http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 03:12:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warhammer: Mark of Chaos beta  (Read 5438 times)
Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2006, 02:45:42 AM »

IIRC services like Gamespy aren't servers that host your game, they just act as matchmakers, the person that clicks 'create game' is usually the host.

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
Kobra
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2006, 02:47:47 AM »

Quote from: Atragon on August 27, 2006, 02:45:42 AM

IIRC services like Gamespy aren't servers that host your game, they just act as matchmakers, the person that clicks 'create game' is usually the host.

I think you are right.. Reading up on the COH forums, they mention "When playing Multiplayer, it is best that those with the fastest PC and the most ram choose to host.".

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2006, 04:26:02 AM »

It's a combination of a server/client and peer to peer system.  If the host drops mid game the system can still recover by shifting the absolute host information.  But, it's still primarily peer to peer because, as we all know, one player with a bad connection in the game can slow it down for everyone.  By its nature, server/client setups do not do this.
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2006, 07:24:11 PM »

Rumour has it that they will be adding in the Skirmish mode in the next patch.  I really hope so.  I finally got into a gmae the other night, and it was SOOOOOO choppy.  It looked like video settings.  Which is Odd.  I can run oblivion with all the settings maxed, and I can run WOW, no issues.  (Gefore 6800gt) but I couldnt run MoC in the lowest setting?  Maybe some tweaks are necessary?
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2006, 08:32:58 PM »

So this is still pretty unplayable I'm taking it?  I haven't tried the beta this week yet.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2006, 09:28:40 PM »

unless it just happened to be actual lag from the person I was playing with.  I really dont know.  I have yet to be given access to the beta forums.  I have access to the regular ones, and its been two weeks since I requested access.

this is WAY messier than Dawn of War was.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2006, 11:22:28 PM »

Quote from: GGMark on August 30, 2006, 09:28:40 PM

unless it just happened to be actual lag from the person I was playing with.  I really dont know.  I have yet to be given access to the beta forums.  I have access to the regular ones, and its been two weeks since I requested access.

this is WAY messier than Dawn of War was.

Different companies..

This beta is a mess, I uninstalled it, completely unplayable.

GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2006, 09:17:29 AM »

I had some high hopes for this, but Namco, if thats whos running this beta, really needs to address some serious issues.  I understand its a Beta, and not a demo.  It looks to me though, like they bit off more than they could chew.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2006, 07:54:49 PM »

ya i uninstalled out of frustration myself frown

GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2006, 12:57:11 AM »

I am not sure when they are planning on releasing this, but with the condition its in now.  I cant see it being soon.  I am hoping for another patch soon as well.

Rumour has it that they WILL add the skirmish mode, in the next patch.  Which should at least some people get to test units and such.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2006, 01:33:35 AM »

What a collosal dissapointment this sounds like. And this was one of my most anticipated games this year. Tell me please-is this just typical gamespy is broken bullshit, or is the game itself not good-or the mechanics are flawed? If its just that you cant get games going-ok, so the net code isnt great and Gamespy we all know blows-but at least the game itself might still be excellent. So which is it?
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2006, 08:39:21 PM »

Right now, from what I have seen it looks to be Gamespy.  BUT.  From reading the forums it seems that things are not working right in game, DUE to lack of peoples ability to play.

You can read all this on thier open forum, at the MoC website.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2006, 09:16:04 PM »

Thanks for the info dude, I will read up on it more.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2006, 10:41:20 PM »

I have heard there have been patches, but Vileplanet doesn't show any beta patches.

Anyone know exactly where to find the fixes so I can actually "Try" to help with the beta?  The guys running the show for this game seem rather clueless about how betas work.

Scott

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2006, 12:29:09 AM »

Anyone know exactly where to find the fixes so I can actually "Try" to help with the beta?  The guys running the show for this game seem rather clueless about how betas work.
Probably to obvious to help, but did you check their forums, or does the game self-patch?  I thought there was a beta forum dedicated to it?  I can't try until my new system arrives (again...), but I'm hopeful some of you can get on. 

---
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2006, 01:02:57 AM »

No autopatcher, I tried to access the forums only to have my key "Denied" for some reason.  They certainly aren't making easy like the folks over at Company of Heroes did!

GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2006, 01:25:20 AM »

the game auto patches when I try and log into the multiplayer.  I have the current patch, but since I have yet to be given access to the beta forum, i dont see why I should really bother.  They are removing posts by people in the MAIN forum, when they post something yet, not giving those same people access to the beta only forum.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2006, 01:59:26 AM »

Quote from: GGMark on September 12, 2006, 01:25:20 AM

the game auto patches when I try and log into the multiplayer.  I have the current patch, but since I have yet to be given access to the beta forum, i dont see why I should really bother.  They are removing posts by people in the MAIN forum, when they post something yet, not giving those same people access to the beta only forum.

Argh, I tried to "Kick" it to autopatch but it just wouldn't when I log in Multiplayer.. I am losing any remaining patience I have had with this game.  I think they underestimated the Warhammer fanbase or something.

Scott

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2006, 12:39:46 PM »

Pretty bad.  I'm still hopefull this will turn into a good game though.  Certainly enough history and variety for them to base the game on.  I would have liked them to use a varient of the Total War engine, especially the latest one if it lives up to some of the shots I've seen.

Any idea when a skirmish mode might be added to the beta?  At least people could see the game then, as opposed to being blocked online.

---
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2006, 07:43:41 PM »

one of the namcpo people said they were considering adding skirmish in.  Would be nice.
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2006, 09:38:21 PM »

Wow.  today, I check the forums for this, and low and behold, I FINALLY have access to the closed beta forum.  So I might actually be able to test this game now.
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2006, 09:14:43 AM »

i have yet to actually b able to play a ame of this in the beta.  From what it sounds like on the forums though.  Which appear to almost not even be moderated anymore.  Its a wash.  the mechanics are messed up.  The builder is messed up.

They have announced a HUGE patch coming soon, so maybe they will take some of the hints that people gave who COULD play the beta, and fix some of the problems.

It looks like they did what a lot of companies do.  they got a liscence simply for the look of something, then just did whatever they wanted with the actual game.  Apparently you can have a army of ONE hero, fully deck him out, and he will lay waste to entire armies fielded against him.  From what I gather, you just select your army, and throw it at the other pseron.  thats the strat...frown

Saddening..frown
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2006, 12:48:04 PM »

Very disappointing. 

---
ioticus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2006, 02:09:11 PM »

Damn, this was one of my most anticipated games  :icon_sad:
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2006, 03:37:42 PM »

Maybe they should've spent a little less $ on the excellent trailer, and more on the development side?  Regardless of how the game turns out, that was one of the best trailers I've seen in recent memory. 

Count me as another who was really looking forward to this game, but now has major reservations based on the beta.
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2006, 08:33:25 AM »

Release date has now been pushed back for this title.  Hopefully Beta testers will see at least one more patch.
ioticus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2006, 07:39:13 PM »

It went gold.  I hope it will be a great game.
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2006, 06:57:20 PM »

wow, it went gold?  I gave up on the beta long ago.  I was unable to play it with my rig at all.  Oh well.  not to mention there were lOADS of other problems
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: