http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 01:43:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welp -- My Christmas tree is going to be empty this year  (Read 992 times)
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2005, 03:39:27 PM »

My wife is now officially pissed.     She might pull the 360 on me and I'll have to wait until spring.

I just called 2 Walmarts --  none to be had.

I called Circuit City -- none.

I called Best Buy -- was told that they are being informed that there will be no more shipments until 2006.

I got nervous at that point and called Ebgames to find out the skinny on my lonely preorder on page 2 of their list and was told that they just received word from Microsoft that there would not be sending out the bulk of their systems until after the first of the year.

=(
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 04:00:50 PM »

This is such BS man...

I just found a USA Today article from YESTERDAY that says a second shipment of 360's should be arriving on store shelves by end of week.

???

I wish they would just let us know what the crap is going on.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 04:06:04 PM »

Considering the normal holiday shipping confusion I doubt this is all that bad.

And if she really loves you she can get one off Ebay for just a bit more than retail. smile

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 04:07:32 PM »

Quote from: "farley2k"

And if she really loves you she can get one off Ebay for just a bit more than retail. smile

Yeah right.  

Yeah right about two things:    'a bit more than retail', followed immediately by 'get one off Ebay'.

That's not going to happen.  :p

She WOULD probably buy one for a little more...but not ebay prices.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 04:10:06 PM »

Dude, I feel your pain.

let it go... get a real doll instead.

All kidding aside, I told my wife to get me an HDTV for the game room so when I get my 360 in March, I will be able to enjoy it.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 05:23:45 PM »

There is actually a very simple answer to this.  Stores will give the worst case scenario because they know a) they are going to get a limited supply even when they do get shipments, and b) they are going to last all of about 5 minutes when they do arrive.  Based on that, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot with very little to gain if they told you what day the next shipment would be in.  You'd come in and find no 360, and you'd get mad at them.  Why would they do that?

Bottom line is, I bet if you are persistent, you can get one.  Continue checking here, as well as other well trafficed gaming sites and you will eventually come across a post saying where one can be found online, or something like that.  Also go into stores around lunchtime on Tuesdays/Thursdays (most likely shipment days) and you may luck across one.  Calling the store will do you absolutely NO good.

I mean hell, I was in the same boat as you (Gamestop preorder being pushed until 2006), but luckily I checked this forum last week and Hetz posted Walmart was taking orders.  I jumped, and yesterday, I had a Premium 360, with no bundle, waiting at my Apartment Manager's office for me.

gellar
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 06:07:49 PM »

Quote from: "msduncan"
Quote from: "farley2k"

Yeah right.  

Yeah right about two things:    'a bit more than retail', followed immediately by 'get one off Ebay'.

That's not going to happen.  :p

She WOULD probably buy one for a little more...but not ebay prices.

How about JC Pennys?

rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 07:35:34 PM »

Quote from: "gellar"
Calling the store will do you absolutely NO good.

SO TRUE.

On the phone, they'll want to get rid of you. In person, they'll try to help you.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 08:23:32 PM »

Quote from: "gellar"
Bottom line is, I bet if you are persistent, you can get one. Continue checking here, as well as other well trafficed gaming sites and you will eventually come across a post saying where one can be found online, or something like that.

Probably your best bet right there.  Just keep on eye open here, Cheap Ass Gamer, Gaming-Age, and the like and you're bound to stumble upon a thread with an online outlet offering a supply for a short time.  Much easier to canvas a few websites from the comforts of your home than trying to track one down in person.

And face it, even if you did find one in a store by calling, what are the odds it would still be there by the time you got there?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 08:26:47 PM »

Good luck man, but I think if you are persistent you will find one, just be very aware of whats going on and follow the rumors and see what you can find.
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 10:16:31 PM »

I'd like to officially apologize for buying into Microsoft's agile logistics hype.  As an old supply chain guy, I wanted to believe.  

I will say back when the PS2 launched, I couldn't find one.  We had a friendly Toys R Us in the neighborhood.  So each day before I left work I called to see if more had come in.   After about two weeks of trying, they said yeah, we just got a shipment in.  I headed over and got the second of ten units in the shipment.  My friend whom I called on the way there got number five.  It can work.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 11:51:50 PM »

Me personally, I'd say that instead of stressing out and killing yourself trying to find one, why not relax? You've got one on reserve, it will come. Why stress out about it? Will your life be negatively impacted if you don't get one by Christmas? Didn't think so. Be patient and good things will happen.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: