http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 06:58:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warriors: Anyone got it?  (Read 888 times)
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2005, 12:52:14 AM »

What the word ?

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 05:57:20 AM »

Please note that I am going to do my best to avoid saying, "Can you dig it" or asking if anyone will "come out to plaaaay."  

I wasn't going to get it, but the reviews have been pretty good.  I played the first two levels, and I have to say it's a really good brawler.  I'm bad at these things, so I'm playing on easy, and I can already tell it's going to be a challenge.  When there's a rush of gangs coming together, it's a little chaotic.

If there's one thing Rockstar is good at pulling off, it's mission variety.  And story.  Two.  Two things.  Mission variety, story and a almost fanatical devotion to violence.  I'll start again.

As usual, Rockstar gets their hooks in you with well crafted characters (though some of that work was done in the film).  You're introduced to each Warrior in turn, and it gets you interested in them and the story keeps you wanting to play to find out what'll happen to them (although, again, the movie gives you an idea of where it'll go eventually, the game starts three months before those events).  Interwoven in the story is a nice variety of missions (and yes, I'm saying that after two levels).  Things are pretty linear so far, and I imagine we won't get the wide open world of GTA here, but what to do within that linearity keeps it interesting.  It's not just "go beat those guys up, move down the street, beat up this next group," etc.  And of course, you can just feel the violence.  

So if you can dig it, come out to pla-oh, bugger...

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 07:41:44 AM »

It's true, I really did dig the movie!  The reviews have been favorable for the game too, which makes it really tempting to pick up.  I wasn't planning on getting anything this week, but seeing the movie has gotten me pumped up for the game.  I'm hoping Fry's will have it on sale.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 02:25:54 PM »

Final word on this game, then?

Is it worth it's full price?

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 02:48:45 PM »

I would say YES Zekester!  However, I am a huge fan of the 1979 film and have a certain attachment to the characters and the film.

For a brawler, it's alot of fun.  I started playing it a little this weekend.  The fighting seems to be very realistic (not that I've ever been in a NYC gang and know what I'm talking about).  You can actually pummel a guy, pick him up and slam him to the ground, then sit on him punching away on his face then picking him back up and throwing him into a wall!  Cool!  The environments are great and highly interactive too.  Call me crazy but running through the alleyways as a Warrior and jumping chain link fences and climbing on rooftops etc. is so much fun!  Especially when a gang is chasing you!

I also like how you have to break into store fronts to steal items and money.  The alarm goes off and you have a limited amount of time to steal and get the hell out of there before the cops come!  You need to steal because you need money to buy "flash" (i.e., healing drugs) and spray paint for plastering your "W" everywhere.  By the way, if you get nailed by the cops they will handcuff you or your fellow warriors and you have to go up to them and utilize a handcuff minigame to free them - all with the pressure of knowing the cops may be coming after you!

The controls are very easy to use - you can issue commands to your other Warriors by pressing a direction on the d-pad (ex. left=wreck them all, right=join up etc.)  And the way your fellow Warriors follow you and help you out in a rumble is incredible.  I had one Warrior holding a guy while I hit him.  Cool!  Oh, and be sure not to hit your own Warriors!  I've done that several times.  Oops.

I highly recommend this one and I can't wait to meet up with the Baseball Furies!!!  As Ajax says in the movie, "Did we lose those f'ing clowns?"
 biggrin

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
unbreakable
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 02:18:38 AM »

It's Warriors Fever!

I was grocery shopping tonight, and me and two kids (about 16 or so?) were buying eggs  :roll:  Obviously with somewhat different motives.

Anyway, they were both dressed like Baseball Furies!  I was surprised that kids that young would be into The Warriors.  It was actually pretty cool.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 03:17:45 AM »

Ok, I rented this just to make sure i'd like it before spending the full price on it.

You're right, Ss..it's worth it.

I'm surprised to how well they tied-in this game to the movie, and were able to make a deep, fun game out of it.
Loads of violence and profanity (keep the kiddies away from this one!)

Excellent game all the way around.  thumbsup

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: