http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 05:05:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Recap 16/Oct/06  (Read 1311 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2006, 09:52:07 AM »

For me, it was a pretty good gaming weekend. I got about 3 hours of Killer 7 in.  I also watched the first cutscene that really truly bothered me.

This game is whacked, but unique and that's why I'll keep going.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 12:32:22 PM »

About 8 or 9 hours of Tales of the Abyss.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:38:08 PM »

I had a good time Friday night playing GRAW with about 8 people.  It was fun and we need to get that going again!

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 01:10:44 PM »

Really, really enjoyed myself playing the Splinter Cell: Double Agent demo.

Got whooped in 3 games of Winning Eleven versus pr0ner (scored on a free kick, though, WOO!).

Spent some quality time with Okami, God Hand, Day of Defeat and the 2k sports games.

Good weekend.

TheMissingLink on PSN
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 01:19:14 PM »

Steambot Chronicles - about 3 hours.  I keep coming back to this game as it's so fun and unique.

Digital Devil Saga - about 4 hours.  Just not for me.  I love the style but the slim story and endless random battles killed it for me.

Grandia - I'm now 30 hours into the game and I love it.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 01:39:25 PM »

I managed to download the Splinter Cell Multi demo (I may have the full game before I get to play it!  heheh), played a few more hours of Sam & Max: Culture Shock (review tomorrow!), completed my review of Just Cause for the 360, and began prewriting my preview for Guitar Hero II.  All in all, a productive weekend.

Oh....*shame*  I also re-activated my WoW account to play a little bit of Burning Crusade.   ninja

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 01:42:36 PM »

Enchanted Arms, spent about 10 hours with it this weekend, my save shows 96% done so I guess next weekend it's all over and I can start on al lthe games I'm going to buy at the TRU sale.  icon_twisted

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 01:59:21 PM »

I'm suffering from the worst gamer ADD I've had in years.  This weekend was:

-  Put about 3 hours into Okami.  Still really enjoy it, but it's starting to drag around 25 hours.
-  Spent all morning Sunday playing Civ IV.  Realized that I love the early to mid game, but hate the tedium of the end-game.  One of these days I'll get around to finishing one of my conquest maps.
-  Last night was all about Superstar Baseball 2 on Gametap.  I'd forgotten how great that game is.  Also played some Rastan and Golden Axe for nostalgia's sake.
-  Played tutorial missions on a bunch of other Gametap downloads.  Stronghold, Homeworld 2, Lords of the Realm III, Age of Wonders:  Shadow Magic, and Kohan II.  Probably the only one I'll actually play more of is Kohan II.
-  Fired up Titan Quest for about an hour.  Getting kind of bored with it (about halfway through Egypt)
-  Grabbed the 14-day World of Warcraft trial from Gamestop.  I've never tried it, but I figure I should see what all the fuss is about.  Took an hour to install and patch.  Played it for about 45 minutes and realized (again) that MMORPG's are just not my thing.  Uninstalled.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 02:32:24 PM »

Other than GRAW with the usual suspects on Friday night not much.  I re-subbed to Gametap (did the buy one month get the next free just to try it out again) for Sam & Max and fired up some of the older games on there (Planescape, Baldurs Gate, The Last Express, Sands of Time and SWAT 2).  Tinkered around with SoT but deleted it.  Fired up Planescape and Baldurs Gate but didn't really make it past the character creation and never made it to the other 2.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 02:43:51 PM »

Started out good, until I added another ADD to my mix..

- Got plenty of Settlers 2: 10th Anniversary in on Friday evening.
- Finished off Friday Night with 2 hours of HOMMV with my son in duel mode.
- Saturday I was busy, but managed 1 game of Paraworld, and a couple games of Dark Crusade.
- Sunday my plans went to the wind when I downloaded the trial to Master of Defense, and ended up buying it and playing it all day.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 02:45:52 PM »

I was on a shooter binge and played about equal amounts of Metal Arms, Black and Just Cause on my 360.  

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 03:57:27 PM »

Enchanted Arms.  Still haven't cracked the halfway point, but it's coming along.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 04:02:02 PM »

As expected, I played a little bit of Resident Evil 4.

I also beat TML in 3 games of Winning Eleven 9 online by a combined score of 9-2.  You need to find your game again!

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 04:29:28 PM »

I played Doom on XBLA, Halo 2, Okami, Star Fox on DS, and Clubhouse Games on DS.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 05:51:09 PM »

I beat the regular boss in Mortal Kombat:A with about half a dozen characters, played through a bit of the Konquest mode, realized that this is no different than the last MK game I played (Deadly Alliance, bought when it dropped below $20).  Comparing this game to Soul Calibur 3 shows just how poor the development team at Midway is.

Tried out the new 602 verison of the JA2 1.13 mod on novice level.  Remembered how much hatred this game can make you feel.  (Nothing like watching your sniper, prone, with a rifle and Marksmanship over 90 miss a free-standing person out in the open, but gets hit by the guys return fire. finger)  Quit after freeing Drassen.  The first time I cleared it out? Was counterattacked (this is Day 2 of the game, btw) by 8 mercs...who summon an addition 22 mercs on the second turn.  For the Love of God, if any of you try that mod, SHUT OFF THE REINFORCEMENTS TRIGGER!!!

Played through most of the good campaign in BFME2.  I saved and quit last night (well, technically this morning) with multiple armies encamped on Dol Goldor's from gate.  Will probably polish that mission off tonight.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 06:33:40 PM »

Spent very little time gaming.

A little NHL 07 (2 games) a touch of Dead Rising, and finally abandoned my Dwarf Fortress.  It was just too big and inefficient to enjoy any longer.  I started a new one, but I'm not feeling the love.  I think it's time for a break from DF.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
depward

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 07:37:25 PM »

Got in several hours of both Devil Summoner and Valkyrie Profile 2.  Love both games.  Love them OH SO MUCH.

Played some NHL2k7 with Adam.  Played some LocoRoco.  Had a BLAST with Day of Defeat: Source.  And yep, that's about it (I think..)

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »

I got the last set of 360 achievements (Dark Brotherhood quest) in Oblivion.  I also finally picked up in-wall/in-ceiling surround sound speakers on Friday so I spent time installing them yesterday.   Not quite there yet but I will be before the week is up.

- shaggy

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 10:55:57 PM »

Played a bit more Enchanted Arms and some XBLA.

Almost finished the main once through of NSMB on the DS, but that doesn't count all the hidden/extra stuff.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 06:57:22 PM »

I was on vacation and took my laptop.  I ended up playing a bit of SimGolf.  I know it's pretty simple but I really love that game.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 07:47:48 PM »

I burned through the majority of Just Cause this past weekend and finished off my review this week. It should be on the site soon. In the meantime I finished off both Just Cause and Black this week so I've now finished a total of 25 games for the year. I have my console backlog organized downstairs such that every game on the shelf I haven't beaten is in a console-specific stack in front of my alphabetized row of completed games. I grabbed Robotech: Battlecry off the backlog shelf today and realized I was barely into it when last I played it...

Two years ago.

As such, that's next on my "to complete ASAP" list.

The real gaming fun though will be next weekend when My Fair Lady is in Austin at a work conference all day Friday-Sunday. I may have to call in *cough* sick next Friday and burn through as much of my backlog as is humanly possible then. icon_twisted

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 10:29:29 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on October 19, 2006, 07:47:48 PM

I grabbed Robotech: Battlecry off the backlog shelf today and realized I was barely into it when last I played it...

Two years ago.

As such, that's next on my "to complete ASAP" list.

The real gaming fun though will be next weekend when My Fair Lady is in Austin at a work conference all day Friday-Sunday. I may have to call in *cough* sick next Friday and burn through as much of my backlog as is humanly possible then. icon_twisted

Battlecry was my first console game since the Genesis.  It is still one of the best and is on my short list for replay.  BRAVO!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: