http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 01:12:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Recap- End of '06  (Read 1286 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2007, 03:37:45 PM »

ATB is falling down on the job-  must be his addiction to Gears of War  icon_twisted  Anyways, despite my best intentions, no console gaming for me this weekend  :icon_eek:  The only game I touched was Gothic 3 on the PC.  The rest of the weekend was divided up between 24 season 4 and clearing up my DVR backlog.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 03:41:19 PM »

I finished up the story in Saints Row and have 89% done for all activities and such.  I likely won't finish the Hitman activities, but the others I might.  What's funny is that even with that much finished I have less than half of the Achievement points you can get.  I suppose a bunch of them are multiplayer, though.  Bastards.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 03:41:36 PM »

How are ya liking Gothic 3?  I was tempted to pick it up, but there so many other things I want to play too Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 03:47:41 PM »

Quote from: ROTC1983 on January 02, 2007, 03:41:36 PM

How are ya liking Gothic 3?  I was tempted to pick it up, but there so many other things I want to play too Tongue

I got some impressions going here.  I'm having fun, but alot of fans of the series were disappointed.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 03:56:46 PM »

I passed the fifty hour mark in Zelda: Twilight Princess this weekend. I started and finished the sixth dungeon, and have just got to the entrance to the seventh dungeon. I also spent some time going through about half of the Cave of Ordeals and spent some time exploring all of the different nooks and crannies looking for heart pieces.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 03:58:57 PM »

Ungodly amounts of Zelda.  I'm now over 50 hours into the game, halfway through the 7th dungeon, and hopefully will finish it up before the weekend.  Utterly fantastic game. 
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 04:01:57 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 02, 2007, 03:58:57 PM

Ungodly amounts of Zelda.  I'm now over 50 hours into the game, halfway through the 7th dungeon, and hopefully will finish it up before the weekend.  Utterly fantastic game. 

I need to get back to the game...I purchased the shield and hawk eye and didn't save money for the bombs...so now I need to farm. Tongue

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 04:05:51 PM »

I got to about 21 hours on Okami. Also am about 50% through the (first?) castle in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.  I also played through the entire training section and the first 2 missions of Advance Wars.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 04:18:57 PM »

I'm about 35 hours into Tales of the Abyss, but I've reached the point where I'm uncertain if I'll finish. My interest level swings like a pendulum and that alone is frustrating. I'm enjoying the characters and storyline, but the NPC AI is often poor, the mapping system leaves alot to be desired, and the combat is somewhat tedious. I find myself clicking "auto-battle" about 75% of the time, and then I channel surf while combat takes place.

It has been a long time since I've had this type of bittersweet feeling about a game.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 04:27:35 PM »

Burned through Eragon to bring my total for completed games for 2006 up to 36. The odds of me hitting that high a number again are nil. I also spent a good amount of time with Bully. It's so much better than the GTA series because it benefits from focusing on a limited amount of characters in a restricted, though still large, environment. I love how the school and the surrounding town are nowhere near as insanely large as San Andreas was and the game is better off for it. Way hella fun game that I'm now 10 hours and change into.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 04:35:30 PM »

Hit the 21.5 hour mark in Zelda - just finished the third dungeon (wow is that boss battle sweet!).  Also played some WoW (level 10 woot!) and some various handheld games.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 04:38:00 PM »

Up to Act 4 in Marvel Ultimate Alliance.  Also installed The Guild 2 and played that for a few hours, but didn't really get into it.  Replayed the first mission again in Disciples 2.  There's something fun about that game, but I feel like I need to get the first mission right.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 04:54:46 PM »

I haven't played Advance Wars for years, but for some reason I dug it out and played through the tutorial again.  Fun.

On the PC: Civilization IV.

On the Dreamcast: Atelier Marie. Pretty much have the menus and items figured out.  Buying a DS Lite and dictionary as soon as I can scrape together the cash.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 05:41:31 PM »

Several hours of Devil May Cry, wow what a fantastic game.  Onimusha Warlords continuing my game, love it.  Of course a large dosage of Guitar Hero.

Nothing on PC for me, the kids played DOW+Expansion, and I think some 1701AD and Day of Defeat Source.

Like Ceekay, I spent a good portion of the weekend clearing backlogs on Tivo and Blockbuster Online pileups.  Notably, running through 2 DVDs of Battlestar Galactica Season 2.5.  1 more DVD and I can start clearing the Tivo backlog of episodes for it.  thumbsup

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 05:51:00 PM »

Finished up Story Mode in Rayman on Wii.  Played lots of DS: Yoshi's Island DS, Kirby Squeak Squad, and Elite Beat Agents.  Played Splinter Cell Double Agent on 360 as well as random XBLA titles.  Oh, also played Super Mario Bros., Super Castlevania IV, and Mario 64 on VC on Wii.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 12:28:30 AM »

I spent about 4-5 hours with Tony Hawk Project 8 then decided that I'd had enough and didn't need to play any more.  I've been playing the series since THPS3, and even though they add stuff and the levels are different, I think I'm just burnt out on the whole thing.  I sent it back today.

In NHL 07, my Isles advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs.  We took the first round against Buffalo 4-1.  And we started the 2nd round against Florida and won the first game.

I put a little more time into R6:Vegas multi but didn't find a team that I had fun with, so I just did some solo T-hunting.

And then to ring in the new year, I broke down and picked up Final Fantasy 12 and dug in for about 5 hours.  Granted, much of that involved me watching cutscenes..

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 12:36:25 AM »

I've been busy with my GameCube lately, put in about 10-15 hours into Wind Waker and about 5 into RE4.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 07:36:24 AM »

I haven't played much on the consoles in the past few weeks.  I started up Divine Divinity again on the PC this past weekend.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 06:03:25 PM »

i spent quite a bit of time with Project 8 and made a little more progress in Psychonauts...having a great time with both games so far icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 08:07:37 PM »

Mostly played a bunch of BF2:modern combat. 

Pikachu, I Blame you!
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2007, 01:31:39 AM »

I'm now up to 70% on the achievements in Dead Rising...so I'm going to be setting it aside until there's another lull.

Also finished EBA on the DS. What a masterpiece of a game.  Now onto the more difficult level.

Also got in some Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow....it's good but I don't know that I'll get the sequel any time soon.  I'm 65% of the way through it and ready to be done.

As for falling down on the job, Ceekay, it's called increasing demand and not diluting the brand.

My other hit thread: Weekend Playlist (which I stole from Whiteboyskim) is still going strong in the reply category. However, recap was falling behind.  I was gonna go one more week, but you've proven there's still a demand for it...I'll gladly take back my IP and fire it up again next week.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: