http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 03:42:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist - 12/30/11 - Happy New Year edition! w/ bonus question!  (Read 455 times)
Kagath
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2011, 10:08:42 AM »

This weekend we will see the end of the old and the beginning of a new year. 2011 was a great year for gaming and hopefully 2012 continues that trend.

What kind of gaming related resolutions are you planning? Clearing backlogs, trying new genres, selling collections off, nothing new?

Mine is getting some time to clear out some stuff from the backlog. Maybe work on getting through some of the shorter ones first.

Hoping to get a little time in on these at some point:
BF3 - 360
MW3 - 360
Morrowind - PC
STALKER

What about you?

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 12:34:57 PM »

While most of you guys are having fun with The Old Republic,i dug out my big ol' green and black

Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic-Xbox

Not sure if its because i now have a HDTV or what,but damn the graphics look dated,pretty sure they were fine looking year before last when i played it on my SDTV

EDIT:oh,gaming resolutions ...hmm,dunno

make some time for some oldies(replays) as well as the newies
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 01:00:06 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 02:22:06 PM »

More SWTOR for me.  Need to get my fill before getting back on my regular schedule of 45 minutes a day to game.  frown

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 02:45:38 PM »

Gonna go whore some achievements on steam which actually might GIVE ME SOMETHING. You know, cuz my penis is big enough, thank-you-very-much.

I also need*need*need to get some AC:R mp on to finish up my review. I've had some pretty big challenges in the past month, and them being out of the way means I can get down to it. Also want to get some time in with Gunstringer.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 04:04:24 PM »

My only real gaming will be today as we're spending New Year's at a friend's house both tomorrow and Sunday.  Our celebratory activities start Saturday morning and are planned to go into Sunday afternoon.  I played Forza 4 for a number of hours yesterday, even falling asleep while navigating the menus as the lack of rest from the Christmas holidays caught up to me.  I may load up one of my other holiday games, but I've really gotten into Forza 4 and may play a bit more before loading up AC:Revelations, Skyrim, Batman, or Gears 3.  Plus a buddy had stopped by so we took turns running races in the world tour.  It was pretty fun cheering each other on and having the person who wasn't playing call out turns to help the driver.  We went through a fair number of tracks and even more beer.  

Gaming resolutions?  Not really.  I've cleared out my backlog by trading in games toward MW3 a while back, I have a number of games to play through, but my gaming time will continue to be limited with pharmacy school rapidly approaching.  Still waiting to hear from UofA, so continuing to keep my fingers crossed.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 05:17:04 PM »

(PR walks in.. coffee in hand.. waves)

I've a three-day holiday weekend, so I shall do my best to put more time into Star Wars: The Old Republic and Skyrim. I'm simply too addicted to League Of Legends to drop it from my gaming rotation. My gaming resolution for 2012 is to put more time into fine games before placing them in the backlog, at least 20 hours each. This holiday season, I've just been torn between many fine games.. and none of them have gotten the time they deserve. For me, once a game goes into the backlog, it likely never comes back. As I go into 2012, my personal priorities are to advance out of my government job and make my first feature film. These two goals leave little time for significant gaming. I've been struggling majorly with this recently, and will continue to thru 2012.. because I like gaming too much to simply drop it altogether even though I should.

Hope everyone have a Happy New Year's!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 05:25:42 PM »

Skyrim and The Old Republic wait for me, as do Arkham City, LA Noire and many others.

I've already started one gaming resolution this month, to buy less games, and I've spent less than 50 bucks on year end deals so far.  add in my usual 'clean out the backlog' one (I've completed les games this year thanks to various factors) and those are my to resolutions for the New Year.

oh, and I mean to finish red Dead Redemption before the world ends.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 07:25:58 PM »

More Skyrim...almost 70 hours in and still enjoying every minute icon_cool

As for gaming resolutions, I really don't have any.  I've actually been pretty good with my backlog recently, so that isn't a major issue.  I guess I'll just wait and see what the new year brings...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 07:30:46 PM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 10:11:41 PM »

Today was Check Your 6! Jet Age on tabletop being run by a no-longer-active-duty Marine against a former Navy pilot.  I lost on points due to my MiG-15s taking more damage, but did not lose any aircraft, nor did I shoot down any.

Tomorrow will be the epic Houston Rock Band (now with added poker!) after I drive the 4.5 hours to get there.  Sunday will be the return trip and recovery, so gaming will likely be out of the question.

This coming year, I will receive my new rig that I just ordered, I have 194 Steam Games in my library, and I have two MP shooters on my XBox to play in addition to finishing Rage and putting some more time into Batman (finished the story, need to work on the side missions).

I also want to get in more gaming by spending more time with my friends and also reverse this yea'rs weight gain trend by gaming the diet and workout numbers to get back below 230 pounds. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 12:27:28 AM »

BF3, Dead Island, Ascension, probably some other stuff.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 12:33:20 AM »

If I don't blow up my DIY pc while building it, I'll get some SWTOR in.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 03:21:02 PM »

Chilled with some League Of Legends.. but was able to put more time into Skyrim and was glad.  nod
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 06:25:44 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on December 31, 2011, 12:33:20 AM

No response. Guess he blew up.

RIP Teggy.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 06:33:53 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on January 03, 2012, 06:25:44 PM

Quote from: Teggy on December 31, 2011, 12:33:20 AM

No response. Guess he blew up.

RIP Teggy.

I'm not dead yet!

I did actually build my PC yesterday and got in a little SWTOR. On high settings!

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: