http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 09:03:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wasted on Steam (calculates your Steam stats)  (Read 807 times)
Crawley
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2011, 10:09:51 PM »

Pop in your Steam ID here: http://wastedonsteam.com

Here are my stats:

•Has logged 774.4 hours of playtime — that's 32 days, 6 hours, and 24 minutes worth
•Has spent the most time playing Dragon Age: Origins, which accounts for 9.0% of their playtime
•Has played 104 games, while 140 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
•Owns 244 games for a total worth of $2323.36 (at the games' current prices)
•Eleven games Crawley currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
•Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $3.00

Dragon Age: Origins as the most time played surprised me. I had put in 69.4 hours in to that game. I thought Majesty 2 would be the top one - I put 69.1 hours in to that. Bastion I played through twice and only racked up 12.6 hours. 140 games untouched...ugh.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 10:21:16 PM »

•Has logged 684.7 hours of playtime — that's 28 days, 12 hours, and 42 minutes worth
•Has spent the most time playing Mass Effect, which accounts for 8.0% of their playtime
•Has played 183 games, while 333 remain untouched
•Owns 516 games for a total worth of $5168.24 (at the games' current prices)
•Twenty-one games CeeKay currently owns are on sale.
•Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $7.55

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 10:21:31 PM »

I'm always stumped as to what my SteamID is because it's not my login, and it doesn't seem to be the name I always use in MP games (BlackjackGT). So I'm at a loss. I'll check when I get home. Thanks for sharing this, sounds neat.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
Greg Wak

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 10:53:43 PM »

Cool Site! I'll take 65 cents an ftw. Thanks steam sales!

gregwak
•Has logged 837.8 hours of playtime — that's 34 days, 21 hours, and 48 minutes worth
• Has spent the most time playing Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, which accounts for 14.0% of their playtime
• Has played 15 games, while 20 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
•Owns 35 games for a total worth of $540.64 (at the games' current prices)
•Two games gregwak currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
•Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $0.65
heloder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 10:55:30 PM »

Has logged 3.5 hours of playtime — that's 3 hours, and 30 minutes worth
Has spent the most time playing Half-Life 2, which accounts for 100.0% of their playtime
Has played 1 games, while 14 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 15 games for a total worth of $97.88 (at the games' current prices)
Zero games BooTx currently owns are on sale.
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $27.97

It's not accurate out that far I guess. I played a massive amount of TFC.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 11:37:39 PM »

Has logged 126.6 hours of playtime — that's 5 days, 6 hours, and 35 minutes worth
Has spent the most time playing Torchlight, which accounts for 12.0% of their playtime
Has played 40 games, while 141 remain untouched
Owns 181 games for a total worth of $1562.77 (at the games' current prices)
Six games DorthZborn currently owns are on sale.
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $12.34

Uh-oh - I have a worse games played to games owned ratio than CeeKay.  That can't be good.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 11:48:31 PM »

I can't get it to work.  icon_confused

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 12:00:38 AM »

Has logged 659.1 hours of playtime — that's 27 days, 11 hours, and 6 minutes worth
Has spent the most time playing Dragon Age: Origins, which accounts for 10.0% of their playtime
Has played 204 games, while 205 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 409 games for a total worth of $3977.72 (at the games' current prices)
Eighteen games Countach currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $6.04

Silky
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 12:04:49 AM »

Has logged 1099.5 hours of playtime — that's 45 days, 19 hours, and 30 minutes worth
    Has spent the most time playing Sid Meier's Civilization® V, which accounts for 18.0% of their playtime
    Has played 43 games, while 13 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
    Owns 56 games for a total worth of $657.02 (at the games' current prices)
    Two games Silky currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
    Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $0.60
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 12:23:24 AM »

Has logged 248.9 hours of playtime — that's 10 days, 8 hours, and 53 minutes worth
Has spent the most time playing Everyday Genius: SquareLogic, which accounts for 33.0% of their playtime
Has played 86 games, while 101 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 187 games for a total worth of $1512.63 (at the games' current prices)
Nine games Caine currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $6.08

eh, a puzzle game.  i guess loading a board up now and again adds up quite a bit

it's very off though.  a lot of the games on my list don't have a price listed. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:25:56 AM by Caine » Logged

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 12:41:53 AM »

Has logged 84.9 hours of playtime — that's 3 days, 12 hours, and 54 minutes worth
    Has spent the most time playing BioShock™, which accounts for 26.0% of their playtime
    Has played 72 games, while 178 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
    Owns 250 games for a total worth of $2192.54 (at the games' current prices)
    Thirteen games Laner currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
    Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $25.82

lol... damn you steam sales!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 04:19:34 AM »

Quote from: heloder on September 20, 2011, 10:55:30 PM

It's not accurate out that far I guess. I played a massive amount of TFC.

yeah, Steam doesn't keep track of time at... um.... times.....  anyways, it says I only have played 26 minutes of Alpha Protocol when I know I've played far more than that.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 05:11:39 AM »

• Has logged 523.5 hours of playtime — that's 21 days, 19 hours, and 30 minutes worth
  • Has spent the most time playing Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2, which accounts for 26.0% of their playtime
  • Has played 80 games, while 96 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
  • Owns 176 games for a total worth of $1702.66 (at the games' current prices)
  • Ten games Engine Nine currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
  • Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $3.25

Cripes, I had no idea I had spent that much time playing Bad Company 2. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 05:18:33 AM »

Has logged 549.3 hours of playtime — that's 22 days, 21 hours, and 18 minutes worth
Has spent the most time playing Dragon Age: Origins, which accounts for 37.0% of their playtime
Has played 86 games, while 177 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 263 games for a total worth of $2746.38 (at the games' current prices)
Fourteen games Victoria Raverna currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $5.00

37% of playtime is from DA: Origins???
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 06:55:51 AM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on September 20, 2011, 11:48:31 PM

I can't get it to work.  icon_confused
I think you were confused like me. When you log into Steam, click the COMMUNITY tab up near the top of the screen, which pulls up your community page. Copy just the lengthy number that you see in the URL that you should see up top there (if you don't see it, you might not have URLs enabled to display w/i Steam; if that's the case, go to the Steam>Settings menu, click Interface tab, check the "Display Steam URL address bar when available)

The Community tab's URL should look something like:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/000000000000000/home
Just copy whatever the number is there to use for this Steam stats thing. The number is your SteamID. Mine was about 17 digits long.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 06:58:22 AM »

Has logged 219.2 hours of playtime — that's 9 days, 3 hours, and 12 minutes worth
Has spent the most time playing Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, which accounts for 13.0% of their playtime
Has played 31 games, while 21 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 52 games for a total worth of $547.96 (at the games' current prices)
One game BlackjackGT currently owns is on sale. View all of them? [Trine is the lone one]
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $2.50

*Keeping in mind I'd lost interest in gaming most of this spring and summer, and the MMOs I was playing earlier in the year weren't Steam purchases.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:00:06 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 07:09:39 AM »

Has logged 577.3 hours of playtime — that's 24 days, 1 hours, and 18 minutes worth
Has spent the most time playing Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, which accounts for 13.0% of their playtime
Has played 74 games, while 88 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 162 games for a total worth of $1667.66 (at the games' current prices)
Twelve games Jersoc currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $2.89
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 08:06:23 AM »

• Has logged 1024.9 hours of playtime — that's 42 days, 16 hours, and 54 minutes worth
  • Has spent the most time playing Dragon Age: Origins, which accounts for 10.0% of their playtime
  • Has played 58 games, while 87 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
  • Owns 145 games for a total worth of $1711.30 (at the games' current prices)
  • Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $1.67

These stats are wonky though, but that's thanks to Steam which often seems to be wrong about time spent in games, particularly when the games don't close properly. I'm pretty sure the actual playtime should be larger than the number above.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 08:48:42 AM »

The problem is that its calculating based on what Steam currently shows, which at least in my case is wrong.  My suspicion is that Steam only calculates time played based on a rolling timeframe from today to a specific amount of time in the past.  So, for example, Steam says I've only put 6.2 hours into Half Life 2, which is totally wrong.  But its likely I've only put that much into the game in the last two years or so.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 08:52:53 AM »

Quote from: Sarkus on September 21, 2011, 08:48:42 AM

The problem is that its calculating based on what Steam currently shows, which at least in my case is wrong.  My suspicion is that Steam only calculates time played based on a rolling timeframe from today to a specific amount of time in the past.  So, for example, Steam says I've only put 6.2 hours into Half Life 2, which is totally wrong.  But its likely I've only put that much into the game in the last two years or so.

looks like that.  a lot of my games I have in my 'completed' category don't have any 'time played' listed anymore, including Half Life 2 + episodes and Portal.

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 09:02:51 AM »

The problem is that its calculating based on what Steam currently shows, which at least in my case is wrong.  My suspicion is that Steam only calculates time played based on a rolling timeframe from today to a specific amount of time in the past.  So, for example, Steam says I've only put 6.2 hours into Half Life 2, which is totally wrong.  But its likely I've only put that much into the game in the last two years or so.

has to be, i've had steam since half life 2, no way i only spent 500 some hours playing games on it. almost every pc game is purchased on steam and many more I add for ease of launching.

looks like games you add don't even get hours counted on steam itself, so yeah.

just realized I have the half life games uninstalled, so there's even more time counted, but I suppose that's not the fault of the website. but definitely I have more hours than what's shown.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:06:39 AM by jersoc » Logged
Grimwar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 10:01:12 AM »

The problem is that its calculating based on what Steam currently shows, which at least in my case is wrong.  My suspicion is that Steam only calculates time played based on a rolling timeframe from today to a specific amount of time in the past.  So, for example, Steam says I've only put 6.2 hours into Half Life 2, which is totally wrong.  But its likely I've only put that much into the game in the last two years or so.

Mine is way off too.  I have played TF2 at least 10 hours in the past 7 days (738 hours total since launch) and it doesn't even show on my list, but it says I played 200 hours of Rift, which I haven't touched in 3 months or so.

Grimwar

Has logged 836.1 hours of playtime — that's 34 days, 20 hours, and 6 minutes worth
Has spent the most time playing RIFT, which accounts for 27.0% of their playtime
Has played 62 games, while 30 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 92 games for a total worth of $1142.17 (at the games' current prices)
Six games Grimwar currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $1.37
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:05:30 AM by Grimwar » Logged

Playing: Nothing really.  Bring on Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2.
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 12:32:06 PM »

IBDoomed
    Has logged 2173.7 hours of playtime — that's 90 days, 13 hours, and 42 minutes worth
    Has spent the most time playing Sid Meier's Civilization® V, which accounts for 18.0% of their playtime
    Has played 46 games, while 21 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
    Owns 67 games for a total worth of $1040.31 (at the games' current prices)
    Zero games ibdoomed currently owns are on sale.
    Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $0.48

Woohooo. Zero games on sale baby!

Game                             Price    Hours Played    Percent Played             Cost per Hour
wow   ->   Sid Meier's Civilization® V    $29.99    390.4                17.96%              $0.08
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:34:22 PM by ibdoomed » Logged
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 01:36:55 PM »

Purged
Has logged 459.3 hours of playtime — that's 19 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes worth
 Has spent the most time playing Monster Trucks Nitro , which accounts for 19.0% of their playtime
 Has played 43 games, while 154 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 197 games for a total worth of $2095.07 (at the games' current prices)
Six games Purge currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $4.56

My son (7) plays Monster Truck Nitro for a little while, and then leaves it on all day. Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »

Tokek

Has logged 861.3 hours of playtime — that's 35 days, 21 hours, and 18 minutes worth
Has spent the most time playing Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2, which accounts for 16.0% of their playtime
Has played 90 games, while 137 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 227 games for a total worth of $2760.01 (at the games' current prices)
Thirteen games Tokek currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $3.20
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 04:51:45 PM »

This make me curious how much hard drive space folks have that they can have 150-200 or more games on their machine.  icon_smile I have two 486GB (labeled as 500GB) hard drives on my HP. I'm still nearing the point that I may need to delete some things to make room for SWTOR and some other large footprint games soon. Although maybe it's referring more to the number of games bought than the number still installed?

A Steam bud pointed out a similar site that's focused more specifically on the value of your games. I wasn't able to get that one working last night though. I'll ask him again tonight what the URL was.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 04:53:46 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 05:40:14 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on September 21, 2011, 04:51:45 PM

This make me curious how much hard drive space folks have that they can have 150-200 or more games on their machine.  icon_smile I have two 486GB (labeled as 500GB) hard drives on my HP. I'm still nearing the point that I may need to delete some things to make room for SWTOR and some other large footprint games soon. Although maybe it's referring more to the number of games bought than the number still installed?

A Steam bud pointed out a similar site that's focused more specifically on the value of your games. I wasn't able to get that one working last night though. I'll ask him again tonight what the URL was.

It's games owned, not actually installed. I only have one 120gb revodrive total and just install what I'm currently playing.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2011, 08:04:54 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on September 21, 2011, 04:51:45 PM

I have a bit over 2TB total. I've had to move half my steam games off one drive into another already. I honestly can't even install anymore games on my steam drive. Of course I can uninstall some I don't play, but they are like 10gigs and meh if I want to play through them again and wait to download. Plus whatever, I still got like 1tb free. Some day I'll add another terrabyte or 2
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2011, 02:53:56 AM »

As I looked at some of your total spending's I was like WTF. Then I looked to my left at my bookshelf of PC game and quickly understood how it can add up. I am so much more disciplined on my game spending now with no help from steam I must add, yheir sales are down right ridiculous.

JuniorDan

Has logged 301.5 hours of playtime — that's 12 days, 13 hours, and 30 minutes worth
Has spent the most time playing Cities XL 2011, which accounts for 55.0% of their playtime
Has played 14 games, while 5 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 19 games for a total worth of $301.38 (at the games' current prices)
Two games JuniorDan currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $1.00

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
PS3 Spinks
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2011, 03:47:24 AM »

I think I win on played time...

Lordnine

Has logged 2782.1 hours of playtime — that's 115 days, 22 hours, and 6 minutes worth
Has spent the most time playing Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II, which accounts for 33.0% of their playtime
Has played 130 games, while 118 remain untouched frown you can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 248 games for a total worth of $2890.98 (at the games' current prices)
Eleven games Lordnine currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $1.04
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 04:09:42 AM »

Holy crap, you have more recorded time for one game than I do for all of my games on Steam!  (disregarding that Steam clearly didn't record a lot of my play time from past games)

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 12:16:48 PM »

Ck and his small car's worth of Steam games makes me laugh/cry
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 01:29:38 PM »

Has logged 225.1 hours of playtime — that's 9 days, 9 hours, and 5 minutes worth
Has spent the most time playing Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, which accounts for 13.0% of their playtime
Has played 72 games, while 50 remain untouched frown
Owns 122 games for a total worth of $1402.74 (at the games' current prices)
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $6.23

There's a bunch of games that I've played and/or beaten that show up as 0 time though, so it's not terribly accurate.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 01:31:28 PM by Gratch » Logged

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: