http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 11:43:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekly Playlist - Year End Holiday Loot Special Edition - 12/25  (Read 932 times)
Kagath
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2009, 05:29:19 PM »

Yeah it's Saturday but most were busy yesterday. This is for the week since lots of people with jobs are lucky enough to have the time between now and New Years off.

Don't really celebrate Axmas much anymore personally and received gaming items is nil so I am still working on my backlog. I do have some new items waiting for me though (DA: Origins 360 still sealed among other stuff) but finishing up the older before getting to those.

Fable 2 - 360 - (I think I could finish this up in a few hours but am taking time and enjoying it. Picking up some Achievements along the way too.)
CoD: MW2 - 360 - (Around level 58. Didn't play for a week or more leading up to the patch. Been playing gaming a little with a young kid from one of my jobs that recently got it and been having fun. Trying different kits combos mainly.)
Republic Commando - PC - (Need to get back to this again to be able to cross it off. Don't remember where I was now.)
Dracula X Chronicles - PSP - (Been playing this in the background a little but I think I will have to get rid of it as I don't seem to have the patience for it. Too frustrating at times for my tastes.)

So what are you playing?

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 05:40:56 PM »

Picked up Rock Band series for Christmas so I'll probably be jamming away with the family on that.

Later this week, back to MW:2. I could jump back into it this week if I go get a CAT5 cable long enough to reach the box, but I think the parents would appreciate me holding off on that while staying at their place.  Tongue

Lots of gift cards and cash for Christmas, need to figure out which games I want to get (if there are any out at the moment...) and then go from there!

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 05:50:35 PM »

Dragon Age on the PC and Saboteur on the 360 for me.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Malificent
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 06:17:22 PM »

Got Borderlands from the massive Steam holiday sale and I've been playing that.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 07:01:12 PM »

Picked up Trine and King's Bounty:  Armored Princess from the holiday sale.  Not feeling much love for Trine, but will probably spend a little time with KB today.  Will also be playing some Final Fantasy VIII on PSP and Geomancer on XBL Arcade.

My old tabletop gaming group has also decided to give the free version of Dungeons & Dragons Online a shot, and will be getting together on that tonight.  It's always a fairly volitile group, so taking everything online should be...interesting

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 07:11:05 PM »

I'd love to play some Trine with you, if your talking PS3.

I'll be plugging away at some MW2 online, God of War Collection and Uncharted 2.

Start a new job on Monday, so we will see how things come together!

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 07:28:55 PM »

Our cats gave my wife and I DJ Hero, but we're at my in-laws house, so we won't be able to play until the middle of next week.

xbox live: nude rick james
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 07:54:03 PM »

I didn't get anything gaming related this holiday, so I'm playing games I bought back In November. I finished Uncharted 2 on Christmas Eve, which I really liked, although not as much as the first game. After finishing that, I started playing Assassin's Creed 2 and have put in about 5 hours or so over the last few days. I didn't even get through the opening village of AC1, but so far AC2 has really impressed me. Really enjoying the game so far.

I picked up a used copy of Etrian Odyssey 2 a few days ago and will be playing either that or Fire Emblem (DS) when I'm not at home. 
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 07:57:43 PM »

Didn't get any games, but got some gift cards.

Purchased Football Manager 09 for PSP with my PSN card. Enjoying it so far.

Grabbing the new PotC level pack with some of my Amazon monies.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 11:50:18 PM »

Still making my way through Dragon Age on the PC.  I'll probably fire up a couple of the games I bought through the Steam deals and try them out.

Also, still playing Lux-Pain on the DS.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 03:32:45 PM »

I'll be playing a mix of MW2, FIFA 10, Batman:AA, and NHL 10.
DPW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 03:52:37 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on December 26, 2009, 05:29:19 PM

Dracula X Chronicles - PSP - (Been playing this in the background a little but I think I will have to get rid of it as I don't seem to have the patience for it. Too frustrating at times for my tastes.)

Play until you unlock Symphony of the Night! Then play Symphony of the Night!

I finished Batman:AA and am starting Star Ocean: The Last Hope.
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 04:19:27 PM »

Assassin's Creed and Borderlands. 

Ronin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 05:58:39 PM »

Trying to finish Modern Warfare 2
Dabbling in Forza 3
Fallout 3

Just downloaded Dragonage to the laptop for the trip up north.

Ronin
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 07:50:43 PM »

I'm in the middle of a sweet two week vacation, so I have some good playing time.

Bioshock (PS3) - I actually like this better on the PS3 than the PC.  I'm about 75% through on the PS3 and it is definitely one of my favorite shooter/action games ever.
King's Bounty The Legend (PC) - I got it for $12.50 from Gamer'sGate.  I'm a huge fan of the Heroes of Might and Magic series and I'm really enjoying this game.  Very addictive and colorful!
Out of the Park Baseball 10 (PC) - I picked this up a week ago on their sale.  I haven't played since the 2007 version.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 10:29:33 PM »

i'm playing the airport waiting game...trying to get back home on time...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 02:50:54 PM »

I can't stop playing Wizard 101. I don't know why.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 03:21:01 PM »

got in a bunch of Dragon Age as planned, no gaming on the 360 though, just watching of Netflix.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 03:34:05 PM »

About a week ago now I finished Dragon Age, and haven't been able to fill the vacant hole in my gaming heart since.

I finished playing through (uh) Prey... yesterday morning for the achievements. Finished a run I started back in Feb of 08 according to my achievements, which is the longest time I've ever taken between starting and going back to a game. Might fire it up again tonight to see if anyone is playing it multi-player since I wouldn't mind getting those achievements and they all look super easy. That game can be had for like $4 now, so if anyone wants to be an achievement whore with me let me know.

On christmas eve/boxing day, the wife and I were over at a friends house and we played through the first seven worlds of New Super Mario Bros Wii. What a fantastic game.

Used my gift cards at best buy to get Brutal Legend and CoD:MW2 yesterday. Going to play through singleplayer of MW2 before jumping into the multiplayer. Working today, but then I'm off for 6 days. Woo.

And I have about $30 in xbox live points to use to get new arcade games / rock band songs. Just need to figure out which ones I want (there's too damn many available)
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 04:15:36 PM »

Quote from: DragonFyre on December 28, 2009, 03:34:05 PM

On christmas eve/boxing day, the wife and I were over at a friends house and we played through the first seven worlds of New Super Mario Bros Wii. What a fantastic game.

Yeah, I've been through the first four worlds and this game is a blast.  A real surprise to me of how good it is.  Especially with friends.  There are a lot of secrets in the game.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 05:34:20 PM »

picked up saboteur last week when it was on sale and i am wading through the buckets of spilled nazi blood running down paris' streets.  it's sad that this was their last game as they finally hit the mix of action, stealth and open world atmosphere that they have been crafting since the first mercs game. 

other than that, i still plug away at loz: trainz, despite my growing annoyance with the train and flute playing aspects so i can call it finished (damnit, i don't want to practice the damn tune 50 times just to open up the next section of game world)

i've also got a number of new games from the downloadable pc sites sales blitz going on. 

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 06:34:48 PM »

Just grabbed Prey, Evil Genius, and Indigo Prophecy on the Steam sale.  Going to actually try and find some time to play them while I have a few days off this week.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: