http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 03:57:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist, Fools! 2/Feb/07  (Read 1520 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2007, 08:00:52 PM »

Still away from home so I'll probably get a bit of time with the DS. Have been playing Hotel Dusk.

It's a little slow (just entered chapter 3), but I love the game mechanics, the characters and how the story is developing. I know something is gonna happen just around the corner.

Other than that, probably nothing.  I've done very little gaming on this vacation- mostly due to The Hobbit and other activities, but I'm anxious for some 360 when I get back.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 08:06:57 PM »

I'm going to give Rogue Galaxy through the weekend and see if it grows on me.  I really want to like it, but I'm afraid the combat is just too twitchy for me.  Hopefully I just don't have the hang of it yet, and it'll 'click' with me this weekend.

Will probably put some time into Syberia and Diablo II as well.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
depward

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 08:07:59 PM »

Going to be able to finish up the first Phoenix Wright - PW has everything a game should be: a intriguing story, those moments in games that happen and make you all psyched up (i.e. TAKE THAT!  *Music starts going*  and you prove the witness wrong) & just a sense of happiness when playing.  LOVE IT.

Then I'll either move on to Hotel Dusk or the second Phoenix Wright.  We'll see.

As far as consoles are concerned, I'll play some more Zelda... and TML is coming down to visit so we'll probably hit up some Wario Ware & Wii Sports.

Repurchased Table Tennis for the 360 so I'll be playing that as well as some Gears of War & Lumines Live.

And then some WoW.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 08:18:30 PM »

I gotta finish up Zelda : TTP as my monthly rental is up at blockbuster.
I hope to get some RS:V on this weekend, and some Half-Life 2 : Episode 1.

Who knows, I might even start progressing in Enchanted Arms again. biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 08:19:48 PM »

This weekend looks like I'll have a lot of time for gaming. I plan on continuing my adventures as Jasper Rogue in Rogue Galaxy. I'm still on the first planet of Rosa, but the game has been everything I expected so far.

I also want to finish the fourth case in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I might even try to finish the entire game depending on how much free tme I have.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 08:24:22 PM »

Hotel Dusk mainly.  Hopefully I'll finish it (I'm in Chapter 8 right now).  Busy weekend though- selling my current gaming TV tonight so I couldn't play one of my consoles tonight even if I wanted to.  Then tomorrow it's helping my parents setup their new 65" Mits DLP and then bringing home and setting up the 42" DLP I just bought off of them as my new gaming TV.  After that though I imagine I will be checking out some 360 games on it and might start up Marvel Ultimate Alliance which I've been wanting to play for a while.  Maybe I'll check out Rogue Galaxy as well, but we'll see.

Plus, I've got the new 61" Samsung in the Living Room to spend some more quality time with and I'm reading Dan Simmon's excellent novel The Terror.  Lots and lots of fun distractions await for me!

Quote from: Andrew Mallon on February 02, 2007, 08:19:48 PM

I also want to finish the fourth case in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I might even try to finish the entire game depending on how much free tme I have.

Aren't there only four cases in PW2 anyway? 

EDIT- Nevermind, I see now you are talking about the first game, which does have 5 cases. 
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 08:36:55 PM »

Marvel:UA on the 360, and I'll split my time between EU3 and Guild Wars on the PC.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 08:39:32 PM »

Making the final push to finish Final Fantasy 12, finally slywink  I'm over 65 hours now, not including the 3+ hours I lost reloading over and over while trying to kill Roblon icon_evil I think I will be finishing up all the remaining hunts and espers this weekend (well maybe not those couple of crazy hard ones I saw in the guide).  I just finished Giruvegan and have put in several hours of leveling in the Necrohol, so my guys are all cresting 60 now.  Then probably will have to wait until next weekend to push through the last remaining plot stuff. 
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 08:42:41 PM »

Quote from: kathode on February 02, 2007, 08:39:32 PM

I just finished Giruvegan and have put in several hours of leveling in the Necrohol, so my guys are all cresting 60 now.  Then probably will have to wait until next weekend to push through the last remaining plot stuff. 

FWIW, you should be able to beat the game pretty easily with 60+ level characters. 

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 08:45:26 PM »

If any of you guys want to do some co-op on Marvel feel free to invite me.  Otherwise it looks like a weekend of RB6, GoW and Battlestations: Midway.
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 08:57:29 PM »

Anyone else attempting to play 3 hours of Halo 2 MP (see rule of 3 section)?

When I'm not doing that, I'll be playing COD2 trying to finish it on veteran.

- shaggy

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 09:08:07 PM »

I'm away for the weekend so any gameplay will have to be on the DS. After not being able to find Hotel Dusk yesterday I bought FF III instead; yeah! So that will be my gameplay for the weekend   icon_cool
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 10:13:48 PM »

I'm going to give Rogue Galaxy through the weekend and see if it grows on me.  I really want to like it, but I'm afraid the combat is just too twitchy for me.  Hopefully I just don't have the hang of it yet, and it'll 'click' with me this weekend.

first dibs on trading if you cant get into it !!! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 10:39:44 PM »

Vanguard, with some Rogue Galaxy and maybe some R6 Vegas thrown in.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 03:11:30 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 11:04:39 PM »

I am hoping to play Rogue for several hours one night and FF12 for several hours another night to decide which one I would most like to play first. Then some WoW and GoW with depward, and some NBA2k7 playoffs to finally get through my first year in association.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 11:07:58 PM »

Since I am still on the road with work, I will probably only be playing the stuff I have with me on the portables  (Hotel Dusk, Tony Hawk Project 8 for PSP, and my PSX rip of Final Fantasy Tactics on PSP) until Sunday where if I game at all at home, it will just be some random game I play because I feel like it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 11:14:56 PM »

A little Homeworld.  Maybe.  Might play some GRAW1 to stoke the flames for GRAW2 coming down the pike.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 11:27:12 PM »

I'm working on finishing Halo 2 for the first time, and once I do, I'll be turning my full attention to Rogue Galaxy.  What a great game so far!

I'm also playing through F.E.A.R. for the PC.  I was through a good chunk of the game during my first attempted run-through, but one of the patches came out and broke my savegames.  Another subsequent patch fixed the problem, but I decided to take it as an opportunity to start from scratch (it's been so long, I've forgotten much of the plot and such).

-Autistic Angel
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 02:06:04 AM »

When I get the chance I'll contune power leveling in FFXII. All my characters are level 15 except Vann who's level 11 so I'm trying to even him up. I'd like to get everyone up to around 18 or so before moving onto the next plot point so that may take me a while. Not to mention I need to just crank up the money so I can trick everyone out with solid armor. The good news is I love the RTS aspect of the combat system which makes it far more enjoyable, and retains the immersion better, than other games in the series. The bad news is I still hate having to PL in these games because I can devote a whole weekend to just that and need to do it again 10 levels later. Oy.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2007, 04:29:49 AM »

Probably some more Hotel Dusk and Rogue Galaxythumbsup

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2007, 06:29:29 AM »

finished metal gear twin snakes on the wii..so gonna start MGS2 on the xbox(cos it still isnt BC on 360).....continue some more of kingdom hearts....and try and kill last boss in final fantasy 1,and get some more time in on godfather

soon to restart enchanted arms

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2007, 11:34:26 AM »

Battlestations: Midway.  STUPID 3rd plane challenge.  No idea how I'm going to pull this one off.  Figure I'll finish the campaign.  At least I'm top 10 ranked for a couple of the challenges.

FIgure I'll play some Rogue Galaxy as well.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Dramatist
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2007, 03:44:05 PM »

I am "this" close to passing Jumping Jack Flash on 3 star in Elite Beat Agents and unlocking 4 star.  I hope to accomplish that this weekend.

I'll be too busy to play much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: