http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 10:46:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist: Father's Day Edition  (Read 1590 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:49:56 AM »

Now how many of you said 'It's father's day this weekend?!' Tongue

GT Gears of War tonight.  Probably some GRAW2 (my frustration is growing) and that's about it.  Might try the Overlord demo, but with Father's day who knows!
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 12:00:38 PM »

I definitely said 'its fathers day?'  Got to remember to make that phone call.

For the weekend, I'll be stuck at a desk from mid-8am each night, so probably a lot of random web games, possibly some Pirates of the Western Sea.  When not at the desk lots of Tenchu Z and possibly some Shadowrun if others are on and playing.  Might go for some BF2 also.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 12:52:57 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 15, 2007, 11:49:56 AM

Now how many of you said 'It's father's day this weekend?!' Tongue

The surprising revelation to me is that "It's Father's Day" now applies to me.  We already have plans to take both sets of parents out to dinner on Sunday and have already bought gifts but it just dawned on me this morning that Sunday is "my" day too. 

Of course I already have my Father's Day gift- my wife and I agreed that my PS3 would act as my present for Father's Day and my birthday (July). 
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 01:06:29 PM »

I'll be either working, playing soccer, or doing family parties all weekend.  Doubt I'll get any gaming in at all.  frown

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 01:12:35 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on June 15, 2007, 12:52:57 PM

The surprising revelation to me is that "It's Father's Day" now applies to me.  We already have plans to take both sets of parents out to dinner on Sunday and have already bought gifts but it just dawned on me this morning that Sunday is "my" day too. 

Zow that's quite a gift.  Is this your second one, the first having been installed in your Bentley, rich boy?

But seriously folks, I'm interested to get your impressions on the system KG. Of all the mooks around here (me included) you seem to be the most fair and balanced (non staff guy).
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 01:21:42 PM »

In order of my planned time investment:

I reverted my Flight Simulator X installation to it's pre-SP1 state since TileProxy works so much better that way.  I'll be continuing my virtual flight escapades this weekend.

I plan to continue working my way through Lost Planet.  I hope to mix that up with Forza.

And on the DS, I'm back to Metroid Pinball.  I hit a wall with Etrian Odyssey and needed to take a break.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 01:43:24 PM »

Mostly lots of killing and getting covered in buckets of blood in Tenchu Z and maybe a bit of Forza 2. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 01:45:37 PM »

Probably Forza again.  I may make yet another attempt to generate enough interest and motivation to defeat the final boss in Castlevania DS.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 01:49:05 PM »

Count me in as surprised it was Father's Day this weekend.  Not sure what my gaming will look like.  Will probably want to get in some Forza.  Will probably also crack into Shadowrun as well.  I will probably play some Pokemon Pearl as I am trying to catch the damned Mesprit in my game, which is a bitch to catch because he moves around constantly, has a low success rate in catching when you throw the pokeball, and uses Teleport as his first move (you need a pokemon with Mean Look or a similar move to keep him from running away, but my pokemon with this move is only in his 30s and the quick claw I gave him rarely works, so I keep having to try over and over).  I at least have him whittle down in health, so it will just be trying over and over again until I luck out and get the catch.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 02:19:14 PM »

Fathers Day doesn't apply to me so I don't even pay any attention anymore.  I'm stuck at work on Saturday, but on Sunday I plan on finishing up what has to be the last portion of Neverwinter Nights 2, but then again I thought the game was over and it surprised me.  Psychonauts should be out on Gametap, so I'll be grabbing that for a spin and I think I'll fire up Fable: The Lost Chapters on the 360.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 15, 2007, 01:12:35 PM

But seriously folks, I'm interested to get your impressions on the system KG.

It's a very nice piece of equipment.  The 1.80 firmware pushed me over the edge- $600 for an excellent Bluray player with very good DVD upconversion, a nice media streaming device, and (most importantly) the ability to upscale PS1 and PS2 games with the promise of some excellent software down the line (I'm a big fan of a lot of Sony's first and second party developers) was worth the money to me.  My eyes were wide open on the software front though- Resistance is the only game I own now (and I love it lots and lots), however I am looking forward to Ninja Gaiden Sigma (I'm finally going to try and reattempt the game after the original Xbox version bested me) and Lair in the near future and I might even get The Darkness for PS3 instead of 360 if only to play it on a 61" TV instead of a 46" TV. 

I'm not a multiplayer gamer so I can't speak to any deficiencies there but on the other side of the fence I think Sony has done a remarkable job catching up to all of the groundwork Microsoft laid.  I'm able to download demos and game videos, stream videos, pictures, and music from my PC just as easily as I can with 360's front-end.  There are still a couple of areas I'd like to see improved (background downloading during movies and PS2 games would be much appreciated) but I think they're showing a real commitment to aggressively catch up to Microsoft in services. 

It's probably not good for Sony that software was by far lowest on my list of reasons for picking up the unit but I'm very happy with my purchase in terms of a home entertainment unit. 
depward

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 04:08:13 PM »

Loads of Resistance & Motorstorm multiplayer.

Lots of Gran Turismo HD playtime - love that demo.

Albatross 18 stuff since it's 2x Pangya weekend.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 04:59:34 PM »

ahh,so Americans have Fathers day the same day as we do(unlike Mothers day for some reason)

this weekend,i think i will have to get back to Final Fantasy 7,not been on it for a week and i left my posse in the mythril mines,just after avoiding the big snake with the chocobo

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 05:22:38 PM »

I'll be playing "Extremely Tired Dad" this weekend.

That game kind of sucks.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 06:02:19 PM »

It's Dragon Boat Festival weekend here and that's going to take up most of my time. For what gaming time I have, my son and I plan on sampling many of the treats that the gaming candy store, aka Gametap, has to offer. Psychonauts is available on the service and I'll likely download it and get started on it. Also be getting in some play time with Streets of Rage 2, SF: Alpha 3 and Metal Slug 2.
So in a nutshell; mostly a classic gaming weekend for me. smile
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 06:24:34 PM »

I should get my racing wheel for fathers day so I will be playing racing games on Sunday Forza2, Burnout, and PGR.
This will be if it rains... icon_biggrin.If not then I will be at Cypress Gardens Amusement Parks.
other than that I will try to get in some Shadowrun and Gun tonight. and a little of everything tomorrow.

Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads. thumbsup 

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
PS3 Spinks
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 07:01:52 PM »

Finished the main quest of MW this week so going back to Oblivion. Had picked up MW Gold in Mar06 and played it off and on. Picked up Oblivion and got about 20hrs in before going back to MW to finish it up. Still plan on doing MW expansions but taking a break from it. Also plan on a bit of Titan Quest which I just picked up this week. Maybe a bit of Riddick which is the main FPS I'm plowing through now.

noun
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 02:59:50 PM »

I'll be working around the house and doing stuff for the family, same as always. Now that I'm finally getting into it, I hope to play more Saints Row.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2007, 03:12:07 PM »

Working today, but had time yesterday to play, and hope to continue my eclectic mix of gaming:
A little NBA2K7 (hope to play more of the series with Dep this weekend)
Birth of the Federation (still awesome after all these years, but so much micro of the colonies)
Sword of the Stars demo (still not sure what I think)
Trying (but not finding tons of motivation) to move on in Warhammer: Mark of Chaos.
Resistance (probably online with Depward)

I would also like to finally get into an rpg. I have really, really wanted to replay KOTOR recently-it would be my 3rd time I think-and I keep loading it up and staring at the character create screen. So I might do that, but I am so very behind on PS1/PS2 RPGs, and Rogue Galaxy is calling at me to start it-so one of those.

Finally, I am going to install Psychonauts, although I am not sure I am actually going to play it-purely because I do not have enough time do half the things I just listed.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on June 16, 2007, 03:12:07 PM

Finally, I am going to install Psychonauts, although I am not sure I am actually going to play it-purely because I do not have enough time do half the things I just listed.

hold off on that if you want to accomplish anything else on your list  icon_wink  I was playing around with the Gametap version last night and lost about 6 hours.

Because I can,
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2007, 03:52:44 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 16, 2007, 03:26:50 PM

Quote from: Calvin on June 16, 2007, 03:12:07 PM

hold off on that if you want to accomplish anything else on your list  icon_wink  I was playing around with the Gametap version last night and lost about 6 hours.

That will work for me CK, I have been in a bit of a lull when I burned out on Forza2 and waiting for DiRT and the only thing briniing me out was the old strategy games and thinkin about playing RPGs-so if this grabs me, great! (but I still MUST start an RPG this weekend).
Goonch
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 07:18:27 PM »

I mostly played GTA:San Andreas on the 360 and watched my 3 kids having a blast with Mario Party 8 on the Wii.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 07:28:17 PM »

Played a little bit of Ocarina of Time and then a little of Mario Party 8. Total game time for the weekend was probably an hour and a half.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 08:49:05 PM »

I mostly played Forza again.  And Puzzle Quest on the can, as usual.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2007, 08:58:32 PM »

Made it through about 2/3 of PoP: Warrior Within.

Once you get past the opener, its suprisingly good (if you manage to avoid showstopping bugs).

Oh well, small price to pay for going into Two Thrones with all the backstory.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2007, 09:36:16 PM »

I played a lot of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii this weekend, and while I'm not yet prepared to join in with the "BEST ZELDA EVAR!!1!11!one!!" chorus, I'll definitely agree that it's *excellent* so far.  It seems to have fixed all the problems I had with Wind Waker, implementing more intuitive solutions to puzzles and eliminating so much of the tedious filler (sailing around, mapping individual islands) with grandiose segments that enhance the emotional foundation of the story.

It's true that I sort of miss the exaggerated detail of the more stylized Wind Waker aesthetic, but just as I realized that the exaggerated, cartoony look was a good match for that game's tone, it's quickly becomming clear that the languid, fairy tale-like feel of Twilight Princess is just as perfect for its own plot.

I'm really looking forward to spending a lot more time with this game!  nod

-Autistic Angel
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2007, 10:02:55 PM »

damn near nothing played all weekend.  just some phoenix wright 2 in the "library" between readings of clive barker's "cabal".  good read

hey noun, want to do some mp saint's row sometime?  i haven't even touched that side of the game.  too busy hitting up all of the side missions.

DonD

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 12:14:41 AM »

A whole lot of Flight Simulator X.

A small amount of Guitar Hero II, Pinball FX and Forza 2.

And I started Psychonauts.

A decent amount of gaming this weekend.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 12:15:26 AM »

I finally finished Neverwinter Nights 2 and started Psychonauts on Gametap with a little Tom Raider Legend thrown in.  My consoles continued to gather dust this weekend.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2007, 12:26:49 AM »

I played the first 18 missions in Tenchu Z and I enjoyed it.  So there. 

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2007, 05:17:43 AM »

Got through around mission 18 or so on Tenchu as well.  Would have gotten farther... but I was determined to get a Ninja5 on the f'ing 'follow this guy' mission.  Which turned out to be pretty much impossible for me at the moment.  Did manage to get to, and beat, the mission that is in the demo.  That one was annoying too... up until I decided to take grenades on the mission with me.

Also played through most of Act II of Dungeonsiege: Throne of Agony.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2007, 08:55:52 AM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on June 19, 2007, 05:17:43 AM

Got through around mission 18 or so on Tenchu as well.  Would have gotten farther... but I was determined to get a Ninja5 on the f'ing 'follow this guy' mission.  Which turned out to be pretty much impossible for me at the moment.  Did manage to get to, and beat, the mission that is in the demo.  That one was annoying too... up until I decided to take grenades on the mission with me.

Heh, those were the two missions that were a pain for me, as well.  I gave up on getting Ninja 5 on the following mission, but I did finally beat that dang demo mission after dying at the boss several times.  I really wish they at least had a quick "Restart Level" option after you die, instead of going back to the main camp and having to pick it again. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: