http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 01:45:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you buying this week? (04/07)  (Read 404 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2014, 03:57:59 AM »

So, this week we get to see how well EA did with Titanfall without all that fancy next-gen capability (running in 30fps, I hear) and if Kinect Sports is better with Kinect 2.0.  Next Gen also gets a package deal of popular PC Macross-like shooter.  And we get the nth version of Lego fill-in-the-blanks.  So, what's on your list this week?

PS4
Daylight Delayed to April 29th, Thx Bullwinkle
Strike Suit Zero Director's Cut
LEGO The Hobbit

XB1
LEGO The Hobbit
Strike Suit Zero Director's Cut
Kinect Sports Rivals

WiiU
LEGO The Hobbit

Titanfall
LEGO The Hobbit

PS3
LEGO The Hobbit

Vita
LEGO The Hobbit

3DS
LEGO The Hobbit

PC
Daylight Delayed to April 29th, Thx Bullwinkle
LEGO The Hobbit
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 04:13:38 PM by Caine » Logged

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 04:44:51 AM »

Not much going on this week, it appears. Nothing really stands out, so I don't think I'll buy any of those. At least not yet.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 08:36:53 AM »

Warlock 2 : The Exiled is also out on PC this week.

Day One - nothing
Someday - Warlock 2, LEGO The Hobbit

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 12:17:23 PM »

I'm getting the Hobbit for PS4 and I may be picking up the Xbone today.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »

nada

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 01:09:25 PM »

Daylight was actually delayed until April 29th.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 01:19:53 PM »

Daylight was a potential for me, depending on reviews. But since it's been delayed, nothing this week.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 01:42:33 PM »

I can't believe Kinect Sports Rivals is selling for full price.  I'd really love to have a Kinect showcase game to demonstrate to friends & family, but unless the reviews are just bananas off the charts fantastic, there's no way I'm paying $60 for that.  They should be treating this like a delayed pack-in game.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 03:08:06 PM »

Hobbit maybe and Daylight PS4 if the reviews are decent.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 04:09:13 PM »

Lego Hobbit for PS4

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 04:36:21 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on April 07, 2014, 08:36:53 AM

Warlock 2 : The Exiled is also out on PC this week.

Boy, Warlock 2 has a tough row to hoe following the release of Age of Wonders III.  I fall squarely in their target demographic and I feel like my 4X fantasy strategy needs have already been covered for a long time to come.

To give you an idea, I've now been on the giving and the receiving end of the Plague of Bandits spell that establishes an enchanted Thieves Guild in a city.  Don't let the "Tier 1" descriptor fool you: waves of Scoundrels with poisoned blades can annihilate an unprepared garrison and leave you wide open to enemy conquest.  I'm still on the second campaign map, and I've already faced some really tight battles against an AI that knows how to probe for weaknesses.

-Autistic Angel

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 04:47:51 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on April 07, 2014, 01:42:33 PM

I can't believe Kinect Sports Rivals is selling for full price.  I'd really love to have a Kinect showcase game to demonstrate to friends & family, but unless the reviews are just bananas off the charts fantastic, there's no way I'm paying $60 for that.  They should be treating this like a delayed pack-in game.
you may want to wait for a sale.  Polygon gave it a 6, citing an annoying story and characters, long loading times and worst of all, control issues

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 06:16:41 PM »

I'm playing with the beta patch so the AI is less Disjunct-happy already, but to be honest, it wasn't really bothering me before.  I mean, any time the AI has a strategic spell running that gives them a benefit or disrupts my empire in any way, you can bet I prioritize Disjuncting it as soon as I can.

No on the ethnic cleansing, though.  I like playing a Good campaign, so my current empire is an amalgamation of Draconian, Orc, and Goblin cities which have been liberated from the other leaders.  I think I even converted a Human city last night.  They all like different environments too, so I've used the Terraforming spells to make Goblin lands really wet and marshy, the Draconians live in the desert, and so on.

It's good to keep everyone as happy as possible since the Orc Warlord has some sort of Drums of the Apocalypse spell he uses to herald a major invasion.  It basically craters morale, so anything I can do to offset its effects makes my cities easier to defend.

-Autistic Angel
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 09:06:29 AM »

Disney Magical World, their take on an Animal Crossing-style game, is also out this Friday for 3DS.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: