http://gamingtrend.com
August 28, 2014, 09:36:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist - 10/16  (Read 1110 times)
Kagath
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2009, 02:32:13 PM »

Here we are again so soon:

That top 5 backlog list made me want to return to my own backlog.

Probably going to play:

Halo 3 MP - Using the ODST disc I've been messing with this a little this past week. Need to get a copy of Halo3 so I can get my achievements back after my name change.
CoD4 (360) - Still playing this for MW2 prep. Not getting any better but I do get the occasional streak.
Resistance: Retribution (PSP) - Been playing this one on and off for a while now. Half way through by looking at Faqs. Pretty long game. The checkpoints could be better in regards to saving and restarting but over all not bad.

Hoping to work on from the backlog:
Ratchet & Clank Future:ToD - Part way through and want to get back to it. Doubt I can justify the next one at full price right now but I can do this one at least.
Republic Commando (PC) - Started this not long ago and haven't returned to it yet.

What about you?

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 02:38:43 PM »

Hopefully my recently RROD'd 360 will hold up long enough for me to put the finishes on Batman, and RE5.

Barring that, I may try to pick up The Grudge for Wii.

"Goonies never say die"
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 02:44:40 PM »

Lots of Brutal Legend.

And probably some Rock Band 2 and Halo ODST co-op

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 02:47:21 PM »

Uncharted 2.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 02:48:01 PM »

I'm hoping to finish up Risen on the PC so I can focus on Demon Souls and Bad Company.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 02:50:07 PM »

Surely some Pixeljunk Monsters on the PSP (what an addicting little tower defense game), and probably some Motorstorm: Arctic Edge on there as well.  Maybe some more Red Faction: Guerilla on the PC and Dirt 2 or Stoked on the 360.  Oh, and Brutal Legend as well.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 02:52:49 PM »

Between work and football, probably nothing for me this weekend.  Might dabble a bit with NWN2, but that would be it.

I'm holding off on really starting anything new since I imagine Torchlight will be sucking up all my gaming time once it hits next week.  smile

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 02:53:38 PM »

uncharted 2!... & then brutal legend...

(&, if i've got a minute, i just may start a new borderlands thread smile )...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 03:13:54 PM »

Might pick up Magna Carta for the 360, but other than that I will try to finish up Mass Effect

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 03:28:08 PM »

I've been meaning to finally give Mirror's Edge a try.  I understand that it isn't flawless by any means, but the graphics are gorgeous, I love free running, it's something different, and it's a short game I can probably finish in just a few days.

If that doesn't work out, perhaps I'll give Gears of War 2 a try, or maybe World at War SP.  While it isn't supposed to be as good as COD4, I still feel like I should at least give it an honest chance before forming my own opinion.

I only have Friday evening for gaming, though.  Saturday a friend is having an "end of summer pool party and BBQ" (supposed to be in the high 90's), and Sunday is FOOTBALL!

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 03:28:47 PM »

Quote from: semiconscious on October 16, 2009, 02:53:38 PM

(&, if i've got a minute, i just may start a new borderlands thread smile )...

[Poll]Borderlands: What are you going to wear while playing?
[Poll]Borderlands: What time fo day are you going to be playing?
[Poll]Borderlands: White or Red wine with it?

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 03:32:52 PM »

just finished GTA4 again,gonna start on Lost and damned

and half way through FF7 as well

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 03:46:42 PM »

Opflashpoint:DR, ODST, Disgaea 2 on PSP most likely. 

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 04:15:31 PM »

[Poll]Borderlands: White or Red wine with it?

this is actually a really good question.  on the occasional night when i do "big new game release / drinking" i actually DO coordinate my choice of booze with the game smile  shooters are generally beer and chips, while extremely deep turn based rpgs might involve a sipping liquor or a full bodied red wine.  action/adventure storyline heavy games can go either way - wine (usually white) or maybe beer with the depth of the story often being the determining factor in whether i go with one or the other.  yes, insane i know

keep in mind not every game is cause for such coordination.  most releases come and go with little fanfare on my part, the rentals arent worthy - its only the special games that deserve such consideration.  i still remember mass effect - i went with sherry on that one (in hindsight it didnt really end up having a "sherry feel" to it).
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 04:16:59 PM »

The backlog thread guilted me into starting inFamous. I've only just begun, but I'm really liking it.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 04:52:58 PM »

If I get around to playing anything this weekend, I'm going to complete the last hour or 2 I have in Justice League Heroes. Other than that, I might find time to jump back into GRAW2 or SC Double Agent.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 05:10:28 PM »

Uncharted 2 will be finished today and I'll probably start over on Hard this time.  Some MP too.

Also will start to put some time into Brutal Legend.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 10:52:31 PM »

Batman
Brutal Legend
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 10:59:49 PM »

All of you are saying it wrong:

Brütal Leegeeeeeeend!!!!  dude dude dude

Persona
Possibly some COD5 or Sacred 2

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 11:12:39 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on October 16, 2009, 03:28:08 PM

I've been meaning to finally give Mirror's Edge a try.  I understand that it isn't flawless by any means, but the graphics are gorgeous, I love free running, it's something different, and it's a short game I can probably finish in just a few days.

If that doesn't work out, perhaps I'll give Gears of War 2 a try, or maybe World at War SP.  While it isn't supposed to be as good as COD4, I still feel like I should at least give it an honest chance before forming my own opinion.

I only have Friday evening for gaming, though.  Saturday a friend is having an "end of summer pool party and BBQ" (supposed to be in the high 90's), and Sunday is FOOTBALL!

90's?  We just had our first snowfall!  Loving it!   thumbsup

Continuing with Madden as I'm so far mirroring the real Giants at 4-0.  Continuing my NHL 10 Islander season.  Currently, 1-2.  I want to start my Be a Pro but I'm unsure as to whether I want to do the prospects game or just pick the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.  Decisions!  Maybe I'll see who drafts me then decide.  If it's the Rangers.  I quit.  icon_lol

I've been really struggling with enjoying gaming lately.  Trying to get back into it.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 12:05:24 AM »

Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend.  it's supposed to be cold and raining here all weekend, so it should be a great time for gaming  icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 12:35:34 AM »

Going out of town this weekend so no games for me, but I've already finished Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend will be on my doorstep on Monday.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 01:20:56 AM »

Demon's Souls.. That game is way too addictive!
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 01:31:04 AM »

Quote from: Zimix on October 17, 2009, 01:20:56 AM

Demon's Souls.. That game is way too addictive!

Ditto.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 04:19:51 PM »

Ended up with CoD4 and Gears of War replay.

Needed to refresh my memory of the first for my GoW2 play through. Almost done with Gears1 now.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 04:30:20 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 16, 2009, 02:48:01 PM

I'm hoping to finish up Risen on the PC so I can focus on Demon Souls and Bad Company.

finished up Risen, didn't touch either of the other two and started replaying CoD4 instead along with Red Faction Guerrilla.

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 04:40:41 PM »

For me it was all GRAW 2 this weekend. I'd started it earlier, but stopped at the beginning of the 3rd level - finally got back to it and finished it. Wow was I blown away by it; excellent game all around and one of best shooters I've ever played. I tried playing the split-screen co-op previously with my nephew, but it felt broken. After completing the game I realised we hadn't understood all of the play mechanics. My nephew and I tried the objective-recon mode yesterday afternoon and it was a fantastic experience. I'm now considering getting GRAW, which I attempted earlier on the PC, but found it to be too difficult.

This has really motivated me to work through my backlog now, and I know this won't be the last game sitting on my shelves that blows me away. slywink
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2009, 04:56:50 PM »

Actually, started a new campaign in Empire: Total War as the English.  So far:

I crushed the young United States that popped up in New York.  Don't need some rebels  rabble rousing my colonies.

Sweden crushed Norway which prompted the United Provinces and myself to declare war on them.   

France is in a brutal war with Austria & Prussia

Barbary Pirates has asked for peace with me.  Guess they didn't like my five ship armada crushing their ships everytime they decided to raid. 

Lastly, I'm fighting the Huron and Irquios nations in the New World

Still haven't seen the AI do  amphibious assault yet

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2009, 05:00:26 PM »

I literally did nothing but sit on the couch and watch football after work on Saturday.  It was glorious. 

On Sunday, I put in another hour or so into NWN2, and already feel myself getting bored with it despite my best efforts (just hit Fort Locke).  I don't know why I keep giving this game another chance (this is now the third time) because I simply can't get it to click with me.  It's strange, considering the original NWN was one of my all-time favorites.  Also messed around with World of Goo a bit, but I can't see it lasting long.  Great game and fun idea, but I simply suck the physics based puzzles.  Also spent some time with Droplitz on PC, which - after I gave it a rather mediocre review - has become one of my favorite puzzle games.  Finally broke the million point barrier, racking up about 1.3 mil on one of the Classic mode boards. 

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 05:08:41 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on October 16, 2009, 04:16:59 PM

The backlog thread guilted me into starting inFamous. I've only just begun, but I'm really liking it.

Finished the first island in infamous, started Untold Legends Dark Kingdom, started Prince of Persia... the assault on the backlog has begun!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Glycerine

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 05:26:01 PM »

Brutal Legend is just all kinds of awesome, I'd like to finish it before it has to be returned.

I may have hit a wall on Majesty 2, as I've finished all the advanced missions and the only ones left are expert.  As hard as the last mission was, I'm not even sure I should bother with the rest.  The build up was fine, as I pretty much ran the entire map.  The main problem came when trying to take down the last boss.  I had over a page of heroes when that battle started, after it was over only one lord was left standing.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 05:47:45 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 19, 2009, 05:00:26 PM

On Sunday, I put in another hour or so into NWN2, and already feel myself getting bored with it despite my best efforts (just hit Fort Locke).  I don't know why I keep giving this game another chance (this is now the third time) because I simply can't get it to click with me.  I

Most people think that you need to bear with it until Act 2 starts before it gets really good.

Or just move onto Mask of the Betrayer expansion- it's standalone and is supposedly fantastic. 
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 05:58:20 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on October 19, 2009, 05:47:45 PM

Quote from: Gratch on October 19, 2009, 05:00:26 PM

On Sunday, I put in another hour or so into NWN2, and already feel myself getting bored with it despite my best efforts (just hit Fort Locke).  I don't know why I keep giving this game another chance (this is now the third time) because I simply can't get it to click with me.  I

Most people think that you need to bear with it until Act 2 starts before it gets really good.

Yup I agree -  I still haven't completed all of Act 2  -just at Amon Jerro's Haven- but what I've done is definitely better that the 1st Act. I have enjoyed much of it, but it has been a disappointment compared to NWN, which I played to completion without any other game distracting me. slywink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: