http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 08:16:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well crap...(RRoD)  (Read 587 times)
tiktokman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2009, 01:06:55 AM »

360 number two bit the dust tonight. Was using media center extender to watch Jeopardy from my PC and the screen froze with green and gray boxes all over the screen. Reboot and the beloved RRoD pops up. Power supply shows green so back to MS it goes. What really sucks is we use it more as a media extender than a game machine. I record all our shows on my PC and we stream to the 360 in the living room. Basically 2 -3 weeks without TV in the living room. Grrrrrr.....

Oddly enough I was already planning on ordering a PS3 this week. Guess I'd better get on that.
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 06:18:39 AM »

If you're streaming from your computer than a PS3 will do that perfectly fine.  And it won't break and plays Blurays to boot!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 11:23:01 AM »

Quote from: tiktokman on October 20, 2009, 01:06:55 AM

Basically 2 -3 weeks without TV in the living room. Grrrrrr.....

FWIW-i have had a e74 last year and it took 2 weeks to get back to me however,i had RRoD this year and it took a week if that to get back to me,they have either stopped getting so many RRoD/E74s or they have upped their game

however i am in the UK,and my 360 has/had to go back to Germany to be fixed replaced..so i was surprised when it took so little time

don't forget to take off your HDD before sending it back,and make sure no disc is in the tray

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Rubyeye
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 01:48:10 PM »

Time to move on that PS3!

omgz
tiktokman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 03:16:11 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on October 20, 2009, 06:18:39 AM

If you're streaming from your computer than a PS3 will do that perfectly fine.  And it won't break and plays Blurays to boot!

Unfortunately I'm not streaming media off my PC, I'm using Media Center on the 360 to connect to my PC's TV tuner. Basically My PC is my DVR and I control it with the 360. the PS3 understandably does not work as a Windows Media Center extender. *sigh*

I am ordering my PS3 today and will have it tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get the 360 back.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 01:54:00 PM »

360 number two just RROD while playing Assassins Creed 2 from the HD.  Power Supply is showing green..time to call MS Support for the coffin

Sigh..  If PS3 MP was more robust amongst my friends I would make the jump

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 02:27:53 PM »

My 3rd 360 RRoDed last week. Thankfully, I'm on the CostCo replacement plan. How long will my 4th 360 last?  paranoid
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 02:52:07 PM »

i'm still on my third one.  but i'm fully aware as a 360 owner that i'm living on borrowed time.  thankfully, i have the ps3 slim as backup.  i also seem to be playing more games on the ps3 lately anyway.  the 360 is there for streaming shows, mostly. 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 05:19:14 PM »

I think next year I'm getting an Arcade.  Lately I've been moving the 360 back and forth between the living room and my office because of the GF monopolizing the living room for thesis research, so it'd be nice to have one in each place.  Plus, I recently got to try a Jasper system, and damn, the power supply is half the size and the thing is damn quiet. 

Once Jan. 1 rolls around, I'm definitely grabbing another.  Plus, would be good for system linkin'.

Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 05:37:50 PM »

When my 360's wireless controller receiver stopped working a few months back, I knew it was time to get a PS3. Oh and yes it also had the Red Rings previously as well.

I opened my 360, replaced my RF board and sold it for $100 dollars. I put that towards some PS3 games and I've been happy ever since. I was scared I wouldn't have anyone to play online with, but after I got mine I must have set a trend at work and 3 co-workers went and picked up slims as well.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: