http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 11:51:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's with all the stupid driving games in Half-Life2????  (Read 753 times)
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2006, 09:31:29 PM »

Is Half-Life2 a FPS or a driving game?

I *hate* all this driving game crap!  I'm thinking about stopping playing.  A little driving in a FPS is okay, but this is ridiculous!
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 10:12:04 PM »

You only have to drive the hovercraft thing.  I think you can actually walk during the buggy mission.  I didn't think the driving was that good but I managed to get through it.

It only comes along twice so tough it out.  Or maybe there is a cheat to skip them?

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 10:12:35 PM »

Heh, it did have a lot of driving in it.  I really enjoyed those segments, but I'm a fan of driving games, so yeah.  I can see your annoyance with it, though.

You shouldn't stop playing it - there are plenty of awesome parts that don't include driving in the game slywink

TheMissingLink on PSN
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 10:50:27 PM »

I liked driving the hovercraft thing, but I hate the buggy.  Oh well, the rest of the game is worth putting up with the driving parts.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 11:17:42 PM »

*Loved* the driving segments.  But, yeah, there are only two of them so it's not hard to get through.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 11:54:20 PM »

Don't give up on the entire game because of two short portions, its not like they are hard to get through...

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
warning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 02:53:52 AM »

Put me in the camp that loved the driving in HL2.  I got more tired of fighting the same combine soldiers again and again.  The driving was a nice break for me.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 03:23:32 AM »

Quote from: "warning"
Put me in the camp that loved the driving in HL2.  I got more tired of fighting the same combine soldiers again and again.  The driving was a nice break for me.

I agree because they were nice and challenging. The water canal sequence was a long one but it was fun and featured some of the best scripted sequences I've ever seen in a game. The buggy was "meh" but like the rest you can get through it. After its done is when the game really kicks into high-gear. smile

Power to the Revolution.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 06:48:20 AM »

A mountain out of a mole hill.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 03:33:30 PM »

You know what? I hate that adventure games (FPS adventures too) seem to think that people run or walk everywhere. There is a deadline, and you are trying to beat it. There is a real sense of urgency; walking the whole way seems silly to me.

Once you get used to it, those portions are enjoyable. The Buggy was a lot of fun. I only wish I could have ridden ant-lions too. biggrin Imagine having mode of transport that leaps 40-60 yards at a time. ninja

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 03:58:08 PM »

Hey that could be a cool idea for a mod. Use the physics system to make a bronco riding game except with ant lions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: