http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 07:22:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Want Exclusives? Then You Want Microsoft for the Next 7 months  (Read 2326 times)
Dante Rising
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2006, 06:26:10 AM »

Looking to May 2007...

As expected, the Xbox360 and the PS3 share many of the same games cross platform. However, if you look at the exclusives, the Xbox 360 has the strongest exclusive library and releases over the next 7-8 months.  I'm personally disappointed with Nintendo, and have decided to bench buying a Wii until probably next summer. I have interest in only two Wii titles that are exclusives: Red Steel and Trauma Center. There is nothing else even on the radar that isn't multi-platform. Once again it seems that 3rd parties are not putting their full weight behind the Big N.

The 360 has a year on the competition, but the next 6 months look especially strong for the 360, with several heavy hitters arriving by April if the dates hold. It is a shame that Lost Planet and Forza Motorsport 2 were not ready for Christmas as intended, because I think they could have greatly added to the 360 momentum if the were released in early December. Sony looks somewhat weak on early good exclusives, but Resistance: Fall of Man and Heavenly Sword looks promising. They still manage to have a much better library than the Wii despite all the positive press on Nintendo's machine. The Wii just has too many current generation multi-platform titles and licensed games in its lineup, and they don't even have half the number of cross platform games that the PS3 and Xbox 360 share.

Obviously, dates are subject to change, and I filtered out some titles like Assassin's Creed which have been pushed back even further than reflected in this link.  I also pulled out any titles that would go cross platform before May. (Oblivion, for example)  http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126895

MS has:

Kameo
Saint's Row
GRAW
Dead Rising
Chrome Hounds
Perfect Dark Zero
Condemned
Enchanted Arms
Full Auto
Prey
Quake 4
99 Nights
Project Gotham Racing 3
Rumble Roses XX
Ridge Racer 6
-----UPCOMING-----
Gears of War 11/07/06
Viva Pinata 11/09/06 (Expect this to get drowned out by Gears of War. Not sure what MS was thinking releasing it in the same week.)
Dead Or Alive X2 11/20/2007
Lost Planet-January 2007
Alan Wake- January 2007
Forza Motorsport- February 2007
BioShock-April 2007
Mass Effect-April 2007
Too Human-April 2007

Sony has:

Genji: Days of the Blade
Fatal Inertia
Full Auto 2
Mobile Suit Gundam
Motorstorm
Resistance: Fall of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Untold Legends: Dark
Lair
Heavenly Sword
Eye of Judgement
Virtua Fighter 5

Nintendo has:

Elebits
Rapala Trophies
Red Steel
Super Monkey Ball Bananna Blitz
Super Swing Golf
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Warioware
GT Pro
Excite truck
Rayman (Reported in the forum as significantly different than the other console releases)
Tony hawk: Downhill Jam
Zelda:Twilight Princess

Please feel free to point out any titles I may have missed that are coming out by May 2007, and are exclusive to that particular console.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 04:30:52 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
Mookee
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 06:52:34 AM »

Super Mario Galaxy (hopefully)
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 09:19:49 AM »

This post is a bit skewed since neither the PS3 or Wii has been released yet.  About the best you can say for the 360 is that it's out now and has some good games coming out for it within the next 6 months.  Not to put down the 360, I have one myself, but honestly on release the 360 didn't have much in the way of games either.

Dead Rising isn't that exclusive, as Capcom has said they're making a Dead Rising for the PS3.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 11:58:55 AM »

Well, since you put Quake 4 and Prey (which are both available on PC) on the 360 list, you can add Unreal Tournament 2007 to the PS3 list as it's coming to both PC and PS3. About the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 12:09:13 PM »

Missing Excite Truck for Wii
What other consoles is Rayman coming out on?

Enchanted Arms (360) is coming out for PS3.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 12:14:42 PM »

Condemned and Prey were both released on PC.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 12:28:43 PM »

Quote from: warning on November 02, 2006, 12:14:42 PM

Condemned and Prey were both released on PC.

Seems to be using the three main consoles as the definition of "exclusive". Otherwise lots of this stuff would fall by the wayside.

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 12:42:07 PM »

Why bother getting Ridge Racer 6 when you can get Ridge Racer 7?  I'd take any FPS games off the list as they all play on the PC and they should all be played on the PC anyways.  Unless of course your console has mouse and keyboard support in which case I suppose it's ok.
I also have to agree that the Xbox 360 has been out for almost an entire year now so I would HOPE that it's list of exclusives would be significantly longer than other non-released consoles.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 12:44:06 PM by Canuck » Logged
ras752000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 12:45:55 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on November 02, 2006, 06:26:10 AM

It is a shame that Lost Planet and Forza Motorsport 2 were not ready for Christmas as intended, because I think they could have greatly added to the 360 momentum if the were released in early December.
You know, I was thinking the other day, what if MS/BUNGIE had gotten Halo 3 ready for holiday release this year . . . would that have cemented MS as #1 for this generation of consoles?  I know Gears of War might be a system seller . . . but what a way to counteract the PS3 launch hype than to rollout your flagship franchise the same week . . . makes you wonder if they ever considered it . . .

PSN=ras752000
Steam=ras752000gt
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 01:21:33 PM »

Rayman for the Wii is a Wii exclusive version only for the Wii, in fact, if the other versions do come out, they won't be anything like the Wii version. Ubisoft has stated in several articles that all Rayman development has been focussed on the Wii version. Sooo, I would consider it an exclusive title as well.

I am also inthe group with the 360 better have a stronger library as it's going into year two!

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 01:29:17 PM »

No way in hell does Alan Wake come out in the next 7-8 months- we've barely seen anything of it.  Also, I don't think we'll see Too Human until next holiday season.  And, while I'd love to be wrong, I'm betting that Mass Effect is pushed to summer, at a minimum. 

Also, for the Wii you are missing the Sonic title (it's different than the PS3/360 versions). 

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 01:37:40 PM »

Devil May Cry 4 is a PS3 exclusive

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 02:10:37 PM »

Gears of War 11/07/06
Viva Pinata 11/09/06 (Expect this to get drowned out by Gears of War. Not sure what MS was thinking releasing it in the same week.)

Funny; I have both of these preordered (only two I have preordered right now) and I'm expecting Gears of War to get drowned out in my house by Viva Pinata...  There is something that feels slightly wrong about that.

Not paying much attention to anything that is a PS3 exclusive personally; similarly to how I ignore PC games.  I'm not going to be buying a PS3 or new PC anytime in the next year or two, so why even pay attention to things I know I cannot play?

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 02:16:23 PM »

Quote from: JLu on November 02, 2006, 02:10:37 PM

Gears of War 11/07/06

Funny; I have both of these preordered (only two I have preordered right now) and I'm expecting Gears of War to get drowned out in my house by Viva Pinata...  There is something that feels slightly wrong about that.

I think they play to very different audiences.

Of the exclusive "coming soon" stuff listed, none of the consoles excite me. The Wii probably has more on your list that I would like to play, but unfortunately those TWO games aren't going to have me buying a Wii.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 02:27:08 PM »

The only Wii exclusive that I'm not interested in is GT Pro.  And yes, that includes the fishing game.

Is anyone else worried that Gears of War is the Brute Force of the 360?  That game had a major "Halo" push at the time and then fell like a stone covered in concrete.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 02:34:44 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 02, 2006, 02:27:08 PM

Is anyone else worried that Gears of War is the Brute Force of the 360?  That game had a major "Halo" push at the time and then fell like a stone covered in concrete.

Nah, I'm sure it will be much better than Brute Force.  I'm more concerned that it will be the Halo 2 of the 360 for me- a (singleplayer) game that, while good, didn't come close to living up to the hype. 
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 02:46:50 PM »

Gears of War for sure.

Btw, if you have a 360 download the new trailer.    thumbsup

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 02:51:21 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on November 02, 2006, 09:19:49 AM

This post is a bit skewed since neither the PS3 or Wii has been released yet.  About the best you can say for the 360 is that it's out now and has some good games coming out for it within the next 6 months.  Not to put down the 360, I have one myself, but honestly on release the 360 didn't have much in the way of games either.

That is true.  But I don't think the average console shopper this season cares WHY the 360 has more exclusive titles, just that it does.  I think the widespread availability, larger library and special 360 price promotions some retailers will be running could spell success for Microsoft this holiday season.

I have zero interest in any of the Nintendo exclusives.  So while I was planning to get a Wii this year I have changed my mind and will be putting that money toward an eventual PS3 purchase later in 2007.  Until then it will 360 only for me.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 02:59:48 PM »

I'm sorry, remind me again why an exclusive title makes it more appealing? When I buy a single console (such as the Wii), I'm buying titles that I can play on that system. Do I really care that the same title can be played on another system? Am I missing out on some "special enjoyment of the game" that players of exclusive titles get high on?

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 03:09:43 PM »

Quote from: raydude on November 02, 2006, 02:59:48 PM

I'm sorry, remind me again why an exclusive title makes it more appealing? When I buy a single console (such as the Wii), I'm buying titles that I can play on that system. Do I really care that the same title can be played on another system? Am I missing out on some "special enjoyment of the game" that players of exclusive titles get high on?

To me the exclusive titles are what define the console.  If a title really interests me and there is only one console that has it, then obviously I would be very compelled to buy that console.  How many people bought a PS2 because of GTA3, or an Xbox because of Halo? 

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 03:09:51 PM »

Quote from: raydude on November 02, 2006, 02:59:48 PM

Well, if you are only going to own one system then exclusives would certainly be one of the factors that drives you to whichever platform you choose.

And further, exclusive games tend to take much better advantage of the hardware.  As someone who plans to own all three systems, I personally would prefer more exclusives because I can't help but feel that many multi-platform efforts are hampered in visuals and framerate by needing to play nice with more than one platform.  Plus, all of that dev time spent on making sure it works on more than one console is time I would prefer spent on content itself, or just getting the game into gamers' hands sooner.  It's not just a least-common denominator issue either- PS2 games designed exclusively for the hardware did some pretty amazing things compared to games that had to play friendly with the Xbox.  And Xbox exclusives usually had visuals that could never have been pulled off in even a dumbed-down form on PS2. 
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 03:11:23 PM »

There aren't really too many exclusive games on those lists that interest me, regardless of the console.

Of the upcoming 360 games listed, the only ones I'm really interested in are Mass Effect and Bioshock. But both of those games are also coming out for the PC, and I would probably rather play them on the computer.

For the PS3, only Lair and Resistance look interesting to me, but not intriguing enough for me to lay down 600 bucks.

Of course, Zelda will kick ass. But that game alone isn't enough to get me to buy a Wii. Is Metroid coming out at launch or has it been pushed back?
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 03:15:29 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on November 02, 2006, 03:11:23 PM

Of course, Zelda will kick ass. But that game alone isn't enough to get me to buy a Wii. Is Metroid coming out at launch or has it been pushed back?

Pushed back.  There is some speculation that it was pushed because Wii online isn't necessarily ready for prime time yet, so hopefully we'll see Metroid by spring. 

Nintendo has had a problem in the past with long droughts after launch, but I think they will go a long way in correcting that if they can get Metroid out by spring, Super Mario Galaxy by summer, and Super Smash Brothers for the holidays next year. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 03:35:22 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on November 02, 2006, 03:11:23 PM

For the PS3, only Lair and Resistance look interesting to me, but not intriguing enough for me to lay down 600 bucks.

+1.  Well, for Lair at least, but I haven't really seen must gameplay for it so my mind could change,  I think the only PS3 title I'm really interested in is a Level 5 game I heard about recently but can't remember the name.  UT2007 will be a PC title for me.

Basically, on my 'must buy big item list', it's a new PC, Wii and finally PS3.  That is, unless I get one of the last 2 for free (gift, contest, falls off the back of a truck...  :slywink:)

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 03:58:29 PM »

Devil May Cry 4 is a PS3 exclusive.

I heard end of 2007 for this. Has it been moved up? I tried to limit the timeframe to May, as moving past that date made alot of titles highly questionable. This is also why I left off Unreal Tournament 2007 (Now scheduled for late June) and Enchanted Arms (Late 2007).

I think this will be a good game, but I don't think it can possibly live up to the hype. I see a huge opening run for the Gears of War, and then it drops off quickly within a month or two. The storyline and/or single player experience will be its Achille's Heel. I hope I'm wrong.

I've also heard more than once that Blue Dragon for the 360 will be held until early October for a U.S. release, followed by Halo 3 in November. This gives Microsoft "two titans" for the holiday 2007 season. If this is true, Blue dragon better get some damned added content since it would be held almost a full year after the Japanese release.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 04:04:09 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 04:10:13 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on November 02, 2006, 03:58:29 PM

I've also heard more than once that Blue Dragon for the 360 will be held until early October for a U.S. release, followed by Halo 3 in November.

Man, I hope not.  I also think it's a mistake.  It's not even guaranteed that Blue Dragon will be a titan here to begin with- it's obviously a take on Dragon Quest and that series just doesn't have much sway over here right now.  A Sakaguchi/Toriyama team up means a lot in Japan, but those names are largely lost on most American RPG fans. I think they'd do better here to get their RPGs out in a timely and regular fashion.  RPGs are always sparse early in a console's life and getting some significant RPGs out before PS3 RPGs hit would probably help them a lot.  It's very possible that we might start seeing a few PS3 RPGs by next holiday season, but certainly not before then.

Plus, Lost Odyssey is supposed to hit Japan in the first half of next year, so it would make a lot more sense to plan for that to be their big US RPG release of the next holiday season. 
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 04:14:45 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on November 02, 2006, 03:09:43 PM

To me the exclusive titles are what define the console.  If a title really interests me and there is only one console that has it, then obviously I would be very compelled to buy that console.  How many people bought a PS2 because of GTA3, or an Xbox because of Halo? 
Well, true, I bought the Xbox because of Halo. But, my decision wasn't further influenced by the ratio of Xbox exclusivity titles versus PS2 exclusivity titles. I just bought what I wanted to play.

However, I am inclined to purchase the Wii because I am intrigued by the system of control. It does not bother me that a game may or may not also be available for another console - as long as the Wii version of the game caters to its unique controller methodology.

The fact that the majority of big companies, at leaset in the US, are doing multi-platform releases tells me that buyers don't particularly care about exclusivity either. If they did, then there would be no market for a title that was not exclusive. In other words, I get the jist from this thread that people here won't buy a title if it came out for other platforms. Yet, the market is telling me that the majority of gamers don't share that sentiment.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2006, 04:21:44 PM »

Man, I hope not.  I also think it's a mistake.  It's not even guaranteed that Blue Dragon will be a titan here to begin with- it's obviously a take on Dragon Quest and that series just doesn't have much sway over here right now.  A Sakaguchi/Toriyama team up means a lot in Japan, but those names are largely lost on most American RPG fans. I think they'd do better here to get their RPGs out in a timely and regular fashion.  RPGs are always sparse early in a console's life and getting some significant RPGs out before PS3 RPGs hit would probably help them a lot.  It's very possible that we might start seeing a few PS3 RPGs by next holiday season, but certainly not before then.

I agree that putting RPGs out in a consistent fashion would be the best strategy. However maybe they ARE staggering them in this fashion. After all, you have Mass Effect before summer. That would give RPG fans enough time to digest that title before Blue Dragon hit. (Even though I believe the audiences for JRPGs and WRPGs are not the exactly the same.)

Even if Sony has no strong RPGs for next Christmas, you know their marketing machine will be in full gear announcing the massive library coming in 2008.

Plus, Lost Odyssey is supposed to hit Japan in the first half of next year, so it would make a lot more sense to plan for that to be their big US RPG release of the next holiday season.

If this is true then I agree that a better scenario would be Mass Effect in April/May, Blue Dragon in late July, followed by Lost Odyssey for Christmas. I sure hope these games live up to my expectations. My hope and dreams for the Xbox 360 JRPG offensive rest in the hands of Mistwalker. smile  Remember, they also have the action RPG Cry On. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 04:28:04 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 04:27:56 PM »

Me? I want a hula hoop event in DOAX2. icon_twisted
Wait, what were we talking about again?  paranoid  

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2006, 04:28:58 PM »

Oh yeah! DOAX2... now with independent breast physics...(for real)
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2006, 04:40:24 PM »

Quote from: raydude on November 02, 2006, 04:14:45 PM

The fact that the majority of big companies, at leaset in the US, are doing multi-platform releases tells me that buyers don't particularly care about exclusivity either. If they did, then there would be no market for a title that was not exclusive. In other words, I get the jist from this thread that people here won't buy a title if it came out for other platforms. Yet, the market is telling me that the majority of gamers don't share that sentiment.

Quite honestly you lost me with alot of that post.  But I think you are looking at it from the software side instead of the hardware side.  Obviously if I really want to play Call of Duty 3 this winter it doesn't matter which console I get.  But if I really want GoW, then I would buy a 360. People don't buy games because they are exclusive, they buy consoles because of the exclusive games they offer.

If this doesn't make sense I appologize.  But I'm not really sure what you were arguing in your post. 

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2006, 04:45:56 PM »

I'd have to side with DR on this, Raydude.

The reason EA / Activision / Ubisoft etc. release multiplatform games is because it provides a bigger market footprint. The cost to create one game is more than the manpower to port a game to another platform, so they do this to make more money. It has nothing to do with exclusive hardware draw created by customer demand.

For instance, the reason the last Soul Caliber game (end of 2005 IIRC) wasn't ported to the XBOX1 was that the PS2 marketshare was so big, and since the XB1 was being replaced with the 360, they opted instead to make the NEXT SC game for PS3/360, and not devote time & cost to getting an XB1 game out the doors.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2006, 04:57:19 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on November 02, 2006, 04:21:44 PM

I agree that putting RPGs out in a consistent fashion would be the best strategy. However maybe they ARE staggering them in this fashion. After all, you have Mass Effect before summer. That would give RPG fans enough time to digest that title before Blue Dragon hit. (Even though I believe the audiences for JRPGs and WRPGs are not the exactly the same.)

Yeah, I agree they are two distinct markets.  With Mass Effect, you aren't really selling the 360 to people who didn't get the Xbox first time around since Bioware already had Jade Empire and KOTOR as Xbox exclusives.  Chances are if western style RPGs are a major concern then you are already thinking about the 360.

But for those people who are big fans of JRPGs then they need regular releases to make them feel like those needs will be met on 360.  And having Enchanted Arms in the fall of 2006 and Blue Dragon in the fall of 2007 just isn't going to cut it. 
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2006, 05:32:03 PM »

I don't allow exclusives to bully me around..  If I waited 3 years for Microtrash to release Halo on the PC, I can wait for anything. 

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2006, 11:21:16 PM »

Metroid is listed as Winter 2007, which either means by March 2007 or December 2007, I am thinking that it will be by March of 07, and will Nintendo's US Online launch title.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2006, 12:09:38 AM »

Quote from: Tebunker on November 02, 2006, 11:21:16 PM

Metroid is listed as Winter 2007, which either means by March 2007 or December 2007, I am thinking that it will be by March of 07, and will Nintendo's US Online launch title.

Metroid will probably be the game that gets me to buy a Wii when it eventually comes out.  The fact that none of the launch titles (especially Madden) has online play is shocking to me in this day and age.  Lets hope it doesnt take them until Dec of 07 to get the Wii online.  That would kill the Wii in the US in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 04:04:39 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2006, 12:41:35 AM »

Blue Dragon tops my list of most anticipated titles (from any platform).

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 02, 2006, 04:10:13 PM

Quote from: Dante Rising on November 02, 2006, 03:58:29 PM

I've also heard more than once that Blue Dragon for the 360 will be held until early October for a U.S. release, followed by Halo 3 in November.

siege

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2006, 01:43:22 AM »

Quote from: denoginizer on November 03, 2006, 12:09:38 AM

Quote from: Tebunker on November 02, 2006, 11:21:16 PM

Metroid will probably be the game that gets me to buy a Wii when it eventually comes out.  The fact that none of the launch titles (especially Madden) has online play is shocking to me in this day and age.  Lets hope it doesnt take them until Dec of 07 get the Wii online.  That would kill the Wii in the US in my opinion.

I doubt we will be getting any online games on the Wii this year. However, the online Pokemon game is launching in Japan before the years end.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2006, 01:17:59 PM »

Viva Pinata will more than hold it's own against GoW.

The 360 needed something family-friendly (read:  that kids could play), and this one has been promoted across multiple media formats.  It has a TV show.  It's advertised in children's magazines.  It even has trading cards.

This will be a day 1 purchase for our house.

We'll get to GoW some time later.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2006, 02:13:59 PM »

Quote from: DonD on November 03, 2006, 01:17:59 PM

Viva Pinata will more than hold it's own against GoW.

Yup...I'll be getting Viva Pinata but not GoW.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: