http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 06:01:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist -- 8/6/10  (Read 945 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2010, 04:13:30 PM »

The weekend is here! For me, it's gonna be an effort-ful weekend, as I will work overtime and have decided to finish coding a personal film website. Lots of work, work. But I want to squeeze some gaming in there.. and it's gonna be League Of Legends and making progress on the Starcraft II campaign. How about you?!
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 04:33:38 PM »

Softball playoffs tonight and then a weekend of Red Faction: Guerrilla.  A few days ago the game was frustrating the hell out of me, having to replay missions over and over only to learn later that my morale was continually dropping each and every time.  The Collateral Damage missions were causing me fits, the controls have been difficult to adjust to, the maps leave a bit to be desired, and so far the voice acting has been mediocre and the story hasn't grabbed me just yet. 

And yet the game keeps drawing me back, and after completing a few more missions and finally getting by the first Collateral Damage challenge I think things might be starting to click.  But the only way to be sure will be to spend the entire weekend guzzling beer and destroying buildings before the wife comes back from D.C. Monday night.  Might want to also make sure the entire "honey-do list" is finished as well before she comes home to find a recyling bin full of cans/bottles and a house in complete disarray.   ninja   

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 05:17:23 PM »

Finish up Mafia in preparation for Mafia 2. Trying to get my WoW account unlocked post-hack as well. Not sure what else. I have Starcraft 2 but haven't started it yet.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 05:32:52 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on August 06, 2010, 05:17:23 PM

Finish up Mafia in preparation for Mafia 2. Trying to get my WoW account unlocked post-hack as well. Not sure what else. I have Starcraft 2 but haven't started it yet.

did anyone else get those emails saying about a faction change in WoW(Battlenet.com?)...i only played the trial of it and that was years ago!!

anyway this weekend i will prolly still be playing Nier..just made it to the second half of the game

and Just Cause 2..where all i am doing is getting 100% for places....and steering<<yes that's a pun.. well clear of the races,i hate races..and i have no idea why devs keep putting them in these kind of games

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 05:34:00 PM »

more SC2 on the pc, brotherhood in arms HH on the 360 and maybe TR underworld as well.

i've also decided to quit on crackdown 2 after one too many failed attempts to do the damned wingsuit races.  i can sail around the islands just fine, but the flaky controls do not suit a racing mode imo.  also, the roof races go from fun to abusing when you get to the third island. 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 05:36:23 PM by Caine » Logged

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 05:39:52 PM »

Tonight will be RPG gaming in the Pathfinder vein, tomorrow will be spent at a 4yo birthday party, possibly with Rock Band on Wii thrown in for the adults.  Sunday is open, other than going to the gym.  I finished The Lost and the Damned, so I'm deciding whether or not I want to play The Ballad of Gay Tony.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 06:10:57 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 06, 2010, 05:39:52 PM

Tonight will be RPG gaming in the Pathfinder vein

That sounds like lots of fun. Local group or playing online?

And once again, I'll be playing nothing but Minecraft, Minecraft, and a side of Minecraft.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 06:18:27 PM »

Local group.  I started playing alt Wednesdays in one group through a co-worker.  This game tonight was a player that was in that group, but left due to work scheduling issues and started an alt Fridays group.

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 06:35:55 PM »

Softball tournament again for me this weekend. I might squeeze in some Starcraft 2 or Rock Band 2 if I get some time.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 06:49:23 PM »

I'm finally playing Lost Planet 1, since a friend just gave me his Colonies edition. So far after 3 missions I'm enjoying it, but I can see where I'd be much more frustrated if I couldn't play it from the RE4 over-shoulder view. Story and voice acting is as cheesy as all hell, but it's kind of fun in a Capcom-RE-original kind of way. slywink My nephew's picking up the PC version this weekend, so we're likely going to try some co-op play over XBL and Live4Windows.
Other than that, I'll be getting some stick time in with Wings Over Israel.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 07:00:04 PM »

Transformers has moved into my top ten most played games according to 360 voice (38 days on which I played the game). Trend continues this weekend as I'm just 15 or so levels from being able to Prime.

Also, gonna dust off the PSP and begin War of the Lions.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 07:02:11 PM »

Pretty much Starcraft 2 again.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 07:45:40 PM »

Starcraft 2, Company of Heroes, and maybe some League of Legends.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 07:51:56 PM »

League of Legends with a side of World of Tanks
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 08:38:38 PM »

Still chugging through Persona 3 PSP, now at the 55 hour mark and 212 floors into Tartarus.  I think I'm getting near the end...am actually pretty ready to put this one down.  Especially since I'm getting my first PC upgrade in 5 years next week.  Both Starcraft II and Dragon Age are calling my name...  smile

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 09:18:37 PM »

Same as last weekend here: more Starcraft 2 and WoW.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 10:27:59 PM »

Some StarCraft II with my son and his friend.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 03:52:01 AM »

Birthday weekend will consist of World of Tanks, Torchlight, maybe something on the 360.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 07:28:14 PM »

with the help of this, i'm finally taking on the psp version of persona (to be followed by p2: innocent sin & p2: eternal punishment, the games i actually want to play smile )...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2010, 07:28:48 PM »

Seeing 'Collective Soul' in concert tonight then some MW2 or something for a little bit I'm guessing.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 09:38:14 PM »

Well, my playlist just got nerfed. I am posting this from the dentist's office in advance of a dual wisdom tooth extraction after 6 sleepless hours last night. I expect to be pretty well out of any game playing mindset for the next few days.

A bottle of Jack and a power drill would have been easier, but the wife wouldn't hold the mirror for me. Have fun all.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 12:27:59 AM »

Quote from: Caine on August 07, 2010, 09:38:14 PM

Well, my playlist just got nerfed. I am posting this from the dentist's office in advance of a dual wisdom tooth extraction after 6 sleepless hours last night. I expect to be pretty well out of any game playing mindset for the next few days.

At the risk of lulling you into a false sense of serenity, my quad-wisdom tooth extraction was a simple and completely painless experience.  I was kind of groggy for a couple hours afterwards -- I recall coming home and finding The 'Burbs way funnier than I remembered -- but I passed the rest of the weekend reading and playing turn-based strategy games.

Anyway, having just finished Just Cause 2, I'll probably play some more Uncharted 2 and maybe start Resonance of Fate this weekend.

-Autistic Angel
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 02:12:09 AM »

Been orb hunting like crazy in Crackdown 2 which is easily the best part of the game. Having finished it now, I'm less enamored with it. It's fun to just blow crap up, but that's pretty much all there is. Meh overall, but the orb hunting is, for some weird reason, like pure crack to me. I must find them all. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 02:55:34 AM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 08, 2010, 12:27:59 AM

Quote from: Caine on August 07, 2010, 09:38:14 PM

At the risk of lulling you into a false sense of serenity, my quad-wisdom tooth extraction was a simple and completely painless experience.  I was kind of groggy for a couple hours afterwards -- I recall coming home and finding The 'Burbs way funnier than I remembered -- but I passed the rest of the weekend reading and playing turn-based strategy games.

Anyway, having just finished Just Cause 2, I'll probably play some more Uncharted 2 and maybe start Resonance of Fate this weekend.

-Autistic Angel

it wasn't half as bad as they made it out to be going in, that's for sure. The biggest setback was due to losing sleep. I am pretty well wiped out and will be getting the senior sleep schedule (before sunset) tonight. The pain was very manageable during the procedure and it's dulled to a minor headache thanks to the vicodin.  

I might try for some gaming, but no twitchy stuff. Goodnight SC2, hello civ 4.

KC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 12:55:16 PM »

Too many errands this weekend.  No gaming for me.
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 01:36:38 PM »

I'm playing Limbo. It's definitely atmospheric and a little clever. For instance, moments like...

Spoiler for Hiden:
... when you see the person with noose around his neck and as you walk forward, you step onto the platform supporting him and it collapses, hanging the poor sucker.

xbox live: nude rick james
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 01:00:36 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on August 06, 2010, 05:17:23 PM

I think I may have done one mission in Mafia friday night, then saturday morning I got the email that my WoW account was unlocked and it was an all-WoW weekend from there on out. I probably played WoW for 14 hours of the weekend which is probably 3 times as much as I've played any game in a weekend in a couple years. I'm on the WotLK 10 day trial and abusing it fully. No idea if I will subscribe if I am done, but I'm enjoying it while I have it.

Still haven't seen any part of starcraft beyond the intro video.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 01:45:28 PM »

Someone over at OO introduced me to the Questionable Content webcomic, and catching up on over 1,700 strips pretty much destroyed my weekend. 

Fantastic comic, though.  smile

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 02:11:59 PM »

Played the 'Zombie Zerg' mission in Starcraft II on Saturday night. Sunday night I got my League Of Legends on. And I managed to be productive thru the weekend, also, so I'm happy with the results of the weekend.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »

Played World of Tanks, Torchlight, and the DLC's for Gratuitous Space Battles. Got a good meal on Saturday with my parents. All in all, pretty good birthday weekend.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 02:29:34 PM »

Friday's gaming session was cancelled due to player absences.  Saturday went to plan with the party.  There was a little bit of Risk before the kid woke up from the nap and then the cat destroyed Western Europe.  The evening was capped off with Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture DVD (2003).  I tried some of the Ballad of Gay Tony on Sunday and may stick with it.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 04:07:44 PM »

I didn't plan on this, but ended up pulling an all-nighter on Nier, Saturday night, as a result of the convergence of insomnia and addictive gameplay.  Thankfully, the insomnia was not due to dentistry, errands, work, or yet another damn birthday!  I couldn't play much the next day, but I'm heading back there today... every time I think I'm slowing on the game, I find something else i want to do.

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 04:16:26 PM »

I wound up playing a couple chapters in Uncharted 2, one level in Lego Batman to find minikits and a red brick, several songs in Rock Band 2 and two online games of Dawn of War II with SuperHiro.

-Autistic Angel
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 04:38:30 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on August 06, 2010, 06:35:55 PM

Softball tournament again for me this weekend. I might squeeze in some Starcraft 2 or Rock Band 2 if I get some time.

I ended up getting about 2 hours of RB2 in on Friday night.  Nothing else though.  I'm hoping to finally put a good dent in the Starcraft 2 campaign this week.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 04:43:54 PM »

Quote from: Caine on August 06, 2010, 05:34:00 PM

more SC2 on the pc, brotherhood in arms HH on the 360 and maybe TR underworld as well.

i've also decided to quit on crackdown 2 after one too many failed attempts to do the damned wingsuit races.  i can sail around the islands just fine, but the flaky controls do not suit a racing mode imo.  also, the roof races go from fun to abusing when you get to the third island. 

other than a bit of brothers in arms on friday, i didn't play anything more complex than bookworm on the iphone thanks to the teeth.  i've had enough rest since then, but i still feel a little hung over.  soft food diets blow btw. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 04:46:30 PM »

All PC weekend this time around: played some Starcraft 2 and Minecraft.  Also fired up Sacred 2 and the first Neverwinter Nights.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: