http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 09:42:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the truly scariest pc gaming experience you've had?  (Read 3521 times)
Interloper
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2004, 04:11:25 AM »

Heh.. well Doom3 scared me more than anything I've played.  Not jumpy scary, but the atmosphere and sound just sucked me in.  I was on the edge of my seat that whole game.   For some reason SS2 didn't get to me as much.   :shock:

RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2004, 05:06:19 AM »

Original Doom.  It was my first foray into FPS and my friends and I would get together and take turns playing.  It was new enough to all of us that we would physically duck or jerk back in the chair to avoid something.  There was just something about walking into an empty room and hearing a roar or moans and knowthat at some point you where going to be in it deep.

Thief.  Very different experience and I could sit in the dark without moving and have my heart pounding.  Most of the levels had some aspect but the first part of the Prison  with the mines and zombies really spooked me.  T3: Cradle was pretty scary as well.  I still wish they would have matched the models and behaviors of the puppets to each of the inmates.  That would have been disturbing.  

SS2: Of course.  It was cool to kill a zombie, get a journal off the body and realize you had just killed that person.
Roguetad
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2004, 05:37:03 AM »

System Shock 2 made my brain and nervous system beg for mercy.  I'd call the game brilliant at what it was designed to do, but it was that game that made me realize I like to watch horror movies, not be in them.  Just thinking about the game and the freaky ass sound effects makes my skin crawl.  

Vampire: Bloodlines has done a good job of freaking me out.  I actually had to stop twice during the 9th circle plaguebearer HQ mission to clean the sweat off the top of my mouse.  Here I was thinking I was supposed to be the scary vampire, not on the edge of my seat, heart racing and seconds away from involuntary pants soiling.  Thankfully there are plenty of opportunities for reprieve, as the scary and creepy missions are limited and not a persistent part of the game like in SS2.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: