http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 01:02:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Recap (9-10-07)  (Read 1653 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2007, 03:46:15 AM »

Am watching the Cowboys beat the Giants and was looking for this thread.  Turns out it disappeared for a while, and according to CeeKay I am not stepping on any toes by posting.  So...

I got up to the Omega Pirate in Metroid Prime last weekend before I left for a trip out west.  I was dreading going back there (I hate boss battles, maybe I am weird), so I gave it one shot, got killed and then, looking for something light, picked up Super Mario Sunshine for the umpteenth time.  I've never gotten past 9 shines before, so I am making a concerted effort not to get frustrated and I managed to get to 15 or 16 shines (although I did get a little frustrated at times - just something about the camera and controls in that game that get to me). Also played through the first couple of levels in Unreal on the PC, but I may have too many games going on for that to get more time.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 03:49:54 AM »

The beautifully done yet somewhat flat Infernal on Gametap got some playtime this weekend, as did the abortion that is Jaws Unleashed- trust me, save your bandwidth and don't even bother with Jaws.  Two Worlds is due for some playtime now.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 03:53:34 AM »

Finished Medal of Honor Airborne, played some Dynasty Warriors Gundam, and some time in the COD4 beta to re-max level and see the new toys.  That was about it for me.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 04:11:31 AM »

Played some Madden 2008 with PeteRock on Friday night.  Saturday Night played it at my inlaw's 50 Sony Wega HDTV and saw Madden in HD for the first time.  Then played some more madden today
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 04:55:39 AM »

Madden with Calvin, Warhawk with depward and Calvin, some random PSP time with some random PSP games.

TheMissingLink on PSN
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 05:24:45 AM »

really not a lot for me this weekend.  i spent a little time with Forza2, DiRT, and Castlevania:SotN, but didn't accomplish a lot with any of them.  my biggest gaming accomplishment of the weekend came when i loaded up GH2 for a little while tonight...

after being stuck on the same damn song for months, i finally put 'Freya' on Expert behind me tonight...then went on to complete 'Stop' and 'Madhouse' both on my first try
i gave 'The Trooper' a quick try but lost it during the big solo and decided to call it quits for the night.  while i psyched to have finally moved past Freya, the songs i still have ahead are going to be absolutely brutal on expert...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 06:35:26 AM »

Bioshock, lots and lots of Bioshock.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 10:33:07 AM »

continued my campaign in M2:TW. Also,  brought a iphone and I played with all it's neat features.  dang this phone is nice

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 12:00:46 PM »

GRAW2, Stranglehold and some Bioshock.

GRAW2 still delights.  Stranglehold has flashes of brilliance shrouded by some very poor design decisions (though I'm still not very far) and Bioshock, well....it's easly GOTY...I don't know if even Mass Effect can dislodge it.  My replay will help determine whether it lands in my top ten of all time.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 01:25:22 PM »

I'm working my way very slowly through Bioshock.  I'm just now in Neptune's Bounty.

I played a couple hours of Lunar 2: Eternal Blue on the Playstation.

I messed around with Zelda: Wind Waker a bit.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 01:28:07 PM »

It was an odd weekend.  I played:

Jackass: The Game
Lair
Sherlock Holmes
NBA 08 for PS3 (working on that day 1 review people - tell me what you want me to look at)

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 01:39:41 PM »

I spent most the weekend with System Shock 2.  Sadly, most of the time was spent trying to get it to run :/  Between securom and dual CPU issues, it was determined not to run at all.  But it's finally stable, running at 1600x1200 with updated textures and models... not too shabby.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 01:47:55 PM »

Tried to play Warhawk Friday night but the servers were down.  So I rented MLB07 The Show for the PS3.  I normally don't play action based baseball games.  But The Show is every bit as good as people have been saying for months.

On Saturday morning I played some Guitar Hero 2. I am still trying to 5 star Psychobilly Freakout and the last tier on medium before I move up to hard for good. 

I started up a Cleveland Browns franchise in Madden 08.  I lost in week one to the Steelers 14-0 but at least that's an improvement over how the real Browns did.  crybaby

I started up an Ohio State Dyansty in NCAA 08 on the 360 and beat Youngstown State 59-0 and Akron 37-14.  Week 3 on the road at Washington should be a tougher test.

I rented Nascar 08 on the 360 and messed around with that a little.  The game isn't bad but I didn't realize it was that hard to drive around an oval.   icon_eek  I crashed way more than I thought I would.

On Sunday night I played a few games of All Pro Football 2K8 in the lobby.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 01:50:37 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 01:59:13 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on September 10, 2007, 03:53:34 AM

Finished Medal of Honor Airborne, played some Dynasty Warriors Gundam, and some time in the COD4 beta to re-max level and see the new toys.  That was about it for me.

PM me when you're ready to get rid of DW:Gundam. biggrin

Oh, and I played a little MP3 (just got to the first save point, and I'm not crazy about the movement control)

I also put in some good time with Oblivion; I've got all but Cheydinhal's gate closed. Goddamn babysitting quest. I'm a lvl27 Vampire Redguard with mastered Heavy Armor, Blunt, Armorer (I've only got one skill in Apprentice-Marksman, everything else is expert or journeyman) and I smoke pretty much anything in there. UNFORTUNATELY, the uppity royal brat thinks he should get between my Daedric Mace and the Daedroth every goddamned time.

Everytime I kill a group of enemies and he survives I wait an hour to heal him up and trigger the autosave.

Thankfully it's almost done.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 02:30:23 PM »

Not much of anything.  I need to fix that ASAP.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 02:38:36 PM »

I mostly put time into Blue Dragon, really having a blast with that game! It's like FFV meets Earthbound, sort of. icon_wink And man, I thought people were exaggerating about how annoying Marumaru is, but geez; I wish there was a per-character mute button. I hate that little freak.

Also been putting time into Final Fantasy III DS again, working my way through that and really enjoying it this time around.

Saturday night I got some co-op Guitar Hero 2 in with my lady, we had a lot of fun. I also tried a couple shots at Jordan on Expert again, as I really want to beat that one. I came SOOOO close to getting through that hideous guitar solo in the middle of the song, SO DAMN CLOSE. ARRRRRGH!!! I've played through the song on practice mode, and if I can get through that solo, I can finish the song. finger

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
depward

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 03:12:52 PM »

Played as much Warhawk as I could (aside from random PSN sign-in errors and the servers being down friday evening).  Also put about five hours into Monster Hunter Freedom 2 along with some Persona Triple.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 04:01:52 PM »

Friday night I hooked up with some friends for some Co-op Guitar Hero 2.  Finished up Bioshock on saturday and traded it in for Metroid Prime Corruption.  Sunday I spent some time on Blue Dragon.  Over all was a good gaming weekend smile

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 04:37:54 PM »

I played "Pack Man" all weekend. Yippee! I managed to get a lot of boxes loaded with stuff, and then more boxes packed with more stuff! I am teh winnar!

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 04:46:49 PM »

I finished Bioshock. icon_smile

XBox GAMERTAG:Juniordan     ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222  ()  ()  ()
PlayStation: Spinks      ()  ()  ()
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 04:51:14 PM »

I did little gaming this weekend.  I played a couple levels in Daxter on the PSP (the game is surprisingly long) and then tried out the 7-day trial of Lord of the Rings Online for a little bit, too.  I haven't played that one since the beta and I think it actually runs better, although I didn't get too far so I'm not positive. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 04:55:50 PM »

I finished Bioshock. A very good game, but highly overrated.

I returned to Half Life 2 (my first time playing this). I am in the prison section and I have heard it's the least popular part of the game. I am certainly hating it myself. (Stupid gun turrets, why can't I electrocute you and then hack you?)

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 06:06:01 PM »

Finished the single player campaign on Gears of War.

Spent some time with the NHL 08 and Stranglehold demos.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 06:17:25 PM »

Only managed to get in a couple levels of Jeanne D'Arc between football games.

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 06:53:29 PM »

I played some Persona 3 and started up Valkryie Profile: Lenneth on the PSP.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 07:06:46 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on September 10, 2007, 04:37:54 PM

I played "Pack Man" all weekend. Yippee! I managed to get a lot of boxes loaded with stuff, and then more boxes packed with more stuff! I am teh winnar!

did you pop the magic pill so you could chase down and eat the ghosts?

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 09:09:09 PM »

finished bioshock friday night.  played nothing at all except picross on the ds all weekend.  got out to enjoy the sunshine with the family and missed out on playing anything. 

still crunching the proteins for the cause though.  damn, i'm up to level 18 now.  what an addictive game they've got there. 

i had warhawk and the pc version of two worlds in my hands today.  tough decision but i wanted the rpg fix more and grabbed the last ce from the shelf. 

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 10, 2007, 10:33:07 AM

continued my campaign in M2:TW. Also,  brought a iphone and I played with all it's neat features.  dang this phone is nice

I dunno, maybe it's only funny to me, but how does playing with iPhone features constitute as gaming? slywink

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 10:07:25 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on September 10, 2007, 09:10:00 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 10, 2007, 10:33:07 AM

I dunno, maybe it's only funny to me, but how does playing with iPhone features constitute as gaming? slywink

and he doesn't even say where he brought it to.

Because I can,
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 11:56:02 PM »

Warhawk with my boys, Madden 08, a tiny bit of Blue Dragon, some random PC games (all old games I am considering replaying-none of them worked out to hold my interest frown ).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: