http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 12:30:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Recap: Knightshade is a Psycho Edition  (Read 1288 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2006, 02:32:28 PM »

I played nothing this weekend.  Not. one. thing.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »

Lots of time into FFXII as expected. I hope I remember how to play The Godfather once this and GHII get set aside.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 02:38:02 PM »

I played a lot of RE2 yesterday.  Didn't finish it yet, but I'm quite close to the end.  Solved some puzzles and beat some major bosses.  I would like to finish that and the (evil) campaign of BFME2 (PC, 2 more missions) this week.

I'm making chicken salad out of chicken shit and trying to use my 360-free time to whittle away at my backlog.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 02:38:51 PM »

Played a bit of Tiger Woods 07 online - it's a frustrating experience, but fun at times.  Day of Defeat was played as well and I had to brush up on my skills for GH2 with Guitar Hero.

TheMissingLink on PSN
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 02:56:06 PM »

Finished off another title from the backlog which made me feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy. Played a lot of LEGO Star Wars II with My Fair Lady who has demanded that I only play it her. Talk about a surreal moment when she said that. Also tried out Destroy All Humans 2 last night after spending all day finishing off the backyard project and I have to say that it's already a hell of a better game than the first one. More fun, more mini-games, and larger maps. Also, a lot of the control and menu problems I had with the first one have been changed around for the better. Tonight I'm going to fire up the main title I have to review this week as my free time this week is greatly limited on account of going out of town this coming weekend.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 03:24:44 PM »

Picked up Double Agent for the 360 on Saturday and that's all I really played.  Also had an encounter with the 3/4 Red Lights on Saturday night but everything seems to be running fine now.  I also fuinally got in the 'zone' on the Rainbow Six demo.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 03:25:31 PM »

Played FFXII, Loco Roco, Contact (and then finally got tired of it and traded it in), Guitar Hero, and Children of Mana.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 03:51:57 PM »

I played (and finished) the Sam & Max: Culture Shock episode and eagerly await the next one.  I also played quite a bit of Battlefield 2142, which despite some problems is as addicting as ever. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 03:53:30 PM »

Played about five or six hours of FFXII over the weekend. Just hit the 13-hour mark on my game save.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 04:01:35 PM »

Friday night I played a couple of hours of Neverwinter Nights 2 and an hour or two of Dark Messiah.  From Saturday morning through Sunday night it was just Final Fantasy XII which has it's hooks so far in me that I probably won't touch NWN2 again until I'm done (would like to finish up Dark Messiah in the near future though). 
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 04:07:43 PM »

*whew*  It was a very busy weekend, and it isn't over.

I finished up Tony Hawk Project 8 for the 360 and got the review complete.  It's waiting on edits for a Wednesday morning, 9:00am launch.
I finished up Tony Hawk Project 8 for the PS2 and will write the review today. It's waiting on edits for a Wednesday morning, 9:00am launch.
I finished up Tony Hawk Project 8 for the Xbox and will write the review today. It's waiting on edits for a Wednesday morning, 9:00am launch.
I finished up Guitar Hero II for the PS2 and got the review complete.  It's waiting on edits and will launch Tuesday morning.
I got in a few hours of multiplayer with Call of Duty 3 for the 360 to help with that section of my review.  I'll be putting in the time today to finish it up for a Wednesday morning launch.
I got the Xbox and PS2 versions of COD3 but haven't touched em.
I put in about an hour with Neverwinter Nights 2, but I'm nowhere NEAR ready to review that any time soon...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 04:32:43 PM »

Played a good amount of FFXII and FEAR.  Also did some BF2 rounds with Papasmurff.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 04:37:40 PM »

Finished Enchanted Arms finally... got a little play in on Fable, Over G Fighters, and Test Drive Unlimited.
Natjak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 05:11:45 PM »

Finally got to play FFXII over the weekend. Put about 5-6 hours into it. Put another 10-12 hours into Wow. Oh and I started Sam&Max Episode One. Very funny, can't wait to play more.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 05:18:59 PM »

Finished Psychonauts and started and finished kill.switch (it helps that it's only about a 6 hour game). Played the first 30 minutes of Psi-Ops. Played about 1 game of MLB '06 on the PSP and about 5 minutes of the Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters online beta.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 06:13:58 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 06, 2006, 05:18:59 PM

Played the first 30 minutes of Psi-Ops.

I enjoyed that one quite a bit. Neat physics.  Not a BRILLIANT game, but I'd buy and play a sequel if there ever is one.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 07:01:50 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on November 06, 2006, 04:07:43 PM

I finished up Tony Hawk Project 8 for the 360 and got the review complete.  It's waiting on edits for a Wednesday morning, 9:00am launch.
I finished up Tony Hawk Project 8 for the PS2 and will write the review today. It's waiting on edits for a Wednesday morning, 9:00am launch.
I finished up Tony Hawk Project 8 for the Xbox and will write the review today. It's waiting on edits for a Wednesday morning, 9:00am launch.
I finished up Guitar Hero II for the PS2 and got the review complete.  It's waiting on edits and will launch Tuesday morning.
I got in a few hours of multiplayer with Call of Duty 3 for the 360 to help with that section of my review.  I'll be putting in the time today to finish it up for a Wednesday morning launch.
I put in about an hour with Neverwinter Nights 2, but I'm nowhere NEAR ready to review that any time soon...

I'm sorry, but how did you manage to finish three versions of THP8 and Guitar Hero 2 over the span of one weekend?  Do you live near some sort of rift in the space-time continuum or have a time machine or something?

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 07:07:38 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 06, 2006, 06:13:58 PM

Quote from: Teggy on November 06, 2006, 05:18:59 PM

Played the first 30 minutes of Psi-Ops.

I enjoyed that one quite a bit. Neat physics.  Not a BRILLIANT game, but I'd buy and play a sequel if there ever is one.

It's pretty intriguing so far - I mean, you can pick up a guy with your mind, pump him full of lead and then throw him away.  What more do you need? smile  I do wish the use of cover was a little less clunky.  I'm kind of spoiled having just played kill.switch.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 07:42:32 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on November 06, 2006, 07:01:50 PM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on November 06, 2006, 04:07:43 PM

I'm sorry, but how did you manage to finish three versions of THP8 and Guitar Hero 2 over the span of one weekend?  Do you live near some sort of rift in the space-time continuum or have a time machine or something?

I've had various beta versions of Guitar Hero 2 for the last few months, and I've actually had THP8 for about a week now.  I didn't do it all in 3 days. smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 07:50:11 PM »

Mostly FFXII, with a little bit of NWN2.  I quickly realized there's no way I'll be able to play both of those at the same time, so I'm shelving NWN2 for now.

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 09:17:05 PM »

My girlfriend was using the television to watch chick flicks for most of Sunday, so I didn't get any FFXII time in .  mad  Is it wrong for me to try to get her to sleep so I can play FFXII??  Anyways, my efforts were unsuccessful to that effect.  I couldn't handle watching Sweet Home Alabama and Divine Sister blahbiddyboo back to back.

I went over to my PC and played some more of NWN2.  I think I'm going to wait for another patch or two before I play it again, so I went back to the original NWN and started the SoU campaign again with a barbarian.  Played that for a few hours.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 10:38:53 PM »

Played lots of BF2142 did'nt even get to SC DA.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 12:53:47 AM »

Crossed THP8 for the PS2 off the list - it is all done.  Xbox will be finished up in a few hours. 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 01:19:57 AM »

Let's see..

Some NHL '07.

A couple more bouts in Fight Night.

A little Lego Star Wars with my son.

And I'm about 8 hours in on Enchanted Arms.  I have a whole stable full of golems now, but I can't help feeling like the game is on rails and it nothing more than 'take 10 steps..fight..take 10 steps..fight'.  The random battles are really, really frequent.  I hope it tones down some.  Otherwise, I don't see myself getting anywhere near the end of this game before it wears out.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 04:21:55 AM »

The weekend started off on schedule, a couple games of Railroads and Stronghold Legends, some play on the Empire at War Expansion.

Then I made the HUGE mistake of buying THE GUILD 2 on Saturday.. My gawd, there goes the weekend, and along with it all hope of any other game getting any additional play..  Roughly 12 HOURS spent in The Guild 2 this weekend with no end in sight as the game SCREAMS for my attention.  GoTY material right there.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 05:01:10 AM »

Not nearly enough gaming at all. A bit of NWN2, about 5 hours of FF12, and a few random PC games. Not nearly enough...

And Kobra..DID you REALLY?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: