http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 04:52:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Recap 23/Oct/06  (Read 1247 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2006, 01:12:57 PM »

Well, didn't find a great amount of time this weekend.

Had a good couple of sessions with Dead Rising, but man the save system IS a pain.  Was working through the same area over and over again to try to save 3 survivors. Moving forward I shan't be so meticulous.

Also finished one level in Battles of Prince of Persia.  Sadly no Killer 7.

Spent all day Sunday hanging shelves. 
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 01:17:11 PM »

Bought Bully Saturday, played for 8 hours.

Bought Tiger Woods 07, NBA 2K7 and The Godfather Sunday at the TRUB2G1 sale and played a little bit of Tiger and realized I suck hardcore... I'll go back to it after Bully and possibly The Godfather.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 01:24:06 PM »

I played a bit of Suikoden 5 on the PS2, and through quite a bit of FEAR. One of these days, I swear I'll finish a game before I move onto the next.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 01:32:04 PM »

I played enough of Enchanted Arms on the 360 to know it's not for me.  At least not right now.

I'm now 38 hours into Grandia.  This is a long game!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 01:34:13 PM »

My weekend (when my eyes weren't hurting) was devoted to Splinter Cell: Double Agent and 4 flavors of Marvel Ultimate Alliance.  Trying to simul-review all of them for Wednesday morning.  Wheee!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 01:53:01 PM »

Put about 4 hours into Titan Quest and am on the last stretch in Egypt.  I might actually push through and try to finish it this week.  I also started Planescape Torment on Gametap.  Damn 2nd Edition rules are screwing me all up.  What was THAC0 again...?  slywink

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 02:01:29 PM »

Finished off Robotech: Battlecry and it's convinced me, ATB, that you are insane. This game was ass. icon_wink

Also worked extensively on the backyard project My Fair Lady and I have been meaning to work on for the last month and change. As such it looks a heck of a lot better than it did and is close to completion. Yeah! Also did many tons of laundry. I would have finished Robotech Saturday night but around 5 p.m. the construction crews working on the nearby tollway blew a transformer and the power went out. They brought it back up about 20 minutes later only to blow it again half an hour after that.

And so it went until 11 p.m. that night...

Not sure what I'm going to burn through next but here's the kicker - I'm down to eight games in my entire console backlog. Victory over said backlog is so close I can almost taste it. I'm dying to pick up Bully and Destroy All Humans 2 but not until I knock out a few more backlog games. The huge plus side to this week? My Fair Lady heads to Austin on Friday for a weekend-long work conference so I may actually be able to burn off one, maybe two, titles this weekend. icon_lol

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 02:07:32 PM »

Put a fair amount of time into Tales of the Abyss, have a bit over 20 hours logged into it now.  Also put a bit of time into Double Agent on Sunday, managing to make it through the first two real levels and the first HQ level.  I like it but so far it isn't quite as good as Chaos Theory was.

Also, in non-gaming "news", I finished up the novel The Lies of Locke Lamora (highly recommended read) and am now about a third of the way through The Devil in the White City which is pretty darn interesting. 
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 02:19:22 PM »

4-day weekend equals I finished the single-player of Splinter Cell.  Played some multi of it as well. Played some Disgaea 2 and a little battlefield 2 to round things out.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 02:19:45 PM »

I played Condemned with the wife, picked up NFS:Most Wanted, Hitman Bloodmoney, and Table tennis yesterday and played those a little.  I also took a big chunk out of Avatar for the DS

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 02:44:09 PM »

I played a little more of Black, some Geometry Wars (man do I suck at that game) and finally tried out the demo for BF 2142 which was fun but not likely to be a purchase for me. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 02:51:57 PM »

I beat the first Stamp Mode in Clubhouse Games, played lots of Okami, and some Contact.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 02:58:22 PM »

Finished off Robotech: Battlecry and it's convinced me, ATB, that you are insane. This game was ass.

eek eek eek

Then you're obviously not a Robotech fan from way back. Nor did you at one point believe that Rick Hunter had to have existed and that he was watching you to see if you qualified to be beamed aboard the SDF-4 to become a Veritech pilot. Nor did you pretend that your bicycle was a Cyclone and that when you got off of it you turned into body armor and were on covert missions to infiltrate the Zentraedi base (in this case a Giant supermarket). Nor, obviously, was Robotech the defining cartoon of your childhood.  Nor did you have a crush on, in turn, Lynn Minmei, Lisa Hayes, or Rook Bartley.

Pshaw to you!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 02:58:50 PM »

Played some Bully and tried the trials for Lumines and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on XBLA (and promptly deleted them).  Mainly I caught up on recorded shows on my DVR, finished BSG 2.5 and started season 1 of The Unit.  I'm almost through my backlog of catching up on shows, all I have left after The Unit is Dr. Who and the first 5 seasons of 24.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 03:07:22 PM »

Been playing SC:DA and actually ran some Battle Field 2 with Jarrodhk.  71 points in one round, straight up no bs.  I wish more of my fellow GTers played this game......good times.....

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 03:10:24 PM »

Quote from: ATB on October 23, 2006, 02:58:22 PM

Finished off Robotech: Battlecry and it's convinced me, ATB, that you are insane. This game was ass.

eek eek eek

Then you're obviously not a Robotech fan from way back. Nor did you at one point believe that Rick Hunter had to have existed and that he was watching you to see if you qualified to be beamed aboard the SDF-4 to become a Veritech pilot. Nor did you pretend that your bicycle was a Cyclone and that when you got off of it you turned into body armor and were on covert missions to infiltrate the Zentraedi base (in this case a Giant supermarket). Nor, obviously, was Robotech the defining cartoon of your childhood.  Nor did you have a crush on, in turn, Lynn Minmei, Lisa Hayes, or Rook Bartley.

Pshaw to you!

Actually, nothing could be farther from the truth. icon_biggrin Ben Dixon's fate was the defining moment for me regarding animation in general (up to that point I believed no animated character could die), I had a massive crush on Miriya (always went for the Amazonian chicks), and wanted a Veritech somthing fierce. If given the chance to live in a sci-fi universe this would rank #2 behind Star Wars for me.

But the game still sucks. nod

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 03:11:37 PM »

Downloaded (Steam) Half Life Two finally to see what all the fuss is about.  I got a whole hour in and it's fun so far.  I'm a gaming machine!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 03:12:55 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on October 23, 2006, 03:10:24 PM

Ben Dixon's fate was the defining moment for me regarding animation in general (up to that point I believed no animated character could die),

For me the defining moment was Roy's death, and for the same reason.  Never could get back into GI Joe after watching Robotech...
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 03:33:49 PM »

Quote from: ATB on October 23, 2006, 02:58:22 PM

eek eek eek

Pshaw to you!

Actually, nothing could be farther from the truth. icon_biggrin Ben Dixon's fate was the defining moment for me regarding animation in general (up to that point I believed no animated character could die), I had a massive crush on Miriya (always went for the Amazonian chicks), and wanted a Veritech somthing fierce. If given the chance to live in a sci-fi universe this would rank #2 behind Star Wars for me.

But the game still sucks. nod

HOW DARE YOU! 

The only thing you're worthy of now is being strapped to the front of the SDF-1's main gun prior to a Zentraedi assault.

No no. That' too good for you! You need to be strapped to one of the Daedelus arms prior to ramming!

Rick Hunter: Whiteboyskim, you're clearly not good enough to be on my RDF.  ATB is clearly the type of man we're looking for to lead Skull Squadron!
ATB: Why thank you sir! I agree whole heartedly.  Want me to feed him to the Invid?
Rick Hunter:    That won't be necessary! I owe Breetai a house warming gift.  I bet he'd love a Whiteboyskim coaster.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 03:38:47 PM »

Pssed the 66% mark in Enchanted Arms, played a bit of Doom and Batallion Wars, and tooled around with the Lumines Live trial as well.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 04:29:25 PM »

Quite a bit of gaming for me this weekend.

A bunch of games (lost count) of NHL 07.

A couple of missions of Lego Star Wars.

A bunch of missions in Just Cause.

And some Flight Simulator 2004 and Dwarf Fortress on the PC.

Oh, and I started up New Super Mario Bros on the DS again.

It was my weekend off, and I took full advantage of it.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
depward

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 04:39:32 PM »

A crapload of Devil Summoner with a big dose of Contact and some really fun Splinter Cell multiplayer.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 04:52:14 PM »

I have this week off so I hopefully will be able to beat many games.

Tiger Woods 2007 -  About 4 hours and I really like it.  The presentation is very good and the gameplay so far is not too easy.
Bully -  2 Hours.  So far pretty good.
Contact - Hour.  Okay pretty interesting story and neat idea.
Okami - 4 hours.  20 hours in and still really enjoying the game definately going to finish this one.
Price of Persia 3 -  4 hours.  I tried to go back and play POP 2 but just grew tiresome of not being albe to find my way around.  So far this one is looking good.
GTA San Andreas - 4 hours.  Trying to finally finish this game.

Guitar Hero -  3 hours.  Gotta keep my skill up,  TWO MORE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 04:55:18 PM »

I was away for the weekend visiting inlaws and got to the last dungeon in Final Fantasy 1 Dawn of souls .

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 05:27:22 PM »

I finished the story mode in Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, so I decided to go get another PSP game, namely Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. Stepping into EB I noticed they were having a buy 2 get 1 free on used games, so I spent a whopping $12 together on 007: Everything or Nothing (XBOX), GTA 3 (PS2) and Dead to Rights (XBOX) in addition to what I came in for.  Played a bunch of missions in LCS and completed the first 3 missions in 007.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Goonch
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 06:38:06 PM »

360: - finished up the main story of Dead Rising with the "A" ending.
                   - started up the sp Splinter Cell DA

GCN: -  Lego Star Wars 2...re-played a couple of missions in coop mode with my 7 year old son.

PC: -  Rome Total War:Alexander
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 06:48:45 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on October 23, 2006, 03:12:55 PM

Ben Dixon's fate was the defining moment for me regarding animation in general (up to that point I believed no animated character could die),

For me the defining moment was Roy's death, and for the same reason.  Never could get back into GI Joe after watching Robotech...

For me it was the Transformers movies. God, the animated robots of yesteryear were mowed down like blades of grass to make room for new ones to occupy toy-store shelves.

It's hard to believe that it only lasted 4 seasons.

I dl'd the Lumines Live demo... tempting. Is the full game (without the pack) the full game on PSP?
I now have 19 or 20 officers unlocked in 360's Samurai Warriors 2. Fun stuff.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 06:50:48 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 07:11:10 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 23, 2006, 06:48:45 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on October 23, 2006, 03:12:55 PM

For me it was the Transformers movies. God, the animated robots of yesteryear were mowed down like blades of grass to make room for new ones to occupy toy-store shelves.

It's hard to believe that it only lasted 4 seasons.

The movie was why it only lasted 4 seasons. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
Killing Optimus Prime effectively killed the series.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 07:57:37 PM »

I made it over the 50% mark in Enchanted Arms.  I'm actually liking the game more at 30 hours in than I did at 20 hours.  For awhile, I was getting a little bored, but the story has picked up nicely since then.

Put in a couple hours of Bully.  Opened up the town and got my beach house.  Suh-weet!

During commercial time of the World Series I finished Chapter 26 in the first Fire Emblem.  I'm slowly replaying the game again after getting tooled in the last chapter after finding out my builds were completely wrong.  mad

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: