http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 01:48:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist 20/Oct/06  (Read 1479 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2006, 04:24:31 PM »

Gonna Spend some time with Dead Rising, my first 360 game.  I keep starting over so that I can get the control scheme (and new controller) down...I also accidentally created two profiles and got some achievements on the one I deleted. Oh wells.

Have tried the demo for Smash TV and loved it. I loved that game back in the day. But...since I have no points I may not pull the trigger on it yet.

Finally, hope to log some time with Killer 7.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 04:31:14 PM »

Working in the backyard tomorrow until it's finished (laying down paver stones and rocks) but the plan is to try and burn through Robotech: Battlecry as much as possible. Once that's done, either I'll stick with Xbox and knock off Voodoo Vince or switch over to my PS2 and tackle something from that stack. The War of the Backlog continues...

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 04:33:58 PM »

Devil Summoner.  I'm just in love with this game.  Love it.  Can't stop playing it!

Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria.  Another fantastic RPG.

Contact.  Will be picking it up today.  I can't wait for the personality this title will have.

Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner.  Plugged in about three hours and I'm enjoying it.  There is a LOT of dialogue though, so Atlus has their hands full for localization.  If the voice actors are bad for the NA release (whenever that may be), this game could be quite bad seeing as how there's a HUGE emphasis on character interaction and just about everything is voiced.  The music is fantastc.  Graphics are purdy too.

Summon Nights 2.  Will be on the lookout for it, but I didn't reserve it and that was dumb of me.

NHL 2k7 & NBA 2k7 for 360.  Fun stuff!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 04:40:44 PM »

Paraworld (PC) - As usual, mostly some lan action.

Heroes of Might and Magic V (PC) - Working on campaign + some lan duels.

Mage Knight (PC) - A friend dropped this off, so I am going to try it. Despite the less than stellar reviews.

Space Empires V (PC) - Same buddy dropped this off, he said he beat it and I might like it.  We'll see.

Anno 1701 (PC Demo) - I want to try this, can't wait!

Dreamlords (PC Beta) - Persistant MMORTS in beta I am trying.

Looks like a good gaming weekend, nothing major planned other than hanging out, need to catch up on some Tivo'd shows as well though.. Imagine that, now I got a fuckin' Tivo backlog!  saywhat

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 04:46:24 PM »

Got my daughter's first birthday party tomorrow afternoon so tonight and tomorrow morning will be filled with preparations for that.  So I probably wont' get much quality gaming time in until Saturday night where I think my focus will be on the excellent Tales of the Abyss.  I'll be at Toys R Us when they open Sunday for the big sale and it's possible I might try out a few of my spoils from there, like Double Agent, but I'm thinking my focus will be on TotA, along with trying to finish Scott Lynch's excellent novel, The Lies of Locke Lamora
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 04:52:07 PM »

Review titles:

DDR Supernova
Rule of Rose
Archlord
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 05:10:10 PM »

Okami, Okami, and more Okami.  As always, I will slip some DS love in there as well, but not sure what games it will be.  Probably Clubhouse Games, since I am about to finish level 5 in Stamp mode and want to see it to completion.  I should probably pick up Contact as well.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 05:18:19 PM »

More Enchanted Arms.  I'm reminded of why I generally don't like JRPGs... too dang long!  22 hours in and I haven't even crossed 50% yet.  But it's a good game (Despite the "run to story point, auto-play through random encounter, upgrade stats, rinse, lather, repeat" thing), and I have too much time invested to quit now.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 05:20:05 PM by Laner » Logged
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 05:31:20 PM »

Just Cause, World Cup 06 (before I send it back) and NHL 07.

And probably some Lego Star Wars with my son.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 06:22:09 PM »

Beta for a un-named MMORPG that isn't WOW related

Running ST with a few guildies in WOW

DOW-DC

Watching the Lake House and Silent Hill on DVD

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 06:32:19 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on October 20, 2006, 04:46:24 PM

I'll be at Toys R Us when they open Sunday for the big sale and it's possible I might try out a few of my spoils from there, like Double Agent

What he said, including Splinter Cell. Finished Enchanted Arms last night, unsure on what I want to start to get me to Sunday. Probably start Tomb Raider or go back to Lego Star Wars II, so I can finish it and trade it in.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 06:34:38 PM »

Bully
NHL2k7
Okami
Battlefield 2142456743121122223435 Demo
Maybe Splinter Cell:DA if I pick it up.

papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 07:17:28 PM »

SC:DA  Tongue

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 07:27:50 PM »

This is the first time in about nine months when I'm actually excited about gaming again. Last year I finished something like 18 games. This year I've finished three, all of which I completed in January to March. I think Tales of The Abyss and Splinter Cell: Double Agent are the titles that help me break out of my funk.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 07:36:35 PM »

More Bully and Enchanted Arms.  My friend let me have his OPM demo disc and I've been playing the Guitar Hero 2 demo to death.  Not much else except watching the World Series and a couple recorded shows.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 08:36:38 PM »

Tiger Woods 07
Splinter Cell: DA
and a little bit of Lego Star Wars II
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 09:48:35 PM »

i'm not sure what i'll be playing this weekend, but i do know that i'll be doing it on my brand new 50" HDTV after it's delivered on saturday afternooon icon_twisted

once i get everything hooked back up and running, i'll probably wind up playing a little bit of everything on my 360 just to check out all the games in high-def.  i've also been considering picking up the new Splinter Cell just as something totally new for the HD experience.  should be a fun weekend icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 10:23:09 PM »

I looove these threads. Busy weekend for me, both gaming and otherwise (which means less gaming time grumble). Anyways, these are the game I will be playing:

Splinter Cell: Double Agent: Will be playing this both multi and single, probably more single for the weekend though so I can bust through that.

Tiger Woods 2007: Just rented this bad boy and can't wait to play it.

Bully: See TW

Company of Heroes: Even when I take a break from this game I always play a couple ranked matches. Its that awesome.

Okami: Still struggling through Okami. Its gorgeous, innovative, imaginative, but it might just not be my type of game. Those of you that told me its much like Zelda and thats why I wouldn't like it may have been right.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 11:03:37 PM »

Battlefield 2142 and Company of Heroes are the main ones, with some Dawn of War: Dark Crusade planned for Sunday.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 11:31:27 PM »

I hope to continue my quest to complete 100% of Lego Star Wars II on Xbox 360. Also since I removed the shrink wrap from Splinter Cell and Tiger Woods 2007 for Xbox 360, I imagine I am obligated to try them out.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 11:40:56 PM »

I'm avoiding anything 360 related until my new TV arrives next week, so it'll be some Bully/Okami/Yakuza in between catching up on my DVR recordings and BSG 2.5.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2006, 12:38:25 AM »

Quote from: depward on October 20, 2006, 04:33:58 PM

Summon Nights 2.  Will be on the lookout for it, but I didn't reserve it and that was dumb of me.

A Gamestop opened very close to my house recently and I initially reserved several games there.  Well, I've since become very frustrated with them always not having games if I didn't preorder (most recently they didn't get a single copy of Devil Summoner in the first week since no one at the store bothered to preorder) so I had pretty much sworn them off and decided to take my business to other Gamestops that do a better job of meeting my needs.  Well, my final reserve at this store was Contact, so I went by today to pick it up and asked if they had Summon Night 2 (which I didn't have reserved).  They didn't have any unreserved copies but the manager did something very cool in my book and gave me the copy he had reserved for himself.  So, long story short, for all of the hate Gamestop/EB gets, they made me pretty happy today. 
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2006, 02:45:59 AM »

I'll probably play some more Black, and maybe dig into some of my other old XBox games.  I hear there is supposed to be a demo for Tony Hawk's Project 8 tonight, so if that comes out I'll definitely try it out. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 12:44:39 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on October 20, 2006, 06:32:19 PM

Finished Enchanted Arms last night

WTG coop!

Contact for me. Maybe with a smattering of Battles of prince of Persia, which I've been trying to make some progress in.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 01:54:24 PM »

On tap for me this weekend:

Splinter Cell: DA - got hooked on this yesterday
Gothic 3
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2006, 02:05:35 PM »

Not sure what I'm going to play.  I'm pretty burned out on Okami & Titan Quest (about 30 hours into both), and don't really want to start anything new since NWN2 & FFXII are just around the corner.  I'll probably try and finish Sam & Max, mess around on Gametap games, play some Civ IV (I still haven't gotten around to trying that Fall From Heaven mod), and maybe brush up on Guitar Hero.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: