http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 04:01:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's up with the goofballs rapping on XBL?  (Read 1885 times)
jblank
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« on: December 06, 2006, 06:37:12 PM »

A couple of nights ago I played in 4 different online matches of various games on XBL, in 3 of those matches these morons, with absolutely no thoughts towards their rudeness, or whether kids were playing, start rapping (and not very well mind you) to what I guess is their favorite crap ass rap songs. If they did it for 15 seconds or something, no big deal, but when it goes on for the entirety of an UNO game, it gets old.......FAST. Of course, when myself, or someone else asked them to mute their mic, they got profane, copped that wonderful, typical hip-hop slacker attitude, and start the name calling and stuff. I had to mute a couple of these guys, 1 guy obliged the request of some other fella and muted his mic, but damn, you would think people would be just a little bit accomodating, especially if you asked nicely, but being a jackass on XBOX Live has become en vogue again.

It's to the point now where all I wanna do is play with people from here. All the insults, ego and bravado on XBL gets tiresome, especially when you are playing ranked games like GoW and CoD 3, two games where the "experts" play not to win, but to berate other gamers they feel aren't on their talent level. I have railed against this stuff before, but I think the "community" of XBL has hit rock bottom in terms of class.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 06:39:42 PM »

Quote from: jblank on December 06, 2006, 06:37:12 PM

A couple of nights ago I played in 4 different online matches of various games on XBL, in 3 of those matches these morons, with absolutely no thoughts towards their rudeness, or whether kids were playing, start rapping (and not very well mind you) to what I guess is their favorite crap ass rap songs. If they did it for 15 seconds or something, no big deal, but when it goes on for the entirety of an UNO game, it gets old.......FAST. Of course, when myself, or someone else asked them to mute their mic, they got profane, copped that wonderful, typical hip-hop slacker attitude, and start the name calling and stuff. I had to mute a couple of these guys, 1 guy obliged the request of some other fella and muted his mic, but damn, you would think people would be just a little bit accomodating, especially if you asked nicely, but being a jackass on XBOX Live has become en vogue again.

It's to the point now where all I wanna do is play with people from here. All the insults, ego and bravado on XBL gets tiresome, especially when you are playing ranked games like GoW and CoD 3, two games where the "experts" play not to win, but to berate other gamers they feel aren't on their talent level. I have railed against this stuff before, but I think the "community" of XBL has hit rock bottom in terms of class.

You just perfectly described why have absolutely zero interest in multiplayer games.  Nearly every one of my multiplayer experiences has turned out like this.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 06:47:13 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on December 06, 2006, 06:39:42 PM

You just perfectly described why have absolutely zero interest in multiplayer games.  Nearly every one of my multiplayer experiences has turned out like this.

Sad isn't it? The thing is, this is probably no more than 15-20% (the bad apples) we're talking about here, and maybe less than that depending on the game being played, but Microsoft won't do crap about them, even the idiots that spew racist, sexist, homophobic, or threatening comments. You can file complaint after complaint, but it serves no purpose.

God knows I am no angel, but if I am playing Uno, or any other game and I know kids are present, I don't curse, not even a "damn", but too many idiots (and thats what they are) are going overboard on the service and it really does start to lessen the enjoyment factor of a game when some poor kid, that is maybe not good at GoW or CoD 3, gets berated for not getting 15 kills or something. I always tell these people its a game, back off, they are trying, or I am trying, if they throw that crap at me, and then I remind them they didn't start out at the top when they got the game. 9 times out of 10, I just end up muting them though, or leaving.

Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 06:57:07 PM »

Did you use the Rep system within Live? The least you can do is put a knock against these kind of people and people will generally not play with folks with low to no Rep. The system is in place, folks just need to use it.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 07:01:56 PM »

Quote from: Tebunker on December 06, 2006, 06:57:07 PM

Did you use the Rep system within Live? The least you can do is put a knock against these kind of people and people will generally not play with folks with low to no Rep. The system is in place, folks just need to use it.

Oh I use it religiously, to both reward and punish, and I block these people constantly. The problem is, for ever 5 I block, there are 5 more taking their place, and unless Microsoft steps in, the service is unlikely to improve.

On a side note, the sheer volume of racist and homophobic insults on XBL is astounding.

JLu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 07:07:40 PM »

You can also mute people really quick and easily by going into 'friends' and the recent players tab.  I give idiots about 5 seconds of airtime before I shut them up on my headset.  Makes my gaming experiences better (though playing with friends, folks from here and from another board I'm on is the preferred multiplayer way).

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 07:12:37 PM »

It's a jungle out there.  I usually just mute them and then avoid them in the future.  If it is a sports game I also like to run up the score on them and make them quit.  Tongue

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 07:14:30 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on December 06, 2006, 07:12:37 PM

It's a jungle out there.  I usually just mute them and then avoid them in the future.  If it is a sports game I also like to run up the score on them and make them quit.  Tongue

FPS are the worst genre for this, but amazingly, I have been in UNO and Poker games where an African-American gamer gets called the "N" word and you can imagine the chaos that ensues after that.

Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 07:17:57 PM »

Thats why I try to stick with you guys from GT. ATB only raps 80s rap

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 07:19:31 PM »

I never ever listen to public chat.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 07:20:08 PM »

Unless I am playing with friends I don't usually bother with the headset in Uno, non-team based FPS's, and Poker.  If it is a team based FPS and I have an AHole on my team I usually switch teams.  I also try to host the game whenever possible so I can drop smacktards.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 07:25:12 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 07:20:26 PM »

I only multi with friends on XBL.  PC games are different since there are usually no mikes involved.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 07:30:23 PM »

Quote from: Louis Cypher on December 06, 2006, 07:17:57 PM

Thats why I try to stick with you guys from GT. ATB only raps 80s rap

If there was a "GamingTrend Response of the Day" you would have won smile  That was funny
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 07:44:49 PM »

+1

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 07:50:49 PM »

I like multiplayer, but I preferred it back in the day before there was voice chat... I own a headset, but I usually play with it either muted or completely disconnected.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 08:00:57 PM »

Jblank, this is just the nature of the general public. I learned this years back in Counter-Strike and it's contributed to my new way of life. Don't interact with others in public environments that have no moderation, humans are really not as advanced of a species as some of us perceive. The few of us that shine tend to hold the rest of the human race above the level of simple primate. Stick to playing with the people you know, or in private groups. It's the same reason I don't play basketball in public courts, it's just not with the aggravation.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
warning

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 08:04:45 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on December 06, 2006, 07:44:49 PM

+1

+.... wait I hate all this +1 crap.

How about... + the satisfaction of knowing someone as awesome as I am agrees with you?
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 02:14:35 AM »

If you own a 360 you are a rap superstar.
Of course you will be rapping to your favorite thrash while tea bagging your last kill...

Mute player.

Gonna eat your face
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 02:29:40 AM »

What's up with goofballs rapping while playing UNO?

Just Hiro will do.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 02:52:09 AM »

Quote from: warning on December 06, 2006, 08:04:45 PM

Quote from: whiteboyskim on December 06, 2006, 07:44:49 PM

+1

+.... wait I hate all this +1 crap.

How about... + the satisfaction of knowing someone as awesome as I am agrees with you?

A +1 would have sufficed, but now I feel extra cool!

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2006, 02:55:49 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on December 06, 2006, 08:00:57 PM

The few of us that shine tend to hold the rest of the human race above the level of simple primate.

Sooo many comments one could make.... icon_twisted
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2006, 03:01:07 AM »

Quote from: SuperHiro on December 07, 2006, 02:29:40 AM

They have to find some way to make it entertaining.

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2006, 03:55:48 AM »

This is why I enjoy visiting multiple message boards.  Between here, OO and QT3 I have a great list of people on my list.  I'm considering becoming active in one of the more 'mature' boards to gain a few more, but my list is pretty full as is.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2006, 04:12:34 AM »

Quote from: Jancelot on December 07, 2006, 03:55:48 AM

This is why I enjoy visiting multiple message boards.  Between here, OO and QT3 I have a great list of people on my list.  I'm considering becoming active in one of the more 'mature' boards to gain a few more, but my list is pretty full as is.

Yep.  I have 88 people on my list from here OO and QT3.  Good guys to play with. 

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Poomba
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2006, 02:13:38 PM »

Uno - rapping? Come on guys, my granny does it all the time sitting around the Canasta table, why not Uno..

Seriously though, do you NEED to have the headset and mic to play multi on XBL? The only fun I've EVER had playing multiplayer was Age of Empires against my brother years ago.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2006, 02:44:29 PM »

Quote from: SuperHiro on December 07, 2006, 02:29:40 AM

UNO is street.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2006, 03:34:41 PM »

Quote from: Poomba on December 07, 2006, 02:13:38 PM

Seriously though, do you NEED to have the headset and mic to play multi on XBL?

It probably depends on the game.  Gear of War and Rainbow Six Vegas are kinda hard in MP without being able to communicate with your teammates.  Of course it would be nice if it worked like it was supposed to.... Penny Arcade just did a hilarious comic on it.  I'd link to it but I'm felling lazy  icon_neutral

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 03:42:56 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 07, 2006, 03:34:41 PM

It probably depends on the game.  Gear of War and Rainbow Six Vegas are kinda hard in MP without being able to communicate with your teammates.  Of course it would be nice if it worked like it was supposed to.... Penny Arcade just did a hilarious comic on it.  I'd link to it but I'm felling lazy  icon_neutral

Obviously since you couldn't be bothered to check that last sentence. :slywink:

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 04:10:20 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on December 07, 2006, 03:42:56 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 07, 2006, 03:34:41 PM

Obviously since you couldn't be bothered to check that last sentence. :slywink:

Hey, I was up late last night.  Nothing like booting up your PC and getting an instant BSoD with the 'unmountable boot drive' error repeatedly at 2am in the morning.  CHKDSK /R FTW!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: