http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 03:56:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warhammer 40K Dawn of War 1.4 patch, and Winter Assault gold  (Read 3356 times)
Dreamshadow
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 07, 2005, 09:09:59 PM »

http://www.consolegold.com/News/news.php?NewsID=3703

http://www.consolegold.com/News/news.php?NewsID=3702

Woohoo!!!!!

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 09:46:09 PM »

REJOICE!

I can't wait to pick this up.

Will the addon patch the game to 1.4 or should I go ahead?  I don't plan on playing it again until the addon hits.

Wonder how the Imperial Guard will stack up against the other forces.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 10:09:45 PM »

Good question...The patch comes out tomorrow and the game went gold today...It's a pretty good bet that the 1.4 patch will be on the disk.  1.3 for sure.  Let me know if you want to get some online play going. smile  I'm game for co-op and vs play.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 10:20:50 PM »

# 2 new graphics options: Persistent Bodies, Persistent Decals

Ooh...
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 10:56:19 PM »

I'm definitely buying this.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 04:44:05 AM »

Fuck. Yes. Me and Superhiro are going to be all over this and team up and shit and just destroy all challengers.

Or something. None of the above may be true, but I am IN on day 1-what the hell are they waiting for!! 2 week turnarounds suck!!
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 06:35:13 AM »

Why yes, I am buying this, thankyouverymuch. And I hope they'll continue to do many, many more expansions/sequels.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 07:21:42 AM »

IN!

Would you care to play a game?

biggrin  :shock:  biggrin  :shock:  biggrin

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 09:57:04 AM »

I would support a Relic game at nearly any cost.

I so love this company.

IN!

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 01:50:57 PM »

awesome!!!!  I bought DOW a few months back, and loved every minute of it.  I only really like playing the single player story mode in RTSes, so I hope they've got lots more of it in the expansion.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 02:08:51 PM »

Should be interesting.  There are two campaigns in Winter Assault: Chaos and Order.  Orks and Chaos Marines are on the Chaos side, while Order has Eldar, Space Marines, and Imperial Guard.  They have not said if the campaign maps will force you to use certain races at certain points, or if you can choose which army you want for each mission.  Either way, more SP goodness!

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
greeneggsnham
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005, 02:20:07 PM »

Most definately IN.

This has been on my must have list since it was announced. Eldar get Fire Dragoons, da boyz get Hard Boyz, CSM get Berserkers (although I'm iffy on this, 'cause I feel that Possessed are really at the same point, though we'll have to wait and see), SM get Chaplains ( I think, I can't remember) and then we have the Imperial Guard. We'll have to wait and see what tweaks and tech changes are made.... I wonder if most of them will be reflected in the 1.4 patch for DOW, or if there will be more tweaks and all that are WA specific.

I remember back when Zero Hour was released for CNC: Generals. Now that was one heck of an expansion! Units, interface and gameplay tweaks, etc, etc.... Hopefully Winter Assault will be the same way.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005, 02:25:43 PM »

Yep.  Not to derail, but I felt Zero Hour made C&C Generals what it should have been all along.  That is one good "old school style" RTS right there.

But back on topic - GO RELIC !!!!!!!!!!   May you live forever, and please get to work on Homeworld 3.

I am really hoping the Imperial Guard play much different that the Space Marines.  Am I right in assuming they are the "zerg" of DoW?  Mass units is their claim to fame, right?   Any word on random body parts/outfits/armor on these guys?

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 02:34:26 PM »

Sadface, I just got rid of my copy of Dawn of War and just picked up a copy of the Warcraft 3 Battle Chest...

Guess I can wait for reviews on this expansion...

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2005, 02:37:44 PM »

From what I understand, the random body part system will be included for all races in the expansion.  I cannot currently find where that is posted though..I'll keep looking.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2005, 03:37:25 PM »

http://www.consolegold.com/News/news.php?NewsID=3717

Go read that article...great news on the Imperial Guard!

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2005, 04:56:22 PM »

Quote from: "Dreamshadow"
From what I understand, the random body part system will be included for all races in the expansion.  I cannot currently find where that is posted though..I'll keep looking.

I remember bitching about it A LOT in various threads both here and OO.  From what I've read and from all screenies I've seen... I haven't seen any indication that it's going to happen.

Just Hiro will do.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2005, 02:21:23 AM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
I am really hoping the Imperial Guard play much different that the Space Marines.  Am I right in assuming they are the "zerg" of DoW?  Mass units is their claim to fame, right?   Any word on random body parts/outfits/armor on these guys?

I don't know about how DoW will play out, but as far as Warhammer 40k is concerned, the Tyranids are the basis for the Zerg.  The Imperial Guard are your basic infantry units.  There are, however, millions and millions of them.  The DoW description labels them more as a defensive force.  They are not packing huge firepower (outside of their Lehman Russ tanks) and their assault (close-combat) powers are rather limited to their special unit (Commissar).  I wonder if they will be pumped up like their table-top counterparts, otherwise they'd be virtually useless against Chaos Marines.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2005, 02:22:50 AM »

Quote from: "SuperHiro"
Quote from: "Dreamshadow"

I remember bitching about it A LOT in various threads both here and OO.  From what I've read and from all screenies I've seen... I haven't seen any indication that it's going to happen.

I think its only for the human units right?I know I heard Hiro bitch about it. The Imperial Guard (to answer someones question) I believe are meant to have a lot of units yes, but not meant to zerg with them. THey are designed as a defensive powerhouse, using their numbers in close formations and slowly moving up using their defensive bonuses, armor, and numbers to win fights. I think. Hiro would tell you if I am wrong.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2005, 03:15:15 AM »

The preview article that I posted to the front page talked somewhat about this.   The Imperial Guard will be able to move from structure to structure like the Eldar can through their webway gates.  They will also be able to take shelter in buildings and fire out from them.   They were designed as a hold the line force, not an aggressor force.  I envision that in a team game, Space Marines will move the front forward, and Impersonal...er..Imperial Guard will build up behind them to hold the territory. smile

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2005, 01:58:53 PM »

Ugh...as cool as it is, the persistant bodies and decals kills my 9700 mobility.  Turn that off, and the game is smooth again.  Oh well.  It was cool to watch the Ork bodies pile up in a circular line around my bolter turrets.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2005, 03:40:04 PM »

If the random body part system is added for all races (or at least for some. Orks need it the most). I'm ready to call this best RTS evar.

Just Hiro will do.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2005, 07:07:40 PM »

Quote from: "SuperHiro"
If the random body part system is added for all races (or at least for some. Orks need it the most). I'm ready to call this best RTS evar.

I have a feeling with the kick ass imperial guard additions, the snowy terrain, the new vehicles, etc. IT ALREADY IS NOOB!!!

Anyways, I gotta fire this up later to see the dead bodies. Hmmmm...persistent dead bodies...[homer drool]
FuronKamikaze
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2005, 11:38:59 PM »

Now there's a whole $h1t load of good news I've heard in a long time.This is going to make Warhammer 40,000 a whole lot better and the patch is going to help quite a bit.

Just to add on to what Rage said. Yes the Imperial Guard are made as a defensive powerhouse, until they can amass a large enough force. As said before by Rage they aren't like the Zerg (from Starcraft for those who don't know) ,who just swarm you to death, and the Imperial guard have some rather impressive units.

There are no personal victories in the Imperial Guard. They live and die by the thousands each day, but they get the job done!

The units I refer to are the mutated OGRYN and the brutal BANEBLADE Heavy Battle Tank that mounts 12 guns! This is just a sample of things to come from Relic. In the meantime for some meager info check out:
http://www.dawnofwargame.com/races/index.php#imperial_guard

Xbox Live Gamertag: bandirooster

ONE GIANT STEP ON MANKIND
AND REMEMBER FURONS ARE PALE BLUE NOT 'LITTLE GREEN MEN', PATHETIC HUMANS
PS: Live not currently working and waiting on a 360 set for the 22nd
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2005, 04:38:57 PM »

anyone having problems installing the new patch??  I d/led it from gamespot, and it gave me a patch corrupt error.  I'm d/ling it now from 3dgamers, see if that works.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2005, 05:45:13 PM »

Quote from: "lex"
anyone having problems installing the new patch??  I d/led it from gamespot, and it gave me a patch corrupt error.  I'm d/ling it now from 3dgamers, see if that works.

Make sure you got the right patch Lex-there are several versions I believe (international, UK, etc) and I know that this has happened to me when I inadvertently downloaded the wrong patch.
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2005, 01:48:33 AM »

damn it....I've only really seen the one version of the patch to download....maybe i've downloaded the wrong patch along the way?  

rage:  where did you d/l your patch?  maybe I'll d/l it from there and see if it works...

I can still run the game fine, maybe I'll try to re-install and re-patch everything...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2005, 01:52:08 AM »

damn it....I've only really seen the one version of the patch to download....maybe i've downloaded the wrong patch along the way?  

rage:  where did you d/l your patch?  maybe I'll d/l it from there and see if it works...

I can still run the game fine, maybe I'll try to re-install and re-patch everything...

let me link my favorite download site:
Fileshack link to 1.4 patch. Make absolutely sure you have updated to 1.3 before applying 1.4-Dawn of War uses a silly, ass-backwards incremental patching system, so you need all of them.
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2005, 10:34:56 PM »

SUCCESS!!!

the file from fileshack was about 10 megs bigger than the one hosted at gamespot or 3dgamers....

many thanks rage....
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2005, 02:07:10 AM »

SUCCESS!!!

the file from fileshack was about 10 megs bigger than the one hosted at gamespot or 3dgamers....

many thanks rage....

Anytime bud. enjoy. I like the way it plays now a tad better, and I love the slight graphical improvements. We had some fun with superhiro playing MP a few days ago-hopefully we can get a few more games in before Winter Assault takes us all away smile
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2005, 02:51:21 AM »

So any word on what the "Game of the Year" edition is all about?  Is this a gold pack with the original and addon or will that be a seperate thing?

Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2005, 01:08:18 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
So any word on what the "Game of the Year" edition is all about?  Is this a gold pack with the original and addon or will that be a seperate thing?

I think it is a different thing.  Did a quick search and it seems the GotY edition is the original game with a few new maps.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2005, 02:49:22 PM »

And some kind of an art book, or something, at least according to Gamestop.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2005, 03:01:27 PM »

is Winter Assault in stores yet?  Or do we still have a few days?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2005, 09:02:40 PM »

Quote from: "Fellow"
And some kind of an art book, or something, at least according to Gamestop.

Eff that, I would love a WH art book, but I wont splurge unless it has the expansion added. SUCKS!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: