http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 06:40:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist - 7/05/13 - Independence Day Weekend Edition  (Read 370 times)
Kagath
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2013, 04:24:48 PM »

Happy Independence Day from those filthy guys across the pond! JK MO! Tongue

FarCry3 360 - Picked this up recently and been plowing through it. Almost at the end now I'm pretty sure. Scratched the 'needing a new game itch' quite well.
FalloutNV PC - Need to get back to this again.
Battlefield 3 360 - Finished the game on Hard yesterday finally. Had a bug that removed a critical weapon at the end of a level. Removed the game update5 and it fixed it making it reappear.

Be safe out there kiddies!

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 04:32:29 PM »

Got the itch to revisit Dragon Age 2.  Finishing up Act 1 (just hit the Deep Roads) and it's far better than I remembered it.  I think I was disappointed the first time because I had sky-high expectations that it didn't meet. This second play-through (without all the Day 1 hype) has been very enjoyable.  Sure the environments get repetitive, but the story is very solid and I'm really digging the characters.  Only problem is the somewhat ridiculous load times and odd framerate hiccups on PS3.

I've also been looking for an MMO to tide me over until FF XIV is released.  I'm burned out on all the "big name" ones (i.e. GW2, WOW, SWTOR, Neverwinter, Tera, Rift), and decided to give LOTRO another look.  Played it a few years ago and remember enjoying it...figured it was worth revisiting.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 04:39:34 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on July 05, 2013, 04:32:29 PM

Got the itch to revisit Dragon Age 2.  Finishing up Act 1 (just hit the Deep Roads) and it's far better than I remembered it.  I think I was disappointed the first time because I had sky-high expectations that it didn't meet. This second play-through (without all the Day 1 hype) has been very enjoyable.  Sure the environments get repetitive, but the story is very solid and I'm really digging the characters.  Only problem is the somewhat ridiculous load times and odd framerate hiccups on PS3.

I decided the game needed a new name after finally getting back to complete it.

as for weekend games, I'm starting to feel like I need a break from Skyrim, so I may fire up some Defiance on the PC and Forza Horizon on the 360.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 04:44:40 PM »

I'm playing... and I can't believe I'm saying this:

World of Warcraft....

And I also got into the Cardhunter beta!   WOOT!

oh..and also Animal Crossing of course.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 05:06:01 PM »

Skyrim.. playing the Dawnguard expansion
If I get around to it WoT beta on the 360

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 05:12:25 PM »

Started Final Fantasy 8 yesterday on my original PS2(oh yeah)

was expecting to give the weekend a miss with it because of Final Fantasy 14 beta,i have now heard that FF14 beta is lasting until 14th July unlike past weekends where it ended on Sunday...so Final Fantasy 8,the game that has always bugged me because i have never finished it,may get left behind,yet again

(i swear i do this with too many games,start them and then leave them....god knows what happened to the Morrowind playthrough i was on a few months ago  icon_confused  )

so yeah,to cut a long story short(too late)..Final Fantasy 14 beta this weekend,on the PS3

Quote from: Kagath on July 05, 2013, 04:24:48 PM

Happy Independence Day from those filthy guys across the pond! JK MO! Tongue

saywhat  

icon_lol

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 05:13:43 PM »

almost forgot, probably some Team Fortress 2 as well.  kinda been feeling the need to play with Sasha lately biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 05:33:54 PM »

I'll probably spend way too much time in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and then maybe a bit of Grid 2 when I need a change.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 06:24:43 PM »

Probably check out the WOT beta on 360 at some point. Try some Injustice: Gods Among Us 360. BL2 360, maybe some Warthunder or MWO.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Greg Wak

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 06:50:43 PM »

Torchlight 2 and some Telltale Walking dead. Talk about completely different.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 02:28:36 AM »

With GTA V still more than two months away, I've been jonesing for an RPG/FPS but nothing seems to keep me interested for long. This evening I decided to fire up Deus Ex: Human Revolution which, as I check the save games, I haven't touched since the beginning of September 2011 when I finished it on my first and so far only play-through. I've decided to give it another go and this time to make difference choices in conversations, augmentations and weapons, to as much as I can remember. I'm about thirty minutes into it and I'm realizing that I remember less from this game I just played two years ago than from when I re-played the original Deus Ex last year after not playing it for several years. That's the advantage of old age, you can't remember as well, so replaying games is more fun!  Roll Eyes

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 05:24:58 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on July 07, 2013, 02:28:36 AM

I'm about thirty minutes into it and I'm realizing that I remember less from this game I just played two years ago than from when I re-played the original Deus Ex last year after not playing it for several years. That's the advantage of old age, you can't remember as well, so replaying games is more fun!  Roll Eyes

I'm running into the same thing replaying Dragon Age 2 this weekend.  I remember very, very little of it...kinda seems like playing it for the first time.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 04:23:11 AM »

Pretty successful gaming weekend.  Got just shy of 30 hours into Dragon Age 2, think I'm about midway through Act III.  Glad I went through it again...the first time left a bad taste in my mouth and this runthrough has been much, much better.  Bioware can still do no wrong in my book.  smile

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 05:39:46 AM »

Quote from: Kagath on July 05, 2013, 04:24:48 PM

FarCry3 360 - Picked this up recently and been plowing through it. Almost at the end now I'm pretty sure. Scratched the 'needing a new game itch' quite well.
FalloutNV PC - Need to get back to this again.
Battlefield 3 360 - Finished the game on Hard yesterday finally. Had a bug that removed a critical weapon at the end of a level. Removed the game update5 and it fixed it making it reappear.
Finished FarCry and started and finished Battlefield: Bad Company 360. Restarted it on Hard now completing the first 2 chapters already.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 05:41:28 AM »

played a bunch of android games on the G3 and the little Roswell bit on Google.  spent my time offline mostly, but I did manage to keep up with the GMG sale. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: