http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 04:50:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your favorite X360 game?  (Read 2263 times)
jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2006, 03:04:56 PM »

As you know from the other thread, I finally purchased an Xbox 360. I ordered GRAW and Fight Night Round 3 but they won't arrive until early next week. I'm looking for a game to tide me over until then. I already own Oblivion for the PC, otherwise that would be my choice. I know close to absolutely nothing about any of the other games on the system, so again I am looking some recommendations.

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
Laner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 03:18:15 PM »

Burnout Revenge has been the biggest time sink for me (probably 30+ hours so far)... Hexic HD is right up there as well.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 03:25:36 PM »

i'd say Oblivion and Burnout:Revenge are my two tops...hard to say which i enjoy more because they're both so different.  Burnout is an absolute blast though.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
angrycoder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 03:25:38 PM »

even though the basic system is bouncy, juggly, combo spam - i've had the most fun playing DOA4 online.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 03:43:43 PM »

Geometry Wars, probably followed by Tomb Raider Legends.

CoD2 was also very good, and if you haven't played Burnout Revenge, that is a ton of fun too.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 03:52:27 PM »

Offline I'd say Oblivion, but online Battlefield 2 Modern Combat is definitely my favorite.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 04:13:10 PM »

I've been loving Battlefield 2 as well... I just picked up the pc version to play with my dad... and realized that it looks like comeplete and utter crap on my system compared to the 360.

Hoping that the teamplay with friends/family will make up for it.

Edit: GRAW... definitely very fun.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 04:51:08 PM »

PGR3

gellar
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 04:53:27 PM »

Picking a favorite is tough because it seems to be whatever game I'm currently playing -
Oblivion is probably my favorite SP/play til 3 am game
NBA 2K6 for sports - I get my franchise in the playoffs and I can rattle off 10 games in a row
Fight Night for some on-line boxing late at night

NFS: Most Wanted and COD2 are favorites when I'm playing them.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 05:07:43 PM »

Oblivion is definitely my favorite, but PGR3 is a very strong contender for my top spot.  biggrin

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 05:17:39 PM »

Oblivion, GeoWars, and GRAW get the nod from me.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 05:58:15 PM »

_....i suck at geometry wars.

but i like oblivion and graw. <3

oblivion is pretty, but graw is too much fun for words.

XBox Live Gamertag: M Moriarty

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PS2> ffxii (working on Yiazmat) (on indefinite hold)
<PSP> dead head
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 06:01:53 PM »

NFS: MW
CoD2
Geometry Wars
GRAW Multiplayer

I have Oblivion for the PC.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 06:26:27 PM »

Oblivion has gotten the most playing time.

Geometry Wars gets started up quite a bit, but my games are short since I tend to die quickly.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
depward

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 07:27:11 PM »

Originally purchased the system for GRAW but Burnout Revenge has to be my pick.  Granted, I really never played any other editions of the game (only watched my brother and roommate play them) so that might factor in my decision.  The Live implementation is fantastic (though, the ranking system is a bit borked) with keeping stats, revenge rivals, and so forth.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 07:42:42 PM »

GRAW MP is great.
PGR3 is great.
Geometry Wars is great.

But I have to disagree with all the votes for Burnout, I loved the demo on Live, but don't care much for the game itself.

LiveTAG: happydog
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 07:43:09 PM »

call of duty 2....definetly great,4 new maps came out last week,and 5 more get released in a month or two

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 07:50:57 PM »

Burnout Revenge.

TheMissingLink on PSN
jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 07:53:11 PM »

Thanks for all the input so far.  I think I'm going to pick up PGR3 for something to play until GRAW and Fight Night Rnd 3 arrive.  I was really close to getting NFS:W instead of PGR3 but everyone here seems to like PGR3 and it was $15 cheaper.  I didn't own an Xbox before so I haven't played the previous PGR games so it'll be all new to me.  I can't wait to gete home from work and go racing!

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2006, 08:19:11 PM »

Most time played:  Oblivion
Runner Up:  BO Revenge

Least time played before return:  DOA4 (my own fault, I hate the DOA fighting system)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 08:23:37 PM »

Dynasty Warriors 5 : Empires - single player
GRAW - live

A nod to Oblivion and Amped 3.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 08:44:33 PM »

A tie between GRAW and PGR3.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
phormio
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 09:58:11 PM »

I've spent so much more time with Oblivion than anything else that it's not even worth mentioning anything else I've tried.

"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them." --Mitch Hedberg
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006, 10:45:19 PM »

Oblivion, hands down.

In my opinion this game deserves "Best of all Time" as well as "Game of the Year"

I am 120 hours in and still have the Fighters Guild and main quest line to do, and I am still not bored.

On a side note I would like to take a moment of silence for my horse, Shadowmere, who regretfully died in battle. He layed the smack down on some Ogres and Minotaurs before he went.

The sad part is that he didn't die during battle. He died after the battle when he rolled off a cliff. Stupid mountainess terrain!  :lol:

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006, 11:09:39 PM »

Quote from: "DamageInc"
On a side note I would like to take a moment of silence for my horse, Shadowmere, who regretfully died in battle. He layed the smack down on some Ogres and Minotaurs before he went.

The sad part is that he didn't die during battle. He died after the battle when he rolled off a cliff. Stupid mountainess terrain!  :lol:

your Shadowmere actually died?  i've run mine down the mountains from the wizard's tower a few times...it's too steep and the horse takes a lot of falling damage.  eventually, he actually "dies" while i'm riding, my character jumps off, and Shadowmere's lifeless body rolls to the bottom of the mountain...but he always gets back up if i give him a little time.  from my experience, Shadowmere is essentially unkillable...he gets knocked out, but wakes back up like the game's plot-essential characters.  is this not the case for everyone?

*Gamertag - disarm78*
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2006, 05:31:27 AM »

WHAT!!???

i was under the impression that  that horse was invincible....i sometimes just leave him to it when orcs and that come along and attack him(us)

damn

think i'll go look for that unicorn

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2006, 08:24:28 AM »

Tomb Raider: Legends for me. I didn't enjoy Oblivion as much as I thought I would, Kameo was fun but not necessarily my ideal type of game, X-men 360 is pretty cool, but overall experience I gotta hand to TR.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2006, 12:56:56 PM »

Hmm, that's a tough one:

-Tomb Raider: Legends is probably my favorite game on the system but I really don't consider it a 360 game.  Indeed, I think the original Xbox version is the preferred version.  

-I loved Oblivion but, as with all things Elder Scrolls not named Redguard, I burned out pretty hard on it and have no desire to ever touch it again.  

- So my vote probably goes to Need for Speed: Most Wanted.  An absolute blast in every facet from presentation to the racing itself.  Unlike Oblivion, it left me with that warm and fuzzy feeling that ensures that it will continue to be played on occassion.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2006, 01:11:07 PM »

I'll have to go with Burnout Revenge.
If I could find a code to keep the heat level for NFS at 3 it would be really hard to top it, though. Once it hit 4, though, it became more work than fun and it was either put my fist through the monitor or quit.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2006, 02:20:09 PM »

Geometry Wars... Even though I can't break my high score of 725,000.. frown

I want 1 million!!
DamageInc

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2006, 03:50:58 PM »

Quote from: "disarm"

your Shadowmere actually died?  i've run mine down the mountains from the wizard's tower a few times...it's too steep and the horse takes a lot of falling damage.  eventually, he actually "dies" while i'm riding, my character jumps off, and Shadowmere's lifeless body rolls to the bottom of the mountain...but he always gets back up if i give him a little time.  from my experience, Shadowmere is essentially unkillable...he gets knocked out, but wakes back up like the game's plot-essential characters.  is this not the case for everyone?

No horse is invincible. They have hit points 325 HP for Black and 400 HP for White. The Black horse does more damage than the White horse however.

All I know is he is not at the stables. I couldn't actually get to his body from where he fell. When you fast walk to a town your horse automatically gets sent to that towns stable, or in some cases goes with you to the POIs. No biggie, I just bought another one for 5K, but its still not Shadowmere.

disarm

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2006, 05:20:19 PM »

No horse is invincible. They have hit points 325 HP for Black and 400 HP for White. The Black horse does more damage than the White horse however.

All I know is he is not at the stables. I couldn't actually get to his body from where he fell. When you fast walk to a town your horse automatically gets sent to that towns stable, or in some cases goes with you to the POIs. No biggie, I just bought another one for 5K, but its still not Shadowmere.

i got curious about this and did a little bit of research on Shadowmere.  like i thought, she is essentially invincible...can get knocked out in battle but always wakes up again.  if you've lost her, she doesn't go back to a stable though...you have to retrieve her from Fort Farragut, the place where you met with Lucian Lachance and were given her the first time.  there are some reports that it takes her a while to get back there or that she occassionally doesn't show up at all, but that's where you should be able to find her again.  a few people mention losing her and then randomly finding it roaming the countryside a long time later.

i also came across a neat little trick with Shadowmere.  apparently you can knock her out, search the body while she's unconscious, and load it up with items.  when she wakes up, you can go to a different location, knock her out again, and take your items back...great way to transport items that are normally too heavy for you to carry Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
DamageInc

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2006, 09:16:44 PM »

I will try that and let you know.

Thanks for the information.

mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2006, 09:45:16 PM »

My favorite game based on me actually finishing a game on the 360 would be GRAW with Condemned nipping its arse.  Never finished the rest.  Lost interest.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
DamageInc

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2006, 09:53:55 PM »

i got curious about this and did a little bit of research on Shadowmere.  like i thought, she is essentially invincible...can get knocked out in battle but always wakes up again.  if you've lost her, she doesn't go back to a stable though...you have to retrieve her from Fort Farragut, the place where you met with Lucian Lachance and were given her the first time.  there are some reports that it takes her a while to get back there or that she occassionally doesn't show up at all, but that's where you should be able to find her again.  a few people mention losing her and then randomly finding it roaming the countryside a long time later.

i also came across a neat little trick with Shadowmere.  apparently you can knock her out, search the body while she's unconscious, and load it up with items.  when she wakes up, you can go to a different location, knock her out again, and take your items back...great way to transport items that are normally too heavy for you to carry Cool

You were correct Shadowmere is back!

I have lost two other horses so far to random maulings while I was in a cave/dungeon soI figured he died too.

Thanks again for the info!

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2006, 01:38:48 AM »

If Shadowmere runs off doesn't he show up back where you got him?  I haven't had that problem but read elsewhere that might be the case.  I noticed my old horse, the gimme from the first leg of the main quest, was back where I picked him up after I upgraded to Shadowmere.  I'm too cheap to buy a horse and honestly never use it.  I'm so scared the damned this would die I would just leave it in town and walk where I needed to go.  I wish you could just leave them in the stable.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: