http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 08:54:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your GOAT of the Year so far? (PC edition)  (Read 5923 times)
morlac
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2004, 05:40:56 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
Everquest 2.  Utter shit.  If you didn't hate Everquest the first time, try EQ2!  You're bound to despise it.

Doom 3 is also god-awful, but that goes without mentioning.

Did something happen that made you change your mind so drastically about EQ2?  

"I'm selling my copy of EQ2. With exams and a harder college schedule coming up, I don't have time for it anymore. It's not a bad game, but it's not without its share of MMO growing pains."

You said that in the I hate EQ2 thread.  It went from not a bad game to Utter shit?

edit:  Uh nevermind.  I see in that same post I quoted from that you were trying to sell your copy of EQ2.  You must have sold it and are free to express your true feelings about it smile

morlac00 on PSN
JRC1978
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2004, 05:43:18 PM »

My votes:

Everquest 2: because it if the first MMO I have played that feels linear.  What happened to exploring?

World of Warcraft:  Way too easy.  It is not a challenge.  The main reason it is getting a vote for me though is the community in the game, and the  seemingly "Go away and leave me alone, I don't care" attitude from CS and the Devs.

Singles: Flirt Up Your Life: WTF was that shit? /puke

Sacred: I don't understand the love for this game.  I hated it.  It was a clunky piece of garbage.
Shifter
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2004, 06:51:42 PM »

I didn't buy too many games I disliked this year.  If I have to choose one it would be Doom3.  Not a bad game just a HUGE dissapointment.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2004, 07:00:49 PM »

Quote from: "Glycerine"
Half-Life 2

Between the bullshit Steam authentication, the sub-par level design, and the "more of the same" feel, it was a HUGE letdown for me.  Nowhere near as good as the first and it didn't even come close to living up to the hype.  It couldn't even hold my interest long enough to finish it.  At least I finished Doom3...  I had high hopes for this one and it fell flat on it's face.  I still don't see why it's getting all these rave reviews.

Glycerine

Also...it's up for trade in the other forum if anyone is interested.  smile

You can't trade it as our foum policy doesn't allow priceless fine art transactions. slywink  On a slightly more serious note I think the whole Steam thing (which I now like very much) prevents you from trading it.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2004, 07:08:19 PM »

Quote from: "Jancelot"

You can't trade it as our foum policy doesn't allow priceless fine art transactions. slywink  On a slightly more serious note I think the whole Steam thing (which I now like very much) prevents you from trading it.

I think that's why he was saying he'd just trade the login as well. I would think that as long as you have the login, you're good to go.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2004, 07:32:39 PM »

Quote from: "morlac"
Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
Everquest 2.  Utter shit.  If you didn't hate Everquest the first time, try EQ2!  You're bound to despise it.

Doom 3 is also god-awful, but that goes without mentioning.

Did something happen that made you change your mind so drastically about EQ2?  

"I'm selling my copy of EQ2. With exams and a harder college schedule coming up, I don't have time for it anymore. It's not a bad game, but it's not without its share of MMO growing pains."

You said that in the I hate EQ2 thread.  It went from not a bad game to Utter shit?

edit:  Uh nevermind.  I see in that same post I quoted from that you were trying to sell your copy of EQ2.  You must have sold it and are free to express your true feelings about it smile

I've yet to sell EQ2.  Check the trading forums -- they're flooded with people attempting to rid themselves of the game.  I get to eat this $50 blunder.

I wasn't too pissed off with EQ2 when I decided to quit, but in the process of looking back on the game and attempting to sell it in vain, I grew pretty pissed off at it.

I'd rank Everquest 2 alongside Horizons in terms of MMO quality.  Yes, it's that bad.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2004, 08:26:38 PM »

Doom3 for the PC, Halo 2 for the console.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2004, 02:49:42 AM »

Quote from: "bluefugue"
In the opinion of a lot of people, mandatory online registration for single player games sets a pretty crappy precedent.  And to those who had technical hurdles with Steam the first few days, well, "launch issues" affected people's estimation of games like WW2 Online, Anarchy Online, and so forth.  Now "launch issues" can affect SP games too.  Whee!

Word!

Doom 3 - pretty graphics that you never get to see

[banging head against wall]
NO NO NO!!!
All it takes in one tiny gamma setting adjustment in the .cfg file!
[/ends with a sigh]

:wink:

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2004, 04:10:50 AM »

Doom 3 would be my selection for the reasons stated above. HL-2 4-EVA!!!!

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
sig20paramedic
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2004, 12:53:17 PM »

Haven't played a game this year I haven't liked but I haven't played Doom 3 yet  :wink: .
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2004, 12:54:05 PM »

Beyond Divinity without a doubt. What a total and utter waste of money. I very rarely feel cheated when I buy a game, but this was the biggest gaming disappointment I ever had, in every way imaginable.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2004, 02:12:53 PM »

Quote from: "JayG"
Beyond Divinity without a doubt. What a total and utter waste of money. I very rarely feel cheated when I buy a game, but this was the biggest gaming disappointment I ever had, in every way imaginable.

Ooh, that's a good one.  Surprised that hasn't come up more.  I stayed away myself after reading the comments and reviews but its certainly a major disappointment following the greatness that was DD.
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2004, 04:36:34 PM »

Doom 3 - pretty graphics that you never get to see

[banging head against wall]
NO NO NO!!!
All it takes in one tiny gamma setting adjustment in the .cfg file!
[/ends with a sigh]

:wink:[/quote]

I know your pain man.  i cant for the life of me figure out what it is about Doom3 that instantly made people retarted and unable to tweek thier settings.

AttA
Napoleon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2004, 05:02:20 PM »

Doom 3, beyond any doubt. I actively hated that game, whereas usually I'm just disinterested in bad games.

Sure, it looks awesome (and I did the gamma adjustment thing) but the incredibly cheap scare tactics used by the devs, and the fact that quite often enemies will spawn in rooms you've already cleared seriously pissed me off. Also, from the four or five hours I played it: where did the old Doom gameplay go?

I think Doom 3 is a HORRIBLE game. Good engine though, that's for sure.

FarCry I kind of liked, but more for it's drop-dead-gorgeous scenery than for it's story or gameplay.

HELLO!
mori
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2004, 12:26:24 AM »

Rome: Total War.  What was great about the series they dumbed down.  What needed fixing they made minor tweaks but the problems didn't go away.
solarisgax
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2004, 02:57:14 AM »

My vote goes to MoH: Pacific Assault...
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2004, 04:25:06 PM »

Quote from: "mori"
Rome: Total War.  What was great about the series they dumbed down.  What needed fixing they made minor tweaks but the problems didn't go away.

Boooo this man !!!! Tongue

AttA
Cota
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2004, 05:14:18 PM »

MOO3

-Cota
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2004, 01:45:08 PM »

DX: Invisible War.
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2004, 07:31:49 PM »

When did we end up in 2003?  :lol:

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2004, 03:25:30 PM »

Some games are so God-awful, Obnoxious, And Terrible that they transcend the limitations of their release date and begin discoloring other years as well.

I, too, must cast my vote for Master of Orion 3 as the worst, most disappointing game of 2004, and you can feel pretty secure about penciling it in for 2005, too.

-Autistic Angel
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2004, 08:19:28 PM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"
Some games are so God-awful, Obnoxious, And Terrible that they transcend the limitations of their release date and begin discoloring other years as well.

I, too, must cast my vote for Master of Orion 3 as the worst, most disappointing game of 2004, and you can feel pretty secure about penciling it in for 2005, too.

-Autistic Angel
I like your style.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: