http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 04:58:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Recap 30/Oct/06  (Read 1577 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2006, 12:21:36 PM »

Other than some Dead Rising on Friday Night I got nothing.  Did run 26.2 miles yesterday though... thumbsup
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

Did run 26.2 miles yesterday though... thumbsup
If we were meant to do that our legs would be more like the Mad Cat mech's.  smile

I got in a few hours with Guitar Hero II for the preview that'll go up in a lil bit. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 12:48:48 PM »

Nice goin' ATB!!   icon_biggrin

Nothing really for me.  Some old-school arcade stuff on Gametap, but that's about it.  Haven't wanted to dig into anything new with FFXII & NWN2 coming out this week. 

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 01:11:34 PM »

Can we say? Oblivion? geeze, I wish I hadn't put this disk in the 360. It had a death grip on my wife and myself. I probably put in 8 hours or so. Probably 20% loading screens. I did manage to finish 2 more stages in Tomb Raider and 2 missions in Hitman in between watching football, hanging out with my nieces and nephews, and taking a nice drive through the awesome fall weather.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 01:11:47 PM »

Saturday night I cracked open Burnout Revenge and put in 3 hours or so between Saturday night and last night.  Lots of fun.  I'm not into racing games, but when the point is to smash other cars I can make an exception.

Now playing: Suikoden 2 [PSX], Neverwinter Nights 2 [PC]
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 01:19:58 PM »

Mostly Okami and a little bit of Contact.  I feel the ending is getting near for Okami, which is good, not because I don't love it to death, but because I really need to get it finished for FFXII.  In Contact, I am at a spot where I basically have to grind for money and I am not that happy about it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 01:32:42 PM »

Unfortunately, almost all of Saturday was lost when what should have been a relatively quick and painless upgrade for my PC turned into prolonged hell when I fried my motherboard. Still, even with most of Saturday lost, I managed to put in a few hours on Dark Messiah and devoted most of Sunday to finishing off Splinter Cell: Double Agent
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 01:41:04 PM »

I actually gamed this weekend! Yay gaming! Yesterday I said "screw the NFL" and played Okami all day! Awesome stuff. I went from [mild spoilers] the Orochi fight to getting shrunken down and starting the emperor's palace. Great stuff.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 02:16:08 PM »

2 hours or so Tiger Woods, came to a complete stopping point and then popped in The Godfather. I don't think The Godfather will be coming out of the 360 until it's done. Excellent game.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 02:24:09 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 30, 2006, 01:19:58 PM

I feel the ending is getting near for Okami, which is good, not because I don't love it to death, but because I really need to get it finished for FFXII. 

As much as I love Okami, it really bogged down for me about 25 hours in.  If they had made it 20-25 hours, it would be one of my favorite games of all time, but it's really too long imo.  As it stands, I haven't quite been able to push through to the end yet, and with FFXII & NWN2 coming out this week, it's going to be a long time until it gets played again.   :icon_sad:

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 02:38:20 PM »

God, I had a glorious gaming weekend.  GLORIOUS.

Tiger Woods has proven to be an incredibly fun experience marred with an exceptionally idiotically-thought-out multiplayer system.  I'll spare the casual/non-sports gamers the drama, but it's almost proving to be game-killing.  Which is a shame.  Because it's a damn good game...mechanics-wise.

Giving Bully some love.  Randomly found my way to a Halloween mission and pulled a GREAT prank and was rewarded with a red ninja outfit.  ROCK ON!

Okami is still getting play-time...As is Virtua Fighter 4: Evo!  My created Pai fighter, Adina, is sporting a 189-40 record currently.  Best fighting game ever?  Easily.

And I'll admit it.  I was seconds away from trading in Clubhouse Games for the DS, but because of the piss-poor trade-in value I kept it and you know what?  I'm actually finding it to be quite fun.  Stamp mode is enjoyable (although I'm playing an absolutely atrocious game currently and have no real will to push forward), and I own at Hearts online (whenever I'm able, to, you know, actually find a game).

Day of Defeat: Source was a blast this weekend, too.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 02:43:02 PM by TheMissingLink » Logged

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 03:09:42 PM »

Didn't get too much done.  I was playing SC:DA and my 360 had the RRoD.  Onto number four!

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 03:20:16 PM »

I got some Ultimate Alliance play in on the 360, but not much.  I devoted the weekend to watching the rest of the stuff on my DVR so I could trade it in for the HD version.  Other than 24 my TV season catchup is complete!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 03:40:01 PM »

Children of Mana and Touch Detective for me.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 03:44:15 PM »

I planned to game far more than I wound up doing this weekend. The majority of my problem came on Friday when I rented season four of 24 and wound up devoting almost the entire weekend to burning through that along with a few movies instead. So it wound up being a nice break from gaming. :slywink:

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 04:56:31 PM »

I'm up to 10ish hours in .hack//G.U. and really enjoying it.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Natjak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 06:01:36 PM »

Got stuck at the 3rd or 2nd last boss in Kingdom Hearts II. Guess I need to go level up, which I haven't had to do up to this point. Oh and I started playing WoW again.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 06:18:46 PM »

I played Gothic 3 every night for 2-3 hours at a time. The latest patch helped a lot, but there are still a few bugs that need to be squashed. Still, it's a tremendously fun game.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 06:39:05 PM »

As I noted, with a family/kids, this was a busy pre-halloween weekend, so not much gaming.  But my gaming plans were entirely derailed when a buddy brought over Railroads and sold it to me for $20.00.  We ended up playing that on the lan for *HOURS* this weekend.  Despite the fairly prelevant bluescreen and crash bugs, the game was a blast.

Managed to squeeze in only a bit of Forces of Corruption other than Railroads.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 06:40:09 PM »

Played through the first couple Intervals of teh FEAR expansion, then switched to some Suikoden 5.  Sadly, Disgaea 2 started calling out to me...and there went to rest of the weekend.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 07:06:21 PM »

Pokemon Blue Rescue Team on the DS:

It's kiddyfied, repetitive, and mindless....

Yet I played it for almost 9 hours this weekend and I can't wait to get back into it tonight.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 07:08:28 PM »

Eh, almost no game time this past weekend.  :icon_sad:  I got in about 10 minutes of Marvel : UA.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 07:25:17 PM »

I had no gaming time at all on Friday and Saturday, but was able to play through both the Rainbow Six: Vegas and F.E.A.R. demos on the 360 on Sunday. RS:V clicked with me and I played through the demo about three times. Can't wait for the full game to come out. F.E.A.R played exactly like the PC demo, but with something missing. It still was fun, but there's something off about it. The controls feel wonky, the autoaim is way too strong, and the graphics aren't nearly as sharp. Still, I might pick it up as a budget release as I don't have a PC that can play it.

I also put about three hours into Tales of The Abyss last night. I passed the 21-hour mark and just finish the Azkieriuth section. The main character is really being put through a grinder in this one. I'm now also at the point where I can consistently rack up 25+  combos. Good game.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 07:31:16 PM »

Quote from: Andrew Mallon on October 30, 2006, 07:25:17 PM

I also put about three hours into Tales of The Abyss last night. I passed the 21-hour mark and just finish the Azkieriuth section. The main character is really being put through a grinder in this one. I'm now also at the point where I can consistently rack up 25+  combos. Good game.

I'm just a little bit farther than you (though I think my combos tend to average more in the high teens).  Was very happy to finally find a copy of the strat guide this weekend.  Haven't used it yet, but it just feels weird for me not to have one for these big meaty RPGs.  I already feel like I've probably missed a ton of stuff. 
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 07:43:50 PM »

Unlocked 3 officers in Samurai Warriors 2. I only have one left (Ranmuru Mori) and two guards to complete the achievements.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 08:11:50 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 30, 2006, 07:43:50 PM

Unlocked 3 officers in Samurai Warriors 2. I only have one left (Ranmuru Mori) and two guards to complete the achievements.

That is painful to even hear.  God I wish they'd innovate even a little in that series.  Ugh

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2006, 08:16:06 PM »

60hrs for it. I haven't even played all of the officers yet. There's about 8 or so that I've not even started up.
Cleared it with at least 16 though. ::sigh::

I enjoy the mindless hack-n-slash, and the combat engine has been mixxed up a bit. I actually preferred the combat in N3 than this though; it IS showing it's age.

I'd have 18inch biceps if I had to play it on Wii; that's for DAMNED sure.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2006, 09:57:43 PM »

I put about 8 hours into Psychonauts and I'm on the last level now.  Also finished a few missions in GTA: Liberty City Stories. And I thought the cars handled bad on the PS2...

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2006, 10:52:28 PM »

I played way more Chromehounds then I ever expected (about 8 hours worth).  And a lot of NHL 07.  I also finished up Just Cause (didn't complete it, but I'm finished with it).

Despite being on call, I got lucky this weekend and spent most of it at home.

Yay!

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2006, 11:19:13 PM »

Played some chromehounds with my son got in some more time with BF2142 pulled out the old flight stick and actually landed a couple copters without crashing which I could never do in BF2.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 11:34:39 PM »

Played some chromehounds with everybody.  Played some BF2 with papasmurff.  That was about it.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2006, 11:38:11 PM »

i logged a fair amount of time with the SP missions of SC:DA over the weekend...just finished the Shanghai mission last night.  other than that, i've just been marveling at the awesome quality of high-def gaming with the 360 in general...new tv makes it like playing i'm playing the same games for the first time icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: