http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 02:59:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Recap 26/Feb/07  (Read 1550 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2007, 01:35:43 PM »

Good night of Gears of War Friday Night, though the evening started ominouslyenough.

Played some Guitar Hero 2 co-op and face off with my nephew.

And got about an hour in with God of War replay on God mode.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 02:00:41 PM »

Work, work, work.

And a little Guild Wars.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 02:04:11 PM »

A small bit of Crackdown, quite a bit of Formula One, and a stab or two at Guitar Hero II.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 02:05:30 PM »

I played about 14 hours of Final Fantasy XII from Friday night to last night-other than a few scattered minutes of other things, that was all of my gaming this weekend.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 02:18:19 PM »

My weekend was saturated with NBA Street Homecourt (X360).  I picked it up for my son and he proceeded to get me 890 achievement points in one weekend!  The game is a lot of fun and this is coming from someone who doesn't really like basketball.  It has that simple "fun" factor.  He had a blast playing and he totally schooled me when I decided to challenge him.  eek

I played my usual NHL 2K7 and NHL 2007 games as I inch closer to the playoffs.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 02:24:48 PM »

Lots of Crackdown and Sonic and the Secret Rings.  A smattering of Virtua Fighter 5 and Flow.  Oh, and some World of Warcraft (hit 61).

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
warning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 02:49:20 PM »

I played a bit more of Okami.  I'm now 8 hours in and things are starting to feel repetitive.  The art style has lost its "wow" factor and I feel like I'm going to do the same thing over and over till the end of the game.  I sent it back to Gamefly.

I actually restarted Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter with my buffed up characters from my first playthrough.  I need to stop playing this game.

I started on Mark of Kri and holy crap is that a fun game!  Some of the stealth kill animations made me wince and laugh out loud.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 02:58:15 PM »

Saturday I finished up God of War and loaded up Splinter Cell: Double Agent for the first time... hated it within minutes.

Bought Crackdown Sunday morning in a completely unplanned event... if I had to guess I'd say I played it for 8 hours Sunday.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 03:09:52 PM »

Burned through an awful lot of FFXII Friday and Saturday with nothing on Sunday until late when I managed to get through a decent chunk of Portrait of Ruin on the DS. But the good news for me is now I'm in a spot in FFXII where I can leave it alone for a week and focus instead on the reviews I need to get done ASAP. icon_biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 03:15:05 PM »

Beat Star Trek Legacy on Ensign, played a load of Lost Planet and Quake 4.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 03:15:11 PM »

A good amount of FFXII- a hair under 70 hours in now.

Finally finished the final boss battle in Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters.  Started a second playthrough in that one and got through the first two levels. 

Still wanting some more Ratchet & Clank action, I restarted Ratchet Deadlocked, a game I didn't give much of a chance to on initial release.  Holy crap, is this game a blast!  Probably logged a good 4-5 hours into and it was incredibly addictive, keeping me up past 3am both Friday and Saturday night.  Really glad I gave that one another shot.

Also, put it in about two hours of Final Fantasy 3 here and there. 
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 03:41:03 PM »

I played quite a bit of Crackdown, although I spent lots of time just screwing around, looking for orbs, taking jumps and maxing out my skills. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 03:49:11 PM »

Wrapped up the main story in Crackdown, played a bit of Zelda (about 7 hours in so far) and some Trauma Center (bah, I can't cut in a straight line on that game to save my life!).  Other than that I finally caught up on the rest of my DVR recordings (we hateses you HBO for cancelling Rome! HATESES!!!) and finalized my search for my first laptop.

Oh, I also fired up Gametap for the first time in a month and played some Gun Metal and attempted to run Nocturne, which apparently has some graphics/gameplay issues- everyone was a shadow and one of the beginning cutscenes wouldn't run due to the in game characters trying to go through a door at the same time.  I played through it before when it came out and didn't have any issues.  Oh well, I guess playing it once was enough.  I also grabbed the latest Sam & Max episode from them even though I still haven't gotten around to finishing the first one yet.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 04:26:24 PM »

Pretty much just God of War.  I am now fairly deep into the Cliffs of MADNESS and am hoping to finish up this week.

During times while the girlfriend was visiting and I did not have unlimited TV+PS2 access, I played through a few songs on the 3-star level of Elite Beat Agents.

I've decided that as a matter of policy, I'm now going to pick one game and play that primarily, until it's finished, rather than compulsively playing 3 or 4 games at a time and never finishing anything. 

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 04:38:46 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on February 26, 2007, 04:26:24 PM

I've decided that as a matter of policy, I'm now going to pick one game and play that primarily, until it's finished, rather than compulsively playing 3 or 4 games at a time and never finishing anything. 

When I started my new contract I decided exactly the same thing-unless its an RTS or something thats mission based-then I can skip between two of them.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 04:40:25 PM »

I won at boozing and carousing wif teh ladies.

I lost (marginally) at teh gambling and (majorly) at teh sleep.

gellar
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 04:41:34 PM »

Quote from: gellar on February 26, 2007, 04:40:25 PM

gellar

trying too hard to type bad noob. and you should have played poker
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 04:42:15 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 26, 2007, 04:41:34 PM

Quote from: gellar on February 26, 2007, 04:40:25 PM

gellar

trying too hard to type bad noob. and you should have played poker

I type like that all of the time.  And you're right, I should have.

gellar
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 05:15:08 PM »

More Final Fantasy VI for me.  I'm at 26 hours, and it looks like I'm about 3/4 of the way through, according to the walkthrough I'm using.  Also started Planescape:  Torment again, but decided I need to finish up FFVI before I really dig into it.  Splitting time between RPG's is never a good thing for me.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 05:25:25 PM »

Since I was dogsitting & had no internets this weekend, I decided to just go handheld.... playing ~8 hours of Lunar Knights (what a fantastic game) & several hours of Final Fantasy VI.  That's it!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 05:35:01 PM »

Well all PC game play for me this weekend since my fire sale games arrived from Amazon Canada; FFXII, NWN2 , JKII: Jedi Outcast and Sin Episodes

Still can't believe I bought all 4 for less than $55 US icon_smile

I decided to take a break from consoles, so my weekend was preoccupied with playing JKII, NWN2 and Sin. I still haven't finished FFX and FFIII so I'll finish those before digging into FFXII; the best for last!
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 05:48:51 PM »

Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Fusion Frenzy 2 on the 360; Got a Wii last week, so spent a lot of time with GC and VC titles - LoZ: WW, Toejam and Earl, Super Mario 64, and LoZ: LttP
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 06:44:36 PM »

On the PC, I got some quality Vanguard time in, along with a little taste of Supreme Commander.

On the 360, I played Crackdown into the wee hours on Saturday night and had a total blast.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 06:59:56 PM »

I got through most of the first 7 chapters in Ninja Gaiden.

I also got through the first chapter and a half of Phoenix Wright.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 07:11:07 PM »

Completed Crackdown. Got CoD3 via gamefly on sat. but just could not get my hands off crackdown so I continued to played it for achievements purposes over the weekend.
Will try to open CoD3 today.

XBox GAMERTAG:Juniordan     ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
PlayStation: Spinks      ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 07:28:09 PM »

played through the main story of crackdown...8-9 hrs on the 360

played final fantasy 12 ,time is now 11 hrs on the PS2

played through the first hour of the warriors on PSP

bought all 3 on friday,and i dont think i have ever bought better games all at once

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 07:33:56 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 26, 2007, 04:38:46 PM

When I started my new contract I decided exactly the same thing-unless its an RTS or something thats mission based-then I can skip between two of them.

Contract?

I think I will have exceptions for handheld games, because I play them under different circumstances than PC and console games, and for games that are not story-based and require gradual improvement in my physical skills (like sports or driving games).

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 08:22:10 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on February 26, 2007, 07:33:56 PM

Quote from: Calvin on February 26, 2007, 04:38:46 PM

Contract?

I think I will have exceptions for handheld games, because I play them under different circumstances than PC and console games, and for games that are not story-based and require gradual improvement in my physical skills (like sports or driving games).

I made that decision two years ago and that let me clear a vast swath through my backlog over the past 24 months. How else to explain that managed to be 36 games last year? That being said, 2007 is off to a shaky start since I've finished exactly one game but have five running at the same time - LEGO Star Wars, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy XII, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. The odds are good that I'll manage to finish two or three at roughly the same time but still.... damn.

Oh, and to make matters worse I have to burn through Lunar Nights ASAP for the review and have God of War 2 hitting in two weeks. Good lord, I'm so screwed.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: