http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 10:03:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Recap 6-4-2007  (Read 1727 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2007, 05:18:42 AM »

Nothing but Neverwinter Nights 2 for me this weekend.  I'm almost to the endgame and it looks like it's going to be one hell of a finish!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 07:09:17 AM »

Played Tesla Pod Battletech and some PSP Dungeonsiege.  Yay Con! 

Oh yeah, picked up season 1 & 2 of Red vs. Blue signed by Church and Sarge.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 08:05:53 AM »

I finished Elite Beat Agents on the default difficulty and started Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 10:45:14 AM »

Nothing.  My PC is dying a slow death, so I just started buying parts for a new one.   

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 11:04:34 AM »

Played a number of hours in my Forza 2 career and that's about it. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 11:23:15 AM »

Forza 2.

That's it.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 12:04:23 PM »

I succumbed and picked up Guitar Hero II for the 360. Achievements have made the terrible covers more tolerable and I'm working through both the Easy and Medium modes.  But, man, it makes my wrist hurt.  Fortunately, the pain is lessened by the fact that the sales of GH 1 and 2 for the PS2 on ebay more than wholly financed this purchase.  thumbsup

Played some Godfather. Good game. Not great. Worth playing at the price I paid (rental) but I think I'd be content if I'd paid <30.00.

Finally, got the solo achievement in GRAW.  Now I have a few co-op ones to go and a couple of SP ones and the game is complet'd!
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 12:10:26 PM »

Hit level 70 in WoW, played Mario Party 8, played a good deal of Final Fantasy III, played a little Pokemon when I bought LeafGreen used at Gamestop with a bunch of pre-caught pokemon to transfer over to Pearl (also caught a ditto and messed around with breeding stuff to give to my son), played some Forza 2 just to humiliate myself, and...well, I think that was it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 12:41:24 PM »

A bit of puzzle quest. Played more Riddick and got the voicebox and to the cutscene past Abbott. Went back to my save in Morrowind and went from the cave to needing to do 1 more thing to be Hortator for House Redoran. Played some ArmA too. Enjoyed the simple yet plausible Sanitation Operation campaign mission where your small squad takes on another squad in a small town. Why couldn't they have more squad style missions instead of rambo missions?! Oh well at least there is an editor. Also played a custom mission or two.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 12:46:25 PM »

Well nowhere near as much gaming as I optimistically had hoped for-worked 20 hours plus this weekend. I played 3 games.

Guitar Hero 2 (360): I am just not too enamored of this game. I had a brief fling with the PS1 version of GH1 and since then I have just lost interest. I borrowed this from Kathode and while its fine, I don't like most of the songs and I am not having a ton of fun. I plan on playing through the rest of easy and then giving it back. Spent about 2.5 hours with this.

Halo 3 Beta
: With the Beta nearing an end, TML, Dep and I decided to try to get a solid night of play in. We won several times, but I screamed obscenities at the TV way too much. I am getting to the point where action shooters and the disproporionate amount of random crap that happens just don't appeal to me much. Couple that with CONSTANT grenade spam and I was very frustrated with H3. I am still looking forward to the game and will play it online I am sure, but I am about done with the beta.

Forza 2: I got lucky and rented this Friday. I didn't like the demo-at all. I was expecting not to like this at all. I hated the first 3 times I tried to win the first race. Then it changed. Then I started to love it. I was blown away with the depth of options in the game-the tuning, the upgrading, the car availability, the different classes of races-other than having to "earn" your licenses, this game has a career very similar to Gran Turismo 3 (my all time favorite "semi-realistic" racer)-and it looks like its going to have tons of longevity. I think it will fit nicely besides DiRT and keep me racing between the two of them on and off for the whole summer (with different types of racing to keep me entertained of course!). I might still not decide to buy it, but right now I will likely just go pick it up on Friday after the week from hell is over and return the rental. Probably 3 hours of play.

I did not get a chance to so much touch anything else or start the FF7 replay.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 01:04:55 PM »

Spent most of my weekend digging up broken sprinkler pipes in my backyard, so I didn't get nearly as much gaming time as I had hoped.  I did get a couple more hours into my FFVII replay, as well as going back through Medium difficulty on Guitar Hero II.  5-starred everything, so I got the cool Viking guitar.   headbang headbang

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 01:23:14 PM »

Forza 2 was all I played in between socializing with the mother-in-law and playing Daddy. I LOVE the game, LOVE IT! I wish I as a better driver, but that doesn't stop me from loving the game. biggrin

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
warning

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 01:36:26 PM »

I got started on Final Fantasy VII.

I also finished Deus Ex on the PC for the 3rd time.  This run-through I used the Shifter mod which was pretty cool.  The only downside is it makes the game a bit too easy unless you jack the difficulty all the way up.

Now I'm going to work on finishing Halo 2.
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 01:39:51 PM »

No gaming for me this weekend.  crybaby crybaby Saturday, I had to drive down to Fort Lauderdale for the day. We came back Sunday morning, dropped off all the left over foods at the house. Then we drove to Cypress Gardens to check out their new water park and their new Wooden roller coaster which is not wet completed. 700 is the amount of stairs that I climbed at that park to get to the platform for the water slides. 3 slide on one and 2 on the other. I am at work in major pain with my legs.

What makes this even worst is this week I got....lets see Forza2, SMP8, Shadowrun, GUN, Lego SW2, Marvel  Ultimate Alliance, KOTOR I & II PC, and I'ant got to play shit. not ever for 5min this weekend.     
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 01:45:21 PM by juniordan » Logged

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
PS3 Spinks
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 01:42:05 PM »

Jade Empire for PC and Fallout 2 for PC.  It was all about the mouse/keyboard this weekend it seems.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 02:13:53 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 04, 2007, 12:04:23 PM

I succumbed and picked up Guitar Hero II for the 360. Achievements have made the terrible covers more tolerable and I'm working through both the Easy and Medium modes.  But, man, it makes my wrist hurt.  Fortunately, the pain is lessened by the fact that the sales of GH 1 and 2 for the PS2 on ebay more than wholly financed this purchase.  thumbsup

I'm trying to get a friend of mine to loan me his copy so I don't have to put out money twice for GH2 and GH3 + the wireless guitar, but that portion about your wrist caught my eye.  Is your wrist hurting due to the guitar being poorly designed or are you just playing it that much?

Because I can,
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 02:21:05 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 04, 2007, 02:13:53 PM

I'm trying to get a friend of mine to loan me his copy so I don't have to put out money twice for GH2 and GH3 + the wireless guitar, but that portion about your wrist caught my eye.  Is your wrist hurting due to the guitar being poorly designed or are you just playing it that much?

I find the guitar incredibly poorly designed and while my wrist doesn't hurt, a couple of my fingers do everytime I play usually.
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 02:27:35 PM »

Played alot of Forza2.  Great game.  Got my wheel got my cockpit and roaring to go.  The only problem is if you have the wheel and you have a controller you can't do anything with the controller.  I would like to customize my car but unless I unplug my wheel the controller will not control anything.

Played about 2 hours of Guitar Hero 2.  Trying to 5 star on Hard but the last 2 sections are rough.

I finally found Crush for the PSP and got to play around with that.  It is a nice and new puzzle game.  I played for about an hour and I took a small nap and was trying to crush things in my dreams so it is that type of game.

Got a girl I've been seeing to play Lego Star Wars 2 for 360. She never really played games before and did okay.  Double jumping onto platforms was very hard though.  I kept saying double jump double jump and press forward.  She did watch and help my play Indigo Prophecy for about 2 hours so that is good.

I am really trying to get into Dragon Quest 8.  I am at the first quest and keep dying.  It starts out very hard for some reason I have deid like 5 times. Maybe it's just me but man.

And finally I started  Final Fantasy XII.  Good looking game just hope it keeps my interest. 

I had a great gaming weekend just need more time to play games.  Sorry work.....

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 02:31:15 PM »

Finished off "Link to the Past" via WiiVC this weekend then fired up "Ocarina of Time." I swear to God it's the exact same game as "Twilight Princess" only not as annoying, though that damn floating fairy bugs me. Zelda needs a serious revamp and up to this year I was unaware of that. The last game I'd played was "Link to the Past" so I didn't know first-hand that the series was repeating itself endlessly. That being said, "Ocarina of Time" is pretty fun and doesn't have as much annoying baggage as "Twilight Princess" did. I'm also feverishly working to complete the sudoku's in "Brain Age" so I can chalk that game up as being completed.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 03:25:09 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on June 04, 2007, 02:31:15 PM

Zelda needs a serious revamp and up to this year I was unaware of that.

Have you played Majora's Mask?  I understand that was quite a different Zelda game.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 05:18:59 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 04, 2007, 02:13:53 PM

I think it's just old age.  I played GH1 like crazy with no problems.

I got GH2 and played it a bit with no problems.

Then about 2 months ago I played GH2 with my niece and nephew for a few hours and my wrist hurt for days.  Not ARGH! pain but dull constant pain.  I thought I had started to develope CTS but it was just a fatigued wrist I guess.

I pretty much haven't played it since then, until this weekend, and the same pain is there- but I've limited my play time.

I don't know if it's the design or not, but I can't roll on that game very long anymore.  As for the the 360 guitar design: i love the start and select buttons and the guide button, but the top of the guitar (non fret side) juts out to just where your right arm should be. It's not overly uncomfortable but it's not as comfortable as the original GH guitar.

As for costs, I sold GH1 and GH2 for a total net of 114.00 after shipping and fees so this purchase was wholly funded and then some.  So I basically only paid for GH2 once...
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 05:32:24 PM »

Way, way too much f'ing Forza 2.  Played 1 game of The Show and zero LOTRO.

gellar
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 06:09:17 PM »

I hosted an impromptu LAN party in my basement where we played tons of Starcraft.  Even after 8 years that game still plays better than 99% of the current RTS's on the market.

I also dabbled in some Forza 2 and Shadowrun on the 360.  I hope to play more of both in the coming weeks.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2007, 06:29:19 PM »

Another Forza 2.  And just Forza 2.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 06:37:55 PM »

Quote from: gellar on June 04, 2007, 05:32:24 PM

Way, way too much f'ing Forza 2.  Played 1 game of The Show and zero LOTRO.

Same here.  Only got in 1 game of The Show and zero LOTRO.  All thanks to Forza.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 07:29:02 PM »

I played a lot of Etrian Odyssey and a little Lord of the Rings Online.

And I finally loaded up Psychonauts to check that out. Funny game! I liked when those cheerleaders were rooting me on and my guy would say to them, "Shut up Shut up Shut up SHUT UP!!"  icon_lol
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 10:43:31 PM »

Catan - won a couple of SP matches - still a little leery of the ranked matches, though I had fun in the one I did play

F.E.A.R. (360) blazed through a couple of checkpoints of Interval 03

Texas Hold-Em (360) - played through a couple of the Scenarios while waiting for some cards

Command & Conquer 3 (360) DEMO - played through the Boot Camp missions of the Demo - I'm still not sure on this one, though it looks like it's between this and MUA for my next 360 game...

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 12:15:25 AM »

A lot of Unreal Tournament 2003 and 2004.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 02:43:02 AM »

Quote from: rrmorton on June 04, 2007, 07:29:02 PM

And I finally loaded up Psychonauts to check that out. Funny game! I liked when those cheerleaders were rooting me on and my guy would say to them, "Shut up Shut up Shut up SHUT UP!!"  icon_lol

You have not experienced the true genius of this game until you can quote from "The Milkman Conspiracy." I assure you that many bellylaughs will result from this sequence in addition to amazement that someone on this planet could actually conceive of that particular level. Onward, dear friend. ninja2

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 04:26:00 AM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on June 05, 2007, 02:43:02 AM

You have not experienced the true genius of this game until you can quote from "The Milkman Conspiracy." I assure you that many bellylaughs will result from this sequence in addition to amazement that someone on this planet could actually conceive of that particular level. Onward, dear friend. ninja2

I'll finally get a chance to try it since it's coming out on Gametap mid-June  icon_biggrin

Because I can,
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 12:16:53 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on June 04, 2007, 07:09:17 AM

Played Tesla Pod Battletech and some PSP Dungeonsiege.  Yay Con! 

Oh yeah, picked up season 1 & 2 of Red vs. Blue signed by Church and Sarge.

I'm sooo jealous.  At least the pods are local for me, and I can just head up to Plano to play them. smile  Me?  I played Car Porn (Forza 2), Shadowrun, Car Porn, Shadowrun, The Outfit.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 12:36:14 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 05, 2007, 04:26:00 AM

I'll finally get a chance to try it since it's coming out on Gametap mid-June  icon_biggrin
feh late adopters like you are what cause these games to never, ever get sequels or get made again frown I have the original PC version and had the original Xbox version-but never finished it. Maybe time to put it high on the backlog smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 02:24:17 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on June 05, 2007, 12:36:14 PM

feh late adopters like you are what cause these games to never, ever get sequels or get made again frown I have the original PC version and had the original Xbox version-but never finished it. Maybe time to put it high on the backlog smile

I tried the demo last night and I can see why I skipped it when it was released.  Back then I wasn't big into platformers like it so they wouldn't have gotten my money anyways.

Because I can,
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2007, 03:06:28 PM »

Logged some serious COD and Rainbow6 Vegas time on friday. Not closer to beating it, but had a great time playing some coop. Sadly, then relatives came in for the week and I really haven't had any time.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2007, 03:44:18 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on June 05, 2007, 12:36:14 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on June 05, 2007, 04:26:00 AM

I bought it for the Xbox the day it came out but for some reason I just never played it. Then there was a long time when I couldn't play it while waiting for the backwards compatibility patch. But now I'm enjoying it and I'm dying to see this milkman level. HankRaptor was telling me his young son quoted it at the doctor's office. "When the milkman comes, the lies will stop." Something like that?
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2007, 06:09:53 PM »

Something like that, yes. Or maybe not at all.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2007, 07:02:01 PM »

Ack! Its BC now? I would probably rather play it on 360 than PC since I have no gamepad anymore..what to do...
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2007, 08:15:22 PM »

Play it on the 360, fool. icon_twisted

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 01:12:38 AM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on June 05, 2007, 08:15:22 PM

Is the PS2 version BC on 360?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2007, 01:19:47 AM »

Quote from: ATB on June 06, 2007, 01:12:38 AM

Quote from: whiteboyskim on June 05, 2007, 08:15:22 PM

Is the PS2 version BC on 360?

yes.

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: