http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 04:53:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Achievement or Trophy are you most 'Proud' of getting this year?  (Read 1490 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2010, 07:37:56 PM »

Mine would be Top of the Scrap Heap for getting a combined 100 levels in Transformers: War For Cybertron. 

Great game, super fun to play, but this one took a lot of 'work'.  Even with frequent double xp weekends, reaching level 25 in each of the four classes took a good while to achieve.

So that would be my best one for the year.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 08:05:09 PM »

I guess that'd be my Uncharted 2 Platinum trophy.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 08:07:15 PM »

hmm,i think this year it goes to Bioshock 2

Choose the Impossible - 50g
Achieve Rank 40.

at the time,before DLC or updates came out,it was the top level for the multiplayer of Bioshock 2,and the end footage was pretty cool and made it out that the online games were the Civil War of Rapture that happened just hours before the plane crashed in Bioshock 1

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 08:31:43 PM »

That one in that game where you had to do that thing to get it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 08:37:55 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 11, 2010, 08:31:43 PM

That one in that game where you had to do that thing to get it.

I thought I'd never get that thing, but when I finally did the thing to get it, it was so awesome.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 08:40:47 PM by spigot » Logged

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 09:01:51 PM »

The "Couldn't Name A Single Achievement I Got This Year Even If You Held A Gun To My Head" achievement is super rad.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 10:40:39 PM »

I am most proud of all the achievements I didn't get, even when I could have done something as simple as 'watch the credits' to get them.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 10:45:24 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 11, 2010, 10:40:39 PM

I am most proud of all the achievements I didn't get, even when I could have done something as simple as 'watch the credits' to get them.

icon_lol

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
joeyjazz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 04:01:55 PM »

I got a trophy in GT5 for flipping a car over.  I didn't know this was the kind of game that would reward me for being bad at it.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 04:02:38 PM »

Quote from: joeyjazz on December 13, 2010, 04:01:55 PM

I got a trophy in GT5 for flipping a car over.  I didn't know this was the kind of game that would reward me for being bad at it.

that sounds like one of those shame trophies.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 04:32:33 PM »

I'm just glad that I finally hit 10k GS.  But CoD tends to put a massive break on my GS accrual, as there's rarely any GS to be devoted to the 60-100 hours of MP that I put in each winter.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 04:42:36 PM »

The achievement that probably required the most skill was finishing Black Ops on Veteran. It was often rage inducing, so I might feel stupid for having done it, rather than proud.

The achievement I am likely most ashamed of is the one for kissing 50 women in The Saboteur. The concept is that you can escape a low alert by finding a woman to kiss on the street, hiding from pursuers. Thing is, there's like 3 women like this across the whole of France, and at such a low alert level, you can escape just by running far enough away. So in order to get the achievement you have to go near one of the women, rile up some nearby Germans and then run and kiss the woman. And then repeat 49 times. Worst form of achievement whoring (pun intended?). I would say that Pandemic deserved to be shut down because of that achievement, but I really liked the game.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 04:51:37 PM »

Lets see.... Completionist in Magic the Gathering? No - I just played a lot of simple games against the computer with my 9 cards in the starting hand to his 5. Was pretty time consuming but wasn't even challenging when I was whoring it.

Maybe a borderlands achievement? Nothing in that game was really all that hard to get though.

I guess Plants vs Zombies - survive 40 levels on endless.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 05:00:52 PM »

It isn't a single achievement, but my "proudest" gaming accomplishment was earning every achievement for Assassin's Creed II.  100% complete.  The only other game I've managed to do that with was King Kong, only because you earned all achievements simply by playing and completing the game.  It was the very first game I ever played on my 360. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 05:11:23 PM »

Little Big Planet Platinum trophy.

I have 100% in it, including all the DLC., that is 70 trophies in total. And I still pop it in from time to time and play the crazy user created levels. What a great game.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 07:50:49 PM »

This is an interesting question.  There are many Achievements I've enjoyed getting and others I'm happy to have because they were sort of a grind, but precious few I could say I'm "proud" of.  It seems like a high bar.  Something earned through skill and intent, but that relatively few people have.

My proudest Achievement *ever* is probably 7-Day Survivor in the original Dead Rising.  It requires a lot of planning, patience, and rationing of very limited resources, and it can only be accomplished in one continuous run because no saves are allowed.  I lived for over 11-days which, at the time, would have made me #25 on the worldwide leaderboards.

I don't have anything in 2010 to compare to that, but if I were to pick from among the ones I got:

Proudest Single Achievement - Super Stars in Lego Rock Band, for accumulating a total of 1,000 Stars in the campaign mode.  I played the whole thing in Hard mode and improved my drumming skills a great deal along the way, so I'm more proud about the way I earned it than in the Achievement itself.

Proudest Gaming Accomplishment - Earning 100% completion on every possible task in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.  You can earn all the 360 Achievements long before getting 100% Sync in every mission or gold medals in every VR Training exercise, but the game was so well done that I wanted to do it all.

Quote from: PeteRock on December 13, 2010, 05:00:52 PM

It isn't a single achievement, but my "proudest" gaming accomplishment was earning every achievement for Assassin's Creed II.  100% complete.

I think you should be quite proud of the "No-Hitter" Achievement for beating ten enemies in a single battle without taking a hit.  That would have been a trivial task in the first Assassin's Creed or Brotherhood because of changes in their combat systems, but its no mean feat against the unpredictable and resilient guards in AC2.  I was never able to do it. icon_redface

-Autistic Angel
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 08:06:42 PM »

I've got a very low Gamerscore, but I've been proud to complete at least one table's achievements in Pinball FX2 - I've been working on some of the others, but haven't succeeded yet.  I just learned about the TrueAchievements site and you can see how badly I've been doing here: http://www.trueachievements.com/Cragmyre.htm - oh, and if anyone else uses it, feel free to friend me smile

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 08:12:50 PM »

I really don't pay enough attention to them to know one from the other.  However, I can say the one I was least proud of getting was the CoD:BlOps one you get for playing 1 line of the original text-based Zork game.  That was pretty lame. Roll Eyes
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 08:44:45 PM »

Platinum Artist in Rock Band 2 is the one I'm most proud of.  To get it you have to finish the endless setlist in 1 sitting (84) songs.  We would have gotten the "Bladder of Steel," which requires making it through without failing, except the batteries died in my wife's microphone midway through Guerrilla Radio, about 50 songs in.  We were too far in to start over, and too close to the end to give up.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 05:56:48 AM »

My proudest would definitely be completing the Endless Setlist 2 on solo hard drums in Rock Band 2.
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 08:43:40 AM »

Over last weekend, I unlocked "Flawless Strategy: Beat the game on the Deity difficulty level" for Civ V.  Probably the only time I will ever beat a Civ game at the Deity level (on Civ IV I'm usually a King/Emperor level player -- King to usually win, Emperor for a challenge with a good but not great shot at winning).  Given the not very impressive AI on Civ V, I figured this was my best chance to beat Civ at the "hardest" level, and with the smarter AI patch coming out soon, I had to make my move now.  So I played a bunch of games on the Archipelago map (which I figured was probably the AI's weakest map) at the Duel level (mostly to keep my attempts fast, but also I think it's probably easiest against only a single opponent).  Managed to win as Babylon against America on my second attempt for the weekend.  No fighting at all.  America was generally ahead across the board on techs, but I managed to beeline to Globalization and won a diplomatic victory.

Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 02:05:09 PM »

I do however have ~ 15 songs left to five star in RB3 to get the five star all songs on expert achievement. If/when I manage to get that, I will be very proud indeed.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 02:17:11 PM »

Quote from: DragonFyre on December 14, 2010, 02:05:09 PM

I do however have ~ 15 songs left to five star in RB3 to get the five star all songs on expert achievement. If/when I manage to get that, I will be very proud indeed.

I'm pretty sure Llama is going to prevent me from ever getting that one.

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 02:31:58 PM »

Probably my very first one on my shiny new PS3.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 03:35:24 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on December 13, 2010, 08:44:45 PM

We would have gotten the "Bladder of Steel," which requires making it through without failing, except the batteries died in my wife's microphone midway through Guerrilla Radio, about 50 songs in.  We were too far in to start over, and too close to the end to give up.

Oh, I *hate* it when things like that happen!  Aren't 360 games supposed to automatically pause when one of the controllers disconnects?  Does that not apply to wireless mics?

As a side note, your wife can sing 84 songs in a row? icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek

Quote from: Eel Snave on December 14, 2010, 02:31:58 PM

...which was...?

Grrr, now the suspense is killing me!  banned

-Autistic Angel
WalkingFumble

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 04:05:02 PM »

Halo Reach - Complete Legendary Campaign Alone

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Complete Hardcore Difficulty (alone)

XBL: I3L00DFUMBLE  -  132,578     |     PSN: WalkingFumble     |     Nintendo Revolution:  1440 9434 2198 4442
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 05:34:38 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on December 14, 2010, 03:35:24 PM

Oh, I *hate* it when things like that happen!  Aren't 360 games supposed to automatically pause when one of the controllers disconnects?  Does that not apply to wireless mics?

It's been a while, but think there is something about that achievement that detects if you hit the guide button or disconnect a controller.  Devious bastards at Harmonix.  icon_twisted

As a side note, your wife can sing 84 songs in a row? icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek

She has actually done it twice.  Once solo and once in a band with me on guitar.  I tried to get her to play through with me on drums but she wouldn't do it.

Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 11:25:08 PM »

I guess I'll go with Departure from Alan Wake (for finishing the game on Normal). It's the only game I finished this year (though most of my gaming was in Rock Band).

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 12:22:49 AM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on December 14, 2010, 02:31:58 PM

...which was...?

Grrr, now the suspense is killing me!  banned

-Autistic Angel

I don't really know. Something from LittleBigPlanet, probably. I didn't pay too much attention, sadly.
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 04:46:55 AM »

The one I just got five minutes ago:

Burnout Paradise - Criterion Elite License!  (completed 100% of all races, road rages, marked man, burning routes, stunt runs, smashes, jumps, billboards & road rules)

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 04:47:58 AM »

Quote from: Tscott on December 15, 2010, 04:46:55 AM

Burnout Paradise - Criterion Elite License!  (completed 100% of all races, road rages, marked man, burning routes, stunt runs, smashes, jumps, billboards & road rules)

Wow, impressive!

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 05:17:11 AM »

Platinum trophy for Batman: Arkham Asylum. Some of those combat challenges were seriously difficult to get 3 bats on.

Not sure if my Uncharted platinum was this year, but that would be up there as well.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2010, 06:22:36 AM »

It wasn't this year, but hitting 1000 points on Batman: Arkham Asylum would be mine. Completing those fight challenges was a beast, but getting a 70+ no-hit combo going had me screaming "I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!" at the top of my lungs which was hilarious. I love that game something fierce.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 06:24:59 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on December 15, 2010, 04:47:58 AM

Quote from: Tscott on December 15, 2010, 04:46:55 AM

Wow, impressive!

Thanks.  It's the only racing game I've ever come close to finishing (and beyond).  I think the city setting had something to do with it- I like being able to just drive around and explore without needing to be in race mode all the time.

BTW, I took a screen shot of my majestic achievement if anyone cares:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 03:36:28 AM »

Top Stuff Tscott!! thumbsup

gotta say this but me and Myto just got the complete set for Borderlands,1750/1750...i think the achievement i am most proud of in the game is :

Vincible 50
Kill Crawmerax the Invincible

what a bastard,after dying 5 times in a row i was ready to throw in the towel,but Myto said lets try one more time and this time round,he got stuck on a rock,and his buddies were dead so they didn't bother us,so without any of us moving a muscle we used sniper rifles on him for ages until he was dead...there is a glitch as well,which totally didn't work for us,but works wonders for those who make the Youtube,the damn thing doesn't even spit at them!!!

we also just did the loooooooooong Moxxi Arenas tonight to finish off the game..takes about 3-4hrs for each arena

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 04:35:24 AM »

Quote from: WalkingFumble on December 14, 2010, 04:05:02 PM

Halo Reach - Complete Legendary Campaign Alone

this.  i had pretty much assumed i would not be able to do it, like the blasted cod veteran ones, but halo reach is a much better game at legendary than cod is at veteran and therefore not prone to cheap tactics and endless respawns.

Glycerine

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 10:28:20 AM »

Have Gun Will Travel in Red Dead Redemption.  This was before they implemented the no-PvP Free Roam, so I had to constantly watch for the idiots that shoot at any player they see.  Getting one gang hideout done isn't too hard, but doing every hideout in one free roam session?  Not as easy as you would think.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: