http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 09:13:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist - 9/09/11 - Ten years gone  (Read 1005 times)
Kagath
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2011, 04:14:55 AM »

Nearly 10 years ago was the attack on the WTC and other buildings. Not going to dredge up old memories but I'm going to try and take a minute to remember the people lost, not just Americans, on Sunday. Was just starting college at GVSU and woke up to find this happening on the TV. Couldn't believe it. May the next 10 years be better.

Lightening the mood of the thread what are you planning on doing this weekend? Me? Well...

BadCo2 - 360 - Going to pick up Onslaught and try to get the last of the original game achievements (Demolish 2.0 kills and Knife 5 friends)
Dead Space - 360 - Try to finish this finally. Had it on the pile for so long now. Close to the end with only a couple (2-3?) chapters to go.
Halo: Reach - Going to try to finish this up for achievements too. Only need 3 more for a 100%.

What about you?

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 04:17:09 AM »

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dead Island and Warhammer 40K: Space Marine are all on deck on my PC, but I'm working most of the weekend so who knows.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 04:20:20 AM »

Warhammer 40K Space Marine
Resistance 3
maybe some Dead Island
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 05:06:44 AM »

Got Dead Island tonight. Expect I'll be playing a good amount of it.

Kind of feeling a draw to play Sword of the Stars as well.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 05:28:52 AM »

nothing planned,so i will prolly have a look into Black Ops and Battlefield BC2,and some Orange Box on my other gamertag

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 05:37:46 AM »

Might try to play a little Black Ops Friday afternoon and evening (wife is in Tucson), our softball circle of friends is having a guys vs. girls "grudge match" Saturday evening (the girls actually think they have a shot), and the EAGLES VS. RAMS SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Plus a metric shit-ton of studying.  I doubt I'll have much other video gaming time outside of Friday. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 11:04:37 AM »

Ravens vs Steelers grudge match on Sunday!!!!
Man City vs Wigan on ESPN3 on deck for Saturday

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine   -- Will try to get some MP in this weekend.
Back into Dragon Age;Origins.  Lost my saves when I built my new rig, so I am playing this epic again.

I was at work when the first plane hit the WTC.  I remember watching the second plane hit....   I've tried not to hate Bin Laden, but I am glad his last sight on this earth was a US Seal putting two into him
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:09:25 AM by Soulchilde » Logged

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 11:16:12 AM »

I'll try GoldenEye.  (see what I did there?)

I am stuck on the second to last level on the Wii version.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 12:39:07 PM »

Haven't played a single game all week, so I might actually see if I can keep that up through the weekend.  Utah/USC game is on Saturday, NFL on Sunday, and I'm still trying to wrap up Dance with Dragons.

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 01:36:39 PM »

Adeptus Astartes Multus Aleator

fixed spelling error  icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:50:02 PM by raydude » Logged

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 02:08:45 PM »

Pretty much all Disgaea 4 and a little King of Dragon Pass.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 02:12:37 PM »

NHL 12 demo to build up me l337 skillz for the game on Tuesday.
Start going through the material for my new class. First time taking a class since I graduated University six years ago.
Hopefully some Starcraft II.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 02:57:47 PM »

Planning on really focusing on Dead Island tonight. After raiding luggage for an hour like a TSA agent I moved on and explored some. I really want to devote three or four hours in a row to it. It seems like Dead Rising combined with Fallout only wonkier.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 03:22:02 PM »

I will be killing the enemies of the Imperium in the name of the Emperor.  And also playing my free copy of Dungeon Siege 3.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 03:22:09 PM »

Yes, let's all take a moment to remember the tragedy of September 11, 2001 and all the lives lost and lives affected.

What's my gaming weekend looking like? I'm working all day Saturday.. so whatever free time I've will very likely go to League Of Legends... and I need to push myself to make progress on inFamous; it might be the only console game I'll finish this year.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 03:51:58 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on September 09, 2011, 03:22:09 PM

Yes, let's all take a moment to remember the tragedy of September 11, 2001 and all the lives lost and lives affected.

I had actually forgotten to include our plans to acknowledge September 11th.  It probably won't be much different than years past, despite it being the 10th "anniversary", but every year we're typically together with friends, family, etc, and we always share stories of where we were, what we were doing, who we were with, the feelings and thoughts going through our minds, the impact it had on our lives, on the country's solidarity and patriotism, the importance of returning to sports like baseball and football following the attack to return to some level of normalcy and also remember the kinds of things that make this country so great.  I can still remember games being played following the attacks and the sheer emotion of watching our professionals go out there, and for once it wasn't about salary, the team, the championship, or anything else, it was about US, the collective us, fans, opposing team fans, players, managers, taxi drivers, commentators, children, adults, men, women, it was about Americans and our passion for all that makes us what we are.

I will remember September 11th, and the sports I'll be watching will be just as much a part of that.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 03:57:21 PM »

almost forgot that Sunday is one of the rare Sundays that I have to work, so at the very least I'll end up playing some 3DS/DS games this weekend.

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 04:12:26 PM »

Poker tonight, all day football debauchery at the bar on Sunday.  Saturday is rather open, as the GF is working open to close at the mall.  Tiger Woods is likely.  I might throw BlOps in for some shootyface, as Pete would say. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 04:18:51 PM »

Maybe some COD tonight, MW2 or black ops depending on what my friends list is playing.

Saturday I'll be at the U of M v ND football game, first night game ever at the Big House! My buddy got me a killer gig working as a shuttle driver for the home games, so I'll be driving drunk patrons around in golf carts before the game and then wandering the field as security during the game! It's awesome watching the game from the field.

Sunday I'd like to try and rent Deus Ex to finish it up. I've got to be near the end.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »

Driver: San Francisco!  smile   I will definitely play some more multiplayer and maybe try to finish up the single player if possible. 

I will also probably fire up Rock of Ages on Steam since I have played less than an hour so far.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 11:50:41 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on September 09, 2011, 04:18:51 PM

Maybe some COD tonight, MW2 or black ops depending on what my friends list is playing.

Saturday I'll be at the U of M v ND football game, first night game ever at the Big House! My buddy got me a killer gig working as a shuttle driver for the home games, so I'll be driving drunk patrons around in golf carts before the game and then wandering the field as security during the game! It's awesome watching the game from the field.

Sunday I'd like to try and rent Deus Ex to finish it up. I've got to be near the end.
You're in MI? Near Lansing/AA I'm guessing?

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 12:42:48 AM »

I'm in the Royal Oak area, I carpool down to the games with a friend who lives a half mile away.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 07:02:42 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 09, 2011, 04:17:09 AM

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dead Island and Warhammer 40K: Space Marine are all on deck on my PC, but I'm working most of the weekend so who knows.

Finished Human Revolution.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 07:28:47 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 09, 2011, 06:57:00 PM

Driver: San Francisco!  smile   I will definitely play some more multiplayer and maybe try to finish up the single player if possible. 

I will also probably fire up Rock of Ages on Steam since I have played less than an hour so far.

Still only about 40% of the single player done in Driver, but I did put several more enjoyable hours into it.  I also played several multiplayer matches and unlocked some stuff there, but there is more untapped fun to be had.

I played a bit more of Rock of Ages, but for some reason it just doesn't seem as fun as the basic concept should be.  I can't put my finger on it, but I had hoped to like it more than I do.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 12:55:45 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 12, 2011, 07:28:47 AM

I played a bit more of Rock of Ages, but for some reason it just doesn't seem as fun as the basic concept should be.  I can't put my finger on it, but I had hoped to like it more than I do.

Also picked up RoA over the weekend, and this sums up my feelings exactly.  It seems like something I should like, but just can't really get into.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 02:15:43 PM »

Did not get any real gaming time in at all due to visiting family. 

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2011, 02:20:05 PM »

Quote from: Caine on September 12, 2011, 02:15:43 PM

Did not get any real gaming time in at all due to visiting family. 

Same here. My weekend was 'DPS'. Didn't Play Shit. Was just too busy and tired to fire up anything.

(/Price is Right tuba sound)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: