http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 09:57:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you buying this week? (06/06)  (Read 715 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: June 06, 2011, 12:29:21 PM »

Welcome to the brand new and awesome Gaming Trend! If you haven't been to the front page yet, please do so, as it looks awesome.

Also, welcome to the fun that is E3 week! With many companies all vying for your preview time, as well as an entirely new console being announced from Nintendo, not to mention Sony's NGP, it'll be a fun one for sure.

However, I know you're here for the release list, so let's get down to it. Sorry for it being late - I didn't expect the server to be running until this morning.

PS3:
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters
inFamous 2
Kevin Van Dam Fishing
Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Red Faction: Armageddon

PSP:

360:
Homefront: Fire Sale (XBLA)

Wii:

DS:
Duke Nukem: Critical Mass
GO Series: Picdun (DSiWare)

3DS:
Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion
3D Classics: Excitebike (3DSWare) (Free)

PC:

What are you buying this week?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 05:48:51 PM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 12:49:32 PM »

Nothing unless publishers announce some good price drops at E3.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 12:52:15 PM »

In for infamous 2, got rfa in the rental queue.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 12:59:02 PM »

Today's the big day for 3DS owners (though it hasn't happened yet): Transfer your DSi games, get the internet, the eShop opens & FREE 3D EXCITEBIKE!

Spoiler for Nintendo Weekly Download:
Nintendo DSiWare
GO Series Picdun
 Publisher: Gamebridge
 Players: 1
 ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes
 Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
PICture DUNgeon is a unique action RPG. As you explore the dungeon, every step you take will fill in the blanks of a hidden picture. Use your head to solve puzzles that unveil hidden passages, and use your pedometer to help find every step that will reveal the hidden images. Attack and counter with your sword and shield, charging up attacks to unleash killer blows. Upgrade your weapons and equipment and fight through hordes of creatures as you go deeper into the dungeon. Each of the 60 floors has a picture to unlock, each one more detailed than the last. Picdun will keep you playing for a very long time.
Dreamwalker
 Publisher: Code Mystics Inc.
 Players: 1
 ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
 Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
Meet Walker. Walker is wandering the land of dreams, following his sleepy path among the clouds and stars. Guide him peacefully through Dreamland to Sunrise without him waking up. But be careful: Walker faces many challenges to a good night’s sleep. Alarm Clocks, Early Birds and Night Mares thwart your efforts. Dreamwalker is an action-puzzler in which you control the maze, shepherding Walker safely to his goal while counting sheep and avoiding sleep-disturbing hazards. Collect Reward Stars for clever solutions that complete the puzzle in minimal time or actions. Enjoy 40 levels of evolving challenges that introduce fresh puzzle features such as disappearing rainclouds, disorienting spinners and teleporters. Dreamwalker offers hours of game play, two bonus games and a rich soundtrack. Appealing to casual and core gamers alike, it’s fun for all ages.
Crazy Cheebo: Puzzle Party
 Publisher: Cypronia
 Players: 1-2
 ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief
 Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
Crazy Cheebo: Puzzle Party is a drag-and-drop-style matching game that casual gamers will enjoy. The objective is to switch two objects to make a horizontal or vertical set of three or more objects of the same color. Players can win various awards by matching more objects and creating combos. The game contains colorful graphics, a Crazy Cheebo character and lots of humorous videos. You can have even more fun when you compete against your friends in multiplayer games.

WiiWare
Ubongo
 Publisher: Korner Entertainment
 Players: 1-4
 ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Mild Language
 Price: 800 Wii Points
What’s Ubongo? Its mechanics are very simple. Just solve as many puzzles as you can and get gems of the same color. At the end of the established time, the player who has the most gems of any one color will be the winner. Modes include History Mode, Quick Game, Time Attack and Multiplayer Mode. The original board game is a blockbuster in many countries.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 12:59:59 PM »

i was going to buy Duke Nukem this Friday,but i think i will wait awhile

i did however buy Divinity II DKS yesterday and i am really impressed with it

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 01:03:36 PM »

I'd love to buy Vagrant Story for PSP, but since Sony is still fubar'd (I apparently have to reset my password, but can't access their site to do so because it's "under maintenance"), so I guess nothing.

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 06, 2011, 12:59:59 PM

I played enjoyed Divinity II earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 01:06:02 PM »

Destructor, you seem to be missing a 3DS game from the list: Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion

I'm on the fence for that one, though I doubt I'll pick it up anytime soon.

I will be getting Red Faction and InFamous TwO (assuming my PS3 can survive long enough to play it).

Also for sure Excitebike 3D and Picdun looks cool.  I have a feeling I'll get some other DSiWare games that I missed, too.

And whatever "Surprise, it releases tomorrow" things happen at E3.

Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 01:12:05 PM »

Nothing.  I will get InFamous 2 later.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 01:15:38 PM »

I need to play through inFamous before I get 2, unless I get sent a review copy.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 01:35:11 PM »

Probably Infamous 2

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 03:02:52 PM »

I got inFamOuS 2 and Red Faction Armageddon paid for already, so I guess I'll be getting them.  chance are they'll be my last day one game purchases for the summer.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 03:04:33 PM »

Quote from: Purge on June 06, 2011, 01:15:38 PM

I need to play through inFamous before I get 2, unless I get sent a review copy.

I got the review copy  icon_twisted

And you should definitely play through 1. the ending is nifty.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 03:17:06 PM »

inFamous 2

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 03:58:12 PM »

I'm waiting on reviews and impressions for OFP Red River. The review I read in PC Gamer was very favorable and it sounded like an improvement over Dragon Rising, but I want to see what some of the gaming websites have to say. If I get it it'll be the PC version so I can co-op play with my son and friends.

Quote from: Gratch on June 06, 2011, 01:03:36 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 06, 2011, 12:59:59 PM

I played enjoyed Divinity II earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Conincidentally, I've been looking at that game for the past month -came oh so close to buying it- and I'm thinking of picking up the 360 version this week. My concern about it is that I really didn't enjoy Divine Divinity PC and I already have a Fallout 3 GOTY and Witcher Enhanced game going.  icon_confused  Is Divinity II DKS anything like Divine Divinity, or are they completely different games?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 04:01:32 PM by kronovan » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 04:07:58 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on June 06, 2011, 03:58:12 PM

Is Divinity II DKS anything like Divine Divinity, or are they completely different games?

not in looks they are totally different,if that is what you mean(D2 is third person while DD is top down dungeon crawler by the looks of screenshots) but it is the same studio and part of the series(Divine Divinity,Beyond Divinity and Divinity 2)

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 05:49:02 PM »

Conincidentally, I've been looking at that game for the past month -came oh so close to buying it- and I'm thinking of picking up the 360 version this week.

Do not get the 360 version...the port is a complete and utter mess.  If you can't play it on PC, I honestly wouldn't bother with it at all.  And be sure to get the Dragon Knight Saga version, as opposed to the vanilla, as there's a world of difference.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 05:56:41 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 06, 2011, 05:49:02 PM

Conincidentally, I've been looking at that game for the past month -came oh so close to buying it- and I'm thinking of picking up the 360 version this week.

Do not get the 360 version...the port is a complete and utter mess.  If you can't play it on PC, I honestly wouldn't bother with it at all.  And be sure to get the Dragon Knight Saga version, as opposed to the vanilla, as there's a world of difference.
Yep, the PC DKS version is good...and comes with a lot of tweaks and improvements.  I've been enjoying playing on and off for the past month.  It's a cool story and character premise.  I like how the world reacts appropriately to your...change.       
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 06:22:07 PM »

No no, they fixed it with the Dragon Knight Saga version on 360.  It's much, much better now.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 06:25:39 PM »

I'll probably get Infamous 2 with the BB reward certificate burning a hole in my pocket.  Debating on Red Faction, maybe on PC since I like to copy whatever CK does.  It's not typically my type of game but Ron's review made me want it anyway.  Must fight the forum effect!
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 06:33:06 PM »

Nothing for me this week.  I had wanted Red Faction but the change in direction was too far from what I liked about the previous games so I'll wait for a price drop.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 06:46:43 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 06, 2011, 06:22:07 PM

No no, they fixed it with the Dragon Knight Saga version on 360.  It's much, much better now.

FWIW, the PC version of DKS is rated about 10 points higher than the 360 version (and about 20 points higher than the vanilla 360 version).  Not that Metacritic is the ultimate judge of quality, but those rankings are pretty consistent with what I experienced between the two platforms and versions.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 06:49:04 PM »

i can't say for the original version of Divinity 2,but DKS looks pretty great on the 360,and the main map(although takes a little longer to load than other places)is massive,not come across any bugs yet,i have just under 10 hrs on the clock

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 06:56:57 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 06, 2011, 06:49:04 PM

i can't say for the original version of Divinity 2,but DKS looks pretty great on the 360,and the main map(although takes a little longer to load than other places)is massive,not come across any bugs yet,i have just under 10 hrs on the clock

Yup, I've read that they really fixed things in the 360 version and that its more than decent looking. My gaming rig easily has enough power to run the PC version, so I might go with it. The thing is though, its not a game that I'd plan on hanging on to, so I'll likely still go with 360 version so that I can trade it later.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 07:26:25 PM »

I loved Infamous, but I'm trying to be frugal with my gaming budget...let's see how long that lasts when I'm confronted by Infamous 2 at the store this week.   icon_cry

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 07:42:11 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 06, 2011, 06:46:43 PM

FWIW, the PC version of DKS is rated about 10 points higher than the 360 version (and about 20 points higher than the vanilla 360 version).  Not that Metacritic is the ultimate judge of quality, but those rankings are pretty consistent with what I experienced between the two platforms and versions.

Yeah, okay, but the point is it's not a complete and utter mess any more that requires dire warnings to stay away from it.  I'm sure the PC version can be made to look better and may have modding, etc, etc, but if you prefer playing from the couch, the 360 version is no slouch (there I even rhymed it for more impact).

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 01:29:40 AM »

inFamous 2...really liked the first, and this one looks awesome icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 01:31:00 AM »

Red Faction...been looking forward to it for awhile.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 04:28:26 PM »

Nothing here.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: