http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 10:08:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Recap: New Console Madness Edition!  (Read 1374 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2006, 12:42:57 PM »

(unless you're me)

I completed the main 3 day story in Dead Rising and am on to the additional content.  I also got to play some co-op Smash TV with Purge.

Finally, I also got some time in with Battles of Prince of Persia on the DS. 

Not as much as I wanted, but a fulfilling gaming weekend after a nearly 3 week travel induced drought
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 01:00:02 PM »

Finished Gears of War on hardcore, tried insane and found out it cannot be done by an individual under any circumstances.  Maybe coop, but that is about it.

Played the Tony Hawk demo and was actually compelled by the slo mo trick creation thingie.  Might get that when it hits bargain bin as I can see that being a cool time waster. 

Tried Call of Duty 3 on the 360 and found I prefer my Duty games on the pc.  Just too much long distance precision aiming required and the mouse is much preferred.  So, holding off on that one til I build a new pc someday worthy of it and Crysis and others coming down the pike.  Mid next year maybe.

Downloaded a bunch of game trailers and killed time that way.  That was it.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 01:12:58 PM »

Finally beat Marvel Ultimate Alliance (360).  Played a little Final Fantasy III (DS) and I am loving this game.  Played my Wii almost all day Sunday until football took over, then went back to the Wii late last night for a little more.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 01:16:03 PM »

Played Children on Mana, Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, Tony Hawk Downhill Jam, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Rayman Raving Rabbids, and Wii Sports.  Oh, and Viva Pinata which kicked mucho ass.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 01:47:09 PM »

Very busy weekend so not much gaming time.  Got a few hours of Guitar Hero 2 in Friday night, no gaming at all on Saturday, and Sunday just an hour or two of Yoshi's Island DS when I had the chance. 
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 01:49:26 PM »

Played some Gears of War (wondering what the hype was for) and Dark Crusade on the PC.  I want to get back to Call of Duty 3, which is great so far after the first missions.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 02:15:17 PM »

10-12+ Hours of play in 1701 A.D., I managed to get 2 achievements in it, but most of the games were Lan/Multiplayer.   A buddy brought over Company of Heroes, which I already owned and sold, we played 2 Lan games on that for old times sake, it was entertaining.

My son and I worked another hour on our The Guild 2 game we've been playing for a week off and on.

Spellforce 2 was installed, but not played yet.  Thats about it, I ran out of time this weekend, and had less gaming time than I anticipated, largely because of tasks I needed to do around the home.  We've pushed "Railroads!" back to wait for yet another patch as the crashing issues, while less intense, are still present and they ruin a multiplayer game.   thumbsdown

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 02:51:05 PM »

A few hours in with FFXII, nothing else. I booted up the 360 to play a video from my PC... my wife was kinda impressed with that, especially since it was the episode of Gray's Anatomy that I missed/messed up recording in both time slots.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 03:04:11 PM »

Quote from: mikeg on November 20, 2006, 01:00:02 PM

Finished Gears of War on hardcore, tried insane and found out it cannot be done by an individual under any circumstances.  Maybe coop, but that is about it.

Played the Tony Hawk demo and was actually compelled by the slo mo trick creation thingie.  Might get that when it hits bargain bin as I can see that being a cool time waster. 

Tried Call of Duty 3 on the 360 and found I prefer my Duty games on the pc.  Just too much long distance precision aiming required and the mouse is much preferred.  So, holding off on that one til I build a new pc someday worthy of it and Crysis and others coming down the pike.  Mid next year maybe.

I beat Chapter 1 on Insane solo. I am not bragging, I am just pointing out that it can be done.  ninja2 I won't disagree that it is difficult, but it can be done. It requires using cover very heavily and saving your guys becomes slightly more important because you need their firepower and they at least act as another target for the enemy AI. Close to full Active reloads are basically required.

On my way to finally beating NFSMW as I only have #1 Razor to beat. The races are easy its getting that last bounty milestone that's a bitch. Ford GT FTW

I also started on a 4-man group of NWN 2 which was a great deal of fun.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 03:06:08 PM by DamageInc » Logged

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 03:19:41 PM »

Quote from: DamageInc on November 20, 2006, 03:04:11 PM

Quote from: mikeg on November 20, 2006, 01:00:02 PM

I beat Chapter 1 on Insane solo. I am not bragging, I am just pointing out that it can be done.  ninja2 I won't disagree that it is difficult, but it can be done. It requires using cover very heavily and saving your guys becomes slightly more important because you need their firepower and they at least act as another target for the enemy AI. Close to full Active reloads are basically required.

On my way to finally beating NFSMW as I only have #1 Razor to beat. The races are easy its getting that last bounty milestone that's a bitch. Ford GT FTW

I also started on a 4-man group of NWN 2 which was a great deal of fun.

NFSMW was a great game, despite the catchup AI. (In fact, when you beat the game you'll actually unlock the ability to turn that on an off)

I got a little Co-Op time with Eldon on Gears of War, played about 40 minutes of FFIII waiting for Bond to start, and beat 4 tracks of Guitar Hero II on Hard.  Little bit of everything really....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 03:23:44 PM »

Got a little further in Psi-Ops and a couple of hours of Fallout on the PC, since I am trying to finally play it through.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 03:26:53 PM »

GO BUCKS!!!!

err...ahem..<cough> sorry 'bout that  :slywink:

Anyways, played some Gears of War and Rainbow Six Vegas online (we had one hell of a GoW match going on Saturday night with Harkonis hosting.  Too bad my voice com wasn't working- it worked fine in the Vegas matches we played immediately after).   Calvin, you'll have to invite your buddy Sgt Alagar back again  Tongue

On the PC I ended up buying Gothic 1 and 3, which means I'll need to grab 2 at some point.  I started playing G3 but then found out they had the first one available as a downloadable purchase on Pirahna Bytes web store for 14 bucks so I grabbed it (caution: their severs can be very slow- I started out with a whopping speed of 15kbps but after a couple of hours it went up to 250kbps.  Also make sure to use a download manager that can resume downloads as I was 90% down without using one and the connection reset  icon_mad).  Having fun so far and the UI doesn't seem that bad.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 03:57:25 PM »

On DS I played some Kirby. Wife played some original SMB on XBMC emulator (Got me thinking that maybe she would be more accepting of a Wii purchase than another console or pc upgrade which usually gets an icon_rolleyes )

PC had a smorgasborg of gaming: JointOps, OFP, HL2, Far Cry, SWAT 4, Gothic 2, BF2 demo & BF2142 demo. Played an hour or so of each.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 06:57:12 PM »

As I was in Baton Rouge all day Saturday for the LSU-Ole' Miss game I didn't get anything in until Sunday. At which point I finished off Destroy All Humans! 2 which, if you haven't played it, is fantastic. Working on my review for it right this second actually. icon_smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 07:40:32 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on November 20, 2006, 06:57:12 PM

As I was in Baton Rouge all day Saturday for the LSU-Ole' Miss game I didn't get anything in until Sunday. At which point I finished off Destroy All Humans! 2 which, if you haven't played it, is fantastic. Working on my review for it right this second actually. icon_smile

If you're smart and were cheering for the Tigers (like I was) that must have been a tough game to sit through as a highly ranked LSU team almost loses to a crappy Ole Miss team.  If you're an Ole Miss fan, you get what you deserve.  Tongue

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
depward

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 07:59:30 PM »

Played some FFXII, FFIII, Guitar Hero & GoW.  AND looked for a Wii.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 08:02:57 PM »

hm really?  I read all the other reviews from the big sites for that and they all said it's fun, but didn't make it sound like it was as good as Mercenaries.  although granted that still might make it a pretty good game, since Mercenaries kicked serious ass
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 08:08:58 PM »

Finished the Gears of War SP, played a bit of MP (I suck), and a little THP8.  Spent the rest of the weekend working and throwing up due to bad pizza.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 09:00:42 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on November 20, 2006, 08:02:57 PM

hm really?  I read all the other reviews from the big sites for that and they all said it's fun, but didn't make it sound like it was as good as Mercenaries.  although granted that still might make it a pretty good game, since Mercenaries kicked serious ass

Since I bought it I decided to play through the entire game and complete every mission and collect every item before I reviewed it and having done so I found it to be a royally fun and hilarious game. I haven't read the other sites but any game that makes me laugh this hard for this long and with such consistancy deserves recognition.

Oh, and as both my parents went to LSU and Ole' Miss sucks of course I was rooting for the Tigers. You know, the team that absolutely laid down and didn't do a bloody thing until 18 seconds left in the fourth when they were 4th-and-goal. Roll Eyes

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 09:06:18 PM »

Finished Gears of War SP on Hardcore.

Played a bit of Splinter Cell DA.

Started playing Gears on Insane....need backup badly. retard
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 09:37:56 PM »

Looked for a Wii- didn't find one.  Played THPS8 and made some progress on scoring combo's but I still suck so hard, I can't even get C O M B O on the first of the classic tasks much less on the later ones that have some big gaps to try and get across.  Working on Gears of War SP on normal difficulty, just ran into another berserker and had to stop for a bit.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2006, 09:43:19 PM »

Finished SP on Gears of War and finished Chapter 28 in the GBA Fire Emblem.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 10:32:02 PM »

The unexpected return of my 360 prompted me to go out and buy GoW and THP8.  Alternated between those 2 most of the weekend, with a little CoH thrown in.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2006, 10:48:19 PM »

Played 20 mins of Gears of War
Played 10 mins of Red Steel
Played 30 mins of Zelda

God, was this a busy weekend. The first part of this week is even worse. I'm going to dinner with a friend tonight, and then I have to go over to my mother's for furniture moving. Then I have to get up on the roof and dissassemble my old satellite dish before the homeowner's association complains. I had a new dish installed yesterday and I didn't realize until this morning that the installers left the old dish up with cut cables lying everywhere.

At the rate I'm going, I won't get any time on the Wii until this weekend.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 12:36:38 AM »

360:  I played some of the GoW campaign coop with Doopri and a couple sessions of multi with a bunch of GT/OO'ers.

DS:  Another 5-6 missions of Advance Wars.

We had company over and they wanted to see some games.  GoW, Lego Star Wars, Viva Pinata and NHL were on display.  I don't count that as playing.

I didn't expect to get much play time in this weekend, so I was happy to get in what I did.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: