http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 04:30:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend playlist 30/Mar/07  (Read 1568 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2007, 12:03:33 PM »

Having finished the LACKLUSTER SP campaign in Rainbow Six: Vegas last night, I'm looking forward to playing MP tonight with hopes that it will prevent this game from being a disappointment overall. All are welcome by the way (check the thread in the MP forum).

Might fire up GRAW and start playing that.  Battlestations Midway is also a possibility.

I'm hesitant to start God of War 2 for real as I know it will be the only thing I play for the most part until I complete it.  Want to knock out some partially finished games first.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 12:06:21 PM »

going to see Ben Folds for free tomorrow, so I probably won't have too much gaming time. Godfather Blackhand still is the king around here, and I may get in some PSP or DS action while travelling to Charlottesville for the show. Then again, I am feeling miserable today, so maybe I will just play some games now.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 01:17:10 PM »

Vagrant Story replay has been dominating my time this week and I expect that to continue through the weekend.  Kind of burned out on GRAW 2 after getting minorly stuck in a spot in Act 3.  I'd like to push through that though and maybe finish up the campaign this weekend. 

Will probably pick up C&C3 before Sunday to take advantage of this week's sales but I most likely won't even install it this weekend. 
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 01:33:41 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 30, 2007, 01:17:10 PM

Vagrant Story replay has been dominating my time this week and I expect that to continue through the weekend. 

I need to try that one again.  Got frustrated with the constant weapon switching for every battle and put it down.  After playing through FFXII (which has a similar art style that I love), it might be time to fire it up again.

I'm going to try and find a copy of Viva Pinata today.  Played the demo for a couple hours last night and absolutely loved it.  Will also spend some time with Enchanted Arms, might actually try my hand at some multiplayer Gears of War, and of course, Puzzle Quest.  Gonna be a full gaming weekend!

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 01:40:54 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on March 30, 2007, 01:33:41 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 30, 2007, 01:17:10 PM

Vagrant Story replay has been dominating my time this week and I expect that to continue through the weekend. 

I need to try that one again.  Got frustrated with the constant weapon switching for every battle and put it down.  After playing through FFXII (which has a similar art style that I love), it might be time to fire it up again.

Yeah, it's amazing how much like FFXII it feels at times.  This is, I believe, my third replay of VS.  It's a hard game to love but worth it in the long run IMO.  I learned a few things this time though that have made it far easier than it has ever been before (I used to think it was kind of hard).  I'm mopping the floor with bosses that used to be epic 15-30 minute fights.  So be sure to start up a thread if you decide to give another try and I'll try to summarize the strategy that has made it very enjoyable to me. 
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 01:55:47 PM »

I'll probably continue feeding my Silverfall addiction and maybe dabble with a little Worms on the Xbox and Puzzle Quest on the DS.

And Peggle with my daughter has become a daily routine for 10 or 15 minutes.
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 02:02:49 PM »

Quote from: rrmorton on March 30, 2007, 01:55:47 PM

And Peggle with my daughter has become a daily routine for 10 or 15 minutes.

Chris Hansen of Dateline NBC just read this and is setting up a sting operation.

I'm visiting family in NC this weekend, so I'll play whatever Ralph-Wiggum offers me (most likely Guitar Hero II). I also want to check out Gothic 3 on his new PC.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 02:15:35 PM »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and a re-install/restart of Oblivion for me.  I tried install Franscesco's Mod for Oblivion last night and it kept crashing on me when I left the beginning dungeon so I'm giving that the boot and just play vanilla Oblivion with all the downloadable content and Shivering Isles.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 02:17:06 PM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on March 30, 2007, 02:02:49 PM

I'm visiting family in NC this weekend, so I'll play whatever Ralph-Wiggum offers me (most likely Guitar Hero II).

That would be God of War II. I think Adina would like the decapitations.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 02:25:17 PM »

I'm not really sure.  I need to look at the list.  I also finished R6V last night so probably some Test Drive Unlimited (still not giving up hope of an invite into the GT car club) and some Battlestations Midway on the 360.  I bought GRAW but I'm gonna wait on ATB's impressions before I decide to take it out of the cellophane.  I have to reformat my hard drive, so I'm tempted to install something old out of my backlog for the PC.  But what?

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 02:32:03 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on March 30, 2007, 02:25:17 PM

Test Drive Unlimited (still not giving up hope of an invite into the GT car club)

Send me the disk and I'll invite you to the GT car club, then send it back so you can join, then you can send it back to me so I can make you the leader. slywink

for me it'll be another weekend of Silverfall and Puzzle Quest.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 03:28:51 PM »

STALKER will likely dominate my play time this weekend.  Although I'd like to get some time with GRAW 2 as well.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 03:33:31 PM »

Probably continue my Puzzle Quest addiction with some WoW & Puzzle Pirates inbetween.

Hopefully play some console games like Cooking Mama for the Wii & Zelda.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 07:49:26 PM »

Mainly Puzzle Quest.  Some Guild Wars and Titan Quest.  But mainly Puzzle Quest.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 08:35:40 PM »

C&C
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 09:21:06 PM »

AIR!!!!

My first weekend off in a month. W00t. The result will see me relaxing plenty and trying to finish off God of War 2, though that damn ramp sequence is doing its best to foil me. After that I would love to crank FFXII back up and see how far I can get in that.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 09:59:18 PM »

WHOO-HOO!!!! Beat "The Ramp" down. Holy Christ is that one a tough sequence, but once you figure out the strategies necessary along with a hearty dose of luck then it's smooth sailing. I was on fire just now and let me tell you, it was painful.

FOR MY FOES!!!!

/maniacal laughter

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 10:01:51 PM »

Not much time this weekend with upcoming business launch and job interview Monday, but I'm hoping to get in some time with Atelier Marie.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 03:31:26 AM »

I'm going to continue killing aliens, bugs and robots in Earth Defense Force 2017 and then maybe go to work in SSX Blur if I can convince myself to play it again.  Which never seems to happen.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 04:14:18 AM »

i'm working all day saturday, so not a lot of gaming for me.  i may get a little time in with Castlevania:SotN and Oblivion though...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 04:21:01 PM »

No work this weekend! My playlist:

Command and Conquer 3
Titan Quest
GRAW 2
Rainbow 6 Vegas
warning

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 04:41:38 PM »

I'm replaying Deus Ex for the third time thank you very much.  God I love this game.  I decided to mix things up a bit so I installed the Shifter Mod which is really nice and makes a lot of cool and sensible changes to the game.

And I'm working on Wild Arms for the PS1.

And I'm working this weekend so I'm not likely to get far in either game.   icon_cry
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 11:19:09 PM »

Vegas, Earth Defense Force 2017 (hopefully more split-screen with papa smurff), puzzle crack... err.. quest.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: