http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 06:59:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watch out now! My gamerscore is at 5!!  (Read 1466 times)
Americanidle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2006, 07:28:05 PM »

Hello all,

I haven't posted in quite some time as my account disappeared on me. Ron helped me out today.

Anyway, I got my 360 all hooked up yesterday and got on xbox live for the first time. I'm pretty impressed how the whole system is integrated with the achievements and gamerscores. I got my 5 points for doing something in Hexic...too bad I can't transfer in my Ninja Gaiden skills..

Well, I will start getting into some of these Live Arcade games(I downloaded the Zuma demo and will get the Marble Blast game later) and will hopefully see some of you guys online at some point.

BTW, my profile name is TheAmericanIdle.
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 07:54:48 PM »

Nifty name, I dig it!

TheMissingLink on PSN
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 07:57:57 PM »

5 points! Sir, I bow to you! The Master has arrived  :wink:
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 09:14:20 PM »

Welcome!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 09:26:32 PM »

Speaking of 360's...I am getting my tax return somewhat soonish and it'll be enough to grab a 360.  I am debating it.  The Outfit/GRAW have me all excited.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 09:27:52 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Speaking of 360's...I am getting my tax return somewhat soonish and it'll be enough to grab a 360.  I am debating it.  The Outfit/GRAW have me all excited.

WOOOT!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT BABY!!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 09:51:51 PM »

The thought of 16-player Live co-op on a rescue mission to aide a downed fighter pilot while battling off waves of tango's is about the coolest thing I can imagine.

Better start accumulating more and more points, Americanidle - I'm COMING FOR YOU (maybe)!!

TheMissingLink on PSN
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 10:04:06 PM »

post your name and stuff in the thread in my signature. I'll get you added to the list when I get around to  updating it.

(been busy with work and home right now)

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 03:09:15 AM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Speaking of 360's...I am getting my tax return somewhat soonish and it'll be enough to grab a 360. I am debating it.

I've got CASH MONEY and have no need for further debate.  Unfortunately I still can't actually find one to buy...  I just want to play PGR3.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Americanidle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 04:47:05 AM »

Stiffler,

I couldn't find one in my area and just bought one via "Buy it now" on Ebay. I did pay $40 over retail but it was still better than a huge expensive online bundle of things I didn't want. I had it a few days later.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 05:23:41 AM »

Wow, only $40 over retail, that's not too bad, really - although there have been reports (here, too) that they're easily available in some locations, just not everywhere.

Stiff, I still check on them for you every time I go to a Best Buy, Target, etc., - but - um... er... I haven't been there lately... there's a certain FFXI bug that bit me about a week or two ago.  :roll:  

But that's a different thread.  Tongue

OOPS - EDIT to add:  Congrats on your +5 Gamerscore,  Americanidle, and welcome home... smile

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
sclick
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 08:25:17 AM »

Hey, congrats on your gamerscore. It's nice to be able to say that my score is 10x someone else's ... slywink It's a bit depressing seeing all of these gamercards in the tens of thousands.

I finally was able to walk into Best Buy on Friday and pick up a 360.

Enjoying it so far, but ....

* Wow, this thing is loud. When the DVD drive spins up, it sounds like it's about to take off.

* Xbox live doesn't really seem any different than the old Xbox. The Gamer Zones don't seem to actually do anything, unless I am missing out on some way to limit your games to a particular zone. I played some PGR3 online and spent half my time with people deliberately ramming my car, even when I was trying to race clean and get out of the way of faster cars. The conversation was usual stuff. Man, sometimes I wish Xbox live didn't have that voice capability.

I purchased PGR3 and rented Call of Duty 2 and Perfect Dark. PGR3 is great (offline, anyway).  Call of Duty 2 is fun so far, though it's kind of "been there done that" in terms of the previous COD PC games. I played one level of PD and one multiplayer map and I'm not sure if I'm going to bother with it. Pretty unimpressive.

Just waiting for GRAW and Oblivion now....
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 12:36:13 PM »

My 360 was loud as well.  I had my system replaced and my new system is much more quiet.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 02:48:11 PM »

Quote from: "sclick"
The conversation was usual stuff. Man, sometimes I wish Xbox live didn't have that voice capability.

Is there some way to turn off other players' voices?

After seeing this (link) I'm not sure I want to deal with someone saying "fuck" 8 times an hour.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 02:56:24 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
Quote from: "sclick"
The conversation was usual stuff. Man, sometimes I wish Xbox live didn't have that voice capability.

Is there some way to turn off other players' voices?

After seeing this (link) I'm not sure I want to deal with someone saying "fuck" 8 times an hour.

Should be somewhere in your personal options.   I barely use my head set in PUGs to much epeen...you should hear some of the females in Perfect Dark MP...damn

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 04:10:42 PM »

My console is only loud when it first spins up, other than that it runs fairly quiet. Stiffler, good luck finding it bro, did you check that online locator thingy?
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 12:49:26 AM »

Quote from: "Americanidle"
Stiffler,

I couldn't find one in my area and just bought one via "Buy it now" on Ebay. I did pay $40 over retail but it was still better than a huge expensive online bundle of things I didn't want. I had it a few days later.

Thanks.  Sounds like prices have really settled down.  If I don't find one locally soon I will check out that route.  I can swallow a slight bump over retail.

Quote from: "Calvin"
My console is only loud when it first spins up, other than that it runs fairly quiet. Stiffler, good luck finding it bro, did you check that online locator thingy?

I have been.  Found one a few counties over but didn't have time to go due to work.  I have a four day weekend coming up, though!  I'm definately going to have my eyes on it.

My local EB has finally filled all their preorders.  The last four they got in today were the last.  They didn't have many since it is a fairly new store.  Hopefully some of the other stores like Best Buy will have some in stock soon.  Otherwise I'll order online in the next week or two.

I really want to play PGR3!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 01:09:55 AM »

Stiff,

If you see one in my area - I'd actually leave the house to get it for you, so check here too!  Keep an eye on Hadley, MA - 10 minutes from my town, with a Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, and EB...

My 360 is probably 15 ft. away from me, and I never use the console itself to power it up, just the controller.  So I guess mine could be loud, between that and game sounds, I'd probably never know!  It works great, so it stays, regardless.  :lol:

Well, I'll EDIT to add this - since that had nothing at all to do with the topic...  My Gamerscore sat for ages at about 150, then I kept with Quake and finished it - and it went to whatever it's at now (?).  The FFXI beta is giving no Achievements, it makes me wonder how it will be handled when it goes for real...  :?

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 04:38:22 PM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
Stiff,

If you see one in my area - I'd actually leave the house to get it for you, so check here too!  Keep an eye on Hadley, MA - 10 minutes from my town, with a Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, and EB...

My 360 is probably 15 ft. away from me, and I never use the console itself to power it up, just the controller.  So I guess mine could be loud, between that and game sounds, I'd probably never know!  It works great, so it stays, regardless.  :lol:

Well, I'll EDIT to add this - since that had nothing at all to do with the topic...  My Gamerscore sat for ages at about 150, then I kept with Quake and finished it - and it went to whatever it's at now (?).  The FFXI beta is giving no Achievements, it makes me wonder how it will be handled when it goes for real...  :?
I'm sure the final game will give gamerscores, but I really have no idea how they will handle that with an MMO. It will be interesting. Speaking of MMO's, I suddenly have this thought in my mind that WoW would be awesome on the 360. Hmm...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: