http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 11:01:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist 26/Jan/06  (Read 1961 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2007, 02:41:52 PM »

I'll be pitching a shutout for the next 10+ days as it's vacation time and I'm taking nothing games related.

Today though, I'll probably get in a little Phoenix Wright, some Hotel Dusk and maybe a little COD2.

After that....books, magazines, conversation...The Rockford Files on DVD... but no gaming whatsoever.

Possibly no GT either  eek
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 03:12:20 PM »

Top priority is putting Majora's Mask to bed.  Then I should be focusing on Hotel Dusk, which started really slow but is finally starting to get more interesting. 
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 03:30:53 PM »

I am sooo unfocused gaming-wise. I put in a different game every time I boot up the 360.

Maybe this weekend I'll start a few more games, I have a sealed copy of Gears of War and used copies of Tomb Raider and the last Splinter Cell which I haven't ever booted up yet along with a bunch of games that I've barely started like Just Cause, 99 Nights and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Then again my gamerscore is exactly 10000 and I like that. Maybe I'll just stop gaming altogether!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 03:32:29 PM »

Quote from: ATB on January 26, 2007, 02:41:52 PM

Possibly no GT either  eek

is that a promise?  Tongue

probably a light gaming weekend for me, maybe some Vegas or GoW MP tonight.  I picked up the Alias 5 season boxed set (the one that looks like the Rambaldi(sp?) cube from the show) for $100 bucks used yesterday so I plan on watching alot of that.

Since I'm looking at getting a new PC at the end of February I'm holding off on any PC games (unless I resub to WoW) so I can enjoy them in their full graphical glory (hopefully).

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 04:04:48 PM »

probably a light gaming weekend for me, maybe some Vegas or GoW MP tonight.  I picked up the Alias 5 season boxed set (the one that looks like the Rambaldi(sp?) cube from the show) for $100 bucks used yesterday so I plan on watching alot of that.

Isn't the Rimbaldi box the entire series, not just season 5?
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 04:07:07 PM »

I plan on finishing Final Fantasy III this weekend. All my guys are at level 52 and I think I'm at the beginning of the final dungeon. If I finish it and I'm still in the mood to game I'll probably go back to playing the first Phoenix Wright. I have two cases left.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »

Quote from: Andrew Mallon on January 26, 2007, 04:04:48 PM

probably a light gaming weekend for me, maybe some Vegas or GoW MP tonight.  I picked up the Alias 5 season boxed set (the one that looks like the Rambaldi(sp?) cube from the show) for $100 bucks used yesterday so I plan on watching alot of that.

He said 5 season box set not season 5 box set. smile

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 04:14:33 PM »

I finished The Longest Journey yesterday, so I'll probably either put more time into Indigo Prophecy or Syberia over the weekend.  Not sure how much I like Indigo Prophecy (the story and gameplay are unique, but clunky controls are aggravating), so it'll probably be Syberia.   Also picked up Battle for Middle Earth 2 yesterday, so I'm going to make a concerted attempt to get back into RTS's.  Played through the tutorial missions last night and was pretty 'meh', but I suppose that's to be expected. 

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 04:20:24 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on January 26, 2007, 04:14:00 PM

yeah, it's all 5 seasons plus a hidden disc that I almost missed.  what' crazy is that there were selling the first 3 seasons in a box set for 40 bucks more, and that set was used too.

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 04:26:10 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on January 26, 2007, 04:14:33 PM

Not sure how much I like Indigo Prophecy (the story and gameplay are unique, but clunky controls are aggravating), so it'll probably be Syberia.   

Hope you have Syberia 2 standing by.  Syberia 1 doesn't really have an ending so much as it just sort of stops. 
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 04:27:48 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on January 26, 2007, 04:14:00 PM

Doh! Reading comprehension FTL! Still, this has got me interested in watching Alias again. I watched the first season and enjoyed it and I have the second season sitting around here somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 04:29:28 PM by Andrew Mallon » Logged
depward

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 04:29:35 PM »

For some reason I'm actually JONESIN' for some Enchanted Arms.  My Xbox Live profile tells me the last time I played it was in September... so that'll be interesting giving that another go.

And of course I want to get as far as possible into Zelda for the Wii along with some other Wii titles (WarioWare and VC games).

I'll probably be playing a nice amount of multiplayer GoW.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 05:26:16 PM »

I'm ditchin town to hang with the Mrs. at a resort in Woodstock, NY so no gaming for me.

If I was staying home I'd be jumping into Vanguard but that'll have to wait.

So long, suckahs.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 05:46:09 PM »

WoW.  Dammit.

gellar
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 06:25:58 PM »

I've got two more cases in the first Phoenix Wright, the third tier of Expert on GH2 and, inevitably, more Halo.  Always with the more Halo.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 06:45:28 PM »

I don't even know.  I have been on a game-buying binge lately.  I would like to finish Marvel Ultimate Alliance but I don't see that happening.  I would also like to finish the 2-star level on Elite Beat Agents.  I am supposed to play some Company of Heroes tonight with friends.  I would like to check out the MP demo of Battlestations:  Midway tonight, maybe 8ish, if anyone's interested (please refer to appropriate thread in the MP forum).  What else?  I'm currently playing Castlevania:  Dawn of Sorrow, Disciples II, Advance Wars:  Dual Strike, and I can always kill some time with Mario Kart DS.  And I'm pretty sure I have plans with my girlfriend part of the weekend.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 07:07:42 PM »

The kids are away for the weekend so I'll actually get a chance to play.  icon_wink

Wii: I rented Red Steel again so I'll be trying to finish my saved game then some LOZ: TP.
PS2: A friend just gave me Star Ocean, so I'm going to give it some play time. Liking it quite a lot so far.
XBox: I also just traded Jade Empire Ltd for Doom 3 Ltd, so I'm going to give it whirl.
PC: If there's anytime left I'll try to get some time in on Titan Quest or SW: Empire at Large.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 07:16:50 PM »

I'm planning on picking up Europa Universalis 3, so that will probably dominate my gaming this weekend.  I will probably mix in a little Marvel and Gears MP for variety.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 07:52:13 PM »

Probably try and finish up Gun on the 360, may start Battle for Middle Earth II.  Play some more BF2 on the 360, finally got another medal last night so that's upped my desire to play again.  Most likely put some time in on Dungeon Siege and Pirates! on the PSP.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 08:05:12 PM »

If I get my 360 back, a little 360 love, and Zelda.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 10:17:32 PM »

This evening I'm going RPG shopping to get Final Fantasy III and plan to put some time into that, along with Atelier Marie.

And maybe some Civ IV.  I'd like to watch some Mission: Impossible Season 1, but it hasn't arrived at B&N yet (so I can get the 2 for 1 deal).  Maybe tomorrow.

Now playing: Suikoden 2 [PSX], Neverwinter Nights 2 [PC]
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 11:19:57 PM »

Try the midway demo on the pc
Start Bully on PS2

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007, 11:43:51 PM »

Quote from: depward on January 26, 2007, 04:29:35 PM

For some reason I'm actually JONESIN' for some Enchanted Arms.  My Xbox Live profile tells me the last time I played it was in September... so that'll be interesting giving that another go.

i was actually thinking the same thing...haven't touched Enchanted Arms since 10/1 when i reached the only part in the game where you actually have to go level grind a little before you can make the final run to the end.  i'm at the run-up to the final battle and really would like to see how it all ends...was really enjoying it until i didn't feel like grinding and got distracted by a couple other games (finished GRAW, then got into SC:DA and GoW).  eM really is a great game and i'll definitely be popping it back in soon...have to see the end of the story and check out the game on my HDTV icon_cool

other than that, i've been on a PGR3 kick recently and will probably put in more time with it this weekend, as well as the usual GoW and probably some TH:Project8.  so many good games to play and so little time...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2007, 01:35:13 AM »

NBA2K7 (by myself most likely knowing you bunch)
GoW multi
Saints Row
Lost Planet
FF12? (crosses fingers).
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2007, 02:08:49 AM »

I'll be giving the Lord of the Rings Online stress test a try or two, as well as trying to make some more progress in Ratchet & Clank and possibly a bit more of God of War if it doesn't keep annoying me.  I would most certainly be playing the Crackdown demo if I could ever get it to download, but it continues to defy me.  Curses!

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2007, 05:37:49 AM »

Have already played a bit of Wii Sports today and got my first taste of the Wii version of Super Mokey Ball while visiting some family this evening.

Gonna have some friends over for some more Wii action Saturday night - Wii Sports and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves being the prime contenders.

Plan to make a bit more headway into Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on Sunday and will likely be renting Marvel: Ultimate Alliance sometime this weekend to see if I like it.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2007, 06:31:10 AM »

been playing final fantasy 1 on the GBA(DS)at work....been kinda flying through it,all monsters are dead in two hits..even boss monsters...i think maybe it was dumbed down for the GBA,as it just seems a little too easy,not that i am complaining,i am loving it....got my airship,and now i am in the castle in the sky.or something like that...my time is 12hrs up to now

i really have to get back to kingdom hearts 2,i left it at Tron world when lost planet came out...and havent been back on since,got to pick up the thread again

and also,having a great time on the godfather on 360,so will get on that as well

(oh,and Doom on xbla and mario kart 64 on Wii vc...damn,its gonna be time for work again(monday) before i know it!!)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2007, 07:29:44 AM »

Hotel Dusk on the DS.  Not sure what else -- maybe some more Still Life on the PC.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2007, 02:50:15 PM »

Bah.  After last night's gaming session, I'm officially done with both Winning Eleven 9 and Indigo Prophecy.   Just can't get into either of them.  So I'm going to go repurchase Oblivion with the Knights of the Nine stuff, and start up again.  I can't decide if I want to keep going with my existing character (I've beaten the main storyline, but still have tons of extra stuff to do) or start fresh with a new build.

Decisions, decisions...

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2007, 02:52:58 PM »

My weekend will consist of battling the demon known as Windows Vista Ultimate and getting it to work properly with my games....    icon_frown

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2007, 03:08:38 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on January 27, 2007, 02:52:58 PM

My weekend will consist of battling the demon known as Windows Vista Ultimate and getting it to work properly with my games....    icon_frown

I was wondering how that was going.

Because I can,
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2007, 07:01:10 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on January 27, 2007, 02:52:58 PM

I've had no trouble with Ultimate RTM and the games I'm playing (most of which are recent - Company of Heroes, EU3, etc).  What're you seeing?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: