http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 07:13:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist: 05/29/09  (Read 1409 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2009, 02:26:19 PM »

So what's everyone's game(s) of choice this weekend? I may try to finish off Incredible Hulk at some point since I only have four or five missions left. Then go back into Ninja Gaiden II.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 02:38:56 PM »

I'm going to try to finish Too Human.  I am in the last chapter so hopefully I'll get enough time to get through it.  The story is incomprehensible, the dialogue is cringe inducing, but I love the combat and loot gathering.

In addition I'll probably play some Rock Band 2 tonight and maybe some INFamous as well.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Glycerine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 02:45:14 PM »

A friend and I are heading out to see Nine Inch Nails and Jane's Addiction tomorrow night, so I'll be doing most of my gaming tonight.  I'm just about done with the first island in inFAMOUS, so I'm eager to get back into that.  My girlfriend also just called to let me know Demons Soul arrived from PlayAsia, so I will most definitely be playing that too.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 03:02:21 PM by Glycerine » Logged

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 02:46:32 PM »

I am actually gameless right now.  DQ V will be on the way next week, so I don't really want to start anything big because it will get shelved once my DQ goodness arrives.  Might just try to wrap up the last two Strong Bad episodes this weekend.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Natjak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 04:38:49 PM »

I'll be playing more of inFamous. I'm on the second island and having a blast. I also be finishing up Wolverine which I have rented. The Wolverine game has been pretty fun so far, well worth a play for anyone slightly interested.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 04:40:03 PM »

Will be playing Infamous, and SAcred on the Xbox!

Let me know if anyone wanna hook up - could be fun

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 04:48:52 PM »

I'm going to continue powering through iNfamOUs so I can trade it in towards Prototype, and probably a PC game or two.  Maybe we can get a good game of Killing Floor going for a change.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 05:08:34 PM »

Headed to Houston tomorrow for the RB party.  Tonight and Sunday will probably be FarCry 2 as I do laundry.  I get to play the same stretch for the third time, as I died the first time and a power outage wiped my progress last night right before I saved my progress...

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 05:11:58 PM »

Picking up a new 360 today  icon_neutral and hope to get back to playing Saints Row 2 second DLC over the weekend.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 05:39:09 PM »

Probably UFC Undisputed and not much else.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 06:26:03 PM »

about to begin the last chapter of smt: devil summoner 2 (& i'm also starting to wonder if i'm the only one up here who got the game for the game, & not the plushie smile )...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 06:47:34 PM »

Try to finish up Devil Summoner 2, and more being the Angelic Being of Light in inFamous.  Wherever there is a sick person, I will heal them!  Whenever a reaper is down, I will restrain him!  I will do no evil.  (right up until I meet the stupid shithead on the TV, at which point I'm turning into Darth Sidious and lighting him up like a christmas tree.)

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 06:55:22 PM »

You mean the "Eyes Only" guy or whatever in the heck he goes by? That stupid shithead?  icon_biggrin

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 11:10:14 PM »

This weekend I'm playing the lets get the pool ready because the weather is starting to get really hot game. Maybe if I'm lucky on Sunday I'll get in some Battlestations Pacific.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 12:14:06 AM »

Quote from: Big Jake on May 29, 2009, 06:47:34 PM

(right up until I meet the stupid shithead on the TV, at which point I'm turning into Darth Sidious and lighting him up like a christmas tree.)

how about jamming both fists up his poop chute and doing the shockwave attack?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 12:38:54 AM »

I am going to give Dead Space a whirl and probably some CoD 5.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 02:06:56 AM »

I need to finish Bionic Commando before more new games come out, and probably mix that with some Team Fortress 2 (thank god they did another fix to allow earning weapons again!) and Everquest 2.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 06:42:50 AM »

I'm trapped in Ancaria (Sacred 2) and have been for days, with no end in sight.  As much as I hate the camera - no matter how much you adjust the top-down style to try to see the horizon, it's impossible - the game is still extremely compelling.  I'll probably continue with my first character at least through the weekend, and maybe start a few others this week.

C'mon, Britain - get your game, already! Imo, the co-op feature is not perfect, but it is very, very good.  Before you know it you've played 6, 8, or 10 hours, and if your eyelids weren't slamming shut you'd still be playing it. Yes, Virginia, there is a heaven!   nod

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 07:12:13 AM »

Quote from: mytocles on May 30, 2009, 06:42:50 AM

I'm trapped in Ancaria (Sacred 2) and have been for days, with no end in sight.  As much as I hate the camera - no matter how much you adjust the top-down style to try to see the horizon, it's impossible - the game is still extremely compelling.  I'll probably continue with my first character at least through the weekend, and maybe start a few others this week.

C'mon, Britain - get your game, already! Imo, the co-op feature is not perfect, but it is very, very good.  Before you know it you've played 6, 8, or 10 hours, and if your eyelids weren't slamming shut you'd still be playing it. Yes, Virginia, there is a heaven!   nod

game is out in denmark, was so yesterday in fact. Wasnt it a euro release?

A new one
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 12:42:13 PM »

I've been playing a beta of Harbor Master on the iPod Touch.  Insanely addictive game.  Due for release in a week or so.  Just about the most fun I've had with the device (Better than Zenonia!  Better than Flight Control!).

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009, 03:40:01 PM »

Completed Bourne Consipiracy last night.  Sucky story telling but pretty decent gameplay.  Liked it.  Continuing to plod through my backlog.  Next up the last Brother In Arms game and Folklore.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 04:01:44 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 30, 2009, 07:12:13 AM

Quote from: mytocles on May 30, 2009, 06:42:50 AM

game is out in denmark, was so yesterday in fact. Wasnt it a euro release?

I don't think so, unless they are just punishing Great Britain to get at Metallicorphan!  I believe he gets his this coming Friday...

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 04:27:01 PM »

Plants vs Zombies

RB2

and thanks to the weekend steam sale, Freedom Force vs the Third Reich
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 04:31:13 PM »

On a strategy binge, so Valkyria Chronicles and Advance Wars
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 01:14:24 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on May 29, 2009, 05:39:09 PM

Probably UFC Undisputed and not much else.

By not much else I meant Plants Vs Zombies, Wheelman and Skate 2... I did also become the UFC light heavyweight champ and defend my title once.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 01:21:28 PM »

Quote from: Jeff on May 30, 2009, 04:27:01 PM

Same here.  smile  I'm trying to decide whether or not I like it though, the gameplay seems awfully hectic to me.

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 01:36:05 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 01, 2009, 01:21:28 PM

Same here.  smile  I'm trying to decide whether or not I like it though, the gameplay seems awfully hectic to me.

Press the spacebar to freeze the action at any time. You can give orders while paused, then press the spacebar again to resume.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 01:39:28 PM »

loved that game - one of the first to really utilize destructable enviroments (that I know of) besides that turnbased WWII/Mechwarrior game I've forgotten the name of now

A new one
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 01:43:58 PM »

Quote from: Jeff on June 01, 2009, 01:36:05 PM

Quote from: Gratch on June 01, 2009, 01:21:28 PM

Press the spacebar to freeze the action at any time. You can give orders while paused, then press the spacebar again to resume.

Been doing that (feel like I spend half my time in pause mode), but the micromanagement is driving me a little batty.  Feel like I constantly have to babysit every single thing my characters do, and even then, it seems like half the time they don't seem to be doing what I tell them to.  For example:  I pause and tell El Diablo to use his flame attack on some snow monsters, then zip across the map and tell MinuteMan to use his melee attack on the baddie standing right next to him.  When I unpause, El Diablo inexplicably starts flying in a different direction (without attacking), and MinuteMan simply stands there while the dude pounds on him.  Frustrating.  I wish there was at least a rudimentary AI to take care of some of those types of issues (i.e. if you're getting pounded on by an enemy in melee range, turn around and fight back).

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 03:20:40 PM »

Not sure what OS you're playing under, but here Hepcat mentions he was also getting wonky A.I. behavior playing FF under vista64.
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2009, 05:20:48 PM »

I finished the main story in Gun for the second time (the first on a console). Really enjoyed it again. Still got a few Achievements to clean up with it.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2009, 07:41:30 PM »

This past weekend my wife and kids were away and my nephew visited. That meant some M rated co-op play; CoD:WaW, Fable II, Gears II and Resident Evil 5. He'd never played any of the Shin Megami Tensei series, so we tag-teamed thru some Persona 3 and I into'd him to SMT Imagine Online. Both were  big hits.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: