http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 07:18:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist 5-22-2009: Memorial Day Weekend Edition  (Read 2042 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2009, 05:44:34 PM »

w00t!  extended weekend!  what are you playing?  I'm planing on some Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor, Fallout 3, Mass Effect and Rock Band 2, plus anything that I may pick up from the weekend sales.  I'm also going to see Terminator Salvation at some point.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 06:14:32 PM »

Lost Odyssey, probably try to finish up 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand. I do need to get back and finish up Shadow Hearts.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 06:22:42 PM »

Gonna rent something from BB, but I'm not sure what.

Would like to try killing zombies in cod5 too.

Maybe fall out 3.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 06:34:55 PM »

Headed out of town.  Nada.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 06:44:56 PM »

Headed to the beach.  Maybe some DS game with the gf.

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 06:46:55 PM »

plants vs zombies
rock band 2
Lord of the Rings Online

Perhaps one of my vast collection of barely played steam games or my vast collection of cnosole games that I buy despite the lack of time to play.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 06:47:52 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on May 22, 2009, 06:34:55 PM

Headed out of town.  Nada.

Ditto.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 06:51:21 PM »

not sure what i'll get into...quite a few backlog choices, but don't know what i'll be in the mood for yet.  a few of the possibilities...

Dead Space
Final Fantasy XII
Ninja Gaiden II (almost done)
HL2: Episodes 1&2

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 07:10:01 PM »

I finally got a replacement for my busted TV, so the question is, what *won't* I be playing.  There's a huge backlog I have to get crackin' on. 
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 07:16:55 PM »

So for my free rental I could have gotten Killzone 2 again or gone with the darkhorse: Terminator: Salvation. It's 3ps, is probably HORRIFIC, but I like the game style and the world. So why not?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 07:22:46 PM »

Working through the Strong Bad:  Cool Game for Attractive People series, and have become completely addicted to Fairway Solitaire.  Been messing around with both Mass Effect and Thief 3, but having trouble getting a ton of motivation for either one.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 07:28:27 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on May 22, 2009, 07:16:55 PM

So for my free rental I could have gotten Killzone 2 again or gone with the darkhorse: Terminator: Salvation. It's 3ps, is probably HORRIFIC, but I like the game style and the world. So why not?

I went to Blockbuster last night with the intention of getting Punch Out.  Unfortunately they were all out. So I ended up getting Terminator: Salvation on the 360 as well.  I fully expect it to be terrible.  But I also love the universe and have fond memories of playing Skynet on the PC years ago. 

When I've had my fill of Terminator I'll probably go back to Mass Effect and Rock Band 2.

I usually like to honor vets on Memorial Day Weekend by killing some Nazis. So I'll probably play some Company of Heroes or Call of Duty 5 on Monday.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 08:04:06 PM »

I'm going to clear out a backlog of some of my least favorite games: Open the Pool, Yardwork, and Clean the Basement.

Open the Pool isn't bad because there is this cool extra level called Swimming that unlocks after you clear the "Make the Water Not Stink" Level, but the level variety in Yardwork is friggin' awful. The Pull Out Weeds Levels totally suck. But I've beaten Open the Pool and Yardwork before, so I should be okay with them. I've never finished Clean the Basement, though. I always get stuck on the Sort Crap in Boxes level. The manual bites, and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. I just move stuff around for a while and then give up. I wish I could get my wife to play Clean the Basement co-op, but she hates gaming.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 08:06:50 PM »

Quote from: Godzilla Blitz on May 22, 2009, 08:04:06 PM

I'm going to clear out a backlog of some of my least favorite games: Open the Pool, Yardwork, and Clean the Basement.

Open the Pool isn't bad because there is this cool extra level called Swimming that unlocks after you clear the "Make the Water Not Stink" Level, but the level variety in Yardwork is friggin' awful. The Pull Out Weeds Levels totally suck. But I've beaten Open the Pool and Yardwork before, so I should be okay with them. I've never finished Clean the Basement, though. I always get stuck on the Sort Crap in Boxes level. The manual bites, and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. I just move stuff around for a while and then give up. I wish I could get my wife to play Clean the Basement co-op, but she hates gaming.

I wish I could get Mrs. Gratch to play any of those games co-op.  I'm always stuck going up against the final boss - Fitting It Around A 70 Hour Work Week-O-Matic - by myself.  That one is damn near impossible.

shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 11:40:33 PM »

Went to BB to see if they had Punch Out and there on the shelf was   inFamous so I'll be playing that this weekend.   Yes....

Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 11:57:17 PM »

Going to finish up Fallout 3, and possibly the campaign on Halo Wars.  Will probably play some Rock Band 2 and might start Infinite Undiscovery.  Wheee!!!!
mori
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2009, 12:18:02 AM »

Assassin's Creed
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2009, 12:45:35 AM »

godzilla this was hilarious, thank you smile

clean the basement is a total grind, there IS no way to finish it - youll constantly be trying to figure out where to keep all that old gear, and which other gear has to be rotated out for the new lootz
VegasD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2009, 12:59:51 AM »

Punch Out!! and the new EA exercise game.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2009, 01:36:09 AM »

More Crack, err I mean Sacred 2

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2009, 02:53:11 AM »

Bionic Commando, Team Fortress 2 and Everquest 2.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2009, 04:52:08 AM »

Sacred 2, Battlestations Pacific (co-op modes are very fun), Raiden Fighters Aces... who knows maybe some Battlefield Bad Company.

Should be a good weekend.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 05:31:56 AM »

Quote from: denoginizer on May 22, 2009, 07:28:27 PM

I went to Blockbuster last night with the intention of getting Punch Out.  Unfortunately they were all out. So I ended up getting Terminator: Salvation on the 360 as well.  I fully expect it to be terrible.  But I also love the universe and have fond memories of playing Skynet on the PC years ago. 

I've played through 4 levels (just less than half way through the 9) and so far it's a competent C list Gears of War clone.  It's by no means horriffic, but it doesn't break any new ground- however, the way one moves from cover to cover is much better than Gears imo.  It's totally repetitive and forgettable, but it's well worth the rental so far- especially since the achievement points are for completing the levels  icon_twisted.

If I was gonna put a price on this one I'd say it's a good 30.00 game. Maybe 25.00.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2009, 04:36:55 PM »

Quote from: DamageInc on May 23, 2009, 01:36:09 AM

More Crack, err I mean Sacred 2

Same here, I was caring for my Mom yesterday and only got to play later, for maybe an hour, before my eyelids were slamming shut.  icon_neutral

G-Blitz's gaming list should be mine also, but it's not going to be.  We don't have a pool and I can no longer do significant yard work, so those are out.  As for the Basement - I defy anyone to find a messier, more clogged-up Basement Challenge than I would be facing, should I decide to start that game.  I'll just use that as an excuse to not even try, lmao.

Sacred 2 here I come!   icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2009, 06:29:44 PM »

So far it's been a little Prince of Persia, Catan and Demigod.  Not a bad Saturday...

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Natjak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2009, 08:03:53 PM »

I finished the first Saints Row on Friday. Yesterday I went out and rented both Punch Out and Bionic Commando. Punch Out was fun for a bit but I can't see myself putting too much more time into it. Punch Out makes me feel old and slow. So the rest of the day will be spent with Bionic Commando.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 12:15:48 PM »

RB2

Plants vs Zombies

Jeff vs Plants (mowing)

KC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 02:07:42 PM »

Sacred 2
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 03:49:08 PM »

Fallout 3,Halo wars,Scene it..er 2,and Riddick

less than 2 weeks now until Sacred 2 icon_mad

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 12:57:15 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 22, 2009, 05:44:34 PM

w00t!  extended weekend!  what are you playing?  I'm planing on some Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor, Fallout 3, Mass Effect and Rock Band 2, plus anything that I may pick up from the weekend sales.  I'm also going to see Terminator Salvation at some point.

well, I got a couple of games in this weekend plus some Demigod single-player games, but for some reason time seemed to fly and I didn't get in as much as planned.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 02:01:58 AM »

Played a lot of Team Fortress 2 (annoyed that the random drops I got were mostly things I already had), and quite a bit of Bionic Commando.  Also played some of the Red Faction Guerrilla multiplayer demo.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 02:08:55 AM »

Did what I hoped. Also finally fired up the arcade disk that came with my jasper and tried out Pac Man Championship edition. It's pretty sweet. Not sure how anyone can get to 200k let alone 400k pts.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 02:34:08 AM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on May 26, 2009, 02:08:55 AM

Did what I hoped. Also finally fired up the arcade disk that came with my jasper and tried out Pac Man Championship edition. It's pretty sweet. Not sure how anyone can get to 200k let alone 400k pts.

Billy Mitchell says: "Some gamers look at high scores and wonder how they got so high.  Others see those scores and wonder why they aren't higher.  That second group has a name.  They're called winners.  Also, they only use Ricky'sTM brand sauce.  Be a winner, Sensuous Lettuce, not a Wiebe."

-Autistic Angel
Kev199
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009, 02:41:02 AM »

I watched the entire two seasons of Spectacular Spiderman today.  Enjoyed it.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2009, 12:02:39 PM »

Played plenty of LotRO. Got my Warden to 37 and Captain to 21.   

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2009, 12:57:23 PM »

Finished two more of the Strong Bad Episodes. 

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2009, 01:10:41 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on May 23, 2009, 05:31:56 AM

Quote from: denoginizer on May 22, 2009, 07:28:27 PM

I've played through 4 levels (just less than half way through the 9) and so far it's a competent C list Gears of War clone.  It's by no means horrific, but it doesn't break any new ground- however, the way one moves from cover to cover is much better than Gears imo.  It's totally repetitive and forgettable, but it's well worth the rental so far- especially since the achievement points are for completing the levels  icon_twisted.

If I was gonna put a price on this one I'd say it's a good 30.00 game. Maybe 25.00.

I agree with your assessment.  I made it through 5 chapters and couldn't go any farther.  The only reason I even considered it was for the cheap Achievement points.  But even that couldn't persuade me.  icon_biggrin  You literally fight the same encounter 50 times during the game.  I just got tired of it.

When I went back to Blockbuster to get something else they were out of just about everything due to the holiday weekend.  So I ended up getting Too Human.  For whatever reason the combat with the right stick just clicked with me this time and I had a blast and made quite a bit of progress last night.  I may actually finish the game after all.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2009, 01:27:29 PM »

I played Lord of the Rings Online (as usual) and I also played through two chapters of Dead Space, what a great game to show off why surround sound is important. Who ever worked on the sound and coding the surround elements deserves an award.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2009, 01:48:24 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on May 22, 2009, 06:46:55 PM

plants vs zombies
rock band 2
Lord of the Rings Online

Perhaps one of my vast collection of barely played steam games or my vast collection of cnosole games that I buy despite the lack of time to play.

Well I started the second run through the plants vs zombies adventure mode, so far still too easy.

Other than that, I bought UFC: Undisputed and played that exclusively. So much for plans or backlogs.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2009, 02:15:27 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on May 26, 2009, 02:34:08 AM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on May 26, 2009, 02:08:55 AM

Billy Mitchell says: "Some gamers look at high scores and wonder how they got so high.  Others see those scores and wonder why they aren't higher.  That second group has a name.  They're called winners.  Also, they only use Ricky'sTM brand sauce.  Be a winner, Sensuous Lettuce, not a Wiebe."

-Autistic Angel

slywink

When I wrote that, I thought you had to score 200k pts in 5 minutes. I've seen since that there are 10 minute rounds.  200k already fell to my mighty left thumb. 400 can't be too far behind can it?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: