http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 01:59:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist 23/Feb/07  (Read 1462 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2007, 12:22:57 PM »

I have a feeling it's gonna be a sparse gaming weekend as I have no plans for marathons (though i could get sucked in).

Maybe Battlestations: Midway   (an underappreciated title if ever there was one) tonight, but if there's no group I'll just play sp or  what I'm again obsessed with:

God of War.  I'm going through again on God mode.  So far so good.

Nothing in the DS I want to touch, but may play a little Phoenix Wright 2.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 12:38:54 PM »

I have one, and only one project:
Get as much time into Final Fantasy XII as possible! I would love to get 12 hours or so this weekend since I played a grand total of 15 minutes this entire week of all games combined (this has nearly killed me btw). So, I will be eschewing all else for FF.

I plan to play some Burnout Revenge for our GT saturday night thing, and likely will try a little BF2142 at some point, but not a lot.

I will also pick up Supreme Commander at some point this weekend and give it some time-but again, not very much.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 03:27:20 PM by Calvin » Logged
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 01:07:47 PM »

Ah, weekend.

GTFE has gotten me hooked on God of War so I'd like to take a sizable chunk out of that one.  I imagine I'll also play some Battlestations Midway.  I'd like to put some more time into Test Drive Unlimited also.

Maybe I'll play some Castlevania DS while the girlfriend watches American Idol on the DVR.

Friday night?  If I get home early enough I'll play whatever MP the group is into.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 02:46:46 PM »

Final Fantasy XII will be my primary focus with Lunar Knights getting some portable love. 
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 02:50:45 PM »

Supreme Commander will get a bunch of time here while it still can.

Baseball season fast approaches, and then things will go all to hell with my time management.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 02:57:11 PM »

I'm playing more Rainbow 6 Vegas, trying to get past Staff Sergeant online, but I suspect that my brother and I will play some more Star Trek Legacy and Battlestations Midway. MIGHT squeeze in some Perfect Dark Zero, which I am determined to finally start playing.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 02:58:48 PM »

FFXII as well, plus Lunar Knights and FFVI on the DS. I swear to you here and now - I am never playing three role playing games at the exact same time again for as long as I live. Oh, and continue cleaning up the house to get it ready to sell. Woot.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 03:22:47 PM »

I'm going to try and finish up Crackdown and make some headway in either Zelda or try to finish the following:

Just Cause
SC: Double Agent
Gothic 3
Cold Winter
God of War
Sin Episodes: Emergence

If I see Burnout at EB I may grab it on the cheap.  I rented it awhile back and liked it but that would add a 36th game to my backlog....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
warning

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 03:24:56 PM »

I'm about 5 hours into Okami.  I think I'll play a lot of that this weekend.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 03:25:31 PM »

More Final Fantasy VI (what an incredible, awesome, outstanding, amazing game) and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for me.  I swear, I've spent more time with my DS in the last 2 weeks than in the previous 6 months combined!

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 03:39:47 PM »

My kids are with me this weekend so anything goes.  Will probably be playing MVP NCAA 2007 with my son.  Of course there will be the required NHL games.  We are also going to fire up Wii Play for the first time.  And some more Warioware Smooth Moves competition will probably take place.  My daughter will also probably continue her trek through Halo 2.  Sunday night after they go home I plan on hunkering down with some Enchanted Arms, Battlestations Midway and God of War.  I still have not found the time to fire up Rogue Galaxy yet and I can't wait since this is my type of game.

My weekends are always a mish-mash of game playing.  I don't stick to one game and play it through to the end.  I constantly alternate from game to game each night, often times playing many different games a night.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 03:57:33 PM »

Im hoping to play my Theremin for most of the weekend... but when In between that its CRACKDOWN BABY!

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 04:08:47 PM »

If this week will be any indication, I'll probably be lucky if I can power up my 360 to check messages and just see who's online, wishing that I too could be playing a game instead of entertaining in-laws.  Yesterday the in-laws and grand-in-laws were in Scottsdale for the Arabian Horse Show.  They weren't supposed to get home until late in the evening, giving me a much needed night of gaming, drinking, and most importantly, peace and quiet.  My wife and I were going to stop by the grocery store, pick up a few bottles of wine, I'd make my world-famous spaghetti, we'd have a nice dinner, and then she planned to sit and read her book while Simba rested next to her and I'd finally settle in for some gaming. 

On our way home from work my wife gets a call that the grand-in-laws are tired, the mother-in-law is cranky, and they're all heading home now for dinner.   icon_eek  My wife looked at me with a look of utter defeat, knowing how much I needed this night and feeling badly about how quickly it was snatched from my grasp.  But, she said that we could run through the grocery as fast as possible, get enough supplies to make spaghetti for six instead of two, grab a few extra bottles of wine, and then rush home so that I could get at least a few minutes of gaming in before they arrived home.  Some gaming to help me relax is better than none at all.  Off to the grocery!

We hauled ass through traffic, arriving at the grocery in record time.  She immediately ran toward the pasta aisle while I turned right and sprinted toward the wine and bread section.  We met back at the register in less than two minutes, and the cashier recognized the look of utter desperation on our faces and rang us out faster than ever before, knowing all to well that it was a race to get home before the family.  Just minutes after arriving at the check-out line we were already in the car speeding home.  My wife opened the first bottle of wine and unpacked the groceries while I dewatered and depooped Simba.  When I arrived back inside my wife already had a glass waiting for me and the 360 loading up NFS: Most Wanted (as if I hadn't already gotten my fill of wreckless driving on our way home from work).  She sat down to play with Simba so that I could finally sit down to play a game before the army of misery arrived home.

"Press Start to Play."  I pressed start.  "Loading Game."  I started wringing my hands in anticipation.  "Resume Career."  Perfect.  I would get in some high-speed police chases, perhaps a race or two, all while enjoying a wonderful glass of Cabernet.  The windows were open, a nice spring breeze gently passed through our living room carrying the scent of blooming flowers, and there was no complaining, no drama, no grand-in-law jumping back in horror anytime Simba walked by as if at any moment he could bite off a finger, no spilled coffee, no crumbs on the counter, just a nice evening at home with my wife and puppy.  I haven't known peace like this since her family first arrived in town.  "Milestones."  Excellent.  Time to start a police pursuit.  AND AWAY WE GO!  Wait.  What was that?  Was that a car door?  icon_eek  It couldn't have been.  They should be stuck in rush hour traffic on the 101.  I should have at least 30 to 40 minutes of gaming before they'd arrive home.  They couldn't possibly be home already.  It really must have been a neighbor.  It had to have been.  But why is Simba wagging frantically, watching the door as if guests were about to arrive.  Oh no

Just as I was about to tag my first police vehicle, the front door opened and my wife's family had arrived home, as if the bickering from the street wasn't an obvious indication.  My taste of peace had been brief, but oh how sweet it was.  I spent the rest of the evening preparing dinner, serving the family, cleaning up the dishes, and cleaning up the mess left in our dining room from what looked to have been a pack of wild dogs mauling a poor creature made of spaghetti.  Sunday has never been so close but felt so far away.

I love my wife's family.  But a man can only take so much.  My weekend playlist?  If only I could be so fortunate.   icon_cry 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 04:20:27 PM »

That was a heart wrenching story WELL DONE.... They probably had no traffice yesterday because school has been out all week... Im flying home here in Long Island all week.

Ill say a prayer for you!

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 04:30:46 PM »

House & dog sitting for my boss this weekend... I know I know...

So I was thinking I would have just a multiplayer marathon!  Alas, I forgot to ask about his wireless internet set up and such.  So it's kind of a crapshoot on whether or not I'll be able to figure out his network...

But I was planning on some Burnout Revenge with some peeps either tonight or tomorrow night, some Pro Evolution Soccer w/ TML (extremely fun footie game.  I'm a newb to the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven series though... this game seriously reminds me of International Superstar Soccer or whatever it was called, except with no indoor soccer mode DANG that game was awesome back in the day).  Perhaps some Oblivion as well...

But I want to finish up my playthrough of Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, which has been SO AWESOME I <3 CASTLEVANIA GAMES

And finally, crack open some shrink wrapped DS games I have, like Lunar Knights & Hotel Dusk.  And some FFVI of course!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 05:00:04 PM »

Why do I get the idea that if you asked Pete Rock what time it was, he'd tell you a twenty minute story about how he got his watch?

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 06:27:31 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on February 23, 2007, 05:00:04 PM

Why do I get the idea that if you asked Pete Rock what time it was, he'd tell you a twenty minute story about how he got his watch?

LOL! That's why we love him!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 06:54:25 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on February 23, 2007, 05:00:04 PM

Dude, this is how I have always felt about Pete! Sometimes it makes me laugh, sometimes I really enjoy it, sometimes I roll my eyes (a lot!!), but you've got to give it to him, the man is thorough, well documented, and willing to share!! Pete  icon_wink
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 07:03:31 PM »

I'll be in Vegas so...

Most likely Blackjack, with a bit of Craps and Poker thrown in.  Three Card Poker is a possibility.

Also, drinking.

gellar
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 07:22:06 PM »

Also, drinking.
I had multiple Achievement points in that game.  Had to give it up though...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 08:01:55 PM »

Vanguard
Supreme Commander
Rogue Galaxy
And Crackdown, assuming it arrives in the mail today as planned.

Game time will be lower than average due to Oscar weekend:
Tonight: The Departed (HD-DVD baby!)
Tomorrow night: Babel (HD-DVD baby!)
Sunday night: Oscars (HD-DVR baby! Fast-forward through the musical performances baby!)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 08:04:04 PM by rrmorton » Logged
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2007, 12:11:48 AM »

Just studying for re-certification exam.  No gameplay.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2007, 02:51:33 AM »

Crackdown, bitches!  I want to get all of the Achievements, so we'll see how that goes. 

And then I'll probably play the "seriously cleaning the apartment" game since my parents are coming next weekend.  Bleah.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2007, 03:10:22 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on February 24, 2007, 02:51:33 AM

Crackdown, bitches!  I want to get all of the Achievements, so we'll see how that goes. 

And then I'll probably play the "seriously cleaning the apartment" game since my parents are coming next weekend.  Bleah.

I'm working on that too - I've got a good chunk of em, just trying to figure out how I'm going to pop 25 tires in 60 seconds...
(I'm also sitting here working on the review as I write this)

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2007, 05:18:35 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on February 24, 2007, 03:10:22 AM

I'm working on that too - I've got a good chunk of em, just trying to figure out how I'm going to pop 25 tires in 60 seconds...

car jack 25 cars, line them up and open fire at the wheels?

Because I can,
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2007, 06:18:14 AM »

I spent well over an hour trying to keep a car juggled in the air with bombs for 7sec.  disgust No such luck.
I got the body for 10 sec though Tongue.
I too believe I will be working on achievement this weekend

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
PS3 Spinks
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 07:40:23 AM »

I think I'll be playing some Rogue Galaxy and Final Fantasy VI.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2007, 07:48:05 AM »

final fantasy 12...deefinetly for most of the weekend

crackdown for some of the weekend

and i got the warriors as well for the PSP,which i am gonna just look,and see how well the port is(its mainly for slacking time when i am in work)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2007, 01:11:39 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 24, 2007, 05:18:35 AM

I found a much easier way for this, and several other achievements.  I created a thread for folks who need a nudge in the right direction.  My high jump double flip simultaneous achievement was genius I must say....

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2007, 01:26:08 PM »

Work, work, work.  If I'm lucky enough to play something, it'll be Guild Wars.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2007, 03:54:17 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on February 24, 2007, 01:11:39 PM

I found a much easier way for this, and several other achievements.  I created a thread for folks who need a nudge in the right direction.  My high jump double flip simultaneous achievement was genius I must say....

Actually I was in one of the Volks compunds last night and found about 8 of their 6 wheel vehicles parked side to side.  Seeing as the compound had already been cleared I took my gun and popped all the tires in under a minute.  It said something about a 'sub achievement unlocked' so I'm guessing it's one of those little in game surprises that doesn't show up anywhere else.

Because I can,
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2007, 04:07:14 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 24, 2007, 03:54:17 PM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on February 24, 2007, 01:11:39 PM

Actually I was in one of the Volks compunds last night and found about 8 of their 6 wheel vehicles parked side to side.  Seeing as the compound had already been cleared I took my gun and popped all the tires in under a minute.  It said something about a 'sub achievement unlocked' so I'm guessing it's one of those little in game surprises that doesn't show up anywhere else.

Yep, that is where I did it as well.  That little parking garage let me get the popped tire sub achievement as well as the blown up gang cars achievement.  Pretty handy one stop shopping.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: