http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 09:11:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist: The Last Pre-Bioshock (for most) Playlist EVER! 17/Aug/07  (Read 2255 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2007, 02:22:43 PM »

GRAW2 tonight.

Probably GRAW2 tomorrow.

Maybe some Gears of War coop with Ikey boy.

It's like it's early 2007 all over again. 

Booner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 02:26:13 PM »

Bioshock...lots of it.  ninja
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 02:31:57 PM »

I've been playing equal parts Okami on my PS3 and Civ4: Beyond the Sword on my PC, and I expect that to continue through the weekend.

-Autistic Angel
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 02:37:58 PM »

It's going to be an all DS weekend for me.  My Blue Dragon pre-order money (I've decided to skip it for now) will be used to pick up Luminous Arc this afternoon, Etrian Odyssey is scheduled to arrive on Saturday, and I'll also be finishing this playthrough of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (I've been on the final battle for a couple weeks, just need to actually wrap it up).

Handheld gaming FTW!!

Oh, and I might get in some Planescape:  Torment, since I recently restarted that one as well.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 02:39:47 PM by Gratch » Logged

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 02:40:21 PM »

All Pro 2K8,

Madden 08,

All Pro 2K8,

Madden 08,

All Pro 2K8.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 02:46:01 PM »

D&D: Tactics
Gears of War on Insane difficulty...probably...

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 02:50:45 PM »

possibly Hitman: Blood Money on Gametap, and I may 'Carpe Diem' and grab Madden 08 for the 360.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 03:02:46 PM »

Quote from: ATB on August 17, 2007, 02:22:43 PM

GRAW2 tonight.

Probably GRAW2 tomorrow.

Maybe some Gears of War coop with Ikey boy.

It's like it's early 2007 all over again. 

I just got that via gamefly (GRAW2). I didn't know it was add to the Friday nights line up I will try to join in later on then.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
PS3 Spinks
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »

still on disc 2 of FFVIII

resistance online

...i dunno,all my games pale in comparison to that damn Bioshock demo...i just wish it was a week today

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 03:33:58 PM »

I'm still gearing up for the start of my football seasons.  I'm going to continue playing exhibition games in NCAA 2008 and APF 2K8.

I'm also picking up Dungeons & Dragons Tactics today and will be starting that.

Other than that I'm just going to wing it like I do most weekends anyway.  I have no plans to go out anywhere so I'm sitting in and gaming, which I do most weekends anyway when my kids are not with me.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 03:41:05 PM »

gears of war has been started but i'm nowhere near completion.  just made it to the corpser. 

i also picked up psychonauts and beyond the sword for the pc, but those are probably going to gather some dust now.

i have a few games to send back to gamefly, but it doesn't matter much after next tuesday.

oh, and picross ds when i'm not able to play the 360.  damn you work restrictions.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
depward

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 03:45:48 PM »

Persona, Madden, Resistance...

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 03:48:59 PM »

I was treated to a pleasant surprise this morning when I received an email indicating that my 360 just shipped and should be back on my TV stand within 3 to 5 days, but that doesn't at all help my weekend gaming agenda.

Last night out of pure NFL football desperation I loaded up my superstar profile in Madden '06 on my original Xbox and played a series of games working ever closer to my character's inevitable induction into the Hall of Fame.  With the start of the NFL season upon us I need my video game football fix, and so this at least will partially hold me over until my 360 returns and I can load up Madden '08.

So this weekend will probably see a lot of Madden '06, and I've also been working my way through Resident Evil 4 on the PS2.  I also hope to borrow God of War 2 from a friend since I recently finished the first and can't wait for more mythological ass-kicking.

But next weekend will be Madden '08 Madden '08 Madden '08 Madden '08 Madden '08 Madden '08 Madden '08 Madden '08 Madden '08 along with some Oblivion, Rainbow Six: Vegas, and some more Madden '08 Madden '08 Madden '08 Madden '08 Madden '08 Madden '08 Madden '08 Madden '08 Madden '08.      

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Frogstar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 03:50:04 PM »

I'm going to sink some time in Rune Factory (DS), which I'm really enjoying so far.  And I'll try some Madden (Wii) with my son.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 03:54:02 PM »

Not gonna have much free time this weekend, but the time I do have will be spent working on my first ever playthrough of Halo 1 on the 360.  If the TV is unavailable, I'll be on my PC working through Secret Hush Hush NDA SHH.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 03:55:22 PM »

Looks like NCAA 08 until Madden arrives.  Then, probably more NCAA 08.  Maybe some APF, but I'm largely holding on to that one on the hope that this mythical online league actually happens.  Maybe some Gears with ATB.  Maybe some GRAW2 tonight if that happens.  Maybe some Forza2.  Definitely some online NCAA with Calvin and anyone else who is man enough to FACE THE LONGHORN JUGGERNAUT OF TERROR.  Or some online APF with anyone who is man enough to face MONGO ST. PIERRE, JUGGERNAUT OF TERROR.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 03:55:34 PM »

D&D Tactics, Persona 3, and WoW on Stormscale and maybe on Zangarmarsh.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 04:47:28 PM »

For me, my plans are working. While 'working' though, I'll be more than likely playing Dungeons and Dragons: Tactics.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007, 06:04:29 PM »

Hmm, let's see...

PC:

Definitely: Civ 4: Beyond the Sword (heads up for those unaware, a new patch just came out)
Maybe: Tomb Raider Anniversary, STALKER (I've been meaning to try a user mod that was written up in PC Gamer that supposedly improves the graphics a great deal.)

PS2:

Definitely: Persona 3
Maybe: Odin Sphere, From Russia With Love (Just picked it up for $10 at Best Buy. I'm on level 2 and it's kind of disappointing.)

DS:
Definitely: Puzzle Quest: I'm severely addicted to this little bastard all over again.
Maybe: NY Times Crossword Puzzles

360:
Maybe: The Darkness, Worms

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2007, 06:09:40 PM »

Baseball, Football and Guild Wars

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2007, 07:29:11 PM »

D&D tactics, maybe start Brave Story, might retrieve Black from Moriarty and play through that.  Possibly some BF2 on the 360 with smurff.  Enjoy not having any room mates around for the moment and only working one shift for the weekend.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007, 08:43:05 PM »

while i'm stuck impatiently awaiting Bioshock, i've started another run through Ninja Gaiden:Black...just as much fun as i remember ninja2

i've also been slowly working my way through the original Baldur's Gate, so i may get back to that a little more...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
tiktokman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007, 09:12:51 PM »

I shall be playing Bioshock!

And maybe some Madden '08.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 09:36:24 PM »

Well, I have a lot of gf stuff to do this weekend, and I am playing golf with a notorious GTer on Sunday, but I intend to play a ton of NCAA online, a ton of Madden franchise and online with Depward, and possibly dick around with a few older PC games. Next two weeks will see more football, bioshock, and blue dragon, so don't expect me to surface for a long time smile
depward

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2007, 10:05:24 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on August 17, 2007, 09:36:24 PM

Well, I have a lot of gf stuff to do this weekend, and I am playing golf with a notorious GTer on Sunday...
Pics or it didn't happen

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »

Well, I know what I won't be playing this weekend: anything on my broken 360.

I think I'm going to test my moral flexability and pick up a PSP at Walmart with the intent of returning it when the Slim comes out. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2007, 01:21:12 AM »

I'm still playing Overlord on Gametap.  And I really haven't given Civ4:BTS enough playtime since picking it up last week.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2007, 02:48:27 AM »

Gamefly sent me Dungeons & Dragons Tactics, so I'll mess with that.  Maybe some Shadow Hearts: Covenant while I wait for my copy of Persona to arrive.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2007, 03:30:03 AM »

Holy crap, Civ 4 BTS is gaming nirvana. An all-time great game, better than ever.
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2007, 03:41:07 AM »

Played a bunch of Madden tonight. Will play a bunch of Madden tomorrow.  icon_biggrin
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2007, 06:37:49 PM »

Quote from: rrmorton on August 18, 2007, 03:30:03 AM

Holy crap, Civ 4 BTS is gaming nirvana. An all-time great game, better than ever.

Explain.

I've skipped Civ since II as I feel that it was obviously the most perfectly crafted game of all time.

What's better about IV? And what's better yet about IV: BTS?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2007, 06:45:20 PM »

Quote from: DonD on August 18, 2007, 01:21:12 AM

I'm still playing Overlord on Gametap.

I finished it the other night.  Great game for the price!

Because I can,
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2007, 08:13:02 PM »

Quote from: Caine on August 17, 2007, 03:41:05 PM

gears of war has been started but i'm nowhere near completion.  just made it to the corpser. 

GoW is so short that once you start it, you're already near completion slywink

This weekend I'll be finishing up The Darkness (kick ass game, by the way) and attempting to find a used copy of Overlord.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2007, 10:56:35 PM »

Quote from: ATB on August 18, 2007, 06:37:49 PM

Explain.

I've skipped Civ since II as I feel that it was obviously the most perfectly crafted game of all time.

I just installed CIv4 again the other day to try to figure this out. It intrigues me.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2007, 11:36:32 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on August 18, 2007, 10:56:35 PM

Explain.

I just installed CIv4 again the other day to try to figure this out. It intrigues me.

I've been told that since I love Civ 2 then I'd love Civ 4 because it feels like Civ 2 and not Civ 3.  Plus apparently the expansion pack gives a major boost to the Espionage gameplay.

Because I can,
Goonch
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2007, 03:38:58 AM »

Mostly played Combat Mission:SF and a got a little further with System Shock 2. On the 360 I just watched my son playing some SW: Ep 3 Revenge of the Sith. He is so animated when he plays that game, it is a pisser just to watch him play.

Can't wait for my Bioshock 360 LE to come in already. I'm getting tired if fighting against the Syrians. They are much tougher than I expected  crybaby.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 03:46:34 AM »

Looks like I can add Madden 08 (360) to my list.

Because I can,
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2007, 05:14:33 AM »

Having fun with D&D tactics.  Flows much faster with the Chess move option turned on.  Just hit 5th level with my party.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2007, 04:58:59 PM »

Explain.

I'm hardly a Civ expert, but to me, the best things about Civ IV are the gorgeous graphics and great atmosphere from a wonderful soundtrack and Leonard Nimoy's narration. The game mechanics were always brilliant but at this point they feel honed to something approaching perfection. Religion is one of the biggest things added in Civ IV. And the way your civ's Culture can spread out over the map. Great People are another fun addition, where folks like Leonardo Davinci or Duke Ellington will be born in your various cities and you can use them to help with research, trade, culture, etc.

Your military units now earn experience points which you can assign in almost an RPG fashion. (Do you want to give your Pikemen +20% Forest Defense, +20% City Defense, +10% Strength, etc.) Then there are Warlord units (from the Warlords expansion) that are like Great People for the military. They grant nice exp. point bonuses to whatever stack they're commanding.

Did Civ II have resources on the map? I can't recall, but that's a fun addition where you have to control things on the map like horses, iron, oil, etc. And only if you have those resources (or trade for them through diplomacy) can you create things like mounted units (horses) or war elephants (ivory). Diplomacy has also been fleshed out considerably, with more robust trade proposal options.

BTS adds a lot of cool additions like corporations and espionage. There are also random events that pop up from time to time (for example, a mine collapses and you have various choices for how to handle the cost of repairs.) Plus you can even get "quests" such as: Be the first to command a strong navy: build 5 triremes, 3 caravels, and 7 harbors. If you complete the objective, you can get bonus trade income, stronger naval units, etc.  I love working on these shorter term goals.

Plus BTS is loaded with some great user mods that I'd never tried before. The Rhyes and Fall of Civilization mod is extremely fun in the way it brilliantly models the planet Earth and the real course of history. Then there are a bunch of others I haven't even tried like fantasy or sci fi mods that are supposed to be fun.

If you haven't played since II, I bet you'd be pretty much blown away by how far the game has come.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 05:07:20 PM by rrmorton » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: