http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 11:42:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist 13/April/07 Last Non-Marathon Training Weekend Edition  (Read 2063 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2007, 12:31:51 PM »

That's right, I'm gonna try to run my 3rd (and final) Marathon in October.  Problem is I've not been taking the training seriously (read: I've done nonthing) and need to. So, this will be my last late late late gaming night for a while.  That said:

Gears of War Friday Night (see the MP forum) if people actually show.

Probably some GRAW.

I may also wipe my save in Viva Pinata and start over.  I'm only at level 10, but my garden is a crowded mess and I've lost track of what's going on.  Or I might just play GRAW.

Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 12:42:09 PM »

I'll be "playing" Battlefield: 1040 and Attack of the Atomic Mutant Mother-in-Law.

Now playing: Suikoden 2 [PSX], Neverwinter Nights 2 [PC]
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 12:57:05 PM »

I will have a little less time this weekend then normal, but I plan on playing the following:
Gears of War: Likely no more than an hour or two, get a feel for Annex and the new stuff.
Rainbow 6 Vegas:  Again probably no more than an hour or two-multiplayer on Saturday with the GT crew and maybe coop with Ike
GRAW 2: Going to get some more multiplayer in and do a bit on the quick mission achievements.
C&C3: Maybe one or two Nod missions, primarily multiplayer with GT guys.
Titan Quest: This is going to be my primary focus this weekend. I want to finish it and get well into Immortal Throne if possible. Hopefully my guy will stop sucking soon.
NBA 2K7 with depward!!
May also end up playing a bit more of the Galactic Civilizations II demo to get a feel for whether I want to purchase it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 04:40:35 PM by Calvin » Logged
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 01:05:09 PM »

Probably won't have a ton of gaming time this weekend.  I'm working tonight, and my yard looks absolutely horrible so I'm going to need to put some time in there after work tomorrow.  Oh joy...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can track down a copy of Guitar Hero II.  It's currently sold out at every single store in town, but the guy I talked to at Gamecrazy yesterday said they might be getting some in today.  We'll see.  I'm sure Puzzle Quest will also get some time (up to level 39 now), and I might do some Viva Pinata as well.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 01:20:33 PM »

I beat Guitar Hero 2 medium last night and I am going to venture into hard mode.  paranoid

I also picked up Viva Pinata at Target for $20 and I am planning to see what all the fuss is about.  I might also get back into Gears of War online play to try out the new content. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 01:33:04 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 02:13:39 PM »

Good luck to you ATB on your run.

As for me, I'm going to try and play through a lot more of FFXII. I can't help it - at almost 80 hours in I keep uncovering more and more sidequests. DAMN YOU SQUARE!!! I SHALL NEVER FINISH THIS!!! But this is the only thing I'm playing until it's done... which should be around November. retard

Crayola and I are also schedule to get caught up on movies which we're both long over-due on seeing, which should be fun. icon_biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 02:23:12 PM »

Some Gothic 3 on my new PC now that I have it finally running thanks to a cracked .exe file I found that negates the Vista unfriendly copy protection.  I'm going to a 24 hour Sci Fi movie marathon on Saturday that will last until Sunday-  the theater it's at is just around the corner so I can easily go home during the really bad movies like Star Trek the Motion Picture.  Sunday is really up in the air depending on how long I stay at the marathon and a couple of other factors.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 02:25:52 PM »

I have the mother of all production implementations Saturday night and will be "working" from about 10pm Saturday until 9 am Sunday. What this really means is that I have about an hour worth of work to accomplish, 20 minutes at around midnight and 40 minutes at about 5am. for the other 10 hours or so I'll be playing a half dozen DS games and/or napping.

Puzzle Quest
Yu-Gi-Oh Tournament
something or other that I haven't started yet
Contact
Lunar Knights
Portrait of Ruin
Brain Age
Big Brain Academy

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 03:04:25 PM »

The main game I'll be playing is Turbo Tax.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 03:27:48 PM »

Tonight I'm hoping to get in on the Gears of War get-together tonight once I get back into town (following a 3 1/2 hour drive, picking my dog up from the kennel, giving him a bath, heading to obedience training, and finally returning home around 9:30 PST).  Tomorrow will almost certainly see a trip to the gym, cleaning around the house, laundry, and a fair bit of Guitar Hero, especially when my wife gets back from her business trip to DC (we may have some friends over for a group shredding session), and because of ATB's Rocky thread in Off-Topic I may start up our own Rocky Marathon when I get back from the gym on Sunday morning, which will probably be followed immediately by more Guitar Hero.  If only I could play Eye of the Tiger...

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 03:47:14 PM »

Guitar Hero II working my way through medium difficulty atm, no hope of doing much at the hard level.

God of War II finally got started on this and am having lots of fun with it on the normal difficulty setting, I'm about 2 hours into it so far.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 04:11:28 PM »

Playing a shartload online Motorstorm.  I like how they keep your stats, though I wish they were a little more detailed.

I think I'm also going to get back into Devil Summoner.  <3 that game so, but got sidetracked with... multiple releases.

THEN maybe some NBA with Calvin but he didn't include me in his little summary so perhaps not   mad

Annnnddd DJ Max Portable 2 - PSP is ON FI-YA!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 04:36:58 PM »

Quote from: depward on April 13, 2007, 04:11:28 PM

Playing a shartload online Motorstorm.  I like how they keep your stats, though I wish they were a little more detailed.

I think I'm also going to get back into Devil Summoner.  <3 that game so, but got sidetracked with... multiple releases.

THEN maybe some NBA with Calvin but he didn't include me in his little summary so perhaps not   mad

Annnnddd DJ Max Portable 2 - PSP is ON FI-YA!

Totally playing NBA with you, post edited.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 04:38:12 PM »

I reinstalled Vampire the Masqerade: Bloodlines.  Playing as a Tremere this time

Cancelled my account for WOW, so I might actually do some reading as well.  Maybe start rereading Harry Potter Series for the release of the seventh and final book

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 04:52:32 PM »

I'm about 75% of the way through Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and may have time to finish it some time this weekend.  It's been slow going because I'm not using any sort of hint guide, but I've been very diligent about jotting down where I am when I hear that elusive "power up sound" so that I'll remember to revisit the area later.  I think I have something like 85-90% of all scans and available power-ups, though I'm still missing at least two ammo upgrades and two super-missile systems.

Next up will probably be Super Paper Mario and/or Shadow of the Colossus.

-Autistic Angel
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 05:56:19 PM »

I hate these threads.  They always remind me of my backload of games I need to play.  I'm going to try to play catch up this weekend.  Definitely NO Guitar Hero 2!  I need a break from it and my wrists are killing me.

I'm going to spend time with my fictional girlfriend Alicia (I've been ignoring her lately) in Bullet Witch.  I downloaded the new sexy mummy costume!  nod  Then I must continue with some Enchanted Arms and Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.  I'm enjoying both of these and want to get close to finishing them before Mass Effect comes my way.

I have purchased and still have not even put them in their respective gaming machines:  Earth Defense Force 2017 (X360) and Rogue Galaxy (PS2).  I tend to do this quite a bit.  I buy a game and don't touch it for weeks.  I have to at least dabble in these this weekend.

Of course I must continue my NHL Playoff runs in NHL 2K7 and NHL 2007.  And I'm dying to start my Rutgers baseball season in MVP NCAA 2007 and try my hand at shortstop or 3B in MLB 07 The Show.  And I did not even mention the PC games I have on the backburner.

We have a big Noreaster (heavy rains with gusty winds) headed our way this weekend so that should lend itself to some good quality gaming all day.  I love rainy weekends!

I'm also forcing myself back into reading and I just picked up two books I'm dying to read:

Gates of Fire:  An Epic Novel of the Battle of Thermopylae by Steven Pressfield

Warrior and Witch by Marie Brennan

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 05:57:07 PM »

Not sure really.  I want to get back into WoW.  I'll probably play some F1.  I figure I'll try to find the guys playing Motorstorm a bit.  GRAW2 and GH2 are also possibilities.

gellar
depward

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 06:09:57 PM »

Quote from: gellar on April 13, 2007, 05:57:07 PM

Not sure really.  I want to get back into WoW.  I'll probably play some F1.  I figure I'll try to find the guys playing Motorstorm a bit.  GRAW2 and GH2 are also possibilities.

gellar
Speaking of which - it looks like I'll have some time on Saturday during the day & Sunday to play.  Can't nail down a time though.  Perhaps I'll look for ya online around then & send you a message if you're on.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2007, 06:12:29 PM »

Quote from: depward on April 13, 2007, 06:09:57 PM

Quote from: gellar on April 13, 2007, 05:57:07 PM

gellar
Speaking of which - it looks like I'll have some time on Saturday during the day & Sunday to play.  Can't nail down a time though.  Perhaps I'll look for ya online around then & send you a message if you're on.

I'm pretty much out on Saturday - but I should be around on Sunday.

gellar
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 06:21:24 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on April 13, 2007, 05:56:19 PM

I I'm going to spend time with my fictional girlfriend Alicia (I've been ignoring her lately) in Bullet Witch.  I downloaded the new sexy mummy costume!  nod 

No offense, man, but you are really starting to creep me out.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 07:21:20 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 13, 2007, 06:21:24 PM

I I'm going to spend time with my fictional girlfriend Alicia (I've been ignoring her lately) in Bullet Witch.  I downloaded the new sexy mummy costume!  nod 

No need to worry ATB.  I'm as normal as they come.  I'm just having some fun here.  That's all.  icon_biggrin

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 07:25:26 PM »

Parents are in town (and its my son's b-day) so a short gaming weekend for me.  Current plan:
  • Continue to be addicted to Puzzle Quest.
  • Finally unwrap Super Paper Mario on the Wii
  • Pray that I'm not stuck in
    Spoiler for Hiden:
    wolf mode (second time)
    much longer in Zelda
  • Finish off the GDI campaign in C&C3

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 08:56:51 PM »

i'm on call at the hospital all day and night saturday, so there's a serious dent in my gaming time.  i'll probably be hitting GH2 quite a bit tonight and sunday though...working on Hard and really need to get past 'Psychobilly Freakout' soon.  other than that, i may play around with Castlevania:SotN some more, or log a little time with Prey after picking it up for only $10 yesterday icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2007, 12:49:45 AM »

Quote from: Starshifter on April 13, 2007, 07:21:20 PM

Quote from: ATB on April 13, 2007, 06:21:24 PM

No need to worry ATB.  I'm as normal as they come.  I'm just having some fun here.  That's all.  icon_biggrin

ssssuuuuuuurrrrrrrreeeeeee     paranoid

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2007, 12:52:57 AM »

g/f is over for the weekend...so I can't go game-crazy.

Brain Age, Puzzle Quest, DJ Max Portable (christ, that game gets hard) and I'm going to fold as hard as I can with my P-S-TRIPLE!

TheMissingLink on PSN
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2007, 05:27:07 AM »

Boom Boom Rocket.  It's one of those games that I can actually see myself improve on over time.  Finally managed to pass a couple more songs on hard difficulty.

Maybe some Puzzle Quest.  I would start Marvel Ultimate Alliance again, but I'm waiting on the new characters to be released.

Maybe some R6 or Gears.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2007, 07:39:49 AM »

i have saved my metal gear solid 3 game right before the end scene(i had to go to work,so couldnt watch it all..then it gave me an option to save...so bingo!)...so that will be that game out of the way...still the best of the series,especially subsistance with the new camera control...feel free to arguediscuss about that

as i have been saying,i wanna get into dead rising again...+like ATB,my viva pinata is up the wall,as i dont know how to progress really..i am level 12 i think,so i may start again(i wish those damn tramps would stay outta my garden!!!!!)

oh and poor dirge of cerberus has been waiting forever for me to try out,so that may get its wish this weekend

and yeah it will proberbely be May when i restart reading the Harry Potter books,to get ready for Harry's death in number 7,LOL

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2007, 12:31:14 PM »

Lord of the Rings Online smile
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2007, 12:50:37 PM »

Study study study.

Play R6V with you all Sat night.  Apologies to Harkonis again for not accepting his invite.  Again, I was already in a coop game.  I really wanted to accept it though.  Please don't give up on me. 
Might go fiddle with Gh2 at a store and see if it grabs me. My Best Buy seems to always have it up and playable.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2007, 12:53:28 PM »

Owing to spending more time at work than I was planning on (I use the term work loosely... overnights are not busy), I got the latest version of megamek and played some of it.  They've added some nice stat features at the end since the last time I played with it.  If there was a way to (semi)randomly select an opposing force it would be just about perfect.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2007, 09:01:24 PM »

I've been out of town, so I'm jumping into this thread late.  Puzzle Quest, Titan Quest, and Guitar Hero 2 will rule the rest of the weekend.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2007, 09:11:12 PM »

I just picked up a used copy of Super Monkey Ball Deluxe for the XBox and will be playing that on my 360 this weekend. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Moatman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2007, 03:13:40 AM »

Probably some more Super Paper Mario and a bit of Viva Pinata, probably some more Puzzle Quest at work tomorrow after I finish up the fullmetal alchemist anime series. 

I highly recommend the official game guide they just finally put out last week for Viva Pinata, the game has so many little tricks and variants to play around with, it's a big help and organized very well.

A little trick also, with VP, is that any new garden you create on the same save account(with a hd I think you can have unlimited gardens) all share the same level, experience, awards, items, size, everything that isn't a placeable object like a pinata, flower, or home.  So you can start a brand new garden but it'll start at level 10(since you were 10) and have access to whatever upgrades or things you can buy at the store, share your same money, and give you awards overall.  Great way to have themed gardens without having to start from scratch on each.

Also, you can send yourself pinata and other things in the mail(though since you share the same "bank account" it's pointless sending yourself money)  I started a garden my first time that I now feel was a laughable attempt, but my second garden has allowed me to keep the progress I made and also make new progress through the game.  The game guide has greatly enhanced my game enjoyment, though I also used http://pinataisland.info/index.php?title=Main_Page before getting the guide, it's just nice having the info at my fingertips while playing.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2007, 05:30:54 AM »

What a successful weekend thus far.

GRAW and Gears until 3:30 last night.

GRAW, R6 and Gears until 1:30 tonight (a real indulgence as I am almost always in bed by 10:00 on Sat.)

My late night swan song has been a gem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: