http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 03:17:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist: Memorial Day Edition  (Read 2762 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2008, 11:46:51 AM »

Well this is house/yard/whatever work weekend, but there should be some time for gaming.

I'm hoping to finish up Mass Effect this weekend.
I've also rented Devil May Cry 4 and hope to give that a spin.
I'm on the last mission of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin so hopefully I'll knock that off too.
Finally, I hope to fire up some COD4. I've only played once in the past 10 or so days (I know, crazy!)
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 12:17:29 PM »

We're having people over all 3 days.  So that means Wii Sports, Guitar Hero, and lots of Rock Band.

I have also downloaded version 3 of Magic Online in order to get back into it after about a three year absence.  Not sure if I'll get around to it this weekend but it's on my list.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 12:20:51 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Enigma
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 12:20:40 PM »

Well, I have a HUGENORMOUS backlog but I'm really tempted by all the hype in the Multimadness forum to get Age of Conan!

Backlog includes such items as:
Company of Heroes Opp Fronts
Two Worlds (need to finish up)
Bioshock, STALKER, World in Conflict and about 20 more great games I have NO TIME FOR!

Now Playing:
PS3: Demon Souls
PC:   Diablo III, Saints Row 3, Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery)
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 12:28:51 PM »

I started a replay of Final Fantasy IX earlier this week, and am about 8 hours in.  Trying to get through it before FF Tactics A2 comes out next month.   Also picked up Heroes of Might & Magic V and am trying to decide if I like it.

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 12:38:25 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on May 23, 2008, 12:17:29 PM

We're having people over all 3 days.  So that means Wii Sports, Guitar Hero, and lots of Rock Band.

Ditto.  Probably more of just Rock Band and some Guitar Hero.  I'll hopefully get some GTAIV in there as well...
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 12:40:19 PM »

I'm off to the beach tomorrow for a week, so not much. I'll try to get some GTA IV in tonight since I will do without it for a week. My sister says she is bringing her kids' Wii to the beach, so I guess I may get some time in on that if the weather isn't good. I'm going to bring some of my more kid friendly Wii titles with me for my nephews' benefit.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 01:11:33 PM »

Very excited to dig in for some great gaming this weekend despite the sun-filled forecast outdoors.

I hope to play through Penny Arcade Adventures, which became very fun once I gave up on the half-assed PC port and got it on the 360.

I'll be working on Grand Theft Auto which I've been neglecting for the past week or so, but if the TV gets claimed by the wife, I'll happily be returning to the land of Mount & Blade on the PC.
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 01:52:22 PM »

Well let's see...

Gonna try and do all of Stevie's car delivery missions in GTA IV

Really want to finished Uncharted.  I should be bitchslapped for not finishing it before.

Probably do some Wii Fit.

Probably do some Singstar on PS3.

I am installing two brand new video cards today so I am looking forward to finally getting started in Age of Conan.

And I might sneak a little Mario Kart and Final Fantasy Wiiware in there somewhere. 

Sad thing is I have to work most of the weekend.   crybaby
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 01:59:50 PM »

I have also downloaded version 3 of Magic Online in order to get back into it after about a three year absence.  Not sure if I'll get around to it this weekend but it's on my list.

I'd recommend against it - at least for a couple months. The complete re-write is pretty crappy, and missing features that were available in the previous version.
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 02:03:42 PM »

I will try to beat

PC: Doom 3

XBOX360: Crash of the Titans

Also, since I can't spend $20.00 on Penny Arcade Adventure, I will just go to my friend's house to playing and beat it. (Hope games not toooo long  icon_wink )
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 02:15:55 PM »

Quote from: DragonFyre on May 23, 2008, 01:59:50 PM

I'd recommend against it - at least for a couple months. The complete re-write is pretty crappy, and missing features that were available in the previous version.

That's the vibe I'm getting from the MtGO forums.  I figure it might allow me to reacquaint myself with Magic in casual games while they are getting the leagues and drafts working.  I haven't even looked at a card since the Mirage/Visions/Weatherlight cycle.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 02:34:09 PM »

I'd love to get some time on the 360 or PC this weekend but what little gaming time I get will probably be spent with my daughters on the Wii. MAYbe I can sneak some PSP time in to finish the last couple levels of Patapon (brilliant game!).

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 02:41:31 PM »

I'll probably be playing some GTA4 (haven't played that in a couple weeks), finish up what I can in Boom Blox and do some Wii Fit each day.

I'd love to play Age of Conan all weekend, but my CE copy still hasn't arrived from stupid Amazon so my early access account has been suspended until I put in a retail key.  Grr.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 02:41:43 PM »

Age of Conan

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 03:02:42 PM »

This weekend isn't a long weekend in Canada; that was last weekend. Like last weekend it's going to be a racing game weekend if I get any gameplay in at all. That means I'll try to get in some time on Forza 2 and DiRT and possibly even Mario Kart. I'm also going to upgrade my PC a bit, so some PC gameplay too.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 03:05:11 PM by kronovan » Logged
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »

I got Age of Conan on Wed, but so far I'm kind of meh on it. I'll probably mess with it some this weekend, but I'm actually more excited to continue with Uncharted, which so far has been brilliant. I'll also play:

GTA IV

MLB 08 The Show

Motorstorm

Rock Band (still brings a smile to my face every time I fire it up)

Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »

I picked up Age Of Conan yesterday and the first two-three hours didn't suck me in at all.  The plan was to play that as my main game this weekend, but not now. 

I probably will spend my time on GTAIV, Mario Kart, and WoW.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 03:39:36 PM »

Quote from: Torfish on May 23, 2008, 03:15:26 PM

I picked up Age Of Conan yesterday and the first two-three hours didn't suck me in at all.  The plan was to play that as my main game this weekend, but not now. 

Same here. I do think the combat and gore level is pretty cool, but so far it's just another MMO. I do plan to continue through the singleplayer (night mode) and see if things pick up after that. I'll probably get a month out of it, but after that, I'm not so sure.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 04:08:05 PM »

Cutting the Grass: The Game
String Trimmer Deluxe
Weeding V: The Weedening
XxXtreme BBQing
Opening the Pool: The Crystal Clear Water
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 04:35:30 PM »

bah,we dont have a memorial day...we just have a bank holiday this monday...we do have a rememberance sunday in November for WW1(mainly...poppy's and stuff) soldiers...but,as i said,thats a sunday...so no day off work for us

but these 3 days,the football season is over(Okay...soccer then disgust),and my team did good(man utd premiere league champs and champion league winners)...so its just F1 Monacco this sunday and hopefully Lewis Hamilton will come up good

games i will be fitting in hopefully...

Wii(thats right i said Wii)..FF:my life as king...metal gear solid twin snakes

360-GTA4(finished the story,but i really ought to start collecting shit)..COD4(online as always)

PS3-...i will see if anything decent got released on the store this week..although i dont think it was anything mega great

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 04:45:59 PM »

Tonight, Burnout Paradise with old college friends, any other time will probably be reserved for GTA IV, which I'm hoping to tie up before the end of the long weekend (14 missions left and some achievements I'd like to complete).  Saturday is reserved for 1st wedding anniversary stuff (even though Tuesday is the actual day).

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 04:54:33 PM »

Age of Conan.  Will be my push to hit 40 with Forge by Monday night.  12 levles to go

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 05:04:42 PM »

Hmmm... I'll probably partake of some fours... GTA and COD, namely.  Just got Super Mario Galaxy, so I may take that for a spin as well. 

I'll also be playing "Let's see if I can build a half-decent PC for my aunt using five stripped down boxes from the early Pentium 3 days"
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 05:18:53 PM »

GTAIV and No More Heroes for me.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
drake113
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 05:22:38 PM »

Well, the current Perfect Storm of releases has really overloaded my backlog, but this weekend, I hope to spend some quality time with:

GTAIV: I'm only about 30% done
City of Heroes/Villains: With all the new stuff that came out with Issue 12, I've got some exploring to do
Gal Civ II: Twilight of the Arnor: Back into my huge galaxy game I started a few weeks ago
Mass Effect: I haven't even *looked* at the DLC pack, despite the fact I grabbed it on release day
Command and Conquer 3: I want to get to a point where I can fire up Kane's Wrath without feeling guilty
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 08:26:01 PM »

i really want to finish up on gta 4 and a number of the extra stuff i have been putting off. 

if i touch anything other than the 360, i'll probably get a bit further in world in conflict's sp campaign.

good chance i might go back to mgs3 if i hit burnout point with gta 4 though. 

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 08:48:56 PM »

Well I work all weekend except sunday. On the plus side I get paid nicely for doing so. So my gaming routine won't change at all. I'll be playing Persona 3 and Age of Conan. Probably more towards Persona 3. Already 50 hours logged in and I'm not even close to the end. The story really hooked me.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 08:50:54 PM »

My goal is to finish Final Fantasy XII this weekend, and maybe go back to Mass Effect. I'll probably also putter around in Persona 3: FES.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 08:53:06 PM »

In order of estimated time playing:
WoW
Smash Bros
Shiren

If I have more time left over, maybe try to make more progress on GTA.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 10:21:03 PM »

Gonna try and push through a bunch of GTA4.  Going to spend more time doing the story missions, and less time doing the random crap.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 10:30:16 PM »

Backlog weekend!

After giving up on GTa4 (EFF you Snow Storm, and EFF Rockstar for creating such a great mission where fighting with the goddam motherfucking CameraofDoomkeepingyoufromseeinghalfthefuckingcopsithebuilding.....), I randomly grabbed a PS2 RPG  from my backlog - so I started Valkyrie Profile 2 last night and I will be playing that this weekend.  Of course, if I had more brains, I would have chosen a turn-based RPG instead of a Tri-Ace one, but I'm still having fun. 

Of course, I'll level up a couple of my monsters on Disgaea(Psp), and if  I get masochistic, maybe fail Snow storm a half dozen more times. mad

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2008, 02:14:35 AM »

i'll definitely be playing some more GTA IV during my solo time.  my brother is visiting from out of town and i'm guessing we'll get in some quality time with Rock Band while he's here.  other than that, i'm not sure if i'll get into anything else.  i'll be having fun with both of those though icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2008, 03:20:25 AM »

Made it through disc 1 of FF IX, but my disc 2 is apparently scratched and won't load my save.   Dammit!  icon_evil

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2008, 03:21:47 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 24, 2008, 03:20:25 AM

Made it through disc 1 of FF IX, but my disc 2 is apparently scratched and won't load my save.   Dammit!  icon_evil

tooth paste+soft cloth+water=possible fix

it can't be whitening tooth paste as that'll just scratch it more. failing that, medal polisher should work just as well.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2008, 03:26:32 AM »

I'm gonna be cozied up with GTAIV all weekend.
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2008, 03:30:11 AM »

Lots of stuff going on, but I'm hoping to spend a little time with Wii Fit, Age of Conan, Mario Kart Wii, and Final Fantasy IV.

nymanium
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2008, 05:55:19 AM »

Persona 3: FES, as it has been for the last several weekends and as it shall be for several more. And some The World Ends With You.
Goonch
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2008, 03:31:17 PM »

Despite my wishes, there were no excessive gaming binges for me this past weekend .

However, I did manage to squeeze in some time with Bioshock on the 360, Thief DS and Star Wars KOTOR on the pc.

It's time to wrap up Bioshock. I have been playing this game since launch, which was what...last August eek. That is 8 freakin months ago!

Thief DS and SWKOTOR were both repurchases for me. Why do I bother to sell or trade games? It is almost 98% guaranteed that I will repurchase that game.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2008, 03:40:05 PM »

Mission Accomplished  thumbsup

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2008, 03:51:45 PM »

Bought Bioshock on Friday, finished it this morning.  Made for a damn fine gaming weekend.   nod

Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to play for the remainder of today.  Leaning towards giving Persona 3 another shot to see if it grabs me.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: