http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 10:02:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Playlist - 04/17/09  (Read 1936 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2009, 08:32:46 PM »

What's everyone playing this weekend? I have a couple of review titles, a new Broken Sword for the Wii and Monsters Vs. Aliens for the 360, and that's about it. May try to finish off Chinatown Wars on the DS.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 08:39:03 PM »

Gonna bust through Flock for XBLA for review. Have an MMO beta tonight I'm excited about, and for the rest of the weekend will settle in with some Lord of the Rings Online. If time permits, I also need to get back to The Last Remnant (PC).
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 09:28:28 PM »

Bully (PS2)
Haven't touched this in the last few days but I want to get back to it. Really enjoyable so far. I think it's because it seems a lot less daunting to me than the traditional GTA titles. Like them too but get overwhelmed and still haven't completed one.

Fallout 3 (PC)
Loaded this up early this week and haven't done much else. Using the DarnifiedUI, terrain texture pack and a slower leveling mod for my first playthrough. Need to get some other texture packs like for Megaton. Really liking it so far.

Halo 1,2,3 (360)
Beginning yet another Legendary play through of all of them in order. Done this many times so far and every time is just as enjoyable as the first. Aside from a couple game stopping areas in H2 (hangar bay, flying prophet) they usually go pretty fast. It's cool to hate, but we still like these for what they are. Pretty much the only FPS that my bro will play although he did do Gears of War and wants to go through GoW2. I'm looking for a copy if anyone is done BTW.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 09:48:06 PM »

Far Cry 2, maybe some RttS on MLB 09 The Show.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 09:57:41 PM »

If I play much at all this weekend, it'll probably be Halo 3 online and I'll try to finish Gears2. If there's any other time I might get in some playtime with ES2008.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 10:21:13 PM »

Fable 2.  I have no need for any other game.  Albion completes me.  Fabulous

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 10:28:57 PM »

Rented Killzone2 so that plus COD5 on 360.
onnel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 10:31:49 PM »

Definitely some bioshock (360) and The Show RttS.  Maybe some RE5 (PS3) with my brother.  Otherwise, probably lots of poker (gotta pay the bills).
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 11:09:02 PM »

Valkyrie Profile:  Covenant of the Plume is finally starting to click with me a little bit, so i'll be spending some time with that.  Some of the game mechanics are still frustrating as hell, but at least I have a little clue now as to what I'm doing. 

Still need to finish my Fallout 3 game as well.  However, after seeing a particularly gruesome Super Mutant massacre, Mrs. Gratch has expressly forbidden me from playing it while she is around.  That's not very often with a month-old baby in the house, so I imagine it'll be a long time (if ever) before I wrap it up.

mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 11:11:52 PM »

Bioshock on PS3.  That's all.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 11:48:42 PM »

Fallout 3 and Rock Band 2.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 01:34:46 AM »

I'm not really sure, but some combination of Rock Band, Saints Row 2, Vanguard, Age of Conan, LoTRO, Far Cry 2, Infernal...

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 01:38:25 AM »

Demigod, and that's probably all I'll have time for.
Natjak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 02:25:09 AM »

Wheelman, Fear 2 and The Bourne Conspiracy for me. Wheelman is much more fun than I thought it would be, it's a good rental.
Simon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2009, 02:26:48 AM »

Picked up a DSi today (posting from it atm) so will be messing around with that. Also starting up Riddick and probably hopping in and out of PQ:Galactrix.
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 02:30:27 AM »

Demigod
Dow II
Godfather II

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 03:07:20 AM »

Just played a little Bioshock - it's okay.

NHL 09 with depward, Calvin and hopefully gellar!

Killzone 2 MP - ready to max my rank right before 4/22 when they're gonna release a patch to add a few more...

And some MLB The Show. Man, I had a no-hitter into the 8th the other night - ruined a shutout in the 9th, as well :*(

TheMissingLink on PSN
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 03:08:59 AM »

The Dark Spire.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 04:29:22 AM »

Left 4 Dead.

Rock Band 2.

Maybe some Killzone 2.

I'm also on vacation next week and the wife will be out of town so I plan to get a lot of late night gaming in over the next 9 days. smile  I might try to play through Endwar or GTA 4, or even Mass Effect.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 04:36:51 AM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
warning

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 06:57:48 AM »

I'm chugging through FarCry 2.  I'm at 69% done and definitely see me finishing this unless I get a game-killing bug or something.

And I know I'm late to the party and all but I finally started Persona 3: FES tonight.  I've never really played a Persona game before.  60 minutes in and I'm liking it but I'm also pretty confused.  I understand this game is basically crack so I'm prepared to lose a good chunk of time to it.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009, 01:08:53 PM »

Quote from: warning on April 18, 2009, 06:57:48 AM

And I know I'm late to the party and all but I finally started Persona 3: FES tonight.  I've never really played a Persona game before.  60 minutes in and I'm liking it but I'm also pretty confused.  I understand this game is basically crack so I'm prepared to lose a good chunk of time to it.

Hope you like it better than I did.  Despite all the high praise P3 did absolutely nothing for me.  frown

Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009, 06:33:36 PM »

Rock Band 2
Got new drums to replace the ones that died. Loaded up the songs from Track Pack 2 and Rock Band 1. I still suck, but am now getting to the point where I can clear most songs for the drums on medium. I'm aiming to get the "Million Fans" trophy.

Pokemon Fire Red

Trying to see if I can beat the game in under ten hours.

Oblivion GOTY on the 360
Everytime I start Oblivion on the PC I end up wanting something different, so I mod the game and restart. Then I usually start a three day research/download/mod/mess up my game fest. After about a week, I get bored of doing the beginning so many times that I wander away from the game. I've done that about five times now. Finally I figured that I'd just try the Oblivion GOTY on the 360, which I can't mod (or at least I don't know how to). No restarts, no backtracking, just play. We'll see how it goes.

And maybe something else...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 06:36:04 PM by Godzilla Blitz » Logged

KC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2009, 11:35:16 PM »

Multiplayer Uno (I just can't help myself)
I'll also try to get further along in Marvel Ultimate Alliance
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 01:38:50 AM »

Oblivion 360

just finished up shivering isles,i have a few odd quests to do there,and then its back to the mainland to do Mehrazors lair and Knights of the nine and then i am finished

thinking of starting the metal gear series again
twin snakes on the cube
MGS2 on the xbox
MGS3 on the PS2
MGS4 on the PS3

and also if i can get into MGSpo on the PSP...can't say i dont use all my consoles(sorry DS)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Malificent
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 03:51:35 AM »

Z+angband - kicking it old school!
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 04:30:48 AM »

Playing and most likely finish PC: C&C Red Alert 3.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 07:17:43 PM »

Just rolled the credits on Fallout 3.  Pretty decent game overall, and I actually liked the way it ended (although it was a bit abrupt).   Couldn't ever shake the feeling of playing a glorified Oblivion mod though, which probably notches it down a peg for me.

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 02:05:11 AM »

nothing for me for the next week...spending six days in NYC and won't have any access to gaming.  there are worse places to be stuck without my 360 though...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009, 02:51:05 AM »

Dabbled in:

Call of Duty
Age of Conan
Penny Arcade: The Wet Edge Episode 1
Metroid Zero Mission
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 03:56:22 PM »

I hit level 20 in Fallout 3 and put it on hold so I don't waste any XP I could use in Broken Steel, made it to Miami in Godfather 2 and played a couple of songs in Rock Band 2 but that was about it for me gaming wise.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
depward

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 04:02:07 PM »

I played a crapton of NHL with Adam / Cenk.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 04:10:30 PM »

I was home alone all weekend and didn't play a single game - I got a new Macbook last week and I spent a ton of time playing with iMovie and GarageBand. I am clearly obsessed. I did download demos for Call of Duty and Lego Batman because I was curious how the new graphics chip performed.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 04:13:41 PM »

I had a bit of gaming-ADD this weekend and started Saints Row 2, dabbled in Rock Band and also played a bit of Infernal on the PC.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2009, 04:28:14 PM »

Shot pool on Friday night.  My poor friend (not Moliere) only won 3 games to my 13, and those 3 were early on so he weathered a 10-game losing streak before deciding it was time to quit for the night.  Played a bit of Fable 2 on Saturday.  Finished the first hero quest, killed off some Hollow Men to get back The Book of the Really Dead, and purchased the potions shop in Bowerstone to earn a bit more money.  I think I might try to purchase all properties in Bowerstone at some point, but I have to start small.  I'd really like to buy the bar, but it's a bit out of my price range for now.  But it will eventually be mine.

Sunday was a 10-hour moving nightmare.  A friend had to move all of her belongings out of her ex-husband's house within a short span of time.  I seriously wanted to call off work today.  After we were finished I passed out on the couch for a bit as I just didn't have anything left to play a game and by 8:30 I was already in bed.  And I seem to have run out of Aleve.   disgust

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2009, 05:53:58 PM »

I made it almost to the hive queen in Gears 2. After doing some split-screen vs with the Halo 3 legendary maps, much to my surprise I felt compelled to restart the SP campaign on Legendary. I made it as far as the highway, but I think I'm screwed at the defending the bunker stage; honestly can't see how I'll take out the uber brutes and wraith.  icon_confused As well, I forgot to collect the skulls...doh... so I think I'm going to restart on Heroic.

I moved my entertainment PC and consoles into the den this weekend, mostly because after buying a matching set of 5.1 headphones we weren't using the home theatre much. That move resulted in my playing an exciting game called get the PC, which worked an hour ago, to work again! First I lost my custom screen resolution -a major problem for my gaming rig configuration- and then I couldn't get wireless to work. It turns out I had my DVI-HDMI converter connected on a different DVI out than before and my craptastic Nvidia card or WinXP couldn't figure it out. The other problem is that the wireless networking won't work on my PC, despite the fact that I got it running on my 360 -previously LAN wired- in seconds. Come Sunday evening it still wasn't working; just absolutely amazing what bullshit PC's can subject you to sometimes. It all served to remind me why my enthusiasm for PC gaming waned some time ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: