http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 04:21:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist 18/Aug/06  (Read 1782 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2006, 04:05:55 PM »

Tonight's gaming will consist of one thing: Killer 7.  I can't wait to actually immerse myself in this game. 

Other gaps will be filled in by Phoenix Wright.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 04:12:03 PM »

Powering through Xenosaga 2 to get ready for the impending release of the supposedly great Xenosaga 3.

Also, still enjoying my time with Super Robot Taisen: OG for the GBA. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 04:28:31 PM »

I will play a bit more NFS:MW before returnign it to BB since its long overdue. I plan to try out Hitman: Blood Money since gamefly inexplicably sent me this game although it was way down my list.

I also intend to jump into HL2: Episode 1 and beat it this weekend-then maybe Sin Episodes. I also will decide what RPG to immerse myself in. Its about time I get to gaming. This is getting ridiculous.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 05:29:04 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on August 18, 2006, 04:28:31 PM

I also intend to jump into HL2: Episode 1 and beat it this weekend-then maybe Sin Episodes. I also will decide what RPG to immerse myself in. Its about time I get to gaming. This is getting ridiculous.

Ugh, I'd reverse that order.  Sin Episodes was enjoyable in a sort of braindead  way, but HL2 Ep 1 trounced it so bad that I'd definitely play Sin first. 
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 05:37:12 PM »

Playing Asgard Hill in Valkyrie Profile (PSP) to get the A Ending and then starting on both Phoenix Wright(DS) and Tales of Eternia )PSP), which I got in this week.  I will also give Dead Rising some time since I have been away from home all week and haven't been able to put any attention to it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
warning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 06:04:13 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on August 18, 2006, 05:29:04 PM

Ugh, I'd reverse that order.  Sin Episodes was enjoyable in a sort of braindead  way, but HL2 Ep 1 trounced it so bad that I'd definitely play Sin first. 

Definitely.  Sin Episodes first then Half-Life 2: Ep 1.

For me I'm going to be working on Call of Duty 2 on the 360 with some Crimson Skies thrown in.  I'm also about 11 hours into Mario & Luigi for the DS and I'll get to that here and there.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 06:38:08 PM »

More Dead Rising, perhaps getting back to Hitman: Blood Money and a sprinkling of online Chess.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 06:45:31 PM »

DOTA, try the Paraworld demo, maybe some Dwarf Fortress, Counter-Strike on Saturday, if Luminescent Pubes gets his 360 today, Geometry Wars and maybe Halo 2 if he buys it.

Also wanting to get back into Guild Wars: Factions, finally try out Battle for Middle Earth 2, and maybe hop on WoW to take inventory of everything before my account is off to eBay.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 06:54:01 PM »

Ninety-nine-nights, dead rising, chromehounds, maybe some GRAW action.

Hopefully I will actually have a fair amount of time this weekend to game.  Last 9 days have been very hectic.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 07:09:14 PM »

I made the mistake of renewing my WoW account.. So I imagine I will be playing it for a bit until I get burned out again.  eek
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 07:14:42 PM »

Anyone want to be jealous?

Let's just say that I'm playing a SRPG from NIS....review title, of course....um....shouldn't say more, probably. biggrin

That, and finishing up the review for Night Watch (which is fun!)
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 07:25:24 PM »

For me, more Winning Eleven 9, as usual.

I really keep meaning to get into the DS Castlevania game, so hopefully some of that, too.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

Quote from: Zarkon on August 18, 2006, 07:14:42 PM

Let's just say that I'm playing a SRPG from NIS....review title, of course....um....shouldn't say more, probably. biggrin
GIVE

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 07:48:34 PM »

If the Paraworld demo, beta, whatever they are calling it, is any good, I'll be playing that along with the Company of Heroes new and improved beta.  And of course College Hoops for the 360, but that's a given.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 07:52:29 PM »

Argh! Too many games, not enough time. Okay, I'll be playing 99 Nights, Dead Rising, Paraworld demo, and hopefully some Darkstar One.

And if I'm really bored, I'll fired up an oldie, Fool's Errand on DosBox, and try to finish that infernally sadistic puzzle game.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 08:04:49 PM »

Quote from: -Lord Ebonstone- on August 18, 2006, 07:28:00 PM

GIVE
Disgaea 2....too bad he has two or three other titles that he should be reviewing first before he dives into that title.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 08:09:04 PM »

True, true.  I haven't even touched Disgaea 2.  I'm finishing up Night Watch first. 

Aiming at a day one review of Disgaea 2, however.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2006, 08:13:14 PM »

More Summon Night and Tactics Ogre for me.  GBA goodness.

-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2006, 08:15:02 PM »

Quote from: Graham on August 18, 2006, 08:04:49 PM

Quote from: -Lord Ebonstone- on August 18, 2006, 07:28:00 PM

GIVE
Disgaea 2....too bad he has two or three other titles that he should be reviewing first before he dives into that title.
Oh I knew what he was referring to.  I was just kindly suggesting that he hand that review copy over.

I'd even write your review for you!   icon_biggrin

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2006, 08:23:51 PM »

Heh.

Except that I don't know that you have a debug Playstation 2. biggrin
depward

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2006, 10:05:04 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on August 18, 2006, 04:12:03 PM

Powering through Xenosaga 2 to get ready for the impending release of the supposedly great Xenosaga 3.

Tell me you disliked it as much as I did (X2)?  Seriously, I loved the first but (like you) powered through the second just so I could be up to date for the third installment.  I think it's fantastic that XIII is supposed to be pretty good!

I plan on playing some CS:Source with some GTers and BCers sometime this weekend, perhaps some Burnout Revenge, NHL 2k6 with friends (it never gets old, even though we've plugged in perhaps 300 or more hours), Valkyrie Profile Lenneth & Ridge Racer for PSP, I gots me some GAMES

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2006, 10:14:21 PM »

probably a mix of Oblivion, Burnout:Revenge, and Titan Quest for me...same as last weekend icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2006, 10:57:07 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on August 18, 2006, 04:12:03 PM

Me too!  It definitely isn't giving me that same been there, done that feeling like other SRPG's that I play.

Shadow of the Colossus hard mode, Metal Gear Online, playing through the English Premiere League in Winning Eleven, actually been jonesing to play more Halo 2 online for whatever reason...

TheMissingLink on PSN
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2006, 11:00:38 PM »

Dead Rising tonight (and Chromehounds if the squad jumps on).  Then tomorrow, I'm headed to Lancaster for the Covered Bridge Metric, 100k/60mi of bicycling fun.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2006, 12:28:46 AM »

Quote from: depward on August 18, 2006, 10:05:04 PM

Tell me you disliked it as much as I did (X2)?  Seriously, I loved the first but (like you) powered through the second just so I could be up to date for the third installment.  I think it's fantastic that XIII is supposed to be pretty good!

I don't dislike X2 yet- so far (mid first disc) it's good but not great like the first one.  However, I hear that it tanks hard on the second disk (though supposedly the ending is pretty good) so I'm sure my opinion will dip. 
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2006, 01:12:49 AM »

I'll be playing more FlatOut 2 and finishing up LEGO Star Wars. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2006, 02:04:48 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on August 19, 2006, 12:28:46 AM

I don't dislike X2 yet- so far (mid first disc) it's good but not great like the first one.  However, I hear that it tanks hard on the second disk (though supposedly the ending is pretty good) so I'm sure my opinion will dip. 
Well, when it dips, do just remember the ending is pretty nifty.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2006, 02:22:29 AM »

Hitman: Blood Money, possibly some GRAW and maybe some Chromehounds.  I may try The Outfit again before I decide to return in to Gamefly.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2006, 07:23:56 PM »

Quote from: depward on August 19, 2006, 02:04:48 AM

I tried twice to get through Xenosaga 2, and just couldn't do it.  It just got way to boring to keep pushing through, so I gave up.  9 hoursin the first time, 11 hours in the second.  Guess I'll just have to read a plot synopsis before picking up X3.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2006, 07:50:28 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 19, 2006, 07:23:56 PM

Quote from: depward on August 19, 2006, 02:04:48 AM

I tried twice to get through Xenosaga 2, and just couldn't do it.  It just got way to boring to keep pushing through, so I gave up.  9 hoursin the first time, 11 hours in the second.  Guess I'll just have to read a plot synopsis before picking up X3.

X3 contains plot synopsis of both  X1 and X2 and features the return of the database (yay!). 
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2006, 10:09:41 AM »

What a slow weekend gaming wise.  Only got in about an hour of gaming and spent that on the amazing Killer 7.

Had to go to bed early each night to build up energy for running.  Ah well, I guess I'm healthier. slywink frown
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2006, 12:04:17 PM »

I got a couple hours in on SMT: Nocturne, mainly spent levelling up and fusing Demons. I also played one round on True Swing Golf for the DS.

Oddly enough, I usually don't play more than an hour or two on the weekends.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006, 01:28:51 PM »

I had an incredibly frustrating gaming weekend.

It began with losing 3 games of NHL 2k6 online in one night.  We'll lose 3 games in about a month's time, normally...

Had incredibly an incredibly frustrating time with Burnout, got whipped by all-star Juergen a few more times, and got about 3 kills to 25 deaths in Metal Gear Online.

And it ended with basically getting torn the hell up at Halo 2.  It always *sounds* like a good idea to fire it up...

The only saving grace would be a successful come-from-behind win with Chelsea in Winning Eleven and taking down half the colossi in hard mode in Shadow of the Colossus.

I'm starting to think I'm a shitty gamer, which is depressing, because it's all I do.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006, 02:38:58 PM »

My weekend of gaming was not unlike yours.  I ended up playing 3 games in my Legacy mode of College Hoops 2k6.  I am currently coaching UNLV, and won 2 of 3, one by a last second shot by my shooting guard at the buzzer (which totally rocked).  But other than that, I think I lost everything else I played.  I lost 2 matches of Company of Heroes, a minimum of 6 matches of Dawn of War, and I think it may have been more than that.  I lost numerous races of MotoGP against those insanely good British players.  And to top it all off, I started replaying GRAW on the PC on the hardest level, and got killed so many times, I completely lost count.

tear

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2006, 02:46:49 PM »

I will play a bit more NFS:MW before returnign it to BB since its long overdue. I plan to try out Hitman: Blood Money since gamefly inexplicably sent me this game although it was way down my list.

So it was comical to read the optimism in my post on Friday and then compare it  to the reality of the weekend. So, I did play NFSMW for abuot 30 minutes, and then decided that I really was done with it this time, so that didnt last long. I played about an hour total of DoD and CS with the twins, at least half of which was connecting to the server or crashing. I tried to start Sin, got 5 minutes into the intro, got called away, and never had a chance to get back to it. Turned on my 360 to try Blood Money, got called away to do something, never played it. Didn't even have time to THINK about what rpg to play. All in all, I got about 1.5 hours the entire weekend, ran errands, spent the majority of time with my family, and had almost no free leisure time. It was not a successful weekend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: