http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 06:19:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the latest rumor fodder on XB 360 releases?  (Read 1066 times)
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2005, 06:44:42 PM »

Someone I know got a 360 game for a C-Mas present - but has no 360! Now he's interested in when he might be able to get one.  There are a few places saying that March might be the next release date...

Anyone heard anything else?

Thanks!   Cool

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 07:06:50 PM »

According to a friend of mine that manages one of the local Gamestop's, by the end of January they should really start hitting store shelves in force.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 07:37:34 PM »

I oveheard the same thing in a Best Buy yesterday as well.

Not sure how accurate it is, but apparently this Best Buy employee told the people he was talking to that Microsoft's latest excuse for the shortage is that they didn't anticipate this sort of demand for the system.   :shock:  :roll:

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 08:00:09 PM »

Hey myto!! How you been doing? Did you ever get your 360 that you had preordered? Sorry for the slight derail smile
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 08:19:04 PM »

HEY, CALVIN - welcome back!

Yeah, I got my 360 - where the heck you been, bud?  Answer here:

http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10254

Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 08:28:15 PM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
HEY, CALVIN - welcome back!

Yeah, I got my 360 - where the heck you been, bud?  Answer here:

http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10254

Tongue

Oh hey, I will make a thread later today just as a "Calvin update" for you guys that care smile What games are you playing on 360 myto? I dont have much yet, but we should hook up for some multiplayer sometime soon biggrin
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 12:56:42 AM »

Hehe, I'm in that situation.  I have 2 XBOX 360 games, plus a couple XBOX games that I can't play since I don't have a system yet... My birthday is right near christmas so I got a lot of stuff.  I'm #13 on the list at my local ebgames, and it sounds like it'll be about 3 weeks or so for me.  Unless I manage to find one elsewhere first... I was going to camp out for the second best buy release, but I got there at 11:15 pm and there were already 53 people waiting... and that best buy was only getting like 45 systems!
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 05:49:23 AM »

I don't think anyone knows any more than before about what is going to happen but if demand drops off now that we're after Christmas I think they will probably be easier to find.  However, I don't think that will translate into EB/GameStop suddenly having all their pre-orders filled; it's more likely that you'll be able to get one at Best Buy or Target or wherever before one of those places in the next month or so.

Here's an oddity:  My store got a small shipment of 360's this week and I realized that all the systems since launch have shipped in boxes with the street date plastered on them.  I thought that was odd since supposedly MS sold everything they had at launch so why would they have boxes with the street date on them still around?  I looked at the systems and most of them had born on dates of mid-December but a few showed dates as early as mid-October.  I don't get how a unit made 2.5 months ago would only now be showing up in retailers unless there is either something odd going on or perhaps they re-worked some of the stock originally meant for Europe or Japan.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 05:57:27 AM »

Quote from: "Sarkus"
Here's an oddity:  My store got a small shipment of 360's this week and I realized that all the systems since launch have shipped in boxes with the street date plastered on them.  I thought that was odd since supposedly MS sold everything they had at launch so why would they have boxes with the street date on them still around?  I looked at the systems and most of them had born on dates of mid-December but a few showed dates as early as mid-October.  I don't get how a unit made 2.5 months ago would only now be showing up in retailers unless there is either something odd going on or perhaps they re-worked some of the stock originally meant for Europe or Japan.

i bought my 360 from BestBuy on 12/22 and the build date is 11/6/05...not sure where it was held up for a month...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
unbreakable
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 06:36:18 AM »

Wasnt there some rumor that Walmart was hording their 360s to conquer the marketplace after the new year?
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005, 07:20:17 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Wasnt there some rumor that Walmart was hording their 360s to conquer the marketplace after the new year?

Logically that wouldn't make any sense since they would have sold them either way.  Either before the hoard or after.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: