyard Football 2010
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
Borderlands
FIFA Soccer 10
Lips: Number One Hits
Madagascar Kartz
Way of the Samurai 3
Panzer General: Allied Assault (XBLA)
Tower Bloxx Deluxe (XBLA)

Wii:
Alien Monster Bowling League
Backyard Football 2010
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
Charm Girls Club Pajama Party
Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo
FIFA Soccer 10
iCarly
Madagascar Kartz
Marvel Super Hero Squad
Medieval Games
Mountain Sports
NBA 2K10
Water Sports
Rygar (VC - Arcade?)
LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias (WiiWare)
Shootanto: Evolutionary Mayhem (WiiWare)

DS:
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
Charm Girls Club My Fashion Mall
Charm Girls Club My Fashion Show
Charm Girls Club My Perfect Prom
Cooking Mama 3: Shop & Chop
Diner Dash: Flo on the Go
FIFA Soccer 10
iCarly
Imagine Fashion Designer World Tour
Jam Sessions 2--DS
Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010
Littlest Pet Shop: Friends
Littlest Pet Shop: City Friends
Littlest Pet Shop: Country Friends
Littlest Pet Shop: Beach Friends
Madagascar Kartz
Margot's Bepuzzled
Marvel Super Hero Squad
Space Invaders Extreme 2
Lots of Domo Games (DSiWare)

PC:
CSI: Deadly Intent
Elven Legacy: Ranger
Everquest II: The Complete Collection
iCarly
Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
Tropico 3

Okay...that's a lot.

Alas, I'd get Borderlands for the PC, but the devs/publisher are being stupid and won't release it for another week. Morons.

What are you buying this week?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 06:18:05 PM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 05:38:49 AM »

Nothing, I think. Need a week off from gaming after the last few weeks. smile
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 05:40:40 AM »

Nothing for me this week. 
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 05:58:47 AM »

Borderlands pending good reviews.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 06:04:53 AM »

nothing this week, I'm hoping on clearing out some backlog before Borderlands next week, and...

TWO WEEKS TIL DRAGON AGE BABY!!!!!!!!!  headbang Fabulous

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 06:23:19 AM »

nothing because the real version of borderlands got delayed a week to make it extra special.

well actually, i did get on in a 4 pack. so i guess i already bought the game from steam.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 11:43:20 AM »

Nothing for me...holding off for Torchlight next week.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 11:59:11 AM »

Waiting on the PC version of Borderlands, so nothing this week. 

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 12:02:32 PM »

FIFA (360)

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 12:19:46 PM »

Nada

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 12:21:13 PM »

Nothing this week thank goodness.  Maaaaaaaaaaaybe in 2 weeks - Dragon Age.  Undecided. 

I am Xboxalot on Live.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 12:27:05 PM »

Broderlands on the 360.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 12:31:42 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 19, 2009, 05:38:49 AM

Nothing, I think. Need a week off from gaming after the last few weeks. smile

same smile ...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 12:47:07 PM »

While I have an interest in Space Invaders Extreme 2 (the first was great), I think it's just Borderlands for me.

Although if Lost Winds 2 comes out today as promised on WiiWare, I'll be in for that, as well.

EDIT: Lost Winds 2 is indeed out, so: bolded.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 12:58:46 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 12:49:00 PM »

I was going to get Borderlands for PC, but the price in Canada for 360/PS3 is $39.99.  That's too hard to pass up, plus I'll probably be bored with it in a month.

"Goonies never say die"
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 12:58:04 PM »

Big week, somehow (what up with Domo?!), and hooray Lost Winds!!

WiiWare
LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias
Publisher: FRONTIER, Players: 1, ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Fantasy Violence, Price: 1,000 Wii Points
LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias is a sequel to the award-winning WiiWare launch title LostWinds. Enril the Wind Spirit returns to protect and guide young Toku by powering his jumps, aiding his glides and smashing his enemies. An evil adversary binds the fate of Toku's mother, Magdi, and the ancient Melodia civilization. To save Magdi, Toku and Enril must face new foes, enlist friends old and new, and wield incredible new powers - including the ability to switch the very seasons themselves - as they explore the diverse, richly interactive Chilling Peaks and Melodia City areas of the magical land of Mistralis. This enchanting, exhilarating, explorative game play experience is bursting with new ideas that make exceptional use of the Wii Remote™ controller. The awesome power of the Wind is back in the palm of your hand. 

Shootanto: Evolutionary Mayhem
Publisher: Hudson Entertainment, Players: 1-2, ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Crude Humor, Mild, Fantasy Violence, Suggestive Themes, Price: 500 Wii Points
Battle for the future in a world governed by the law of the jungle. As you move through the stages, your character evolves and your weapons and shooting abilities change. First, throw weapons by hand, then proceed to use tools and different types of projectiles. A cooperative two-player mode is also available. The controls are simple: Move the character with the control stick, adjust the crosshairs with the Wii Remote controller and shoot down targets while dodging enemy attacks. Getting hit by an enemy bullet or touching an enemy close to you will count as a miss. With each miss, you'll lose one heart; losing all hearts will end the game. 

Nintendo DSiWare
Crash-Course Domo
Publisher: Nintendo, Players: 1, ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief, Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
In Crash-Course Domo, you'll guide Domo across the finish line in six increasingly difficult bicycle races. Steer Domo around other racers and patches of rough terrain, pedaling as fast as his stubby legs will allow.

Hard-Hat Domo
Publisher: Nintendo, Players: 1, ESRB Rating: E (Everyone), Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
In Hard-Hat Domo, Domo is a construction worker trying to get to the top of a building. Match ladder colors to floor colors - using cans of paint, if necessary - to earn points and continue climbing higher. Reach the top floor to clear each of the four levels of difficulty. 

Pro-Putt Domo
Publisher: Nintendo, Players: 1, ESRB Rating: E (Everyone), Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
In Pro-Putt Domo, Domo hits the green in an effort to win the world putt-putt golf championship. Domo competes to finish with the lowest number of strokes in either the nine-hole Small Classic or the 18-hole Big Open tournament. Along the way, he'll collect coins and earn bowls of meat-and-potato stew while avoiding bunkers and water hazards. 

Rock-n-Roll Domo
In Rock-n-Roll Domo, you'll control Domo as he takes the stage in search of fortune and fame. Hit the right notes in rhythm (using the touch screen, if desired) to rock the house. If your timing needs work, use the mixer to practice songs. Complete five different songs at a series of increasingly larger venues to help Domo become a superstar. 

White-Water Domo
Take control of Domo as he hops into his kayak and races the river rapids in White-Water Domo. Jump and paddle as you steer Domo through the treacherous rapids in an effort to cross the finish line as quickly as possible. Finish with one of the top three times to proceed to the next stage. 

Virtual Console
RYGAR
Publisher: Tecmo, Players: 1-2, ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Mild Fantasy Violence, Price: 600 Wii Points
The year is 19XX A.D. and the human race has been brought to its knees by the resurrected ancient Beast Lord. The people have brought legendary warrior Rygar back to life in order to save the human race. Armed with Diskarmor, a weapon that extends, you'll also make full use of your jumping abilities to venture through and clear all 27 stages. Appearing at arcades in 1986 as a side-scrolling action game, RYGAR received high acclaim for its beautifully rendered graphics, including waterfalls and a setting sun. As extra features, players can collect the five Powers of Indra to obtain special bonuses or gain 1,000,000 bonus points for finding hidden items. Also, the number of lives and the level of difficulty can be altered. 

Clay

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 01:29:04 PM »

Doesn't Tropico 3 come out on the PC this week?  If so, I'm getting that.

xbox live: nude rick james
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 02:01:10 PM »

I know a poster on here or OO programs those Littlest Pet Shop games. Man, he's been hard at work!

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 02:15:22 PM »

Broderlands and Smackdown vs Raw going on the goozex request list. It really takes the excitement out of new releases.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2009, 02:33:53 PM »

Quote from: Clay on October 19, 2009, 01:29:04 PM

Doesn't Tropico 3 come out on the PC this week?

Yes, it does.  Some early impressions have suggested that it's basically the original game with a sharp graphical upgrade, and Troy Goodfellow blogged his impressions last week:

Quote from: Troy Goodfellow
I’m reviewing Tropico 3 for Crispy Gamer, but I thought I’d blog some early impressions.

1) It’s a good looking game – not very flashy and even a little blocky at times. But the colors and animations fit the cartoon Cold War they have on display.

2) The reliance on the almanac/ledger for basic information about your island is too old school for this day and age. Why not have something on the map that shows me how different factions respond to me? The church could fly a national flag if they religious people love me, for example. Or maybe a discreet little menu in the lower right corner with symbols of high, low and medium support or strength.

3) This is especially a problem for the superpower relations. I played one game and was warned that the US was ready to invade and overthrow me. But within a couple of minutes my American relations were at 60%. No idea why or when they changed.

4) I love the radio announcer guy, even if he does get repetitive. Plus, hearing El Presidente’s speeches broadcast to the island population is a nice touch.

5) A lot of my warm feelings so far seem to be inspired by nostalgia. It remains to be seen whether the warm feelings continue.

-Autistic Angel
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2009, 02:51:21 PM »

Nothing for me this week, though I did technically just buy a DSi and Scribblenauts.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
KC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 03:15:12 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 19, 2009, 11:43:20 AM

Nothing for me...holding off for Torchlight next week.

Ditto
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2009, 03:15:36 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 19, 2009, 12:58:04 PM

Virtual Console
RYGAR
Publisher: Tecmo, Players: 1-2, ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Mild Fantasy Violence, Price: 600 Wii Points
The year is 19XX A.D. and the human race has been brought to its knees by the resurrected ancient Beast Lord. The people have brought legendary warrior Rygar back to life in order to save the human race. Armed with Diskarmor, a weapon that extends, you'll also make full use of your jumping abilities to venture through and clear all 27 stages. Appearing at arcades in 1986 as a side-scrolling action game, RYGAR received high acclaim for its beautifully rendered graphics, including waterfalls and a setting sun. As extra features, players can collect the five Powers of Indra to obtain special bonuses or gain 1,000,000 bonus points for finding hidden items. Also, the number of lives and the level of difficulty can be altered. 

Just in case any classic game fans are considering this, this is the arcade version and not the NES one. I've been warned by the classic gaming gurus at work that the arcade version was brutally difficult, even on the easiest setting. If you really want some Rygar gaming goodness you're better off waiting for the NES game, which is supposed to eventually make it to VC.

Borderlands is a possibility, pending reviews, and I'll be dowloading Lost Winds 2 just as soon as I finish the 1st one. slywink
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 03:22:08 PM »

Want Borderlands very badly, but no gaming budget this week and frankly I just don't have time to play games lately (other than portables), which sucks because a lot of good games are about to come out.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 04:17:31 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on October 19, 2009, 03:15:36 PM

Virtual Console
RYGAR

Just in case any classic game fans are considering this, this is the arcade version and not the NES one. I've been warned by the classic gaming gurus at work that the arcade version was brutally difficult, even on the easiest setting. If you really want some Rygar gaming goodness you're better off waiting for the NES game, which is supposed to eventually make it to VC.

Borderlands is a possibility, pending reviews, and I'll be dowloading Lost Winds 2 just as soon as I finish the 1st one. slywink
Uhhh, the NES was brutally difficult at times as well. Don't let this guy fool you people!  smile

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 04:24:26 PM »

i have borderlands on my gamefly queue.  with any luck, i'll get a chance to play it by the weekend.

still no sign of my games from tru, or i'd be loading up brutal legend.

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 05:35:27 PM »

Forza 3 is out this week isn't it?

23/10 in Europe.

Defintely getting.

LoL 27/10 in USA, ooh this is a first for a AAA title.

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2009, 05:37:46 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on October 19, 2009, 05:35:27 PM

Forza 3 is out this week isn't it?

23/10 in Europe.

Defintely getting.

LoL 27/10 in USA, ooh this is a first for a AAA title.

I think that's happened with something else this year, but I can't remember what.  The problem for me is that it means that both Borderlands and Forza are within a day or so of each other.  Boo!

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2009, 05:41:50 PM »

Yeah Borderlands is out on Friday over here as well.

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 05:43:43 PM »

FIFA 10.  Don't know too much about what's new except that it will be the first EA Sports game that uses their new online site to upload your face to be used in-game (EA Game Face).

Borderlands maybe.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 05:47:20 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on October 19, 2009, 04:17:31 PM

Quote from: kronovan on October 19, 2009, 03:15:36 PM

Virtual Console
RYGAR

Uhhh, the NES was brutally difficult at times as well. Don't let this guy fool you people!  smile

Lol... I was actually going by what I was told by my classic-gaming coworkers, since  I've never played either smile They're definitely far more skilled at 8 & 16 bit classics than I am, so I'm not surprised that the NES version is brutally difficulty too. slywink From what they've told me - the arcade version was more difficult because it didn't have overhead levels and in all of the side-scrolling levels you're frequently swarmed from all directions. But it sounds like both versions are well beyond my skill level.  icon_redface
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 06:05:47 PM »

Elven Ranger: Legacy
Mytran Wars
Way of the Samurai 3
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 06:18:50 PM »

And the XBLA stuff:

Panzer General: Allied Assault

Panzer General is back with an all-new turn-based strategy game in Panzer General: Allied Assault! For the first time on Xbox LIVE® Arcade, recreate actual battles during the last phase of World War II and experience the dramatic events of D-Day as they unfold in your hands. Build, customize, and fight with your personalized deck of 60 cards. Play with a friend in multiplayer mode, gain access to special units and cards, and become a Panzer General.

Tower Bloxx Deluxe

Get the full version and discover all 6 massive game modes of this addictive smash-hit! The action-puzzle phenomenon is played by millions on the web, but Xbox Live players get the full HD experience with revolutionary social scoring, avatar support, power ups, and even multiplayer. Get ready for edge of your seat action that'll have you creating swaying, tipping and tumbling towers sky-high. This game requires the Xbox 360 hard drive or the 512MB Memory Unit for storage.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 11:52:00 PM »

Borderlands for the 360.

Please don't suck; I asked the gaming gods for OFDR not to suck and was disappointed. Can't happen twice, can it?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 01:25:03 AM by jztemple2 » Logged

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2009, 12:06:33 AM »

Borderlands (360)

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 12:20:28 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on October 19, 2009, 06:18:50 PM

And the XBLA stuff:

Panzer General: Allied Assault
Tower Bloxx Deluxe

I'll probably be IN for both of these, too.

pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 02:36:07 AM »

Panzer General Allied Assault  I'll check out the demo already have Borderlands in my Gamefly Q.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2009, 03:00:19 AM »

I am STUNNED so many are passing on Borderlands......Anyway, I'm getting Borderlands for the 360, as well as Panzer General.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2009, 03:08:11 AM »

I will eventually get Borderlands and probably Magna Carta 2, but with Dragon Age and MW2 coming out soon I just won't have time.

Demon's Souls will absorb my time until then. Umbassa!

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2009, 03:28:12 AM »

Quote from: jblank on October 20, 2009, 03:00:19 AM

I am STUNNED so many are passing on Borderlands......Anyway, I'm getting Borderlands for the 360, as well as Panzer General.

We're waiting for the better version on the PC next week. biggrin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: